Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,095 members, 7,849,422 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:09 PM

For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech (2994 Views)

Report A Hate Crime By Nigerians Living In The UK Or USA To Their Authorities / Imagine BIAFRA​ Finally Becomes A NATION (CHISOS)! / I Saw My Statement For The First Time Before Tribunal, Says Atiku’s Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Mightyhaiz: 8:15am On Nov 17, 2019
I wonder why Yorubas are all over this thread defending this glaring anomaly.. Sth is grossly wrong somewhere.. One is even running amok here digging up irrelevant posts to back up sick views, smh
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Throwback: 8:29am On Nov 17, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
you have dropped your point,you don't have to banter with fools.. U can engage intelligent and reasonable folks on the thread when they come

Do you know understand the agenda for which the Unity Schools were set up?

Consider the illustration below.

African Union (AU) decides it wants to promote international integration among citizens of member nation states.

It decides to set up a secondary school in each of 5 regions of Africa, namely:

-North Africa (Algeria Egypt Libya)
-West Africa (Nigeria Ghana Mali)
-East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania)
-Central Africa (Cameroon Gabon Congo)
-South Africa (Angola Zambia SouthAfrica)

Each year each school would admit 25 students, so 5 schools would admit total of 125 students.

A quota is set that each of the 5 African regions would have 20 equal admission slots, while the remaining 25 admission slots would be shared unequally to favour the African regions with higher population or higher rural to urban ratio.

If we assume that due to Nigeria's population, West Africa is given 10 more slots to make 30 slots in total. Then we assume North Africa has the Hughes rural to urban ratio and is given 12 more slots to make 32 slots in total. The remaining 3 slots out of the initial remainder of 25 slots is then shared equally among the 3 other zones in Africa so they have 21 slots each in total.

The final distribution and guaranteed quota even before any exam is written is:

-North Africa 32
-West Africa 30
-East Africa 21
-Central Africa 21
-South Africa 21

After staging a general exam conducted in every country in Africa, we can assume the results recorded are:

Many West Africans scored above 90%, such that the least score of the 30 students required is 93%, it becomes the cut-off mark for West Africa to meet its own quota of 30 admission slots.

Many North African with the rural predominance and apathy to education, score below 50%, such that the least score to populate their quota of 32 slots is 22%. It becomes the cut-off for North Africa.

Other 3 zones also manage to score above 80% such that in populating their 21 slots, their cut-off marks are all 87%.

It simply means that the cut-off marks for the 5 zones to achieve the international integration plans of the AU is:

-North Africa 22%
-West Africa 93%
-East Africa 87%
-Central Africa 87%
-South Africa 87%

Can you please tell how Ahmed from Algeria with 26% score make the slot of North Africa, has cheated Emeka from Nigeria with a score of 91% to fall short of the slot of West Africa, when both are just competing within their own African zones to occupy slots that have already been distributed to their respective zones based on criteria that had long been set by Africa Union to achieve an agenda that was clearly communicated to all member nation states at the onset?

Why not Emeka excel better within his own competition in West Africa, rather than looking over the demarcation fence and complaining about the competition ongoing in North Africa, when fixed slots have already been shared between each African zones even before the exam was written by both students?

Also remember that all member nation states still have their regular secondary schools whose fees are not subsidized, and whose ownership can be public or private, where admission is based solely on merit. Also, enrollment in the African Union schools is not a requirement for future job roles in Africa or with the African Union itself.

So what exactly is the fuss about?
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Mightyhaiz: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2019
Throwback:

Do you know understand the agenda for which the Unity Schools were set up?

Consider the illustration below.

African Union (AU) decides it wants to promote international integration among citizens of member nation states.

It decides to set up a secondary school in each of 5 regions of Africa, namely:

-North Africa (Algeria Egypt Libya)
-West Africa (Nigeria Ghana Mali)
-East Africa (Kenya Uganda Tanzania)
-Central Africa (Cameroon Gabon Congo)
-South Africa (Angola Zambia SouthAfrica)

Each year each school would admit 25 students, so 5 schools would admit total of 125 students.

A quota is set that each of the 5 African regions would have 20 equal admission slots, while the remaining 25 admission slots would be shared unequally to favour the African regions with higher population or higher rural to urban ratio.

If we assume that due to Nigeria's population, West Africa is given 10 more slots to make 30 slots in total. Then we assume North Africa has the Hughes rural to urban ratio and is given 12 more slots to make 32 slots in total. The remaining 3 slots out of the initial remainder of 25 slots is then shared equally among the 3 other zones in Africa so they have 21 slots each in total.

The final distribution and guaranteed quota even before any exam is written is:

-North Africa 32
-West Africa 30
-East Africa 21
-Central Africa 21
-South Africa 21

After staging a general exam conducted in every country in Africa, we can assume the results recorded are:

Many West Africans scored above 90%, such that the least score of the 30 students required is 93%, it becomes the cut-off mark for West Africa to meet its own quota of 30 admission slots.

Many North African with the rural predominance and apathy to education, score below 50%, such that the least score to populate their quota of 32 slots is 22%. It becomes the cut-off for North Africa.

Other 3 zones also manage to score above 80% such that in populating their 21 slots, their cut-off marks are all 87%.

It simply means that the cut-off marks for the 5 zones to achieve the international integration plans of the AU is:

-North Africa 22%
-West Africa 93%
-East Africa 87%
Central Africa 87%
After this strenous but irrelevant epistle,..I was hoping to see you commit a fraction of this energy to rationalise the skewed appointments into federal parastatals in Nigeria afterwards ...but alas,...

1 Like

Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Charleys: 8:38am On Nov 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Calm down. You go cry this morning. I'll be back for you.

Edit:

In 2007, you opened a thread complaining about the cut off scores for common entrance exams
https://www.nairaland.com/3938333/look-recent-national-common-entrance

Here, you turned yourself to special adviser to Kanu.
https://www.nairaland.com/3959430/biafra-dont-embark-lagos-visit

Here, you opened a thread and said that Non natives in Anambra adopted Tony Nwoye and Tony Nwoye would never rule Anambra.
https://www.nairaland.com/4029205/anambra-poll-non-natives-adopt-apc

Here, you were hailing Saraki and saying he's the cat with 9 lives who would defeat Buhari.
https://www.nairaland.com/4663467/saraki-cat-nine-lives

You see, Emeka, the problem with people like you is that your hypocrisy has impaired your reasoning. You naturally posses a sub-par intelligence and your hypocrisy has further diminished it.

You support PDP when it suits you and I don't have a problem with that. It's your right. You are also a bigot and an ipob supporter who hides under PDP to preprtrate your treasonous support for Kanu and ipob as well as your inherited defect of bigotry.

I know what is paining you and it is that PDP lost in Bayelsa. If you know so much about good leadership, why do you have your uncles in the village being force-fed kerosene? Bayelsans are happy about that and you should shut up your dirty mouth and cry in silence.

Guy abeg follow do profile on me abeg, I want to see it.
Or maybe should I insult you to get it too.
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Throwback: 8:55am On Nov 17, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
After this strenous but irrelevant epistle,..I was hoping to see you commit a fraction of this energy to rationalise the skewed appointments into federal parastatals in Nigeria afterwards ...but alas,...

You've only proven that you are beyond an education because your underlying greed cannot be "dialogued" away.

I am sure the topic of this discussion is clear to everyone, so why exactly were you expecting me to touch on a topic that is different from admissions into federal Unity Schools?

Alas, your mindset was defeated, so it was time for you to move the goal post.

Very typical.

As for appointments into federal offices that you have now raised, it should be by merit only.

But in every multiethnic/diverse society of this world, the progressive policy is to temper merit with inclusiveness.

Why each successive government practices its own nepotism beyond the already established policy of federal character, is left for each government to defend.

A Northern government has always favoured the North, while a Southern government has always favoured the South. A Hausa man heading a ministry or department has always hired more Hausa into position. An Igbo woman heading her own ministry or department has always hired more Igbos into position.

No saint has managed to journey to Rome without succumbing to the distraction of the vanities that line up the path, except Saint Francis of Assisi.
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Difrent: 9:02am On Nov 17, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
So how do u rationalise katsina having far more slots in dss than anambra. Why not device a way to fill in and balance the quota like u did in the unity school admission. Why should certain parts of the country swallow up most of the slots when its time for recruitment,despite being (deliberately)educationally disadvantaged.. Are u encouraging perfection/growth DAT way? How can the country now harness its best brains and strive to be at par with the world?

Stop being clever by half mister
The Op was talking about unity school cut off marks which I responded to. Now to the DSS recruitment, if Katsina has far more DSS slot than anambra IN THE LAST RECRUITMENT EXERCISE, has Katsina ALWAYS been having highest slot for the previous recruitment?
Answer is NO
lawal Daura was DSS boss when this happened, having more people from your state/tribe/region recruited into an agency you head is no big deal and most politicians use this method to continue being politically relevant. When ehindero was IGP he made sure every family in his village has at least 1 member of the NPF.
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Throwback: 9:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Difrent:

The Op was talking about unity school cut off marks which I responded to. Now to the DSS recruitment, if Katsina has far more DSS slot than anambra IN THE LAST RECRUITMENT EXERCISE, has Katsina ALWAYS been having highest slot for the previous recruitment?
Answer is NO
lawal Daura was DSS boss when this happened, having more people from your state/tribe/region recruited into an agency you head is no big deal and most politicians use this method to continue being politically relevant. When ehindero was IGP he made sure every family in his village has at least 1 member of the NPF.

He fails to recognize that this employment matter is a nepotism ping-pong that happen with every tribe or social grouping.

Hausas in power have done it, Igbos in power have done it, Yoruba's in power have done it.

Even at the ordinary level, you give a senior role to a Deeper Life adherent, he ensures he sees to the progress of fellow church members within that civil service or private organization.

That one is a human problem.

1 Like

Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Difrent: 9:15am On Nov 17, 2019
Throwback:

He fails to recognize that this employment matter is a nepotism ping-pong that happen with every tribe or social grouping.

Hausas in power have done it, Igbos in power have done it, Yoruba's in power have done it.

Even at the ordinary level, you give a senior role to a Deeper Life adherent, he ensures he sees to the progress of fellow church members within that civil service or private organization.

That one is a human problem.

Thank you. In my place of work a member of a one of the biggest church in Nigeria was made secretary next thing half the new recruits were members of her church. It's really a human problem.

1 Like

Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Throwback: 9:23am On Nov 17, 2019
Difrent:

Thank you. In my place of work a member of a one of the biggest church in Nigeria was made secretary next thing half the new recruits were members of her church. It's really a human problem.

I deliberately didn't want to mention new recruits because due to the recruitment policy of the company, it might be curtailed.

However, it is also happening.

In fact, how can we avoid nepotism in the workplace when the mindset in every household is that "My uncle who is a director in the ministry did not help me"

"Who you epp?" mindset underscores the fact that we expect people in power to sacrifice merit for nepotism.
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Throwback: 9:32am On Nov 17, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
I wonder why Yorubas are all over this thread defending this glaring anomaly.. Sth is grossly wrong somewhere.. One is even running amok here digging up irrelevant posts to back up sick views, smh

What is the anomaly in having dedicated admission slots for a school that is meant to unify and integrate diverse tribes in Nigeria?

Is it that Igbos are excluded and do not have their own slots which are already allocated even before the exams are written?

Why do you find it a mental difficulty to understand that the robust competition for these slots with students scoring very high marks, is what makes the admission cut off for Southern States higher to occupy already awarded quota? While the apathy to education is what makes the very poor scores of Northern students to result to very low cut-off marks for Northern states to occupy their already awarded quota?

The federal Unity Schools do not even constitute up to 1% of secondary schools in the country.

I wonder why Igbos who have already fulfilled their own States allocation of admission slots, are always wailing about the slots that are allocated to other states.

Is it a must to have it all?

Can't you let this unity agenda schools thrive in integration of diversity as it was intended?

Is it that there are no good schools in Igboland that every year you must find an Igbo weeping profusely about unity school admissions like it is the end of secondary schooling opportunity for the Igbo child?

Learn to curb your gluttony and stop coveting what does not belong to you, especially when you have yours already. Your greed is the something that is wrong and it is with you Igbos that is the somewhere.

Greedy lots!
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Mightyhaiz: 9:50am On Nov 17, 2019
Throwback:

What is the anomaly in having dedicated admission slots for a school that is meant to unify and integrate diverse tribes in Nigeria?

Is it that Igbos are excluded and do not have their own slots which are already allocated even before the exams are written?

Why do you find it a mental difficulty to understand that the robust competition for these slots with students scoring very high marks, is what makes the admission cut off for Southern States higher to occupy already awarded quota? While the apathy to education is what makes the very poor scores of Northern students to result to very low cut-off marks for Northern states to occupy their already awarded quota?

I wonder why Igbos who have already fulfilled their own States allocation of admission slots, are always wailing about the slots that are allocated to other states.

Is it a must to have it all?

Can't you let this unity agenda schools thrive in integration of diversity as it was intended?

Is it that there are no good schools in Igboland that every year you must find an Igbo weeping profusely about unity school admissions like it is the end of secondary schooling opportunity for the Igbo child?

Learn to curb your gluttony and stop coveting what does not belong to you, especially when you have yours already. Your greed is the something that is wrong and it is with you Igbos that is the somewhere.

Greedy lots!
If u can't harness a fraction of the energy and zest u use in writing these meaningless and unreadable epistles to explain the rationale behind admitting a child that scores 10 ahead of a child DAT scores say 130 just for the sake of filling up slots,but conveniently discarding the so called federal character when its time for appointments into federal agencies ,Then I am sorry to say that you are just a mischievous noisemaker with yet to be deciphered motives..
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by mrvitalis(m): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2019
Hotfreezer:

Don't waste your time on that boy, he has no child that needs admission, he's only making noise online because PDP lost in Bayelsa and Kogi isn't looking good.

He's actually a Saraki and PDP supporter
If it takes someone to manipulate the system to get his child in then he his point is very very clear

1 Like

Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Throwback: 10:42am On Nov 17, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
If u can't harness a fraction of the energy and zest u use in writing these meaningless and unreadable epistles to explain the rationale behind admitting a child that scores 10 ahead of a child DAT scores say 130 just for the sake of filling up slots,but conveniently discarding the so called federal character when its time for appointments into federal agencies ,Then I am sorry to say that you are just a mischievous noisemaker with yet to be deciphered motives..

The rationale behind such admission is Unity Schools. I suspected your ignorance of this rationale, yet with my enlightenment you are still afraid to exit the darkness and be illuminated.

Education is a right, Unity school is not a right.

So pursue your education elsewhere if you fail to meet up with your State cut-off marks to be part of the State contingent to occupy already allocated and guaranteed slots.

I repeat, the Federal Unity Schools do not even make up to 1% of secondary schools in Nigeria. So why wail over a government programme that is never going to be accessible to all but must have representation from all corners of Nigeria?

Take your high capacity brain to a private school where there is nothing like quota, and all you have to do is to pay without any federal subsidy according to the quality of education provided.

If you can devote the energy you use to wail over what is not your right, to pursue your academic dreams, you would not need to lament in future as a parent of a child who has failed to meet his State cut-off mark, but is economically handicapped to pursue more qualitative education that abound everywhere and that is not subsidized for general affordability like the Unity Schools.

If you still do not understand, then look yourself in the mirror and you will see a glutton who wants to have what belongs to others, having already taken possession of what belong to him.

And if my arguments that have been canvassed with simple words and appropriate punctuations, are meaningless to you, then it is not my fault you remained illiterate when others were getting sound education. It is not uncommon that some people do not have the mental capacity to read beyond a sentence, before they tire out. To them, everything is an epistle, hence the ignorance that follows them like a shadow.

Is it your fault that Igbos discard federal character when in high office or don't the respective Igbos have a name? Was Stella Oduah not accused by other tribes of favouring Igbos in the aviation ministry?

Is it my fault if President Obasanjo or ministers Ogunlewe of Works or Femi Fani-Kayode of Aviation, discarded federal character while they held sway?

It is he who is in power that chooses to discard federal character and practice nepotism and favouritism. Azikiwe was a master of that as Visitor to University of Ibadan.

So don't pretend you are not as bad as every other tribe. You were not lamenting when Jonathan was in Power and favoured Igbos, that time others lamented. Now is your own turn to lament, while others are keeping quiet like you did then.

And then, the cycle continues.
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Mightyhaiz: 11:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Throwback:

The rationale behind such admission is Unity Schools. I suspected your ignorance of this rationale, yet with my enlightenment you are still afraid to exit the darkness and be illuminated.

Education is a right, Unity school is not a right.

So pursue your education elsewhere if you fail to meet up with your State cut-off marks to be part of the State contingent to occupy already allocated and guaranteed slots.

I repeat, the Federal Unity Schools do not even make up to 1% of secondary schools in Nigeria. So why wail over a government programme that is never going to be accessible to all but must have representation from all corners of Nigeria?

Take your high capacity brain to a private school where there is nothing like quota, and all you have to do is to pay without any federal subsidy according to the quality of education provided.

If you can devote the energy you use to wail over what is not your right, to pursue your academic dreams, you would not need to lament in future as a parent of a child who has failed to meet his State cut-off mark, but is economically handicapped to pursue more qualitative education that abound everywhere and that is not subsidized for general affordability like the Unity Schools.

If you still do not understand, then look yourself in the mirror and you will see a glutton who wants to have what belongs to others, having already taken possession of what belong to him.

And if my arguments that have been canvassed with simple words and appropriate punctuations, are meaningless to you, then it is not my fault you remained illiterate when others were getting sound education. It is not uncommon that some people do not have the mental capacity to read beyond a sentence, before they tire out. To them, everything is an epistle, hence the ignorance that follows them like a shadow.

Is it your fault that Igbos discard federal character when in high office or don't the respective Igbos have a name? Was Stella Oduah not accused by other tribes of favouring Igbos in the aviation ministry?

Is it my fault if President Obasanjo or ministers Ogunlewe of Works or Femi Fani-Kayode of Aviation, discarded federal character while they held sway?

It is he who is in power that chooses to discard federal character and practice nepotism and favouritism. Azikiwe was a master of that as Visitor to University of Ibadan.

So don't pretend you are not as bad as every other tribe. You were not lamenting when Jonathan was in Power and favoured Igbos, that time others lamented. Now is your own turn to lament, while others are keeping quiet like you did then.

And then, the cycle continues.
Una hypocrisy na gold standard.. When it comes to unity schools,everybody must get his share,eben the most unqualified,but when it comes to federal appointments or presidency then the word Igbo becomes a taboo... When it comes to presidency,the most cunning and the most manipulative should carry the day..federal policy fizzles out.. U start hearing igbos dont build bridge,they didt vote apc in block etc.. But when its unity schools rules will be made to accomodate at all costs.. Hypocrites like u wont advocate for them to tighten up their educstional belts,bearing in mind dat its from this same pool of students that important future position holders of the country will be picked...positions that affect the nation..Oya write another meaningless epistle again. The thread needs to be kept alive for more ppl to see and judge for themselves
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Throwback: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
Una hypocrisy na gold standard.. When it comes to unity schools,everybody must get his share,eben the most unqualified,but when it comes to federal appointments or presidency then the word Igbo becomes a taboo... When it comes to presidency,the most cunning and the most manipulative should carry the day..federal policy fizzles out.. U start hearing igbos dont build bridge,they didt vote apc in block etc.. But when its unity schools rules will be made to accomodate at all costs.. Hypocrites like u wont advocate for them to tighten up their educstional belts,bearing in mind dat its from this same pool of students that important future position holders of the country will be picked...positions that affect the nation..Oya write another meaningless epistle again. The thread needs to be kept alive for more ppl to see and judge for themselves

If the Igbo man cannot canvass for votes to win a democratic election decided by the multi-ethnic voting general public, how does that concern a Unity School system that is playing by its own rules of diverse representation just as a democratic election plays by its own rules of franchise?

I have already proven to you that federal appointments are guarded by federal character principles to avoid the very problem that we have now where nepotism is practised by all Nigerians including the Igbos.

Whether they tighten up their educational belts or not, their quota in Unity Schools would remain as it is, just as the quota of the SouthEast States would remain as it is if the educational standard there were to falter.

I can assure you that every region in Nigeria has enough highly trained individuals who have received sound education from within Nigeria and beyond the borders. So there is enough pool of people to pick from when important positions are to be manned. What we have already is a glut where people study as high as a Master's degree only to fall back to a tailoring they could have ventured into 8yrs prior.

You claim my arguments are meaningless, yet you comprehend it to always manage a retort? My words are much like an epistle, yet the message elicits a rejoinder?
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Mightyhaiz: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
Throwback:

If the Igbo man cannot canvass for votes to win a democratic election decided by the multi-ethnic voting general public, how does that concern a Unity School system that is playing by its own rules of diverse representation
But when a certain region cannot muster enough study will to pass exams that is critical for admissions in any school whatsoever on the face of the earth,rules can be bent over to make up for him.. That is the double standard we are talking about .. The double standard that you are tirelessly writing meaningless epistles to rationalise albeit in futility

If u can make up for an educationally disadvantaged ppl,why can't u make up for a 'politically disadvantaged people' as well?
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by BotherMleeper(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
AllenSpencer:
South Easterners are not Nigerians and Kanu has made thus fact clear.

Whatever they getting now are privileges and should not be seen as a right.

You win the internets today

1 Like

Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by BotherMleeper(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2019
EmekaMD:
How do i explain this to my child ?

How do i make him believe that he is not a second class citizen in Nigeria He has labored so hard and scored 5x higher than Haruna in the just concluded weac exam yet Haruna got accepted into the unity school and he got rejected simply because he is from Anambra and is expected to score 10x more than Haruna before he could
get accepted into the same unity school..
The only different between my son and Haruna is state of Origin. My son is from Anambra and Haruna is from Kastina. They are both Nigerians. Same age.

He is crying.. he has always wanted to go to a Unity school. He has worked really hard for it.

Should i tell him that he is expected to have a higher IQ than Haruna ?
What then should i tell him when Haruna ends up being named as the chief justice of the federation over him, or the Inspector general of police, or Chief of Army staff ?

Why can't we all be given the same head start and be judged on meritocracy?

He is in pains

The first thing you need to explain to him is why most of his kin are crooks.....
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Throwback: 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
But when an Hausa man cannot muster enough study will to pass exams that is critical for admissions in any school whatsoever on the face of the earth,rules can be bent to make up for him.. That is the double standard we are talking about .. The double standard that you are tirelessly writing meaningless epistles to rationalise albeit in futility

We have seen every tribe excel within this Nigeria and also beyond the borders. It is only the warped imagination of the Igbos who came late to education, to think only them merit everything that is available for the taking.

Do you bend admission rules to accommodate deficient Hausa or Kanuri students in State public or private schools in the SouthEast or any other region of Nigeria outside of the North?

Are rules bent in Federal Unity Schools where the underlying rule is that every state has a quota to ensure representation of Nigeria's diversity?

Are you not the one greedily canvassing to have the rule bent in your favour, having already occupied your own allocation of admission quota?

You are the one tirelessly showcasing your greed,
a greed that is as old as Nigerian independence, and that you and your people wail every year over this matter, underscores its very futility.

That you continue to change goal post and derail from the topic of the discourse, shows how unprepared you are for this argument, and belies the lack of conviction in your greedy demands.
Re: For The Last Time Before It Finally Becomes A Hate Speech by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
Throwback:
Time and time again, I have taken time to explain to deliberately ignorant people that Unity Schools System is a federal policy designed to engender integration of the ethnically diverse children in Nigeria.

Every state has its quota, and no Northerner has cheated any Southerner in this regard.

The high Southern scores is what is required to allow the South fulfill its quota, while the low Northern scores is what is required for the North to attempt to fulfill its quota, but still fails to do due to aversion to education.

This already shows that the unity schools are not designed for the gifted or mental genius, rather it is designed for those who are willing to submit to the integration policy, while also enjoying a federal subsidized education.

For the mere reason that a federal subsidy exist for such a system, its benefit must be allocated fairly among the tribes (states) in Nigeria.

The result is that regardless of mental capacity, the national integration goal of the federal government is achieved. It is not a school system designed for the genius, brilliant or gifted, else it would not have required a state specific qualifying cut-off mark.

Unity schools do not even constitute 1% of secondary schools in Nigeria. Other state public and private secondary schools exist to cater for the greater number of Nigerians who cannot all be part of the Unity School System.

Unity school is not a right, it is a privilege. Anyone who has failed to get in despite a high score has only failed to meet up with the cut-off mark set at their own state level, which is not the fault of another state, seeing that all States already have their guaranteed quota of delegate students.

The problem is not whether Zamfara or Yobe cut-off is lower than Anambra or Lagos. It only reflects the ease/difficulty required to qualify for the quota of each respective state. Hence, the child from Anambra is not in competition with Zamfara or Lagos, but in competition with only his peers from Anambra, and same internal competition applies to all of the states

The problem here is the greed to want to enjoy subsidized education beyond the quota of your own state, and wanting to erode the national integration agenda by claiming your better scores should merit you a quota that already belongs to Zamfara or Katsina.

Unity Schools remain a quota based system that is not a right for all, but a right for all states to be represented. Anyone who has failed in his/her state, should proceed to the regular secondary schools that abound in every state of Nigeria, and pay unsubsidized school fees that is determined by the quality of education provided.

Which means the Govt already agrees that northerners and dumb sub-humans with low IQ? So, why do they get employed and promoted more easily than southerners? This is the reason I always laugh at people that think Nigeria will develop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Kayode Fayemi And His Predecessor, Ayodele Fayose Pictured Together In / (PHOTOS) President Buhari, Atiku, Goodluck Jonathan, In Yusuf Buhari's Wedding / Oseakwa Seaport — The Abandoned Seaport In The South-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.