Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,883 members, 7,956,327 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:08 AM

What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? (11084 Views)

Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Liftme(f): 8:57am On Nov 17, 2019
Psalm 27:14;
Wait on the Lord, be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thy heart: wait, I say, on the Lord

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Ytea(f): 8:59am On Nov 17, 2019
John 16:33. Talks about how there will always be tribulations and afflictions in the world and then the promise and assurance of a conquered battle. It teaches me faith and hope.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by akdjr(m): 9:00am On Nov 17, 2019
Na this particular lie I like.

17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.

7 The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. 4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”

How people believed that there was ever a time when season occurs same time across the entire continent here on Earth. Flood that happen in Noah's village just like lekki flood.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Psady(m): 9:01am On Nov 17, 2019
God hath spoken once;twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.psalm 62:11 hmmm so deep a message .

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by jericco1(m): 9:03am On Nov 17, 2019
Romans 6:23
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Randy100: 9:03am On Nov 17, 2019
Psalm 27
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by flexyrule(m): 9:04am On Nov 17, 2019
Isaiah 4.1 (New International Version)
In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!"

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by ShineGrace(m): 9:05am On Nov 17, 2019
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. Col.3vs2. Pure religion and undefiled before GOD and FATHER is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. Jas.1vs27
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by paradigmshift(m): 9:05am On Nov 17, 2019
MikeBetty:
Though It Might Tarry, But It Must Surely Come To Pass.

Same here

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by TVSA: 9:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Proverbs 5:19
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by realmindz: 9:07am On Nov 17, 2019
Bacteriologist:
cheesy My favourite parts of the Bible is where a book supposedly inspired by the all-knowing all-powerful ever-present being contains all sorts of contradictions and ridiculous errors. sounds like a book that was written by different authors in the dark ages where ignorance was the norm.

interestingly a lot of Christians don't even know that such jaw-dropping amount of discrepancies all colour in their "perfect" and "holy" book.

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

6. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?

Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)

7. Jesus descended from which son of David?

Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)

8. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

9. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

10. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

I could go on to 100 FOR REAL

Book of confusion

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by TheDauraMallam: 9:10am On Nov 17, 2019
Mathew 6:1

Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by OlawaleBammie: 9:12am On Nov 17, 2019
Ecclesiastes 9:10-11 New International Version (NIV)

Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

I have seen something else under the sun:
The race is not to the swift
or the battle to the strong,
nor does food come to the wise
or wealth to the brilliant
or favor to the learned;
but time and chance happen to them all.

THESE VERSES HAS BN SAVING ME FROM THE DECLARE, DECREE, CLAIM AND PROFESS CREW SINCE WEN HAV TAKEN LIFE SOO EASY especially verse 11

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Badabada(m): 9:13am On Nov 17, 2019
"So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy."

KJV. Rom 9:16.

This has kept me going all my life. Pray for grace my gee.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Jokerman(m): 9:13am On Nov 17, 2019
1 John 5:17

"All unrighteousness is sin"
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by odikomo1(m): 9:14am On Nov 17, 2019
[quote author=KayCee92 post=84102366] grin Ecclesiastes 3.1-15[/quote

Same! Time is irrevocable
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Xucxex1997: 9:16am On Nov 17, 2019
nairaland self if na Muslim topic nw u go see re u a Muslim "yes" or "no" but christian topic anybody can just badge in nawaoo
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by AlaskaTNT(m): 9:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Matthew 7:12
The golden rule

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by roughdiamond(m): 9:17am On Nov 17, 2019
Num 14: 28. Give them this answer ; whatever I hear you say to my hearing, be sure I must do it for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Vasgas: 9:18am On Nov 17, 2019
Jesus wept
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Gabson001(m): 9:18am On Nov 17, 2019
Only fools say there's no God
somebody should please remind me the scripture that says this
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by amstamon: 9:18am On Nov 17, 2019
THE SONGS OF SOLOMONS!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by DEHVEHLOP(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2019
Mathew 10:34-40

Song of Solomon 7:8-9

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by youngest85(m): 9:21am On Nov 17, 2019
Songs of Solomon

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 17, 2019
Genesis 1.29
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 9:26am On Nov 17, 2019
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,who live according to the spirit and not the flesh.Romance 8:1.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:27am On Nov 17, 2019
1 Corinthians 15:14 KJV
And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

I'm serving a living God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Zenithpeak(m): 9:28am On Nov 17, 2019
1 Corinthians 15:19 KJV
If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by efeteb: 9:28am On Nov 17, 2019
What you quoted here is just a punishment for the enemies of Israel like you. Read from Psalm 137vs7 If you don't repent this will be your lot
A305:
Psalm 137:9

New International Version
Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New Living Translation
Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

English Standard Version
Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

Berean Study Bible
Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New American Standard Bible
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.

New King James Version
Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!

King James Bible
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock!

The Bible needs to be burnt just as the missing part of it which was burn ages long ago.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Galadimabawa: 9:37am On Nov 17, 2019
Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near when you will say, “I have no delight in them”;

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Going To Heaven? / The Real Meaning Of "Only The Strongest Survives" / You Have No Reason Not To Go To Church As A Real Believer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.