Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,135 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? (10964 Views)

Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Judybash93(m): 9:41am On Nov 17, 2019
my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. "Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children
Isaiah 4:6
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by A305: 9:44am On Nov 17, 2019
efeteb:
What you quoted here is just a punishment for the enemies of Israel like you. Read from Psalm 137vs7 If you don't repent this will be your lot
I want to poop, can you tear me that verse you just quoted from your Bible so I make good use of it.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by FakeManna: 9:45am On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
DEHVEHLOP:
Mathew 10:34-40

Song of Solomon 7:8-9

[/s]
trash trash trash by yeroba Muslims

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 17, 2019
2.There is no longer Jew or Gentile,slave or free,male or female.For you are all one in Christ Jesus.Galatians 3:28

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by echepops(m): 9:47am On Nov 17, 2019
seunlayi:
Psalm 119:11 KJV
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Therefore, I m asking you today, what is your favorite Bible passage or quotes?

Mine is the popular John 3:16 KJV

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Mark 11:24
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Mac2016(m): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2019
Joshua 1 vs 9

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by UcheforGod(f): 9:48am On Nov 17, 2019
My favourite Bible passage is 2 Peter 1:5-11. It strengthens, builds and make me to grow strong in the Christian faith. I love those verses so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Irore: 9:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Bacteriologist:
cheesy My favourite parts of the Bible are where a book supposedly inspired by the all-knowing all-powerful ever-present being contains all sorts of contradictions and ridiculous errors...sounds like a book that was written by different authors in the dark ages where ignorance was the norm.

Interestingly a lot of Christians don't even know that such jaw-dropping amount of discrepancies all occour in their "perfect" and "holy" book.

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

6. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?

Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)

7. Jesus descended from which son of David?

Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)

8. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

9. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

10. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

I could go on to 100 FOR REAL

Believe or tell us your quote?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by ofiko123(m): 9:58am On Nov 17, 2019
Psalms 91 vs 105, thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path..

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by phillippians(m): 9:59am On Nov 17, 2019
For my thoughts are not your thoughts
Neither are your ways my ways -Isaiah 55:8
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Lamanii22(f): 10:03am On Nov 17, 2019
Isaiah 53

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by phillippians(m): 10:11am On Nov 17, 2019
Isaiah 55:8 goes to explain that majority of things human condem as evil and bad can be a minor offence unto God while the ones we humans see as minor can be highly offensive unto God. Hence his claims that "His thoughts are not our thoughts"
Extremely inspiring... For sinners like moi Lol
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by OlawaleBammie: 10:29am On Nov 17, 2019
Valwezzy:
"Go, eat your bread with enjoyment, and drink your wine with a merry heart; for God has already approved what you do" grin grin cheesy (Ecclesiastes 9:7).

Gboy spotted cheesy
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by soilsista(f): 10:31am On Nov 17, 2019
For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a Mighty Saviour. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Zephaniah 3:17(NLT)
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Harbeeorlar(m): 10:32am On Nov 17, 2019
Isaiah 60 vs 22

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by white3663: 10:32am On Nov 17, 2019
Isaiah 45 vs 1-4

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by geequ(m): 10:40am On Nov 17, 2019
Blessed are the pure in hearth, For they shall see God. Mathew 5 vs 8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Agugbadin: 10:43am On Nov 17, 2019
Isaiah 41:10-15
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Attamimi: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2019
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark - Chapter 12:29

obtained using the Holy Bible, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pearmobile.apps.holybible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Valwezzy: 10:49am On Nov 17, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Gboy spotted cheesy

Shhh! No loud am grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Edyice: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2019
seunlayi:
Psalm 119:11 KJV
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Every scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the person dedicated to God may be capable and equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Therefore, I m asking you today, what is your favorite Bible passage or quotes?

Mine is the popular John 3:16 KJV

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 3:16

Very powerful and deep

Explain everything why we are on earth
Save and explain who the real God is...
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by chocboi78(m): 10:53am On Nov 17, 2019
Counsel in the heart of men is like deep waters, but a man of understanding draws it out...

Provervbs 27:9
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 17, 2019
His hands are not shortened that it cannot save, neither are his ears heavy it cannot hear you.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by goodnews777: 11:31am On Nov 17, 2019
The writing About bible being wrong is totally wrong. Not one of them is correct . Why not go to Sunday school or at least ask a Christian friend for bible explanation instead of misquoting scriptures.
I pray that God will have mercy and show you the way of salvation. I can see Arabian spirit controlling so many peoples lives and dragging them with lust into everlasting condemnation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by DEHVEHLOP(m): 11:33am On Nov 17, 2019
FakeManna:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash by yeroba Muslims

cheesygrin

You canceled sotay, you canceled the words of your acclaimed holy book...

This one confusion no be here oo

Abi na election results from Kogi and Bayelsa wen PDP dey lose, Na im make you confuse?

See as your people dey calm for the loses

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by FakeManna: 11:35am On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
DEHVEHLOP:

cheesygrin

You canceled sotay, you canceled the words of your acclaimed holy book...

This one confusion no be here oo

Abi na election results from Kogi and Bayelsa wen PDP dey lose, Na im make you confuse?

See as your people dey calm for the loses
[/s]
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Perfectbeing(m): 11:41am On Nov 17, 2019
John 3:16 is the greatest passage in the bible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by kokomaster3d: 11:42am On Nov 17, 2019
MONEY ANSWERETH EVERYTHING
I have forgotten the passage.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 17, 2019
soilsista:
For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a Mighty Saviour. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, He will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs. Zephaniah 3:17(NLT)
Life is meaningless ( Ecclesiastes)
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2019
Psalms 25:14

"The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant" KJV

"The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its [deep, inner] meaning" Amplified
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by riczy(m): 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
Isaiah 43:19 & 20
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by hefelove(m): 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
A305:
Psalm 137:9

New International Version
Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New Living Translation
Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

English Standard Version
Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

Berean Study Bible
Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New American Standard Bible
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.

New King James Version
Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!

King James Bible
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock!

The Bible needs to be burnt just as the missing part of it which was burn ages long ago.
Lmaoooooooo bro y dont u paste the whole chapter for better understanding instead of just a verse to mislead people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is Going To Heaven? / Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu / Jehovahs Witnesses Alive In 1914 Will Witness The End Of The World» Watchtower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.