Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? (10952 Views)

Who's Your Favourite Bible Character? / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters? / What's Your Favourite Bible Translation And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by soilsista(f): 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
justbusy:
Life is meaningless ( Ecclesiastes)
Lol yes buuuuut
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by faithfull18(f): 12:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
Many favourites, I could go on and on .

Jer 33:3 Call unto me and I will answer thee and show you great and mighty things, you know not.

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes through the father except through me.

Mt. 6:33 Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and every other thing shall be added to you.

The whole book of Proverbs is my favourite book of the Bible cheesy
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Gudlite: 12:17pm On Nov 17, 2019
Phili 4:6
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Gudlite: 12:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
Phillipians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by hefelove(m): 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2019
Proverb 23:29-33 this is for alcohol o

29 Who has woe? Who has sorrow?
Who has strife? Who has complaints?
Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?
30 Those who linger over wine,
who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.
31 Do not gaze at wine when it is red,
when it sparkles in the cup,
when it goes down smoothly!
32 In the end it bites like a snake
and poisons like a viper.
33 Your eyes will see strange sights,
and your mind will imagine confusing things.

I love this verses grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Teegelop(f): 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
I so much love these verses that it gives me comfort each time I'm in distress.
Philippians 1:6
And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you.

Romans 9:15
For He says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and I will have compassion (pity) on whom I will have compassion.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Oyindaberry(f): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
From henceforth let no man trouble me for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. Galatians 5:17

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by egojeny1(f): 12:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
Isaiah 41:10 "Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God, I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand"
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by ninodaniel(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
Luke 1:37, Matthew 19:26 with men these things are impossible but with God all things are possible.... never stop believing brothers.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Sunnybabe(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
1 Peter 4:8
above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over multitude of sins (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:13
and abide this, faith, hope and love, but the greatest of it is love

chaiii... I so loved those verses
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by kasim155: 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2019
Psalm 91
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by ziloux: 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2019
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by yuckmouth: 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Jeremiah 29:11
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by yuckmouth: 1:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Psalm 91

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Starhearts: 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
Jesus wept
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by IghravweIG(m): 1:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
Jeremiah 29:11

For i know the thoughts i think towards you, thoughts of peace and not of evil to bring you to an expected end.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by OtemAtum: 1:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
efeteb:
What you quoted here is just a punishment for the enemies of Israel like you. Read from Psalm 137vs7 If you don't repent this will be your lot
Are those enemies human beings or animals? Why will God Almighty command such stuffs against humans?

Yahweh is truly stupid for commanding such gruesome acts against fellow humans.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by samwise180(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
John 3:16
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Rushna27(f): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
Proverb 15:1.....soft answer turns away wroth but grievous answer stir up anger.....
Ecc 5:5...its better u don't vow Dan to vow and not pay ur vow........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by OtemAtum: 1:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
hefelove:

Lmaoooooooo bro y dont u paste the whole chapter for better understanding instead of just a verse to mislead people
But others are posting single verses and you didn't complain of not understanding o. Anyway, I understand this verse. Jehovah, being thirsty for blood, is commanding infanticides. Jehovah is dull.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
1 Timothy 1 vs 17!
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by hefelove(m): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2019
OtemAtum:
But others are posting single verses and you didn't complain of not understanding o. Anyway, I understand this verse. Jehovah, being thirsty for blood, is commanding infanticides. Jehovah is dull.
K
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by GMbuharii: 1:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
hopefulLandlrd:
Slaves obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling

They know themselves,that's why they willingly spread their brownish white Sokoto as red carpet for them to step on grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep Biko bia o, someone is eyeing my head o...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by OLUWABIG(m): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
akdjr:
Na this particular lie I like.

17 I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish. 18 But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons’ wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21 You are to take every kind of food that is to be eaten and store it away as food for you and for them.”

22 Noah did everything just as God commanded him.

7 The Lord then said to Noah, “Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and one pair of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven pairs of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth. 4 Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made.”

How people believed that there was ever a time when season occurs same time across the entire continent here on Earth. Flood that happen in Noah's village just like lekki flood.

Biko Go and question the scientists and Archeologist about one
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2019
GMbuharii:

They know themselves,that's why they willingly spread their brownish white Sokoto as red carpet for them to step on grin grin grin

lzaa immhotep Biko bia o, someone is eyeing my head o...
What has been eyed, cannot be un-eyed grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by jclassiq(m): 1:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
Haggai 2:4... Be strong...and work. For I am with you... Said the lord.
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Righteousness89(m): 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
A305:
Psalm 137:9

New International Version
Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New Living Translation
Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

English Standard Version
Blessed shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!

Berean Study Bible
Blessed is he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.

New American Standard Bible
How blessed will be the one who seizes and dashes your little ones Against the rock.

New King James Version
Happy the one who takes and dashes Your little ones against the rock!

King James Bible
Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the rock!

The Bible needs to be burnt just as the missing part of it which was burn ages long ago.
[/s]
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by adekjohnny: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2019
Eccl 9:11 KJV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Afobaba33(m): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2019
My advice to you is on 2timo2:15
Bacteriologist:
cheesy My favourite parts of the Bible are where a book supposedly inspired by the all-knowing all-powerful ever-present being contains all sorts of contradictions and ridiculous errors...sounds like a book that was written by different authors in the dark ages where ignorance was the norm.

Interestingly a lot of Christians don't even know that such jaw-dropping amount of discrepancies all occour in their "perfect" and "holy" book.

1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?

God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)

2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?

Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?

Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)

4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?

Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)

5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?

Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)

6. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?

Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)

7. Jesus descended from which son of David?

Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)

8. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

9. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

10. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

I could go on to 100 FOR REAL

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by Khaytunechi: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
1 Timothy 6 vs 6

But godliness with contentment is great gain.

The Yoruba version sounds even better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by adegeye38(m): 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
Seek yee first, the kingdom of heaven and his righteousness and Every other thing shall be added unto you.
Mathew 6 vs 33
Since d time dat i countered the revelation, its been, no brake, no jam
Re: What Is Your Favourite Bible Passage? by adegeye38(m): 2:34pm On Nov 17, 2019
Seek yee first, the kingdom of heaven and his righteousness and Every other thing shall be added unto you.
Mathew 6 vs 33
Since d time dat i countered the revelation, its .been, no brake, no jam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Pastor In Nigeria? / Thread To Activate Spiritual Defence Against Gun And Knife. / Who Is Going To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.