Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,605 members, 7,955,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:04 PM

I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me (3143 Views)

She Sent Me A Picture Of Her Hand But It Looks Like That Of A Man (Photos) / A Lady I Was Toasting Insulted Me Because Of My Height / Catholic Woman Reacts After Pastors Seek Her Hand In Marriage (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by slimjohn2k5: 9:56am On Nov 18, 2019
There is this family I stayed with.
I asked the second daughter for marriage about 2yrs of leaving their house, she turned it down with insult.
Now she is getting married, is it advisable I attend?
I just don't feel right about attending
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by izuch(m): 10:00am On Nov 18, 2019
After two years you've still not gotten over her and moved on? Whether you go her wedding or not she'll still get married on that day with her not even noticing your absence. Oga you dey like who go fit poison person undecided

12 Likes

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by nzeobi(m): 10:08am On Nov 18, 2019
Attend and wish her well, yours will come.

1 Like

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by slimjohn2k5: 10:14am On Nov 18, 2019
izuch:
After two years you've still not gotten over her and moved on? Whether you go her wedding or not she'll still get married on that day with her not even noticing your absence. Oga you dey like who go fit poison person undecided
Just asking for opinion
Left their home to be on my own 2yrs ago, not asking her out two yrs ago.
Please be mindful of the choice of words

3 Likes

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by slimjohn2k5: 10:14am On Nov 18, 2019
nzeobi:
Attend and wish her well, yours will come.
Thanks
You are the type that motivates

1 Like

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by izuch(m): 10:20am On Nov 18, 2019
slimjohn2k5:

Just asking for opinion
Left their home to be on my own 2yrs ago, not asking her out two yrs ago.
Please be mindful of the choice of words

All I'm saying is that under no circumstance should you make a woman or women an issue. When you become too emotional to a woman/women you start becoming irrational, seeking advice everywhere possible. If she turned your marriage proposal down "two years ago" finito, just do "friends". Go to her wedding, wish her well in her marriage sojourn and stop acting like a vindictive wussbag. Most of all triangle your mind to like plenty girls without over sampling one.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by pansophist(m): 10:23am On Nov 18, 2019
She sees you as a struggling poor man, since it was her family that hosted you for long. Your marriage proposal will be valuable and sort after by her if you had options and being a man of value. The fact that you're still orbiting around her after two years, and contemplating attending the wedding of someone who insulted you, instead of politely turning down your proposal gives an hint that you're not desirable to her, and probably most women.

Why not work on becoming an attractive man? Through your career, looks, or marry a woman that considers you her league. Whether we like it or not, the human brain brain is deeply rooted in hierarchy, we evolved to go for people that compliments our league, and this is heightened in the female psyche, since the surest way she can climb in the socio-economical ladder is largely dependent on the family she marries into. A woman is automatically a queen if she marries a king, that kind of thing.

20 Likes

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by slimjohn2k5: 10:29am On Nov 18, 2019
pansophist:
She sees you as a struggling poor man, since it was her family that hosted you for long. Your marriage proposal will be valuable and sort after by her if you had options and being a man of value. The fact that you're still orbiting around her after two years, and contemplating attending the wedding of someone who insulted you, instead of politely turning down your proposal gives an hint that you're not desirable to her, and probably most women.

Why not work on becoming an attractive man? Through your career, looks, or marry a woman that considers you her league. Whether we like it or not, the human brain brain is deeply rooted in hierarchy, we evolved to go for people that compliments our league, and this is heightened in the female psyche, since the surest way she can climb in the socio-economical ladder is largely dependent on the family she marries into. A woman is automatically a queen if she marries a king, that kind of thing.
I'm thrilled. Wise words
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by midnighter(f): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2019
Out of appreciation for the fact that they hosted you, yes. But you dont need to be too friendly to her at the wedding

She could have said no without insulting you, thats if she actually insulted you and youre not the one reading meaning into nothing

1 Like

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Lamanii22(f): 11:24am On Nov 18, 2019
slimjohn2k5:
I asked the second daughter for marriage about 2yrs of leaving their house, she turned it down with insult.

Lol... Your story reminds me of an uncle my mom and dad accepted into our house... He asked my sister's hand in marriage, but my sister was really mad at him, cause we already took him like a family... He spent many years with us... Although he is the one getting married next year... We all are sure gonna attend, including my sister... So attend, there's nothing there... Some things aren't meant to be...

1 Like

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2019
Can you attend the fvcking wedding in your best clothes, smile and be cheerful like say tomorrow no dey (although don't be too friendly with her), greet the family and bride and wish them well, eat like that's what you came to do in life, drink about 15 cans of malt, accept all gifts given to you and so on an so forth?

Will you be doing these to get her attention so she can be pained seeing you are not pained? NO

rather do it because life is simple and short and we do not have to complicate things with ourselves. Rejection and insults do not deter the decree of God from coming to pass. your own girl is coming at the right but make sure you also play things right.

So that's my advise for you.

3 Likes

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by CsRockefeller(m): 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
Lamanii22:

Lol... Your story reminds me of an uncle my mom and dad accepted into our house... He asked my sister's hand in marriage, but my sister was really mad at him, cause we already took him like a family... He spent many years with us... Although he is the one getting married next year... We all are sure gonna attend, including my sister... So attend, there's nothing there... Some things aren't meant to be...

Lol. Leeme not talk.
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Gettreadyy(m): 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2019
I don't think she wants you in her wedding and to be absolutely honest with you, you shouldn't even be thinking of going to her wedding but I can see shame no dey catch you.

1 Like

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by MrCork: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2019
slimjohn2k5:

is she lightskin? angry
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by BornToSucced(m): 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
You need to grow up bro!
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Thecvbankng: 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2019
There was no point where you mentioned y'all dated or something. Because you can't walk up to someone and outrightly ask them to marry you. You didn't know if she was in a relationship with someone else then, if she despised you sef. The insult came from somewhere.

Nevertheless, let bygones be bygones. She has moved on, you too should. You can choose to attend the wedding or not, provided she invited you to. Because if she didn't invite you, e go dey somehow to show up. Forget sey you dey their house for 2 years

2 Likes

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by midnighter(f): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
Thecvbankng:
There was no point where you mentioned y'all dated or something. Because you can't walk up to someone and outrightly ask them to marry you.

Why can't you outright ask someone to marry you There's nothing wrong with that at all, if she had been interested it would have led to a courtship period.

They already knew each other so it wasn't random

She would have just politely turned him down, insult is totally unnecessary

1 Like

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Thecvbankng: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
midnighter:

Why can't you outright ask someone to marry you There's nothing wrong with that at all, it would just lead to a courtship period.

They already knew each other so it wasn't random

She would have just politely turned him down, insult is totally unnecessary

Want to know why it's wrong to ask someone to marry you without prior dating? It's the 21st century and things aren't done that way. Because they know each other doesn't give him the liberty to behave the way he did. Some will find it disrespectful. See the response he got

1 Like

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by weddman: 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2019
slimjohn2k5:

Guy you mumu oo....So for ur mind na marriage u want to take woo her

2 Likes

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by MDBrand: 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2019
slimjohn2k5:
Where dem dey do the wedding?
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Lamanii22(f): 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2019
CsRockefeller:

Lol. Leeme not talk.

Lol talk oo
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Martinez39(m): 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2019
The choice is yours. A lot of ladies are too petty. She could have just refused firmly and politely. Some are disrespectful, some are snubbish. grin

1 Like

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by independent001(f): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
Whether or not that happened.. That's the past.. Forgive and let go, if you can attend.. Go for it.. If you can't.. Stay back.. Life is simple. If you must, go with your new girlfriend or fiance...

That aside.. I came across this people fixing android phones for 1k and iPhone for 5k.. I think you all should check them out..

Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by midnighter(f): 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2019
Thecvbankng:

Want to know why it's wrong to ask someone to marry you without prior dating? It's the 21st century and things aren't done that way. Because they know each other doesn't give him the liberty to behave the way he did. Some will find it disrespectful. See the response he got

Well you must be commenting from the 21st century in California because plenty of people get married that way in this country

As long as he approaches her in a respectful manner I don't see what is offensive about the proposal...if nobody had come to marry her she would still complain

What prior dating? Not everybody dates before marriage. You didn't see where I mentioned a courtship period?
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by CandleEyes(m): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2019
She gat your jinx and gists. Hence she don't need you cuz she seen you all.
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Avast(m): 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2019
izuch:

All I'm saying is that under no circumstance should you make a woman or women an issue. When you become too emotional to a woman/women you start becoming irrational, seeking advice everywhere possible. If she turned your marriage proposal down "two years ago" finito, just do "friends". Go to her wedding, wish her well in her marriage sojourn and stop acting like a vindictive wussbag. Most of all triangle your mind to like plenty girls without over sampling one.

Thank you so much
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by Unrated900(m): 11:39am On Nov 19, 2019
She refused your hand in marriage because you aren’t up to the task yet.
Re: I Asked Her Hand In Marriage She Insulted Me by partnerbizn5(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2019
pansophist:

Check difference between SORT AFTER AND SOUGHT AFTER boss.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Which Of This Cute Pies Ladies Would You Choose / No Bl*w J*b,no Marriage / How Can I Ask For Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.