Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,703 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (64377 Views)

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Sirmuel1(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
s only you wan dey chop your wife? You no serious, I go follow you chop am if I know where una dey live

grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by genq(m): 7:53am On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Almost like you are already having a heart attack.

And that is exactly what your death with look like... A lot of struggle in your final moments, but it just wouldn't help.

Lool.
There she goes! cheesy
Stop crying and grow the fvck up poco!

P.s. The death you wish upon IgbosNIGHTMARE shall your portion.

7 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by pocohantas(f): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2019
Congrats321:
Women like you should be feared.

Fear has kept people on their toes- way more than love and respect. grin

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by MusaDanladi1: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2019
Rich4god:
Information confidentiality...

But one thing I have come to realize is that a good number of ladies don't marry who they actually love, reason been that the person they love is probably not ready or financially buoyant for marriage. So they end up with another man who is ready.
This is just the real reality of life nowadays. The fear of most people including me..
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by genq(m): 7:56am On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Oh pls! So many Nigerian men die of hypertension and heart attack every other day. He would just be another one of them. Nothing would be special or violent about his.

Likewise so many women die of diabetes, cancer or domestic violence and you shall be one of them kiss

8 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by bonnyhope: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2019
SendAbroad:

Sister you are funny. Even your Pastor...Pastor Wilson that was eating and licking kpekus the other day was forming holy and clean until he was caught on Camera. Or will you tell me he wasn't Godfearing before he was caught on camera

He is God fearing on the outside but not inside.

Your inside has to be good because that is what matters most

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by MedicH: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Oh pls! So many Nigerian men die of hypertension and heart attack every other day. He would just be another one of them. Nothing would be special or violent about his.

Im one in that category. Anything fight, count me off. If u wait for him to sleep and use hammer to break his skull. Lol na case.
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by sweetkev(m): 8:04am On Nov 19, 2019
Fisher007:

The three things will definitely happen too. You can't escape them.

She/ he will cheat behind you and with an unimaginable being. If na better person now you fit understand but ( may be ex, housemaid security, brother, sister, etc.) It will be for stupid and flimsy excuse. Especially women, they cheat for so much stupid reason that can never be explained to a logical person. Even baby go dey shock her reason for cheating. So get ready.

He/ she will yell at you everywhere due to stress, hormonial imbalance, economy, country situation, rage, etc. Get ready and stop believing you can avoid it.

He/ she will certainly come between you and your siblings. That is why you are married. You both come together as one. To make matter worse make you go broke, or loose your job. And you are trying to get back on your feet. Na total disrespect go come after you.

You will do nothing and accept your fate. Cause at that time. A beggar will have no choice at that time.

Sorry to burst your bubbles.
cry
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by maynation(f): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2019
Acidosis:

Hehehe true. It just sounds weird coming from a lady. cheesy

True. smiley So what are you going to do when your guy proposes marriage?

How do you propose to someone who never ceases to make her unreadiness and lack of commitment known?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Akexstinger(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2019
My fear is while having a roller coaster ride in marriage with a good job or business, then all of a sudden, something bad happens like job loss or bad business and then I am not able to take care family and my wife, and quarrel sets in

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by naturefellow(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2019
mysticgal:
1. What if we fall out of love with each other?
2. What if he dies before me?
3. What will happen if I feel i can’t take his bullshit anymore?
4. What if he doesn’t support me or I feel alone in the partnership.
5. What if an accident happens right in the relationship, would I stay or would I leave?
6. Is love enough or what if he is too much of a spender or an NFA aka no future ambition?
7. Can I bear his family members or mine during marriage?
8. How do we resolve conflicts, what if he tries to abuse me?
9. What if I have mediocre sexual experiences all through out.
10. How would he cope if I die, get disabled, leave, never want children or even like pets?

It bugs me a lot embarassed embarassed embarassed
love the way you clearly itemise your concerns. May God help you!
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by MusaDanladi1: 8:10am On Nov 19, 2019
FuckThaMod:

I'm always strapped.. Don't joke with my condoms. It's God that created me this way so why should i care how he feels. Hopefully i will find a true love soon that loves sex as much as i do. That has been my prayer.
Just finished one round few seconds ago tho..

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by naturefellow(m): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2019
AryaSand:
Having babies.
The whole process is Scary and Traumatising. I've seen photos and videos and I don't think I want to go through it. I feel like if I do go through with it, I'm probably going to hate that child cry cry cry
It is like the major reason I sabotage all my relationships, whenever we start getting serious like this, i stop talking to them. I abandon them in the relationship and move on with my life.
wow.
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by CORRECTMAN788: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2019
Marrying the wrong person after this long time of waiting and searching
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Thanks sis. Why are these brothers triggered though? cheesy
They are triggered because they hate to take in what they dish out cheesy selfish lots. Some dey shout say marriage na scam but if na lady talk am now she is an evening frustrated newspaper or bitter feminist grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by mkoabiola: 8:25am On Nov 19, 2019
Divorce
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Acidosis(m): 8:25am On Nov 19, 2019
maynation:

How do you propose to someone who never ceases to make her unreadiness and lack of commitment known?

Ah. It's that serious?? shocked It is well
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by makydebbie(f): 8:25am On Nov 19, 2019
genq:

Lool.
There she goes! cheesy
Stop crying and grow the fvck up poco!

P.s. The death you wish upon IgbosNIGTMARE shall your portion.

Mind your business omo ale.

Na you go die fess like chicken because you no dey mind your business, be taking panadol on top trolls headache. Kwasia.
Ony3.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Afodot0022(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2019
AK481:
Marrying an unemployed lady and at the same time has no degree and skill.
Omo this one na time bomb o..I did that and am still regreting till date. This is the worst mistake any man can make...You will regret it whether you love your partner or not..

/

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by mysticgal(f): 8:33am On Nov 19, 2019
partnerbizn5:
lol

you are not alone shaa.

But fear will not let people say it outside.
Who then help abeg grin
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by mysticgal(f): 8:34am On Nov 19, 2019
naturefellow:
love the way you clearly itemise your concerns. May God help you!

Thank you. And amen to your prayer grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Tony142: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2019
maynation:

I have seen a lot of love birds deeply heads over heels in love with each other before the marriage only to get married and turn to war machines.

It still beats me how marriage tends to birth an entirely sour experience, it is more like every love and care ends few months after the marriage.

I wish I was born in the previous centuries, when marriage still had its values but you see this 2019 men? Especially Nigerian men?? They should go and rest.
And Baba you see me so ehn? I am complicated enough for my generations to come and I will never let marriage serve as another source of complications.

Make marriage dey its dey.

lie lie girl, why u too dey lie like this? Weather u like it or not las las u will still get married cheesy no forget to invite me come the wedding oo, i won come chop party rice #wink

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by kamalese: 8:40am On Nov 19, 2019
makydebbie:

LOL, the book is titled Dickmatics. I don't know if it's in Nigeria but I got it here, at a bookstore.

I prefer you read it lol. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 8:42am On Nov 19, 2019
Fisher007:
Hmm where do I start from?

Marriage is a scam.

Legacy is the only thing a man needs. As far as you have a child or children (surrogacy, adoption or baby mama). All na pickin, the rest is history.

Most people marry for flimsy, weird, crazy, survival, unfathomable and dumbfounded reason. I will speak for the men. Ladies you can speak your own too below in the comments section tongue

You will marry a woman who's love for you is provisional, transactional and conditional. ( For better for worse statement na scam). If you doubt me try your luck. 95 percent of people in marriages are sad and cheat on each other.
The last 5percent are in a open relationship known to both party. Them just they push through for survival purpose

For men:

Na white knighting and captain save a slut wey dey do most of us. In order words beauty and toto dey too dey deceive us.

You will marry a woman you think you know. But you have no idea actually. She will form submissive, homely, loving until you done put am for house. Gbam the equation will change. Most ladies marry you based on their time don dey reach or based on they need you to provide.

You will now start understanding the famous quotes "my wife has changed. She is not the lady I married".

You see whoever you marry will always change. Change is constant. So don't complain. She will get fat, she will have hormonial imbalance, she will nag you. You will loose your peace, calm and quiet life. Just even forget sex - that one go turn weapon and manipulation tool for her. She will get old before you. Mind game go kill Una for house. It will be a power struggle since most women don't want to play their traditional role in the house. You will just be slaving and suffering for an ungrateful being brought out from your ribs.

To go home after work will be a problem, beer parlour and hangout will be your new base. She go police your life die. Na pure cage you go put yourself. But what do I know. Instead of you to stay single and enjoy your life as man. Nobody is rushing you. You will let stupid societal norms and Disney/ Naija/ Indian/ American movie fool you. Love doesn't exist man. It is only compatibility that exist.

You will hear excuse such as you will die alone. Lol. Did you come to earth with somebody before? Psssh

Qoute me at your peril. I done talk my own. Transformer and river is not far from you. Find the nearest one. grin

Hmmmm...true.

Good to realize how much peace I give hubby. Because he spends most of his free time at home and likes me to tag along when he goes out sometimes.

Thanks for this

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by kamalese: 8:43am On Nov 19, 2019
cassyrooy:
Care to share? if you understand what I mean?
Mention

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by UnknownQueen(f): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2019
taylor89:
Another man fvcking my wife

To my future wife out there please and please if u know you'll tag me an animal for laying hands on you don't do these Four below

1. Don't cheat (even if I cheat don't cheat back it's a set up because i go beat u before sending u packing

2. No matter what happens between us don't yell at me outside (u can do to me whatever you wish indoor even beat me I no go talk since na me dey at fault but don't do it outside

3. This one is the most important one, DONT COME BETWEEN ME AND MY PARENTS/SIBLINGS, they all went through hell for me probably when you were busy fvcking another guy(your then boyfriend) so when it's time to reap what they sowed u Better don't try to stop it because I'll stop you first

4. READ THE NO. 3 AGAIN I CAN EVEN KILL FOR NUMBER 3

If she can keep to this three then I'm ready

Potential wife beater and killer... If I were her, I will kill u and damn the consequences....

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by makydebbie(f): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2019
kamalese:
This your book even Google doesn't seem to know it. Is there an additional word you omitted? Or the book is just so rare.

My friend got it for me oo on my birthday, I've the hardcopy.
I don't know if it's rare or something I'll ask her.
I'm not in Nigeria Btw I don't know if it's over there.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by faithsystem(f): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2019
let love lead

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by donjobill: 8:44am On Nov 19, 2019
cococandy:

Emotional detachment from your own husband ke?

How’s that possible?

After spending so many years with someone, they become a part of you and if you lose them, it like losing a part of you. There’s no emotional detachment from that.

@ bolded

a successful businessman would equally say after spending so many years building & developing his business to become a success, it becomes part of him, if he loses it, is like losing part of him.

# undue attachment is a vice that one can learn to outgrow through emotional growth towards emotional maturity.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by Hamachi(f): 8:47am On Nov 19, 2019
wat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ancecoker:
Cooking during wife’s pregnancy embarassed tongue
Re: What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? by musachara: 8:47am On Nov 19, 2019
Fisher007:
Hmm where do I start from?

Marriage is a scam.

Legacy is the only thing a man needs. As far as you have a child or children (surrogacy, adoption or baby mama). All na pickin, the rest is history.

Most people marry for flimsy, weird, crazy, survival, unfathomable and dumbfounded reason. I will speak for the men. Ladies you can speak your own too below in the comments section tongue

You will marry a woman who's love for you is provisional, transactional and conditional. ( For better for worse statement na scam). If you doubt me try your luck. 95 percent of people in marriages are sad and cheat on each other.
The last 5percent are in a open relationship known to both party. Them just they push through for survival purpose

For men:

Na white knighting and captain save a slut wey dey do most of us. In order words beauty and toto dey too dey deceive us.

You will marry a woman you think you know. But you have no idea actually. She will form submissive, homely, loving until you done put am for house. Gbam the equation will change. Most ladies marry you based on their time don dey reach or based on they need you to provide.

You will now start understanding the famous quotes "my wife has changed. She is not the lady I married".

You see whoever you marry will always change. Change is constant. So don't complain. She will get fat, she will have hormonial imbalance, she will nag you. You will loose your peace, calm and quiet life. Just even forget sex - that one go turn weapon and manipulation tool for her. She will get old before you. Mind game go kill Una for house. It will be a power struggle since most women don't want to play their traditional role in the house. You will just be slaving and suffering for an ungrateful being brought out from your ribs.

To go home after work will be a problem, beer parlour and hangout will be your new base. She go police your life die. Na pure cage you go put yourself. But what do I know. Instead of you to stay single and enjoy your life as man. Nobody is rushing you. You will let stupid societal norms and Disney/ Naija/ Indian/ American movie fool you. Love doesn't exist man. It is only compatibility that exist.

You will hear excuse such as you will die alone. Lol. Did you come to earth with somebody before? Psssh

Qoute me at your peril. I done talk my own. Transformer and river is not far from you. Find the nearest one. grin

That's bitterness bro. What happened to you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Explain What Is Going On Here? (pics/video) / I Think My Wife Is A Witch / This Is A Fallout From The Happenings In Chrisland School VGC Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.