Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,007 members, 7,810,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. (38882 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ibrutex(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2023
To the married men and women in the house , let's give them some, not on papers experience which you will never be told before marriage...

Some of these I learnt through a friend....

A) If you (husband) have 5k and the woman has 3k , sum it together in marriage arithmetic , total cash available in that house is 5k, thanks.

B) As a man be prepared to enter kitchen, expecially those early morning cooking, or else be ready to visit mama put..

Keep it rolling......

226 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Absuchat(m): 10:17pm On Jul 21, 2023
grin
U will realize that you've been scammed, cos believe it or not, your partner won't show you all her/his bad habits during courtship.... Wait until after wedding

446 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Enskynelson(m): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2023
Some singles think they will just be knacking like say na food. Give yourself some time, na you go tire. Even sometimes, family wahala no go allow u get 'election' 😆

No matter how many years the dating lasted, you will still be learning new things about your partner every now and then.😆

480 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by talented321: 10:55pm On Jul 21, 2023
As man u fit go raise another person pikin' if u no go for DNA.
My 2cent
The ones way they always think of knacking' sometimes ur gbola no go even stand to thrust.

293 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by buchi4action(m): 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2023
Marriage is never a bed of roses

157 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by ibechris(m): 6:53am On Jul 22, 2023
Marriage is not a resting place but fundamentally it is full of hard work.

135 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by fyzaila: 6:56am On Jul 22, 2023
That marriage is created to be enjoyed not endured. It's supposed to be a continuous love journey not constant battle and misery.

140 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by jeff1993: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
Jjj

2 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Dimaya: 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
One:

That female fertility is affected by age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a3jkN-6dOw

Two

That men are judged largely by their utility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6oC3rgEhMI

9 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Enddy50ty(m): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
There are no laid down rules for a successful marriage.
Just marry your best friend, someone you can go the extra mile for, someone you can confide in, someone whom you can tolerate his or her bullsh*t.

152 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by IyanuDeb(f): 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
A man who is not prepared to cook should wait for death

18 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by candyguyofficia(m): 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Word on the street is that intimacy will tiya you and when responsibilities start hitting you left, right, front and back the only time you will remember you have D is when you want to pee and that this is when friendship with your spouse will survive the marriage and this is also when you realise that beauty is not everything.

Another word on the street is that 90% of marital problem are problems finance/money can solve and the problem(s) money can't solve more money will solve it. In marital calculation the remaining 10% preponderate the 90% but the 90% are the frequent cause of marital problems.

Another word on the street is that the first 5 to 6 years expecially first 2 years are the years in marriage that have the greatest trial/confrontation/issue it is then that you will likely realise that what you ordered was nor what was delivered to you. You start to see the other spouse true character and behaviour (I don't want to sound gender specific) but you will wonder if you both actually did courtship for 10 years and why you didn't see their true character.

241 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Way4orward: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Sonnobax15(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
lipsrsealed
Looking back at how my dad and mom of blessed memory fared in marriage,one major lesson I learned was that:"He who finds a good wife has got a direct blessing from heaven"

233 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
Mainly mumu men dey marry sha 😂

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by STEWpid(f): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
Chai..

Is there any generally applicable formulae in marriage?

NO!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by PHZADDY1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sometimes I dey forget say I must marry ;Dbut then I'm a tolerant person,I fit still forgive everything for marriage but infidelity...you are gone 4 life

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Brave9ja: 1:42pm On Jul 22, 2023
Are we to marry or not?

5 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Manuelson665(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Omo , I'm not married o but wetin my eye don see for married people matter in this my twenties eehnn., I don't think I'll enter into that contract

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by gabmanuel(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
1... A woman's money is her money, but a man's money is the money for the house/family

2... A woman will almost always chose her siblings and her children over you.

3... A woman will always be comfortable with her family members staying around, but will never be all happy if it's the other way round.

4... Never tell your wife about all the money you have, because her demand will increase.

5... As a man, be ready to spend and double your hustle because you must provide ooo, whether nah Tinubu or Obi wey be president.

6... Be ready to always tolerate and forgive, never allow any issue with your spouse to cross 24hrs, irrespective of who was wrong, peace is paramount.

7... You will be considered lucky if the both of you are ready to learn, relearn and take corrections , because in marriage, you will keep seeing new things from both parties.

I think if people should just be behaving the way they were during Dating/courtship, there won't be much issues.

NB: There can be 1% exception.

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by efembaba(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
nobody should come and feed us with anecdotes. Provide scientific evidence and data to back up your claims, otherwise what u say is just how u see it

12 Likes

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Savechild23: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Tolerance

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by deltateam: 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Marriage is definition of task force.

Men pay and pay and keep paying. Often times they are short changed by women.

She can tell you this costs #50 000 while it's #35000.

When you run out of funds na that time you'll see finish.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Emmaomotob(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Marriage is propaganda. They only show us smiling pictures. They never show us the deteriorating looks of their wives, and the increasing yearly bills she and her kids (whose paternity is always in doubt) continue to incur. There is nothing more unfortunate than to be a married man. You end up paying more for a product (woman) that keeps deteriorating every year. Woman is the biggest tax men pay.

81 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2023
Don't scare us, what is happening in your home might be differ.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by 222Martins(m): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
1. You can marry the most beautiful, understanding woman on earth....But on some bad days, both of you are going to wonder how and why you ended up with each other.

2. Women have a different perspective of love. They see tolerance of their BS, PDA, and allowing them make important choices for the home as love. To us Men, love is simply protecting and providing for your family.

3. In marriage, you the man will work your ass off to make sure your family never lacks the basic necessities of life and some luxury if you can afford it; and your wife, who is the number one beneficiary of your provision will wake up one day and complain that you are always working too hard and never having time for her.

Never ever fall for this emotional blackmail by taking your hands off the plough. The respect, love and showers of praise you will receive in marriage depends on your ability to do your Number Job as a Husband; which is protect and provide for your family.

4. Expect see finish....You can be a powerful politician or a successful businessman outside your home. At home, you are just an ordinary man that walks around with his bare bumbum grin grin

214 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by sylve11: 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
When a man is young , he tries to please his parents,

When he gets married, he tries to please his spouse

When he becomes a father, he tries to please his children,

When he grows old, he tries to please God.

One day, he comes to discover that his life had never been his own. sad cool

185 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Things They Will Not Tell You About Marriage.. by Bridget95(f): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
You will realise that marriage is more of a task to provide for your family than knacking

63 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Halimat Abdulrasheed: Missing Kaduna Teenage Girl (Photos) / Adebiyi Muiz Celebrates Susan Smith, His Elderly Oyinbo Wife / Immigration Officer’s Wife Battered For Shunning Love Advances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.