Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Dear Nigerian Men - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Nigerian Men (632 Views)

Dear Nigerian Ladies, If Your Boyfriend Does These, Dump Him - Busty Slay Queen / Dear Nigerian/black Beautiful Women / Dear Nigerian Women You Are Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nigerian Men by Hamachi(f): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2019
Dear Nigerian men living in Nigeria, rejoice, today I am on your side.

those guys that stay abroad are over hyped and that’s why my brother's friend is stuck in Libya.

see, do not allow pictures to deceive you, most people abroad are as broke as you are, if not worse, you are even better. the worst thing ever is to be broke away from home.

yesterday i stumbled on my brother's friend as "people you may know" suggested by facebook. i clicked on his profile and saw great pictures he posted with what seemed like expensive wears.

nice shoes.

cool wrist watches and really nice clothes in some pictures, he was counting some Libyan currency.brother's friend even opened his ears already. nice one. i called my brother to ask him when his friend left nigeria.

"3 months ago", he said. "but he was already doing well in his barbing salon, what happened?" "he sold all his equipment and traveled out. he said he needed to make it big". "well, he's looking good. i think he's doing well now than in Nigeria". it was at this moment that my brother told me the truth about his friend. he said i should not be deceived by those pictures.

According to him, his friend intended to travel to Spain through Libya but was disappointed along the way. so, he got stuck in libya and since he could not make it to Spain as he had boasted to his friends, the shame of returning home empty handed wouldn't let him travel back.

so, he stayed back in libya and started some menial jobs. currently he's working in a supermarket. he sleeps in the shop and the owner would deduct his rent from his salary. now the question is, who are you really trying to impress?

most people on this space don't even care about you genuinely. not everyone that uses the laugh reaction actually loves you. not everyone that laughs on your posts actually laughs with you. the day you'll find out about this, i hope it won't shock you. some people abroad can't even afford flight ticket back home and this is the main reason they are still held back. i know a friend who's family sold a plot of land, bought a ticket for him to come back to Nigeria and start a new life. he lived in abroad for 5 years.

some live for today and hope for tomorrow.

they believe opportunity will present itself very soon but their appearance might make you think they have heaven and earth. sometimes when i tell people i'm broke, they'll be like, you wey dey abroad? so traveling out of the country is now a poverty alleviation plan? did you even ask if his primary motive for traveling was to make money?

most nigerians believe that if you take picture abroad, then you have made it in life.

the first picture you'll post in an international scene will have hundreds of congratulations.

bros calm down, life is harder than that.

that said, there's nothing wrong in taking good pictures though.

there’s nothing wrong with admiring people abroad but making it seem they are way better than home based ones is really not a culture to propagate.

some ladies should really be careful before you date someone that will come home and become a liability to you.

as broke as i am right now, i utilize every opportunity to look good and take cool pictures.

but don't go and do mistake and think i have money oo

that said, there are rich guys over here but they barely have time to join groups

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dear Nigerian Men by donbachi(m): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2019
whether we like it or not,80% nigerians abroad are living more better life than the average nigerians home.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men by very4tune8: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
Hamachi:
Dear Nigerian men living in Nigeria, rejoice, today I am on your side.

those guys that stay abroad are over hyped and that’s why my brother's friend is stuck in Libya.

see, do not allow pictures to deceive you, most people abroad are as broke as you are, if not worse, you are even better. the worst thing ever is to be broke away from home.

yesterday i stumbled on my brother's friend as "people you may know" suggested by facebook. i clicked on his profile and saw great pictures he posted with what seemed like expensive wears.

nice shoes.

cool wrist watches and really nice clothes in some pictures, he was counting some Libyan currency.brother's friend even opened his ears already. nice one. i called my brother to ask him when his friend left nigeria.

"3 months ago", he said. "but he was already doing well in his barbing salon, what happened?" "he sold all his equipment and traveled out. he said he needed to make it big". "well, he's looking good. i think he's doing well now than in Nigeria". it was at this moment that my brother told me the truth about his friend. he said i should not be deceived by those pictures.

According to him, his friend intended to travel to Spain through Libya but was disappointed along the way. so, he got stuck in libya and since he could not make it to Spain as he had boasted to his friends, the shame of returning home empty handed wouldn't let him travel back.

so, he stayed back in libya and started some menial jobs. currently he's working in a supermarket. he sleeps in the shop and the owner would deduct his rent from his salary. now the question is, who are you really trying to impress?

most people on this space don't even care about you genuinely. not everyone that uses the laugh reaction actually loves you. not everyone that laughs on your posts actually laughs with you. the day you'll find out about this, i hope it won't shock you. some people abroad can't even afford flight ticket back home and this is the main reason they are still held back. i know a friend who's family sold a plot of land, bought a ticket for him to come back to Nigeria and start a new life. he lived in abroad for 5 years.

some live for today and hope for tomorrow.

they believe opportunity will present itself very soon but their appearance might make you think they have heaven and earth. sometimes when i tell people i'm broke, they'll be like, you wey dey abroad? so traveling out of the country is now a poverty alleviation plan? did you even ask if his primary motive for traveling was to make money?

most nigerians believe that if you take picture abroad, then you have made it in life.

the first picture you'll post in an international scene will have hundreds of congratulations.

bros calm down, life is harder than that.

that said, there's nothing wrong in taking good pictures though.

there’s nothing wrong with admiring people abroad but making it seem they are way better than home based ones is really not a culture to propagate.

some ladies should really be careful before you date someone that will come home and become a liability to you.

as broke as i am right now, i utilize every opportunity to look good and take cool pictures.

but don't go and do mistake and think i have money oo

that said, there are rich guys over here but they barely have time to join groups

Nice one. Let him that have ears listen.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men by Hamachi(f): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2019
wink
very4tune8:

Nice one. Let him that have ears listen.
Re: Dear Nigerian Men by Edyice: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2019
oyinda1599 you said it NOW

You said let's end it here

But you should know i wanted more that's why am chatting you up .
Re: Dear Nigerian Men by MasterShifu010(m): 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
You are totally right...a friend of mine went for a holiday visit to dubai....there is building their called african building in one of heir streets..that is where most Nigerians live,because they can't afford rent...so they just go there to sleep at night, and in the morning...fiam, they are out hustling, .....ask me what they do for a living......u know Arab men don't eat gizzard so some of them go to their abattoir and pick it wash them and prepare them like suya,and carry them around in showcase hawking up and down,since Arab men don't eat it,it is the same Nigerians and other Africans in diaspora that buy it...so sad.........

1 Like

Re: Dear Nigerian Men by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 6:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
wow this is funny
MasterShifu010:
You are totally right...a friend of mine went for a holiday visit to dubai....there is building their called african building in one of heir streets..that is where most Nigerians live,because they can't afford rent...so they just go there to sleep at night, and in the morning...fiam, they are out hustling, .....ask me what they do for a living......u know Arab men don't eat gizzard so some of them go to their abattoir and pick it wash them and prepare them like suya,and carry them around in showcase hawking up and down,since Arab men don't eat it,it is the same Nigerians and other Africans in diaspora that buy it...so sad.........
Re: Dear Nigerian Men by ednut1(m): 6:22pm On Nov 21, 2019
Dem dey talk abroad you dey talk libya Italy cyprus dem no be abroad again. Dubai favours just few people the salary is low but they sometimes get free house to sleep. Such is life.

Pre uk pics- 18 likes 2 comments

UK pics- 190 likes 38 comments

Who is at fault
Re: Dear Nigerian Men by Gerrard59(m): 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
donbachi:
whether we like it or not,80% nigerians abroad are living more better life than the average nigerians home.

With all due respect, please stop writing nonsense! You didn't state methodologies used in arriving at 80% yet postulate arrogantly that they live better lives than the average Nigerian. You need to specify which set of Nigerians constitute this 80%, countries they reside in, their visa statuses, education level, how long they have resided etc. When done, you compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.

For instance, the average Nigerian postgraduate student pursuing a PhD in the US is better than a counterpart in Nigeria. This is apples to apples even before checking for their family history. But comparing a Nigerian anywhere belly face migrant in Libya to a counterpart in Nigeria is apples to oranges.

Same goes to OP. What if I tell you that persons I know abroad live better lives than their mates in Nigeria and hold legal residency statues. Does it negate your claim? No, because we're different. So please state it clearly. Lastly, individuals should know the countries they relocate to before they start yapping that abroad isn't good. Please be specific and take responsibility for your actions. If you must relocate, use your head and don't play tumbo-tumbo.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Nigerian Men by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
ednut1:
Dem dey talk abroad you dey talk libya Italy cyprus dem no be abroad again. Dubai favours just few people the salary is low but they sometimes get free house to sleep. Such is life.

Who is at fault
grin grin grin grin grin buhari is at fault

Re: Dear Nigerian Men by Hamachi(f): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2019
grin grin grin
ednut1:

Who is at fault
Re: Dear Nigerian Men by Hamachi(f): 9:40am On Mar 27, 2022
wink
donbachi:

(1) (Reply)

Urgency! Please How Do I Locate Her? / I Just Saw This ADVERT / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.