Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,665 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

Village Brides Vs. City Brides - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Village Brides Vs. City Brides (11498 Views)

Poll: I'll Choose:-

A Village Bride: 25% (30 votes)
A City Bride: 74% (87 votes)
This poll has ended

To Our Ladies And Pregnant Brides / Guyz:village Vs City Girls,who Will Make A Good Wife? / Why Do Brides cry When Going To Their Husbands' House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2010
Uptown gurl all the way . . . . . . . . .,but wait oo,google which wld u go for = Village or City guy?
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Idowuogbo(f): 10:05pm On Nov 22, 2010
^ soory she only bangs retro dudes tongue cool cool
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by MrsEve1: 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2010
City brides are sought after by men who are successful and modernized,

Village brides are sought after by men who are less than successful and traditonal,
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2010
^^ Philosophy proven wrong by me
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by MrsEve1: 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2010
How so Mr bones el guarpo?
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by googles: 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2010
wazobia-ng:

poster is somewhat naive to think women differ that much. for one thing village girls 'cut eye' and some city chics are still so dumb they're getting pregnant and HIV in an unbelievable rate. both can be faithful or promiscuous. heck! my street girl grew up in the city to do ashawo later in life and i know a village girl who has PHD.

First off am not naive.

And why are you basing your argument on sexuality alone  undecided if twas about how good they are on bed trust me I wont bother creating a thread

am talking 10/10 here and if its hard to comprehend well, all i can say is read again

wazobia-ng:

the world is not that simple, your way of thinking is the reason so many ladies stereotype people, situations and events, making wrong decisions all the time as a result. there's really little difference between 'types of ladies' if there's anything like that. the only difference there is that of individuality. so please starting from today, judge people by their individual make up rather than 'city' or 'village' typology.

please grow up.

Are yuh kidding me ? therez little difference in all the variety of ladies around ?  undecided

thats got to be the lamest and wateriest thing av heard this year.

i thot your environment and background matters much in your day to day life.

and the growing up part ? yea yuh are right. . . I have plenty of time to do that. at least am not all grown and dumb !  smiley

wazobia-ng:

And which guy that grew up in the city has gone to the village to pick and marry a "kpom!" that did not go to school? It rarely happens.

ARG!! Nigeria is so stratified with people of 'upper class' and 'lower class' with everybody putting everybody else in the lower class than themselves.

If I didn't see guys going to marry from their village or hearing about it trust me i wont raise the thread. cos yuh havent seen or can do it doesnt mean

these things dont happen. And if the class thing is poking your behind so, yuh can sit on a hot plate  smiley
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 22, 2010
Ms Eve,my dad who happens to be influential never married my village mum cos he was succesful but that he seeked for decency,virtue,respect,love and trust,Q answered huh?
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by MrsEve1: 10:55pm On Nov 22, 2010
You missed the key word, TRADITIONAL, just because you take the thug out the ghetto doesnt mean the thug isn't ghetto,
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by DapoBear(m): 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Village brides are sought after by men who are less than successful and traditonal,

I'm traditional, but this doesn't suggest any lack of success. At least as far as these things are measured by most. Let's not generalize, please.
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by MrsEve1: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2010
That wasn't a generalize statement, that was an opinion,
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by DapoBear(m): 11:19pm On Nov 22, 2010
Lol. And what if I can show many counterexamples to your opinion? Opinions not based in any sort of reality don't have much value.
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by MrsEve1: 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2010
No one place value on opinions but you, undecided
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by DapoBear(m): 12:31am On Nov 23, 2010
Good point. I apologize smiley
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by MrsEve1: 12:32am On Nov 23, 2010
You excused suga cool
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Xionez(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Spot on!!! smiley

kitty kat:

As 4 me I will choose village man anyday anytime.

1. He will be faithful
2. He will always bring fresh food from the farm
3. We will eat roast yam or corn and drink palmy every evening while gisting
4. He is strong and virile ( he will beat up any city boy in a twinkling of an eye)
5. he is loving and caring

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
So does that mean i qualify?
*srambles to assemble his CV for an expected interview* grin
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 24, 2010
Life is not one or the other, so why should a wife be one or the other? Too much division, labelling, stereotyping, etc. There are virgin city women just as there are articulate village women. Just love someone based on who they are. If they happen to be from the city or village, so be it. I don tiya.
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Yorisb: 8:28am On Nov 24, 2010
^^You're gawjus. Congrats! wink
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 24, 2010
^^ Recommendations too full ur brain,God save ur manliness grin
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Ranoscky(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2010
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by me2me: 5:14pm On Nov 24, 2010
i'll say that the dichotomy btw villa and city brides has long evaporated such that there is hardly anytin the city brides know that the villa brides dont (save for education). just as the world is now a global village so has the "continent" of villa and city brides become globalised! grin grin grin
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by ds700(m): 11:36pm On Nov 24, 2010
ogugua88:

Life is not one or the other, so why should a wife be one or the other? Too much division, labelling, stereotyping, etc. There are virgin city women just as there are articulate village women. Just love someone based on who they are. If they happen to be from the city or village, so be it. I don tiya.

Gbam!. clapping.

me2me:

i'll say that the dichotomy btw villa and city brides has long evaporated such that there is hardly anytin the city brides know that the villa brides dont (save for education). just as the world is now a global village so has the "continent" of villa and city brides become globalised! grin grin grin

articulated. good.
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by no1madman(m): 1:45am On Nov 25, 2010
I've never been 2 my village.
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 25, 2010
^^ Clap for urself
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by cynthoney(f): 7:14am On Nov 25, 2010
i guess i wud advice anyone i kw to go for city babes cos they hv seen it all,

notin trips anymore
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Ranoscky(m): 7:19am On Nov 25, 2010
^^

NEVER !!!

I don't wanna be like you, don't put me thru ! grin
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by DapoBear(m): 9:17am On Nov 25, 2010
no1madman:

I've never been 2 my village.

Wow. Did you leave Nigeria when young, or something? I'd imagine that 90%+ of people within Nigeria have been to their village at least once. Hrm, interesting.
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by OmoAlata(f): 10:56am On Nov 25, 2010
I'm an Omo Alata grin
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by CGKing(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2010
hmmmm, poster,

is it possible to have them both. City babe when im going out for occasions and village girl when i come home. Abeg now.
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2010
^^ hehehe,good idea bro grin
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Moyola(f): 11:09pm On Nov 25, 2010
Noouu! bush kountry gerls r z bezt! tongue
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by Xionez(m): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2010
its more risky to have both a village girl and a city babe. In reality, the city babe will always find out and would want to beat the hell out of the village girl, but is beaten senseless by the village babe instead. U will start to wonder which u want , the village girl and her powerful cooking, bedmatics and her ever wanting to please u etc OR the city babe that knows every tom, dick and harry, the city gists,happening clubs, latest hair styles(*personally waiting for Willow smiths hairstyle to crop up in Naija after Rihannas*), proper etiquette etc.
UR CHOICE!!!
Re: Village Brides Vs. City Brides by kittykat1(f): 10:09am On Nov 26, 2010
Puhlease some ppl shld stop soundingg shallow.

Does Village gal = Good cook. I can't seem to reconcile that wit my village experience
City gal = Bad cook

Some of us are really cross d divide btwn insanity n reality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Closest Friend Had Sex With My Babe / Best Friend Wants To Date My Sister / Incest Sex Has Come To Stay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.