Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child (25467 Views)

13-Year-Old Miracle Adereti Kolawole Kidnapped In Lagos / Woman Dies A Day After The Burial Of Her Only Child Who Was Brutally Murdered / Pastor Kolawole Samson Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Murder In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by ikorodureporta: 7:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
Mrs Modupe Kolawole is the mother of a one-year-old boy, Gold Kolawole, who went missing during a church service at So Titobi Re Praising Chapel in Akure, Ondo State recently. In this interview with PETER DADA, the mother speaks about the disappearance of her son

Are you a member of So Titobi Re Praising Chapel or were you a visitor at the church your child went missing recently?

I am a member of the church; that is the church my family and I attend. We started attending the church this year.

It was learnt that your boy got missing in the children’s department of the church; what do you know about the incident?

Initially, I was not taking my child to the children’s section of the church but they kept asking me to bring him there. I felt he was too small to be left there as he had not even started walking. That Sunday, I decided to take my child to the children’s section; I felt that if he saw other children walking, it could propel him to start walking soon. I registered him there and his number on the list was 87.

Did you hand him over to any caregiver?

No, but there were many adults taking care of children there and since I had registered him, I believed there should be no problem. That is the essence of the registration. But after an hour, I went back to check on him and did not see him where I left him earlier. They had changed his position. I also saw my child holding snacks, so I challenged them. I asked why they should give my child something to eat when I had put biscuits and juice in his bag.

I told the head of the children’s department not to give him anything to eat again, and that there was nothing he wanted that was not in his bag. When it was about 11.45am, I went back to the children church and couldn’t find my child again. I started shouting and searching everywhere. They told me to look for him among other children in the crèche of the church. Someone among the workers even said someone had probably taken him out to play and I said I didn’t have any friend in the church who could take him out without my consent. I asked why they would allow an unknown person to take another person’s child out of the church.

Did you report the matter to the pastor or the head the security of the church?

Yes, I did. When it about 5pm and the service ended, I reported the matter to pastor (Prophet Samuel Babatunde). He said they would find him (the missing boy). He told me and my husband to return home and sleep and that we should not make any noise about it. He insisted that the boy would be found. Later I called my sister and reported everything to her. She rushed down from Ondo town to Akure and we all started looking for him. I went to the pastor to remind him that my child got missing in his church and he said we would found him but up till then, we had not seen him.

Do you suspect any foul play in the matter?

I just don’t understand them in the church. When it was 3pm, I was still searching and the ushers in the church were just looking at me as if they were not concerned about it. Later they were asked about the missing boy and all the ushers claimed they went out at that time. How is it possible for 14 ushers to go out at the same time? After they saw my reaction, they went to inform the pastor, who assured that the child would be found.

Shortly after, I met a man I cannot recognise again. The man told me to take the issue more seriously. He alleged that someone in the church was planning to use seven children for rituals. The man told me that while prayer session was going on that Sunday, he saw a senior member of the church leaving the church for the children’s church and one of the ushers took a boy who wore blue clothes out but that he didn’t know if the boy taken out was mine. Later, my sister laid her hands on my husband and prayed for us, then I started gaining consciousness.

The police said you did not report that matter officially at the police station, why?

We reported the case at B Division Police Station (Akure) and I went back to the church in tears to meet Prophet Babatunde. He still assured us that the boy was around and that whoever took him would return him. He then called one Inspector Abdul, who asked us to wait for 24 hours. Later, the pastor (Babatunde) called his Personal Assistant to give inspector Abdul N20,000 and that the inspector would understand.

So what do you want?

All I want is my child. In fact, if I see my child, I will end the case. Whether he (Prophet Babatunde) knows about it or not, he should do something about it. The church and the pastor should help me look for my child because he is my only child. I also appeal to the government and Nigerians to help me find my child

Source: https://punchng.com/mother-of-toddler-missing-during-ondo-churchs-service-church-pastor-must-find-my-only-child/

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by ikorodureporta: 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2019
Shortly after , I met a man I cannot recognise again . The man told me to take the issue more seriously . He alleged that someone in the church was planning to use seven children for rituals. The man told me that while prayer session was going on that Sunday, he saw a senior member of the church leaving the church for the children’ s church and one of the ushers took a boy who wore blue clothes out but that he didn ’t know if the boy taken out was mine

12 Likes

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
demons in robe spotted!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Jabioro: 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2019
No where is safe again..even inside the altar you can get missed.. Demons live in churches nowadays..

19 Likes

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by BRATISLAVA: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2019
Didn't read it, but the pastor should come off his title etc and take responsibility alongside the mother. Dangerous religion. Why can't people think for themselves, too?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Nostradamus: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ma'am you better rally round your family,y'all should come together and find a way to bring 'Jack Bauer' Abba kyari to that church. I sure say the excos know how far about your boy. This one that pastor has already given inspector Abdul money,i hope the case is not heading south

Some xtians keep roaming around fancy church where magical display is the order of the day,y'all see your life now cool

Sorry about the kid. Remember, 'Jack Bauer' abba kyari to the rescue cool

12 Likes

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by passyhansome(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2019
Lord for your Glory, I decree in the Name Of Jesus within the next 7 days, if God tarries there will be a testimony, that Child will be found and whole. Amen

106 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by rightchic(f): 8:26am On Nov 20, 2019
Hmm... Things are really happening in this country

1 Like

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by NwAmaikpe(f): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2019
The child will surely be found by the power of the Almighty

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by YorubaPrince: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2019
Awon Daddy G.O don go use am do December ohun etutu angry

Foolish church goers... Dem get bible, dem no sabi read am... the typical black man's problem.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2019
When you are contemplating on going to church be reminded of the verse ''Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm''.
The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh.
When someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the left also.

This is because someone somewhere in church will want to use the scriptures to take advantage of you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Conceptman: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2019
let them search for the man who told her about the ritual, he's a suspect In this case. it might be a plot to tarnish the image of the church and as well let's not rule out the information passed out by the man as well. I pray the boy is found and returned back to his parents

24 Likes

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Aidejay(m): 8:27am On Nov 20, 2019
I didn't read the epistle up there
But...
Abeg make them find the woman pikin give her
Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Conceptman: 8:27am On Nov 20, 2019
the man who told her about the ritual is the number one suspect. let them fish him out, I smell a plot here

11 Likes

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Balogun7T: 8:28am On Nov 20, 2019
Nal pastor hide am undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Dobson43: 8:29am On Nov 20, 2019
There is a foul play written all over this matter. The pastor should be picked for interrogation. Problem with this country is this every institution has been compromised. Dangle money and everything shifts to your favor.

8 Likes

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by DEHVEHLOP(m): 8:30am On Nov 20, 2019
That some people still go to churches in this century amazes me a lot!

I feel so ashamed of my people in Africa...

You are poor, and your pastor is super rich, yet you still give him from the money you don't even have, ARE YOU DAFT? ARE YOU DAFT? ARE YOU DAFT?

RECLAIM YOUR COMMON SENSE NA!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by ghanaman5050: 8:30am On Nov 20, 2019
Arrest the pastor. I don't trust him

1 Like

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by StrikeBack(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2019
Religion

Hmmmm
Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Kendumazy(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2019
Hmmmmmmmm! 14 ushers went out altogether. It's well!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by gbebodye(f): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2019
lol
Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by helen4(f): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2019
I can't imagine myself passing through this. God help us. Direct this baby home

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Pidginwhisper: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2019
embarassed
Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by tillaman(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2019
shocked
Those ushers ehn how can 14 of them go out at the same time and what kinda crèche allows just anyone to take other people’s kid, my take is the snacks given to him had probably been induced by the perpetrators it’s not a one man work and the person that told her about the rituals should be brought in for questioning he’s a person of interest

8 Likes

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Bahamas95(m): 8:33am On Nov 20, 2019
Even the name of the church na suspect.
Madam nor give dem breathing space o, it's obvious they know about the disappearance of the little boy.

I pray make dem never kill am
Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by helen4(f): 8:34am On Nov 20, 2019
TOPCRUISE:
Someone has to remind her of the verse ''Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm''
what are you insinuating? That she's faking her missing child?

1 Like

Re: Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child by Muyiwaipere(m): 8:35am On Nov 20, 2019
Hold that pastor well o.... No let am Jakpa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Kills Grandmother Over House Rent In Benin (Photos) / Ghana Man Commits Suicide After His Family Refused Him To Marry His Baby Mama / Cult Leader Who Killed Policeman In Lagos, Arrested In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.