Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,126 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player (59571 Views)

John Fashanu Celebrates His 58th Birthday Today / John Fashanu Congratulates George Weah, Liberian President-Elect / Amal Fashanu, My Daughter Pays The Bills - John Fashanu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by abbiboy: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
Upton:

Why would he want to lie? Can any ex super eagles star who had one or two appearances and doesn't have a business to his name afford a house in Abuja? That alone should tell you that ex English stars are better taken care of. Maybe he exaggerated when he said 5m monthly, but the message is that England care for their ex players while we don't and that's true.
Gullible u are...Na by live for Abj.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by mozona(m): 2:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
hmm
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by BreconHills(m): 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2019
Upton:

Why would he want to lie? Can any ex super eagles star who had one or two appearances and doesn't have a business to his name afford a house in Abuja? That alone should tell you that ex English stars are better taken care of. Maybe he exaggerated when he said 5m monthly, but the message is that England care for their ex players while we don't and that's true.

The funds that flow through the English FA exceed the total budget for several states or even nations. Television rights for instance are massive so there is no comparison between the FA and the NFA or the GFA or SAFA. What playing for Nigeria offers you is international visibility. It gives poor children a chance to make it in life. It is then up to such people to make the most of it. Some do some dont. That's life. Several English footballers who became bankrupt due to alcohol and gambling addictions were saved by their clubs and NGO's like Sporting chance not by their FA. Many became television pundits because of the massive brand that English football has become giving them extended time in the game.

But no country can save you from your own destructive behaviour. Tammy wanted to play for England finish.

3 Likes

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Thoh(m): 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
keep ur 5mil to ursef mr idiot fashanu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by pryme(m): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
voltron14:
I don't believe this fable.

Is Fashanu telling me that Paul Gascoigne who is impoverished receives 11k pounds monthly?

Try to find out what Gascoigne does with his money, there is a difference between poverty and spending all you have on drugs and alcohol.

2 Likes

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by adecz: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
For say na 9ja, one civil servant
for don dey chop him pension.

With the type of leadership we have
in this country, no youth should waste
his talent on this country.
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by taiwoakinlalu: 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Human Resource Management Has Just Got better. We are working effortlessly to ensure that you work quick and smart. You can manage an organization of four to five branches from one central location without stress.

Recruitment from start to finish from one software, Also your Appraisals can be done paperless from one computer without any human pressure.

Staffs can book for Leave without seeing your face, all of these and many more in one HRMS Package.

Enjoy our ongoing Anniversary discount sales of up to 50% off for 1st timers and 20% for existing clients

Hurry!!! while offer last from November 15th till December 13th 2019

Call us now to request for an online Demo.
check fliers for Contact details
www.ss-limited.com

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by seangy4konji: 2:58pm On Nov 22, 2019
Unless you don't want to be honest with yourself. Anything that relates to Nigeria is rubbish. Scam and totally worthless. Not worth your while. All our sisters d brothers are in the abroad plying their trades and really doing well. We that are still stuck here feel useless...they come to Nigeria and bring big cash. Here is not same. They can't even use two weeks straight. They start feeling empty by the time noise of generator,SARS, beggars disturb their life. They run back as if its not their mother land anymore. Health care zero. Transport zero. What pension or assurance us for elders here. Go to railway..the elders collapse waiting for pension and gratuity. Abject poverty for them and frustration. Small headache they fly first class out.

If you son was in USA or Canada..would u advice him to leave Hus stem job and come and look for 89k naira job in Nigeriasomeone Darling thousand of dollars per month with added benefit...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by TheStarsAlign: 2:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
otunbablacq:
You earn 5m per month and u wan die for estate resident association president here in Abuja. Your garden is always under lock by enforcement agencies for tax default or ground rent.
Oga stop the noise and hustle so your garden can come back to live. Imagine your oppressor seeing this, they wont leave you until you pay your debt seun

If he truely earns such income as he claimed then the tax belongs to the UK government because that's the source. He can pay tax to Nigeria only if he has other business in Nigeria.
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Senator1212: 3:09pm On Nov 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Formularcr7: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
I see no sense in paying footballers pension for a career that lasted for 5+8 years

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by marvin906(m): 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lucid1:

Do you know that FIFA pays preparation and tournament bonuses, flight fares and hotel for players and international team's coaches when they go for FIFA tournaments?

Yet! NFA still collects money from the FG for same purpose (into private accounts).

yes we know they are corrupt..
buh be frank nff can't sustain it where is the revenue going to come from..
can federal government consistently fund such thing.
again these players are considered civil servant over there not here..
it's better not to start what you can't finish

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Minjim: 3:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
Kanade21:
Note...Fashanu only played about 3-4 times for England...

Food for thought for our NFF...player welfare, palyer welfare.....

Though, with the amount of income the FA earns, essentially as the FA is a global brand in a way, that should not be surprising.

Actually, only 2 times with no goals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2019
marvin906:

yes we know they are corrupt..
buh be frank nff can't sustain it where is the revenue going to come from..
can federal government consistently fund such thing.
again these players are considered civil servant over there not here..
it's better not to start what you can't finish

Well, if the funds FIFA and CAF provide are managed properly, with a little input from FG, yes we can pay them pension for a number of year(not 5m though).
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by wallezee: 3:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
Lastanza:

See this man. Which status? The way some of u guys dey hype sef. 11k pounds is a big money anywhere in the world.
Just imagine 11k pounds for every ex-player. Do u know the amount they will be budgeting for pensions alone? They are paying their current active players 1thousand pounds per game and u ar saying that 11k is nothing.
Im not saying it’s nothing to me but it shouldn’t be to him considering his status. 11k is big money anywhere in the world DEPENDING on your financial and social status. Bro, if you start earning that amount monthly, I bet you it won’t be enough for you in some years time.
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by mattfeuter(m): 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2019
otunbablacq:
You earn 5m per month and u wan die for estate resident association president here in Abuja. Your garden is always under lock by enforcement agencies for tax default or ground rent.
Oga stop the noise and hustle so your garden can come back to live. Imagine your oppressor seeing this, they wont leave you until you pay your debt seun

Lol no lies detected. . . Na fake Guy

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Upton: 3:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Keizzmann(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2019
marvin906:

try not to be stupid..
you want nff to declare bankruptcy...

well what do I expect from a shit that stays in a shit hole

Keep these baby pictures going, I'm digging it.

Kid just gotta be sooo fine smiley
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by akanbiaa(m): 3:31pm On Nov 22, 2019
Obafemi Martins (Oba Goal) is weathier than Fashanu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Upton: 3:36pm On Nov 22, 2019
BreconHills:

The funds that flow through the English FA exceed the total budget for several states or even nations. Television rights for instance are massive so there is no comparison between the FA and the NFA or the GFA or SAFA. What playing for Nigeria offers you is international visibility. It gives poor children a chance to make it in life. It is then up to such people to make the most of it. Some do some dont. That's life. Several English footballers who became bankrupt due to alcohol and gambling addictions were saved by their clubs and NGO's like Sporting chance not by their FA. Many became television pundits because of the massive brand that English football has become giving them extended time in the game.

But no country can save you from your own destructive behaviour. Tammy wanted to play for England finish.
I agree. Now would you blame a kid who chose England over Nigeria? Also, I am not saying we should give our ex players 5m monthly, the truth is we can help them one way or the other and not abandon them totally. That's the point I believe fashanu was trying to pass. The 5m is irrelevant in this message.
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by gabbasin: 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2019
Believe Fashanu at your own peril, he has such a sugar coated mouth. If you doubt me, ask Joseph Yobo's mother in-law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by sencekompis: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
meobizy:
I don’t believe this. If it was true some soccer players won’t end up broke.

senseless u r man, just like most that lives in that horrible jungle.
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Mrjo(m): 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
daddytime:
Can you imagine?

No wonder Fashanu prefer to stay Niger dey ball because of exchange rate. Believe him at your own peril ooo

No be everything wey comot from the guy mouth I dey take sha...

I sabi am wella
am also contemplating how possible it is because if you check very well there is over 1k ex England players, so how can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by PAQ(m): 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2019
Most of the readers ignored the message and went for the "5 million"! Nigerians and misplaced priorities.

Well for the record i know many guys who earn good salaries but are broke b4 d next pay, talkless of pensioners.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by BreconHills(m): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2019
Upton:

I agree. Now would you blame a kid who chose England over Nigeria? Also, I am not saying we should give our ex players 5m monthly, the truth is we can help them one way or the other and not abandon them totally. That's the point I believe fashanu was trying to pass. The 5m is irrelevant in this message.

I think helping ex internationals is a good idea. The challenge is that we are a fault based society. In general we feel no duty to help people who have made mistakes The second challenge is where the funds will come from. I would make the following suggestions.

1. Internationals must show evidence of having engaged financial planners when they sign with their first club. This shows you have put some skin in the game. Players must take out insurance against injury ( typically the club has already done this for their benefit not the players)
2. Set up a special fund as a percentage of the league sponsors fee. Encourage tax deductible donations by hnw individuals. This will manage forced retirement for uninsured players or players in the domestic league.

These plans are pretty watery. But perhaps someone could expand and refine them.
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
This afonja is fraudster. Remember his oceanic bank talent hunt?

Now he has come out from hiding.

1 Like

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Kay2323: 4:37pm On Nov 22, 2019
Inside life � for you
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

He said N5m not £5M. Even in your poverty ravaged shithole N5m cant get you what you enjoy in the UK

Mr shithole, N5m is still about £12k. That's £144k a year You'll be a sensational simpleton to believe that the English FA pays that huge amount as 'pension' to anyone who ever made an appearance for the senior national team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Ajibade123(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
No wonder Tomori and Abraham japa awon omolomo
see steps needed to choose a career path https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-choose-a-career-path/
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by Ajibade123(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
No wonder Tomori and Abraham japa awon omolomo
see steps needed to choose a career path https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-choose-a-career-path/
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by lukui: 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
no wonder Sunday olisah shouted "pay me before I die " when he coached super chickens, check people like Christian chukwu, shuaibu amodu, and even gernot rohr, they were owed salaries.

up till now no memorial for rashidi yekini by nff,
all they do is fight for tickets during World Cup,

just imagine Mikel obi paying for Nigeria's hotel bills, the corruption in nff is bigger than pacific ocean
Re: John Fashanu: I Earn N5 Million Monthly As Ex - England Player by tyeenigga(m): 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
I have been wondering why his garden is under lock
otunbablacq:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okocha Jokes Over Messi’s £1million Weekly Pay / Today I Took Selfie With Leonel Messi / Rafael Nadal's 80-foot Luxury Superyacht In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.