Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help (24275 Views)

Career Change: Is It Wise To Change My Career Path At This Stage???? / 14 Tips To Avoid Stage Fright And Win Audience Impression / Street Sweepers In Benin Stage Protest Over Non-payment Of 7 Months Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by Sunday66: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2020
Obas101:

I understand you perfectly cos I used to be like you. You have anxiety disorder it makes you lose confidence and concentration before presentation.
Anyway be sure to have good subject knowledge b4 the presentation. Read the art of public speaking by Dale caenegie. It will help you know how to act and keep focus. ON THE MAIN. There is a drug for ppl with anxiety disorder I've forgotten BT will get back to you. It's mostly used by ppl with high BP. What it does is that it calms your nerves by expanding tracts for easy blood flow. Ordinarily without it you maybe sweating or your heart could be raising the drug clears this for you. I use it always before my presentations even at work

Pls which drug and how can someone get it
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by Sunday66: 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2020
Czartega:

True... Propanolol, a non selectitve beta adrenergic blocker helps to reduce heart rate as well as reducing tremors and relieving anxiety.

How can I get it. Thanks
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 02, 2020
maclatunji:

Say no to drug dependency and abuse.
I support you
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by Lematin(m): 4:25pm On Jan 02, 2020
My Brother
Am also In your shoes

Facing the crowd to deliver a speech is like facing fire
My voice will just be trembling

It's even worst to the extent of not being able to toast someone I have feelings for

Am just trying to get solution to this ASAP before it get too late
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by mbahdi(m): 5:16pm On Jan 02, 2020
appreciate001:
Hi Nairalanders greetings to you all. please can someone help me with solutions to this stage fright problem.

I Am in my late thirties married with children but this thing will not leave me alone. I have been battling with this all my life.

Just recently, I had a presentation to make but things were messed up because of this. I am a graduate but this is limiting my chances in life. What are the practical ways to overcome this problem? God bless you all.
Whenever you get to stage.don't look at faces.look up to d ceiling.faces can at times discourage u.

1 Like

Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by sumbzie78: 5:38pm On Jan 02, 2020
OgunLaakaye:
Alcohol

Outline your presentation and rehearse how you will want to be.

Start drinking 2 hours before presentation and think about how you were impressed with your presentation. (Insinuating)

When you drink to a point. You will stand up and walk towards that Hall anxious to dish out words and sentences.
. Taking alcohol for boldness is not advisable as it causes addictions .Moreover, liver diseases are not curable but preventable. Don't end up with liver challenges , alcoholism and so on because you want to be bold for presentations.

1 Like

Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by Thunday1005(m): 8:49pm On Jan 02, 2020
I usually have it b4, Buh after some few minutes I get to the stage I get myself back.

It just abt knowing and read as a many times as as possible of anything you want to present
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by Alimat40: 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2020
NelsonNeo:
propanolol tablets 20mg an hour before your presentation.
It will keep you relaxed all through.
Happy new year
Please, if you want to deal with it just buy this medicine. Propanol is the general name but inderal is one of the brand name. It depends on the severity of your problem, so you can be guided by your health provider.
It works for me. So see a doctor too.

1 Like

Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by NonnyDot(m): 12:19am On Jan 03, 2020
ZombieTERROR:

Start with friends.... Discuss politics in viewing centers.... Get your self out there..

It's a gradual process

You want make dem break hin head baa. Maybe he will be saying APC are idiots and PDP are touts
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by igbanbajo(m): 12:22am On Jan 03, 2020
nuel000:
My first advice is try to purchase this book I got it for 500, then join any toastmasters club near you...you'll see the difference and thank me later

Check book out.
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by Crixus12: 3:13am On Jan 03, 2020
Genius way to earn money(on the side) today free training. This 3-step"no product funnel" can be duplicated to start earning a significant income online. Join this free webinar to learn how to start earning money as an affiliate marketer. It involves promoting other peoples products and earning commissions When people purchase those products or serviced using your link. To join free webinar follow link below:
https:///3651Ru4

Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by iguita: 9:30am On Jan 03, 2020
For those asking about Toastmasters, it is a public speaking and leadership club where you can learn public speaking in a friendly environment. It is headquartered in the US and there are over 40 clubs in Nigeria. The club's in Nigeria are in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Kaduna, Adamawa, Akure, Benin, Bayelsa, Owerri etc

To check for clubs around you, check

https://www.toastmasters.org/find-a-club

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by charlsecy(m): 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2020
TissuePaper:
....if you know what you are saying you won't experience anything like stage fright.
Not necessarily true.
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by appreciate001: 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
Numero9:
Reminds me of my days back in secondary school. Make my guy come present news for assembly, my guy hold paper begin read words upside down with entire body trembling vigorously!!!

It wasn't funny mehn. The entire students and staff laugh for assembly ground no be small.

Please have you been able to overcome it? If yes? How?
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by TissuePaper: 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
charlsecy:
Not necessarily true.
what do you say so?
Re: I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help by Numero9: 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
appreciate001:

Please have you been able to overcome it? If yes? How?

Yes! I've overcome it long before now. I was a member of Press Club way back in secondary school. That club has helped me gain confidence to speak before multitudes before me. Confidence was something i lacked, but press club gave it to me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Ways LinkedIn Can Help you Achieve Success in your career. / Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed” / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Meaning(contiss,conuass,conraiss ETC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.