Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... (29015 Views)

Is Business Analysis A Good Course Or Career To Venture Into As A Post Graduate. / A Question For Perfectionists - Does Perfection Impede Improvement? / Wrong Partner Or Wrong Career, Which Is Deadliest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by ImaIma1(f): 10:03am On Dec 04, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

The noise about choosing a career before marriage or vice versa makes no sense. What should concern you is balancing the two phenomenon.

I have seen women put in the hours at work and rose to the top of their dreams without any effect on how they run their families. You can work hard without closing too late and you can further your studies and still save your family the suffering. The pitfalls comes when you invest your whole entirety into one thing.

The joy of a successful woman is the story of a supportive family but a woman who neglects hers will be lonely at the top. Victory is sweetest in the company of genuine cheers.

It is the duty of a man to support her dreams and the wife's to balance her duties. What a woman needs to flourish in career is a supportive spouse. Why can't you imagine both my dear.

Richdad

Apt.

Balancing both is the way to go. So that no one suffers. It's only possible with a supportive husband and not one that constantly feels threatened by his wife's progress. Working as a team always wins.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by TourismMan(m): 10:22am On Dec 04, 2019
Reading
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by explosiveskull(m): 11:36am On Dec 04, 2019
ImaIma1:

And next time you see "imaima1", do the same and don't respond
That me you are looking for, you'll find it soon in Jesus Name
But I won't be the one to oblige you that.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Iphran6: 12:00pm On Dec 04, 2019
Deep down in every woman even the so call feminists, they know that marriage is more important than any career
I have heard of a female professor in IMSU who acclaimed that her greatest achievement in life is her husband and her home, she was bold enough to own up but many ladies today do otherwise

For your speed limiter, Car tracker, Car alarm and CCTV installations, call me
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by ImaIma1(f): 12:42pm On Dec 04, 2019
explosiveskull:

That me you are looking for, you'll find it soon in Jesus Name
But I won't be the one to oblige you that.

Don't waste your prayers on something this trivial. Save it.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by sweetilicious(f): 12:20am On Dec 05, 2019
mysticgal:
Basically, life has a way of putting human beings in a frying pan so I’d say career.

This is because I have always wanted to be financially stable before risking a relationship aka marriage and also considering how much and bad the country is, career is very much needed.
However, if you choose career, there is a slim chance that Mediocre Nigerian men would come by. They hate overly independent women and have a love hate feelings for ‘gold diggers and slay queens’ I.e, they love subservient women....it boosts their ‘egos’. You may even meet some who think them marrying you is a supposed blessing cheesy or people who expect you to work and serve their needs and that of their families.
But then.:::..... you have to choose a succinct path in life.

Then if you choose marriage, forget, career or better still, prepare to work twice, thrice or quadruple as hard as your career mates. Once you give birth to one, two, three or how much you want, mahn, that’s how much hardwork you’d put in cheesy.
If you have a supportive spouse, the load becomes lighter, unsupportive spouse, 10times that freaking birth, career load and May God help you. grin cheesy grin

However, life is all about balance, you can have all. It depends on how you handle it, but then balance is key wink

Caveat: May The odds be in your favor
exactly
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by abiolamitodun(m): 6:16am On Dec 05, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Humans whether man or woman should have their career as priority.

A woman who cannot take care of her basic needs from the proceeds of her career before going into marriage is a potential punching bag and slave when things turn sour.

This is the 21st century, do not be pressured into marriage.

If you have unquenchable conji , get a intimacy gadget or cucumber. If you can't afford it, use candle.

This is a very good advices abi?
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Atomemmy(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2019
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Humans whether man or woman should have their career as priority.

A woman who cannot take care of her basic needs from the proceeds of her career before going into marriage is a potential punching bag and slave when things turn sour.

This is the 21st century, do not be pressured into marriage.

If you have unquenchable conji , get a intimacy gadget or cucumber. If you can't afford it, use candle.

Dear MrsNwaAmaikpe do u also ejaculate with your eyes wide open as NwaAmaikpe does. For that's what that emoji shocked mean.
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by urahara(m): 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2019
Ishilove:

LMFAO. cheesy

Come poco, who did you inherit this insane sense of humor from? Mum or dad?

As in , she is just too funny grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by Ebenezar2020(m): 6:50pm On Dec 31, 2019
Olivyabrown:
What is a reasonable extent?
hi
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by MrCork: 5:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
barbietosin:
Carrier shud kom first ooo...no guy want a liability

how much? smiley
Re: Marriage Or Career Which Comes First: Ladies Question For You All ... by safarigirI(f): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
barbietosin:
Carrier shud kom first ooo...no guy want a liability
hi are u on WhatsApp?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Project Management / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" / Just Fired. How Do I Cope With The Emotional Trauma?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.