Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss (50155 Views)

Sale Of Rivers Assets: Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest On Amaechi, Cole, Others / Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele / Pondei: House Of Reps Issues Warrant Of Arrest On MD Of NDDC, IMC Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Lexusgs430: 1:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hin beta keep hin peace in Nigeria, and reside peacefully within it's regions............. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by ednut1(m): 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
This is why rich men always prefer bank loan. Take loan and allow the banks do the transfer

5 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by tempex88(m): 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Obiwiz:
Please I need a very competent Nissan mechanic in Lagos, preferably around ijeshatedo, mile 2, cele area. It's urgent.
Pls I also need opinions.... Is the 2004 Nissan pathfinder a reliable vehicle? Thanks all.

Not reliable car from experience
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by eternityk: 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Another ewedu influenced Lagos-Ibadan media propaganda aimed at tarnishing Air Peace's image.
Afonja existence is the worst thing to happen to Africa.
Hmm
I'm tired of living in the same country with these people

6 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Jobio1(f): 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hum
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Asour: 1:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
DennisEche:
To say to be rich in naija ur hands must be dirty. No clean money again

Really?

Then where did the dirty money get their money from, other dirty money?

Then where did this other dirty money get their money?

Who then created the original money that "bad" guys are stealing from.

Hahahaha!

Look around you. From the food you eat to the clothes you wear & services you use— All are provided by others who make money of off these. Some enough to be deemed wealthy, isn't it.

The existence of bad money is EXACTLY a confirmation that good money exists.

4 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Sleevia: 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
Everybody currently involved in fraud should just give it a stop. It's no doubt that there is serious man haunt for cyber fraudsters, this is the highest we have recorded and it seems the partnership signed by Buhari and the US and other countries is yielding results.

As in, you can not escape it at the moment.

Just stop and use the one u have to attend training on any desirable skill of choice, then start a business along that line.
If dem nab u, ur own Don b that.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Caseless: 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2019
I really pity this man. He does not deserve this. But who am I to tell who should get what? May God help him.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by ezemontest: 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
ok
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Lovelife433(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
what is going with our so called rich buisiness men? But if it's true let him be jail. I hate nonsense.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Kingosytex(m): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Ibeto was the Cement company to beat, the banks came for him
Innoson became the face of Indigenous African vehicles, GTBank came for him. The court awarded the win to Innoson.
Capital Oil started making Oando and Forte Oil uncomfortable, AMCON came after him. The court once again awarded the win to Capital Oil.

Now AirPeace is redefining the face of aviation in Nigeria and the US is now after him.

My question is,
Is it now a sin to rise against the odds of being Igbo and excel in business?

I keep asking myself the same question.

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by yusufu16: 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
To be honest I have always question the source of this mans wealth.

All of the sudden Air Peace went to acquire some of the biggest Airplane in the world in a space of just 2 months.

Even big airlines cannot afford to just go and airlift people free of charge.

Its unfortunate most rich men in Nigeria are not clean. Even Dangote has had to romance with the corrupt government officials for his business to prosper.

12 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
shocked
Let me run your airline for you while you're gone sir,
I promise to probably keep a percentage of all profit made for you.
But seriously it's hard to see a Nigerian business man with no single trace of fraud trailing him.
I mean in this country where it's so hard to secure credit and capital for business.
It takes just a little bit of "taking" what's not yours to give that edge to launch a brand against the very harsh economic situation in this country.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Kennyswagzz: 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
Bloody criminal tribe

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Life0Life: 1:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
Like seriously �, when 9ja politicians move our money into US accounts they wouldn't question that but when their money is taken they'll be investigating fraud. But seriously this is not a good news, I hope there is still hope for the legits to make a real difference in this Generation.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Sterope(f): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
Whites people also go after their own. Those that are unlucky to be caught including fraudsters.

His indictment is more than international transactions that did not go through legal procedure. Lets wait and watch, he may slip through the crack at the end of the day.

Nigeria's choice not to go after foreigners who may have committed crime against us, is its choice alone.

You could have just admitted that you support all criminals with melanin.

exxellarsz:
All I know is that, there is white conspiracy against Black Giants, White are corrupt too. Its not all International Transactions can go through legal procedures. That does not make Onyema a Criminal. How many of their people have we dealt with in Nigeria? Rubbish. All Nigerians indicted for one crime or the other are promising people that the white have benefited from in one way or the other. Thanks

9 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by fergieboy: 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
shakushakuist:
lol
Na very big lol cheesy

This just confirmed no clean money Anywhere
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by faithfull18(f): 1:07pm On Nov 23, 2019
tokrizy:
I have got airtel card 8k for sale at cheaper rate..I mistakenly recharged 10k instead if 1k from my account..pls I wanna sell at good rate quote me if u re interested...whatsapp 07036927656
See my profile.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by IamR: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Africonji:
This is getting serious. Dr. Allen Onyema should step down from his position at Air Peace until he clear his name, so as to save what is left of the brand. The board of directors should release a statement separating Allen from the brand. The airline must not be allowed to die over this scandal.
I don't think he should step down until he is finally proven guilty. He needs our support and not telling him to relinquish his position.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Lawalemi(m): 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Hmmm. Inside life
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by farady(m): 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Africonji:
This is getting serious. Dr. Allen Onyema should step down from his position at Air Peace until he clear his name, so as to save what is left of the brand. The board of directors should release a statement separating Allen from the brand. The airline must not be allowed to die over this scandal.

In ideal situation, this is what should be done. However, don't be surprise that some fifth columnists within 9ja here will robe the entire management into the whole matter with a view to taking over the outfit. Let's just watch.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by GeneralPula: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
[s]
SonofDevil:
Related News
U.S. indicts Air Peace Chairman, Allen Onyema, for fraud
Nigerian jailed four years for $8.3 million fraud in U.S.
EXCLUSIVE: How Air Peace Chairman, Allen Onyema, allegedly committed multi-million dollar fraud — FULL INDICTMENT
U.S. government charges Air Peace founder Onyema with $20 million fraud
Air Peace chief describes Enugu Governor Ugwuanyi as best in south-east
A warrant of arrest has been issued against Allen Onyema of Air Peace Limited for alleged money laundering and bank fraud in the United States, court documents seen by PREMIUM TIMES showed.
The warrant was signed by Justin Anand, an American magistrate of the United States District Court of the Northern District of Georgia, on November 19. The warrant authorised U.S. Marshals Service to take Mr Onyema into custody.
PREMIUM TIMES could not immediately confirm Mr Onyema’s location as of Saturday morning, but he was seen at Transcorp Hilton in Abuja on Thursday.
The U.S. and Nigeria have a mutual legal assistance policy that allows both countries to extradite suspects facing criminal charges. Several Nigerians have been sent to the U.S. to stand trial for alleged fraud.
In August, Temitayo Fatunmbi was sentenced to four years’ imprisonment after being found guilty of $8.3 million fraud. His conviction in the U.S. followed his extradition from Nigeria.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) regularly arrests suspects wanted by U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation for fraud or other criminal allegations.
It was unclear whether the U.S. authorities have sought an extradition of Mr Onyema as part of efforts to execute warrant of arrest issued against him.
Mr Onyema was indicted on Friday for allegedly laundering suspicious funds in excess of $20 million dollars in the U.S. Ejiroghene Eghagha, Air Peace’s head of finance and administration, was also indicted and an arrest warrant issued equally against him.
The two Nigerian business executives were accused of conniving to commit money laundering and bank fraud for several years. The U.S. Department of Justice made the allegations public on Friday, but did not mention that an arrest warrant had been issued for Messrs Onyema and Eghagha.
Details of the arrest obtained by PREMIUM TIMES said Mr Onyema used several non-commercial entities he registered to conduct commercial businesses in the United States.
The allegations also included how Mr Onyema facilitated fraudulent letters of credit to American banks to procure aircraft, equipment and luxury goods.
About $14 million traced to his bank accounts in the U.S. and Canada have been frozen as federal authorities pursue a final forfeiture order.
The seizure came after extensive investigation of how Mr Onyema allegedly conducted the fraud between 2010 and 2018.
Mr Onyema’s case comes as U.S. authorities are recording back-to-back successes in their clampdown on Nigerians suspected of fraudulent activities there.
Warrant-of Arrest-Allen-Onyema
The arrest of Invictus Obi for Internet fraud made headlines in early August. Mr Obi has been held in American jail until February 2020 when his trial would commence.
In the same month, nearly 80 Nigerians were indicted by a federal grand jury for alleged involvement in multiple layers of fraud ranging from romance scam to business email compromise.
Mr Onyema did not return multiple telephone calls and text messages seeking comments about the warrant. Mrs Eghagha was unavailable for comments.
But a statement by their attorney dismissed the charges as “strange” and “unfounded.”
The statement said both Messrs Onyema and Eghagha have built a reputation of honesty and integrity and will look forward to fighting the charges against them in court.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/364774-exclusive-u-s-court-issues-warrant-of-arrest-for-air-peace-boss-allen-onyeama.html
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by 1x2x3: 1:08pm On Nov 23, 2019
Wise countries protect their own. They would avoid extradition of their citizens.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by KanuSE: 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
[s]
NwaAmaikpe:

Innoson became the face of Indigenous African vehicles, GTBank came for him. The court awarded the win to Innoson.
Capital Oil started making Oando and Forte Oil uncomfortable, AMCON came after him. The court once again awarded the win to Capital Oil.

Now, AirPeace is redefining the face of aviation in Nigeria and the US is now after him.

My questions are,
Is it now a sin to be a successful Igboman.
Is it a crime to rise against the odds of being Igbo and excel in business in the uneven Nigeria playing field.

How come things are put in place for others to excel no matter what while every known persecution trails others?

I'm not asking a lot,
I'm just saying that water has passed garri when the mosquito begins to suck breast milk meant for the baby instead of blood.
[/s]

Very sentimental and it's unnecessary. Why do you have to politicise the matter?

I guess it's the Nigeria in you... Nonsense!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Ayoefa: 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Now, AirPeace is redefining the face of aviation in Nigeria and the US is now after him.

My questions are,
Is it now a sin to be a successful Igboman.
Is it a crime to rise against the odds of being Igbo and excel in business in the uneven Nigeria playing field.

How come things are put in place for others to excel no matter what while every known persecution trails others?

I'm not asking a lot,
I'm just saying that water has passed garri when the mosquito begins to suck breast milk meant for the baby instead of blood.

Kindly direct that question to the US govt.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by planetx: 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2019
First three page filled with dumb comments unlike the other thread of his indictment.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Another ewedu influenced Lagos-Ibadan media propaganda aimed at tarnishing Air Peace's image.
What is the connection between this case and the afonjas?

Some of you truly are lost in this country.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Kennyswagzz: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
don't goan warn your people to stop crime.. Bloody criminal tribe.. from SA to Asia to US to Ghana to all over the world..
Nonsense

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by madridsta007(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Africonji:

LOL.
Oga, this is a Private Company.
You realise this, do you?

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by tokrizy: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
faithfull18:

See my profile.

Alright sent u a mssg on whatsapp
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by Taciturn1: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Peacemaker5129:
Amelica too didn't like us
smh
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Court Issues Warrant Of Arrest For Air Peace Boss by somalianprince: 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Restructuring: Northern Leaders Root For 12-State Structure / President Buhari's Incredible Come Back Journey In one Picture / Femi Fani-Kayode In Green White Green With Yerima In Zamfara (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.