Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (34474 Views)

Doctors Share Their Experiences With Nigerian Patients / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Nurses / How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Doktajay5: 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
badboy92:
They killed my father few months ago, we rushed him to the hospital they said no deposit no treatment, at around 1am in the morning with no atm card.

And yes, it's a private hospital.

Nigeria has failed a lot of people, don't blame people wanting to run away, nothing works in this country

RIP dad

Sorry about your loss bro.

But I have this to tell you.
They didn't kill your father. U should take responsibility for your carelessness. I want to believe u don't know how much loss that hospital have incured on that sentiment of "Dr we will pay in the morning" and next is that the patient have absconded and the MDs eventually make these health workers pay with their small salary.

I mean how long shall health workers continue to pay the bills of absconded patient, while u still expect them to listen to ur cock and bull story.

Why didn't u take money, or your Atm for POS, or even offer to drop any valuable on you.

Oga u didn't try. Just don't blame those workers there.. They don't owe u a duty of treating you free. People have abuse that opportunity severally. See attached pictures..

Health care is money globally.
And this one is a private hospital. Is not as if anybody will look ur face in government hospital neither will u even have anymore ones attention there to tell ur story. Is either u pay and get value or u run losses bro. U just did. Sorry about it.

They actually didn't kill your father, ur nonchalance did.

Epele.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
HBB1:

Oga keep quiet, no dey talk rubbish wey you no Sabi?!

I didn't mean to be rude to you but you have decided to be obnoxious!

USMLE hard, e hard, but I get guys wey dey 98 percentile for the exam.

Which re-training you dey talk abeg?!
Or is it the tutorial before exams? What is in the bloody tutorial?
A refresher before the clinical exams?

That asides other things are involved before you get matched... No dey yarn dust bros!

You Sabi how many Nigerians Doctors dey US?

Abeg.
na because u never travel and see things for urself u dey yarn like this.wait until u travel then u go understand wetin i dey yarn grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by HBB1(m): 2:59pm On Nov 27, 2019
lefulefu:
na because u never travel and see things for urself u dey yarn like this.wait until u travel then u go understand wetin i dey yarn grin

Ogaade, you think say na Naija I dey?

No dey yarn oshi!
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 27, 2019
HBB1:

USMLE hard, e hard, but I get guys wey dey 98 percentile for the exam.

Abeg.
the exam is not an exam u just drink beer and smoke weed to go an write.u have to prepare very well for it and solve past questions and know everything in an out for you to pass it.with your noisy and angry character wey u dey exhibit here how u think say u wan take write the exam.anyway when u don comot for naija u will mellow and cool down.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 27, 2019
HBB1:

Ogaade, you think say na Naija I dey?

No dey yarn oshi!
na naija u go dey.u dey act like a typical noisy lagos area boy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by HBB1(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
lefulefu:
na naija u go dey.u dey act like a typical noisy lagos area boy cheesy

Calm Dan Oga!

Being in Nigeria or abroad is not a feat.

If being abroad is a feat for you, sorry o!
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 27, 2019
Doktajay5:

Sorry about your loss bro.

But I have this to tell you.
They didn't kill your father. U should take responsibility for your carelessness. I want to believe u don't know how much loss that hospital have incured on that sentiment of "Dr we will pay in the morning" and next is that the patient have absconded and the MDs eventually make these health workers pay with their small salary.

I mean how long shall health workers continue to pay the bills of absconded patient, while u still expect them to listen to ur cock and bull story.

Why didn't u take money, or your Atm for POS, or even offer to drop any valuable on you.

Oga u didn't try. Just don't blame those workers there.. They don't owe u a duty of treating you free. People have abuse that opportunity severally. See attached pictures..

Health care is money globally.
And this one is a private hospital. Is not as if anybody will look ur face in government hospital neither will u even have anymore ones attention there to tell ur story. Is either u pay and get value or u run losses bro. U just did. Sorry about it.

They actually didn't kill your father, ur nonchalance did.

Epele.
naija healthcare system needs total overhauling.many health care paractitioner work in terrible conditions.na nigerian govt hand e dey.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by HBB1(m): 3:07pm On Nov 27, 2019
lefulefu:
the exam is not an exam u just drink beer and smoke weed to go an write.u have to prepare very well for it and solve past questions and know everything in an out for you to pass it.with your noisy and angry character wey u dey exhibit here how u think say u wan take write the exam.anyway when u don comot for naija u will mellow and cool down.

Have you heard before that exams are not a true test of knowledge?

Every exam has a format... A password.

If you like Sabi all the book, if you don't use the right things to prepare, you will fail.

I have never failed an exam before in my life-- local or foreign!

Even rocket science get format

I know people who are practising in the US, if you believe or not, na your pocket e dey-- no be everybody be taxi driver!

Calm Dan Oga!
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 27, 2019
HBB1:

Have you heard before that exams are not a true test of knowledge?

Every exam has a format... A password.

If you like Sabi all the book, if you don't use the right things to prepare, you will fail.

I have never failed an exam before in my life-- local or foreign!

Even rocket science get format

I know people who are practising in the US, if you believe or not, na your pocket e dey-- no be everybody be taxi driver!

Calm Dan Oga!
ok i don hear you.everybody is an Einstein and a billioniare on nairaland..i be forget cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by HBB1(m): 3:11pm On Nov 27, 2019
lefulefu:
ok i don hear you.everybody is an Einstein and a billioniare on nairaland..i be forget cheesy

You rather I were a dullard?

Wtf, dude!
grin
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Doktajay5: 3:15pm On Nov 27, 2019
Respect55:
I was operated on around 2009,24th of December to be precise. While on the process, this doctor paused to receive calls not less than three times of more than 10 minutes each. I was mad but was instructed not to talk else I die. Why would a doctor even take a phone to the theatre?

That being said, they are still those who respect their profession but not this one that operated on me.

U sound quiet selfish bros... So cos he was operating on you, he shouldn't take calls?

Do you know the Dr:patient ratio in Nigeria currently?

So u think is only you that need that Drs service at that time.?

Do u know if his own child was admitted and being operated on that same time somewhere else?...

There's obviously why we r called Nigerians.

#smh

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by InvertedHammer: 3:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
HBB1:

Every doctor there goes through Residency-- you understand Residency is work right?

You are working!

If you pass your USMLE and your get matched, why will you spend 6 years again?
undecided
/
Comprehension may not be your forte.

1-2 years to prepare for your exams and understand the culture. If you are highly intelligent, you may pass Step I and 2.
If you are lucky to get placement/matched in residency immediately(rarely happens), then the minimum duration for residency is 3 years.
As a resident, you are merely making minimum wage even on long and excruciating long hours. You are not independent.

There is no way you will spend less than 6 years coming from Nigeria to practice in USA. Don't forget that you are a student
doctor as a resident and may still be kicked out.

/
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by HBB1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
Comprehension may not be your forte.

1-2 years to prepare for your exams and understand the culture. If you are highly intelligent, you may pass Step I and 2.
If you are lucky to get placement/matched in residency immediately(rarely happens), then the minimum duration for residency is 3 years.
As a resident, you are merely making minimum wage even on long and excruciating long hours. You are not independent.

There is no way you will spend less than 6 years coming from Nigeria to practice in USA. Don't forget that you are a student
doctor as a resident and may still be kicked out.

/

A resident makes minimum wage?

Shows you know nothing dude! cheesy

...and a resident is not practicing in your books?
A Resident a student doctor ?( do you know how ridiculous that sounds)

So you write step 1 in Ghana, 2 in the US-- are you going to sit down there?

Don't people write the exams and come back home?
You think they pack their bags to go write step 1 and 2 and sit down there?

What are you saying dude?! grin

You know there are thousands of Nigerian Doctors in the US right?
... and I mean Nigerians working as Doctors!
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by shege45: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2019
thesmallgod:
Around 2016, I had a skin condition and decided to go to a teaching hospital in Ogbomoso. When it was my turn to see the doctor, I met some group of doctors and some college students (they were doctors too but still undergoing training as they all sat and observing the senior doctors). After series of questions I was asked to UnCloth that they will like to see my lower limbs. Everybody including the students started looking me and observing my reaction. That day, I felt so bad because I thought they were just using me as an object of expression without seeking my consent.
lol the moment you go to a teaching hospital, you are already given consent. You pay less so that you would be used as a tool for learning

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by SaturnNick(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
Teebilion:
The thread would have been more interesting if it were
‘ Share your experience with Nigerian NURSES’

But still

1 .while serving in lokoja , A female doctor was giving me injections and receiving call , left the injection in my ass to be replying chats
Savage

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by shege45: 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2019
monerozi5590:

You just spoke my mind. I have been having stomach problems for the past 15 years now. None of them seems to know what's wrong with me... They keep treating typhoid fever because test results shows typhoid. Some of them are even saying is psychological. I met one long time ago and he gave up on me.

I just wanna travel out for a better treatment. I will save up for that.
its like we are on same boat. I have been having stomach issues for over 3years. They all treat typhoid. Some people say make i reach LUTH, the doctor there said its in my head and wanted to refer me to the psychlogy department. I just smile, I just tell myself say i no go again till I comot country.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by betterview3: 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
monerozi5590:

Good afternoon. How are you feeling now?... Please any advice for me?

Not really. I think abdominal issues are complicated. Even abroad.
So you might want to do some tests depending on your symptoms to rule out some options.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by monerozi5590: 4:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
shege45:
its like we are on same boat. I have been having stomach issues for over 3years. They all treat typhoid. Some people say make i reach LUTH, the doctor there said its in my head and wanted to refer me to the psychlogy department. I just smile, I just tell myself say i no go again till I comot country.

You crack me up real good.. The thing don tire me.......Someone will be feeling discomfort in his stomach yet they keep saying psychological.... God will help us. HE has healed us already.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by InvertedHammer: 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
HBB1:

A resident makes minimum wage?

Shows you know nothing dude! cheesy

...and a resident is not practicing in your books?
A Resident a student doctor ?( do you know how ridiculous that sounds)

So you write step 1 in Ghana, 2 in the US-- are you going to sit down there?

Don't people write the exams and come back home?
You think they pack their bags to go write step 1 and 2 and sit down there?

What are you saying dude?! grin

You know there are thousands of Nigerian Doctors in the US right?
... and I mean Nigerians working as Doctors!
/
The taste of the pudding is in the eating.

Write your exams and come to US first.

Simple solution.
/

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 27, 2019
DrFD:

You go to pharmacist, they keep treating you symptomatically.
You are happy the symptoms are suppressed. You get unlucky to come down with the complication of the real cause of the the symptoms
Then you are asked to see a doctor to perform magic on a disease you already thwarted the classical presentation.
Doctor battles with linking your atypical presentation to a diagnosis...it becomes trial and error.
In the process, time is wasted, and a damage ensues which again doctor tries to at least minimize....to you, bad doctor S/he is.
Please keep consulting the pharmacists, you reduce the workload for guys in the hospital. But when need arise to see a doc, please take full responsibility.

Will you shut up?! Most pharmacist know more than doctors!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by HBB1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/
The taste of the pudding is in the eating.

Write your exams and come to US first.

Simple solution.
/

Baba I no dey US and who says I am a Doctor?
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
midnighter:

Hum-ho! cheesy Are you one of them?

Leave your woman patients alone oooo you hear?
Nah, not one of them.....

Not my line sef

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by SwagPower: 5:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
Motunemotun:
Two times a doctor would have killed me undecided a pharmacist saved my life smiley
I’ll rather consult a pharmacist now sef abeg

Coming from a pharmacologist that served in a hospital pharmacy department for a year , I’ve seen many things sha undecided
Unrathwr consult a pharmacist than a Doctor abi?..
Aight kontinu ..If you ever need surgery, please get a pharmacy to do it..

grin
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by midnighter(f): 5:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
lebete3000:

For you to still be asking this question shows you've not learnt anything about Nigerians.

Your question is just like asking why the Devil is wicked. Are you a learner?

The average Nigerian hates the prosperity of another and doesn't believe he can make it without pulling down someone else.

Is that the kinda person you want to reform? Keep wasting your time oh, the only way Nigerians can learn is through suffering, that's why they respect anyone with a rifle than with words of wisdom...

Hmm..noted...
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Honeysweetest(f): 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
this thread made me laugh,cry also, last yr my mom was admitted in the hospital, everyday, different doctor will come by,after speaking big grammar,he will write drugs to buy,the next day, another doctor will come,check her and write a different thing from what the other wrote,this continued for days till one came,as he was writing drugs as usual,I told him,doc I hope u are not prescribing another drugs,we have different drugs here,he said,do I know if is this drug he is writting that God will use and heal her,I said whattt, I discovered that lots of them where just experimenting,testing their knowledge, at a point,we took her home,well she died last yr, am not here to bash doctors,but I will say this,the only field that are licenced to prescribe drugs are pharmacist,nurses will administer drugs,I don't know y doctors have taken the work of pharmacist,is not ur job, pharmacist and nurses are well knowledgeable in drugs than doctors,if u are a doctor practicing abroad,u will bear witness to what I just said, as far as our health sector in this country is concerned,ur life is in God,our health sectors will dissapoint u, some of u give excuses that is because of lack of money that they act like that,is a big lie, health workers are passionate people,if u don't have passions for life,then u gat no buisness in the field,is sacrificial,money is good,but if is money is ur driving force,then u have failed woefully. lots of private hospitals do nothing than to employ quack nurses,who put people's life in danger, if only we have a good working health lawyers,lots of nonsense happening will not happen,good working government,who is willing to seize the licence of any careless health worker like is done is abroad. I have lots of stories about how bad some of our doctors are,but I rather stop here,divine health which am a beneficiary of is the ultimate,is in Jesus Christ.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by SwagPower: 5:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
Drsmiles:
Don’t worry They really rotten That’s why other countries are harvesting them and they’re doing well Soon you won’t have them to misdiagnose you again Then you’d understand what a proper hospital bill costs
Doc, Nigerians only learn by experience ..
Allow them to continue the doctor -Bashing...
Time eventually sets things right ..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by midnighter(f): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
shege45:

It's actually common for people with undiagnosed pain to be given treatment for mental illness. Even abroad they do make that mistake. You just have to keep insisting on it until you get an answer
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by trilobite: 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
passion007:

My dear, your post is very ignorant if I'm honest.

It can convince other ignorant nigerians who are too reluctant to ask pertinent questions, but not any one with a rational mind.

Theres nothing like a pulse checking machine to confirm death. Death is the absence of life and human beings have been good at that for decades. Now you tell me someone had no signs of life for three days and received one American wonder drug and popped right back to life.

Seriously?

I didn't say he brought a drug from America!!!

Wait, so you have not seen a machine that measures the heart beat of unconscious patients?!! The problem is in your statement " had no signs of life" how did they confirm? That is the beef of my story!! They didn't properly confirm that she was dead before saying so.

This mistake is not totally unusual.

Okay.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by SwagPower: 6:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
DECLAN2015:

May he needs surgery for headache.
Head tranaplant
...Lol..The moment I saw that comment I couldn't take the thread seriously again..But DOC u get tym sha....You deh follow they answer this half baked rants U on leave?..

Person get headache them give am ibuprofen, a potent med for headache and he concludes the DOC doesn't know jack! grin

U know the Nigerian DOC is an easy target..They can come online and bash DOCs and be sure there won't be any reprisals.. (cos these same DOCs they villify are busy saving lives, neglecting their own health and families..)

it's typical to hear a Nigerian brag about how they've not been to the hospital in forever..

then 2yrs down d line this same boaster is on admission for end stage kidney failure..

they bastardise their systems with so many local herbs and concobtions ..these things have long term side effects that they don't see till later in life...

Now the same DOCs they bashed will have to avoid sleep like the plague, punch in more hours, ignore theer kids and wives to save the lives of these ingrates..

When they get well ,the pastor takes the praise. If as a result of their long years of self abuse they give up the ghost..the DOCs takes the roles of Satan...

It's been added to the Hippocratic oath ...take care of yoursef as a DOC..no go kill yoursef say u dey save patient live...Cos whether It turns out good or bad..u remain the villain in their ignorant tales ..

Cheersgrin

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
Like I don’t know that ?
AlphaT1:

Always contact your doctor first, but once a prescription is handed to you, head straight to the pharmacist....It is important to always ensure your prescriptions or medications are vetted by a pharmacist...
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
And when did I say pharmacologist save anyone , you can’t read
DECLAN2015:

How did pharmacologist save.people just like exaggerating things to make themselves feel good.
Re: Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors by lebete3000: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2019
midnighter:

Lol. You for leave some remain for your countrymen na

The leftovers wey no geh the brain pass exams can stay behind.

No intelligent doc demserves to suffer this much in med school, and still continue to suffer in the hands of horrible Nigerians till he dies.

It's no wonder kids don't fancy school anymore, cos you're seen as a nobody if you no be politician, pastor, soldier, musician or footballer.

Abeg make we leave naija for these ones, go where Academic Professionals are still revered and desired...

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Unknown Patient At National Hospital, Abuja...( See His Photo) / Tragedy As FAAN Staff Collapses And Dies At Lagos Airport (Photos) / 8 months after wedding, Corper dies minutes after welcoming baby girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.