Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss (45645 Views)

How Do I Block My SIM Card And Bank Accounts Linked To The Line? / Allen Onyema: MEND Backs US Prosecution Of Air Peace Boss / Profile Of Allen Onyema (CEO Of Air Peace) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by voltron14: 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Nonymine:

Abi o. We're suppose to condemn any act of fraud and persuade the accused to proving his innocence rather than point out our ethnic shortcomings and using racism as a smoke screen. This is indeed embarrassing on a continental level! Given his role / efforts during the xenophobia violence in SA.

South Africans would soon be laughing at us.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by sizer07: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
IamR:

That is my problem with the USA. I just hope and pray that Onyema comes out clean.

If he Come out clean he shd sue them for defamation Asap. But if found guilty them he most face the law
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Sunrise258: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
I'm afraid this man is going down. USA will never take you to court and labeled you a fraud if you are not. USA is always careful when dealing with Nigerians. It knows Nigerians are smart hence, years of underground investigations must have been exercised before things get to this stage. This man dare not travel to USA for now. Better stay here in our Nigeria and maintain your innocence like Atiku, Sen. Buruji Kashamu n co. Otherwise, you go help Invictus Obi's family deliver their msg to their son over there o.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2019
voltron14:

South Africans would soon be laughing at us.
They equally have their own corruption cases they're dealing with, so they can laugh all they want. Besides, it's an indictment. Nobody holy
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by foreshore(m): 3:30pm On Nov 23, 2019

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
Sunrise258:
I'm afraid this man is going down. USA will never take you to court and labeled you a fraud if you are not. USA is always careful when dealing with Nigerians. It knows Nigerians are smart hence, years of underground investigations must have been exercised before things get to this stage. This man dare not travel to USA for now. Better stay here in our Nigeria and maintain your innocence like Atiku, Sen. Buruji Kashamu n co. Otherwise, you go help Invictus Obi's family deliver their msg to their son over there o.
Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by kunmiiii: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
LegendHero:

Well let’s see how things unfold. The warrant of arrest is already issued tho.
Yea, just checked...for them to get an indictment, that means thousands of hours of meticulous investigation must have been in play, so DOJ must have compelling evidence to nail him to a stake! He has very few options left and going to jail is topping the list, the question now is for how long.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by khalids: 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
SonofDevil:
investigation has been on since 2010 and was concluded in 2018. Trust me they have evidences against him before they can go to court to issue warrant of arrest and seize the $14m in the accounts linked to him

Yeah right....Just the same way they had evidence agains Huawei, Iraq etc.......

Oga, they are human like us.....sometimes they make mistakes and sometimes they have ulterior motives....

Oyema should go to court if he has his evidence and if he is innocent, the govt using all deplomatic/legal means should back him and ensure he is compensated for the defamation and also ensure nothing happens to his business

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by BotherMleeper(m): 3:33pm On Nov 23, 2019
TechCapon:
Buhari has only two options in this matter, put his foot down like a man and tell the US to fvck off (exactly what Russia and China would have done) or unleash EFCC to effect the arrest of Allen Onyeama and throw him to the dogs to face prosecution in the US.

I think Buhari will go for the second option not because he's a coward but because Nigeria cannot afford to lose the good relationship it has with the US. All those foreign aid worth billions of dollars are worth more than a single individual.

Yeah

I bet Buhari can scare the US off and make them not uphold their laws

undecided
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Kennyswagzz: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
Simplep:
I love that country,they don't waste time in taking actions at all.i wish we have that kind of system here,all these yahoo boys and pastors would have been nabbed and dealt with....
America amaka. kiss
I swear I so much love America..
The greatest nation on earth

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by saajus: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
Why na. How many rich Nigerians have they accused of fraud? The US investigators are not like ours. Sometimes they allow illegal activities to run for years so that they can have concrete evidence. Their criminal lawyers are very smart, so if they don't have good evidence, It will just be a futile exercise.
zoeA:
the US now believes any outrageously rich Nigerian na fraudster

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by drakeli: 3:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
BleedTears:

LOL diversion. If it where some killos it will be understandable but tons of cocaine to worth $1.3B

Liberia Flag bearer hahaha because JP will be so dumb not to find and escape route in case it backfires just as it backfired.

Anyway that's story for another day

Nigerians and mediocrity. Did you read in the news article that the ship is run by a Swiss based Mediterranean Shipping Company and not JPMorgan. And that JPMorgan does not control the operation of the ship. JPMorgan as a financial institution financed the purchase of the ship. That makes the ship property of JPMorgan until the shipping company are able to fully pay back JPMorgan for the ship it helped them to finance its purchase.

You don’t understand how property purchase is undergone in the US. JPMorgan can finance your morgage. The house is a property of JPMorgan or the bank that finance it until you are through with reimbursing them back. That’s how people buy properties in the US. That’s what JPMorgan does. You don’t even know what JPMorgan does in the first place .

The ship belongs to the Swiss company. But in the eyes of the US law, the ship is JPMorgan property since the Swiss co is still owing for its purchase. JPMorgan can repossess the ship if payment is not made in full.

You are just saying what you have no knowledge of

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by philip0906(m): 3:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
BleedTears:

LOL diversion. If it where some killos it will be understandable but tons of cocaine to worth $1.3B

Liberia Flag bearer hahaha because JP will be so dumb not to find and escape route in case it backfires just as it backfired.

Anyway that's story for another day
My friend, that news was reported by the American media, not a Nigerian media outlet.

The raid was carried out by American authorities.

If America didn't want you to know about it, you won't know not to talk of even having any link to share. Stop all the conspiracy theories and face reality.

America is not Nigeria, they protect their citizens and frown at any form of fraud carried out by anyone. There are lots of American wall street execs and wealthy men in federal prisons for fraud.

Onyeama, has zero value to the American authorities. He allegedly committed fraud in their country, that's why they need him.

Stop all the conspiracy theories and witch hunt tales.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by hammerD: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
LMAO!

JUST COUPLE OF DAYS AFTER YORUBAKWE PUBLICLY ATTACKED AIR PEACE, NOW ALL THIS.

I AM VERY CERTAIN, IT IS ALL A MIX UP AND ONYEMA WILL BE VINDICATED.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by bluefilm: 3:47pm On Nov 23, 2019
Na wa o!

So this man and Invictus Obinwanne been dey attend the same lectures in Fraudology and pesin no even know sef?

Na wa for all these our "billionaires" sef.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by philip0906(m): 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2019
drakeli:

Nigerians and mediocrity. Did you read in the news article that the ship is run by a Swiss based Mediterranean Shipping Company and not JPMorgan. And that JPMorgan does not control the operation of the ship. JPMorgan as a financial institution financed the purchase of the ship. That makes the ship property of JPMorgan until the shipping company are able to fully pay back JPMorgan for the ship it helped them to finance its purchase.

You don’t understand how property purchase is undergone in the US. JPMorgan can finance your morgage. The house is a property of JPMorgan or the bank that finance it until you are through with reimbursing them back. That’s how people buy properties in the US. That’s what JPMorgan does. You don’t even know what JPMorgan does in the first place .

You are just saying what you have no knowledge of

First question you would have asked him is who carried out the raid? Nigerian drug enforcement agents? grin or which media outlets reported the bust? Maybe vanguard newspaper.

They just sit down and spill all sorts of beer parlor tales.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Switruth: 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
hustla:

Cos it's the case 95% of the time
.. And trust me, they won't go on a seizing spree if they haven't scrutinized everything well

The FBI isn't efcc or dss, they do their work diligently
. Shut up. The world government hates competition.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by kikake: 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2019
Is that all?
Ethnic profiling originating from home.
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2019
philip0906:

First question you would have asked him is who carried out the raid? Nigerian drug enforcement agents? grin or which media outlets reported the bust? Maybe vanguard newspaper.

They just sit down and spill all sorts of beer parlor tales.
Na indomie dey the guy head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Dee60: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
You read people here already accusing US that they are doing it because the chief is rich and he is a Nigerian.

Let the same people tune to CNN right now and see how the same US is tearing apart its own President! Trump is being accused left right and centre and the onus is on this president now to prove his innocence.

8 years of investigations? Chief has to prove his innocence otherwise he dare not step outside Nigeria again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by gassbee: 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2019
Bros Onyeama think say bros Trump dey joke
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by frowland(m): 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
[s]
TechCapon:
Buhari has only two options in this matter, put his foot down like a man and tell the US to fvck off (exactly what Russia and China would have done) or unleash EFCC to effect the arrest of Allen Onyeama and throw him to the dogs to face prosecution in the US.

I think Buhari will go for the second option not because he's a coward but because Nigeria cannot afford to lose the good relationship it has with the US. All those foreign aid worth billions of dollars are worth more than a single individual.
[/s]

What a complete and utter bollocks.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by drskyfly007(m): 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2019
WHAT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND ABOUT CEO OF AIRPEACE ALLEN ONYEMA US FRAUD ALLEGATION:

Facts to understand from the publication.

1. Allen was not accused of defrauding anyone

Go and read it again. He didn’t defraud not even a pink person not to talk of Oyibo through internet fraud.

2. These were transfers made from Nigerian banks through the formal channels.

Now, Nigerian banks are extremely cautious for any Nigerian bank to move upto $20m from Nigeria to an account in the US under a documentary LC, trust they would have executed their thorough due diligence.

If Allen was hiding anything he wouldn't go through this formal channel.

3. If a large amount of money keeps coming into the UK or USA from places like Nigeria, because of our reputation, usually banks will raise a red alert, because of Money laundering policies, you will come and explain.
if they can't get you or your documents aren't flowing well they will escalate it to the Authorities.
Which in America, IRS is amongst the many authorities.

I once worked as a PMO analyst in a bank in the UK and our project was launching a system that raises alert of money transfers from outside the UK and initial steps the bank must take even if it legit at the end of the investigation.

4. Hence, this is an issue with IRS.(pls google IRS, don’t ask me)

All business that has any dealing with American banks will at some point have an issue with them, that organization can have an issue with you just because you missed one of their calls.
Ask those of us in the UK, how HMRC disturbs our life with Tax.
Na same mama and Papa born them. Collecting money (Tax) or declaring they don't understand how your money is coming gives them orgasm �

5. This isn't something that happened now, it is was an ongoing investigation, whoever that is trying to make this popular now, by sharing the story, has his own agenda. Could be competitors or some wannabe

6. If this was as bad as your Nigerians want to believe it FBI would have been involved, instead, it is DEA, which doesn't make sense, why is DEA Involved? this isn't a drug related issue. �

7. This isn’t a Nigerian political thing, everything is not APC and PDP or Biafra related �.
No, it isn't, they just need some clarification from him about some documents they think is falsified, once he shows up which I believe he will, all these will be cleared.
IRS doesn't do politics, they go after anyone they feel is owing or hasn't explained some transactions. Many big businesses have had issues with them at some point. Even a whole President Trump had issues with them.

Stop running around sharing the headline and calling him a fraud, without reading line by line the said publication to fully comprehend, it makes you look like a daft in this 2019��

Expand your horizon.

Copied

3 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2019
TechCapon:

Russia and China have no extradition treaty with US. Nigeria has and must honour the agreement.

2 Likes

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by BabaAduras: 4:02pm On Nov 23, 2019
zoeA:
the US now believes any outrageously rich Nigerian na fraudster

It is not only US that believe our outrageously rich Nigerians are fraudsters.

I am a Nigerian and I believe MOST of the outrageously rich are either fraudsters, bank loan defaulters or thieves (looters of our commonwealth).

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Omoodua007: 4:05pm On Nov 23, 2019
USA is jealous of the “greatness” of the Igbo man
We were already “dominating” the USA and owning 78% of their lands

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Skepticus: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
philip0906:

My friend, that news was reported by the American media, not a Nigerian media outlet.

The raid was carried out by American authorities.

If America didn't want you to know about it, you won't know not to talk of even having any link to share. Stop all the conspiracy theories and face reality.

America is not Nigeria, they protect their citizens and frown at any form of fraud carried out by anyone. There are lots of American wall street execs and wealthy men in federal prisons for fraud.

Onyeama, has zero value to the American authorities. He allegedly committed fraud in their country, that's why they need him.

Stop all the conspiracy theories and witch hunt tales.

I tire for our people oooo.

Since the indictment wasn't done by Nigerian where it's comfortable for them to spin their tribalistic bias, they blame it on some stupid conspiracies or some so-called misdeeds of the FBI from time of the Iraqi war. How foolish can some Nigerians be? Some in their display of ultimate stupidity are even threatening the US with Book Haram!!

Walahi, Nigerians deserve worse leaders than the dunces they currently parade.

Even if we are to believe these conspiracy theories, how relevant is the CEO of Air Peace to the US government, who is not a Forbes rated millionaire sef.

With the likelihood of the average Nigerian to be shady, it will take more than a miracle to fully escape this indictment.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Wettoid123: 4:10pm On Nov 23, 2019
to be wealthy invoives alot of shit that is the fact,

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by wink2015(m): 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
drskyfly007:
WHAT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND ABOUT CEO OF AIRPEACE ALLEN ONYEMA US FRAUD ALLEGATION:

Go and read it again. He didn’t defraud not even a pink person not to talk of Oyibo through internet fraud.

Now, Nigerian banks are extremely cautious for any Nigerian bank to move upto $20m from Nigeria to an account in the US under a documentary LC, trust they would have executed their thorough due diligence.

3. If a large amount of money keeps coming into the UK or USA from places like Nigeria, because of our reputation, usually banks will raise a red alert, because of Money laundering policies, you will come and explain.
if they can't get you or your documents aren't flowing well they will escalate it to the Authorities.

I once worked as a PMO analyst in a bank in the UK and our project was launching a system that raises alert of money transfers from outside the UK and initial steps the bank must take even if it legit at the end of the investigation.

All business that has any dealing with American banks will at some point have an issue with them, that organization can have an issue with you just because you missed one of their calls.
Na same mama and Papa born them. Collecting money (Tax) or declaring they don't understand how your money is coming gives them orgasm �

5. This isn't something that happened now, it is was an ongoing investigation, whoever that is trying to make this popular now, by sharing the story, has his own agenda. Could be competitors or some wannabe

6. If this was as bad as your Nigerians want to believe it FBI would have been involved, instead, it is DEA, which doesn't make sense, why is DEA Involved? this isn't a drug related issue. �

7. This isn’t a Nigerian political thing, everything is not APC and PDP or Biafra related �.
No, it isn't, they just need some clarification from him about some documents they think is falsified, once he shows up which I believe he will, all these will be cleared.
IRS doesn't do politics, they go after anyone they feel is owing or hasn't explained some transactions. Many big businesses have had issues with them at some point. Even a whole President Trump had issues with them.

Stop running around sharing the headline and calling him a fraud, without reading line by line the said publication to fully comprehend, it makes you look like a daft in this 2019��

Expand your horizon.

Copied

Nice share !
Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by abbey621(m): 4:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
drskyfly007:

Expand your horizon.

Copied

Stop it already, do you know what it takes to get a judge to sign off on a warrant in the USA? Tax evasion or the appearance of is a huge issue in America, any company that does business with the USA must pay taxes. Evasion of taxes is fraud and a felony punishable by 10 years in jail or more depending on the severity.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by ajl: 4:21pm On Nov 23, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

I have seen on this forum the poor and average rise to the defense of the super rich yet he is defended by no one. Poverty have no relative.

Many top Nigeria business men and women have no honour. They launder taxpayers funds for different politicians.

The day the wind will blow over Dangote, the poor will learn never to sing the praises of those whose history of little beginnings were never documented.

Richdad

So, Dangote is someone that came out from no where and became a billionaire, gbam, just like that. He has been in business for more than 40 years. I suppose they are still investigating him. You people have been sold the idea by the West that none of you is trustworthy, and you are buying into that. Come sit down and watch crime stories on US TV or on YouTube. You will run away from an average Oyinbo man.

Some say they have been investigating Onyeama since 2010, and few months after he help moved Nigerians from South Africa free of charge, they just suddenly completed investigations. You trust these people so much. See I have been living among them for close to 2 decades, and all the lies they sell you folks back home won't in the ears of individuals like us.

1 Like

Re: Allen Onyema: U.S. Seizes $14 Million In Bank Accounts Linked To Air Peace Boss by Magicians: 4:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
If I heat

Tipster07:
We give loan to Business Around Ajah , sangotedo, Awoyaya and Environs

We can give your Business up to 50m

Minimum procedure,

Low interest,

Speed ( within ) 48hrs

Kindly check my number on my signature

Ayokellany

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The War Between GTBank And Innoson Motors Explained By Adeyanju Deji / CBN Devalues Naira To 630/$1 / Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.