Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Please Advice Me On My Family Issue - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advice Me On My Family Issue (4494 Views)

Please Help Me Sort Out This Family Issue Guys!!! / Family Issue / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:51am On Nov 25, 2019
akoraye:

Thanks but I'm talking about is the my wife passed a night in her mother's house and the mother did not deem it fit to ask me why
because you did not called to know if she with her,you should have called your wife and if she didnt pick up is another thing an adage says (ejo la ko ka to ko ja )you must learn defensive words before you fight what if terrible things had happened to her on her way

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2019
Well, some men will always be the skirt in a relationship, whether we like it or not. Tough luck.

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by akoraye(m): 1:50pm On Nov 25, 2019
theButterfly:
That's not a bad idea but it should be a mutual/joint effort. You're clearly the one who always tries to make peace when she's at fault, which is why she'll continue to behave in this manner. You should be more concerned about nipping her bad behavior in the bud before it worsens and holding her accountability for her actions, otherwise you'll always be the one apologizing when she's wrong. Your attempt to apologize after she hung up on you instead of her calling you back to apologize or at least give you the same courtesy, and to shift the blame to the mother shows you're the one who has been encouraging it. When people become adults, they likewise become responsible for their own actions. You cannot be blaming her mother for being a single mother or for not asking you why the daughter passed the night at her place. It's not the mother's responsibility to be asking you why she was there [she could've even assumed you knew about it] or giving you any explanation.

That's true. Thanks.
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by akoraye(m): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
Sanchez01:

Like I earlier mentioned, it is your home and you shouldn't even be bothered about why the mother hasn't called you.

She probably painted a picture that all wasn't well with you guys, which was why she went over there.

You waiting for your MIL to call you is almost the same as you wanting her to step in and resolve the situation. She shouldn't. For all it's worth, she might have been rebuked and even cautioned by her mother for acting the way she did, who knows?

Kindly make peace and settle whatever it is with her. She should be your focus, not your MIL or your friend.
Alright Thanks
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by akoraye(m): 1:56pm On Nov 25, 2019
Richy4:
If this was what really happened, then you married a first class brat sorry to say it aloud.I don't know the word to use because it's annoying .. She should be very happy that she met and married a level headed guy who has the decency to apologise to her even when you were not wrong.. I don't know why I have the feeling that you were always quick to apologise that's why she was always waiting for it.

Just being curious, was that an Oxford or Cambridge exams that she went to write?

She must be really really beautiful for u to take this nonsense.. I don't know if u truly know the meaning of locking someone out deliberately. It means whatever happened to u, I don't care. U deserve what comes to u.. just so you know. U can take all the crap but don't take when someone wants to in danger your life in the name of love.

I will suggest that you sit her down and let her know that the sun those not rise and set because she said so.. In a cool but steady voice let her know that you will never tolerate that kinda behaviour especially the one of locking u outside.. After saying that storm inside the bedroom, take your car keys and drive to the ocean, river or stream. Water has a way of calming people down.. Don't go to the bar..

If she doesn't apologise when u get back, Ignore her to register your displeasure... If she serves u food eat it, after eating wash the plate yourself without a word...For the first time, this situation warrant 1 day of silent treatment.. let her initiate the talking this time around.. Don't jump into talking to her yet and observe what her reactions would be. If she apologises, take it immediately. If she doesn't ignore her and observe her some more.
This is how to Educate a brat who thinks the world revolves around her.

Also try and make another copy of the house keys.

Thanks so much. On the issue of locking out, She knew that I had my own spare key on me. Not that I didn't sleep at home that night, I absolutely slept at home because I had my own spare key with me.
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by akoraye(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2019
hakeemhakeem:

because you did not called to know if she with her,you should have called your wife and if she didnt pick up is another thing an adage says (ejo la ko ka to ko ja )you must learn defensive words before you fight what if terrible things had happened to her on her way

You are right. Thanks
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Richy4(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
akoraye:

Thanks so much. On the issue of locking out, She knew that I had my own spare key on me. Not that I didn't sleep at home that night, I absolutely slept at home because I had my own spare key with me.

Oh!! Ok then. You got me confused.. I thought you were left stranded infront of your home....So now, I don't understand the second issues that u raised.. Let us just pause the first issues which was the calling accusations for a while..which to me is her being a wife.

Why was this thread created? were you angry that your wife was not at home when she was surposed to be there or that she did not welcome you and pet you so much for coming back by 9:25, What do you want? Explain it to me as if I was an 8 year old..Because if you want people to help you bash your wife, you came to the right forum.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by akoraye(m): 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2019
Richy4:

Oh!! Ok then. You got me confused.. I thought you were left stranded infront of your home....So now, I don't understand the second issues that u raised.. Let us just pause the first issues which was the calling accusations for a while..which to me is her being a wife.

Why was this thread created? were you angry that your wife was not at home when she was surposed to be there or that she did not welcome you and pet you so much for coming back by 9:25, What do you want? Explain it to me as if I was an 8 year old..Because if you want people to help you bash your wife, you came to the right forum.

� What I'm saying is that since then 1my MIL has not asked me why my wife decided to come and pass a night in her house. 2. Her arrogance at home now is on a high side purposely because I decided not to behave funny!
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Lonelypacifist6: 3:39pm On Nov 25, 2019
Acidosis:

1. [b]When you marry a woman raised by a single mother, you need to read some special books, take on some special training/lessons,[/b]and exhibit special characters. The modalities required for living with one with a father figure are completely different bro. With a father figure, she wouldn't even dare to leave your house in the first place. This is why some men avoid women like your wife.

2. Are you sure she actually slept in her mother's house?

3. It is possible she lied to her mother as per her reasons for sleeping over at her place. So keep calm till you get the details.
Seriously the bolded is completely true but unfortunately there's no such book, My MIL Raised 4 girls alone From 3 different fathers that woman is strong
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by content208: 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
akoraye:
Nairalanders I will like to go straight to my point in order not to waste your time. I'm married with children, my wife is the only child of her single mother, we used to have little issues since our wedding which I believe it's a natural thing in marriage and I have been managing them. My wife is not a wayward type which I've confirmed to some extent but a very stubborn one. Straight to the point now! last three weeks she traveled for an exam and I went to work that morning after 3 hours that she left,she called me to challenge me that I've not deem it fit to call her to know how she is doing and she dropped the call immediately she accused me, I picked my phone Immediately to apologise to her which decided not to pick my call till she came back. Since then she has started to behave arrogantly at home and I didn't want to report the issue to her mother. Three days ago I went to a friend's party/ceremony which she knew about and I came back around 9:25pm only to meet my house door locked and my wife was no where to be found, I decided not to call her because I was quite sure she has gone to her mother's house to sleep (first time since our wedding though) She eventually came back the following morning and went straight to her shop which I built for her in front of the house without even coming inside if I'm there or not. I just kept my calm, expecting her mother's action about it because I believe courtesy demands her mother to ask me why her daughter could do such but up till now the mother has not asked me anything which I told a friend which my friend told me to exercise patient but I'm not convenient of her arrogance at home. Please advise me because I don't want do any stupid thing but I'm infuriated which I'm finding difficult to calm.

You are clearly not sure if she was at her mother's place or not. You should have called when you reached home and didn't meet her.
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by yeyeosoronga: 4:35pm On Nov 25, 2019
akoraye:

Thanks but I'm talking about is the my wife passed a night in her mother's house and the mother did not deem it fit to ask me why

There's nothing wrong in an adult visiting his/her parents and sleeping over. She didnt spend more than 1 night, and that shouldn't raise any suspicions. If you were so concerned, why didn't you call your mother-in-law to find out if your wife slept at her place?
Why do you expect MIL to call you, to find out why your wife decided to visit her and sleep over?
You didnt see your wife (who has never spent a night outside your home) all through the night and you weren't concerned enough to find out if she had an accident or she has eloped to the Carribean, yet you want her mother to call you and find out why she has come to visit her and spend the night ( and probably also went with your child there too).
Pls free your MIL from you people's problem, and learn to settle it amongst yourselves

8 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Richy4(m): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
akoraye:

� What I'm saying is that since then 1my MIL has not asked me why my wife decided to come and pass a night in her house. 2. Her arrogance at home now is on a high side purposely because I decided not to behave funny!

OK bro. I will start with the second issue that you raised which was arrogance.. Hmmm!!!
Let us look at Nigerian population, how many numbers were single ladies in Nigeria? So Out of those single ladies population, u saw her, chose her, had a relationship with her, and decided to marry her.. Meaning that u saw all the arrogant tendencies, attitude problem and u went ahead and got married.... So why are you complaining now?
Please don't tell me that she was not like that when you were courting her because only a 5 year old might believe that

Now the second issue which was your mother inlaw, Has it occurred to you that maybe she doesn't want to interfere in her daughter's marriage anymore so that she won't end up being single? Besides if your wife was not picking your calls, did u call your mother inlaw that your wife's phone was not reachable that u wanted to know if she was there...

I will suggest that you let the sleeping dog lie.. Don't use your hands to invite third parties into your marriage. It will make the marriage over crowded. U have already started listening to friends telling u that your wife may or may not has slept in her mother's house.. U are simply inviting trouble for yourself and your relationship if u keep up with telling however that cares to listen what was transpiring at your home... U know your Wife better than anyone that was trying to sow a seed of discord between you two. Be careful. I think I'm done. Have a wonderful day.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Kirinwa: 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
akoraye:

Thanks! we used to communicate well whenever we are in good terms. she's too stubborn

Does she still cook for you and sleep with you? Your attitude towards her determines her response. Overlook her flaws and work on calling her anytime she travels. She's a drama Queen though.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Kirinwa: 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2019
akoraye:

Ask you why her daughter came to visit and pass the night with her?
Like seriously.

Dude are you kidding me?

6 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Kirinwa: 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Seriously the bolded is completely true but unfortunately there's no such book, My MIL Raised 4 girls alone From 3 different fathers that woman is strong

Strong or wayward?
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Tocynone(m): 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2019
My advice: Pls swallow your pride and beg/embrace your wife. I know it’s hard, but trust me you’ll win. Patience is a virtue our fathers used as a tool to control their actions when furious with our mothers and that’s why they live longer than our present generation (Fact).
Try and act like a dummy while you execute whatever plan you have in mind. If not for any reason but the kids.

I feel your pain from experience, but pls be patient

3 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Lonelypacifist6: 12:54am On Nov 26, 2019
Kirinwa:

Strong or wayward?
Apparently the men wanted Male children from her and when she couldn't produce male they chased her out.
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Nobody: 1:13am On Nov 26, 2019
U really want peace in your home yet u have already started pointing accusing fingers on your MIL.
Smh undecided

7 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by baby124: 2:31am On Nov 26, 2019
OP,
You are rude and condescending. See how you described your wife and her parents status? If you knew that marrying a woman who was raised by a single mother was a problem then why marry her? I am sure for you to mention this on a public forum with so much ease, you must say it to her face. This is why her mother is an easy target for you to use to deflect from your communication issues with your wife! Keep your MIL out of your issues.

If my child came to my house and needed a place to stay, I will grant her a place to stay. She’s an adult and can decide if she wants me to be involved in her issues or not.

8 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Rubby007: 6:37am On Nov 26, 2019
crackhaus:

cheesycheesy

This is why I love being around people with a very peculiar orientation.
If that woman was married to some people I know, she will continue sleeping in her mother's house until the same mother calls to ask what is going on... then the family meeting can commence from there. cheesy

The first question they will ask the mother is, what kind of responsible mother receives her married daughter into her home for the night without at least calling up her son-in-law to confirm his knowledge of it?
well to me my thought is maybe her mummy played a big row in her returning back home the following day don't let us judge her base on assumption
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by kaziblake(f): 6:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Acidosis:

1. When you marry a woman raised by a single mother, you need to read some special books, take on some special training/lessons, and exhibit special characters. The modalities required for living with one with a father figure are completely different bro. With a father figure, she wouldn't even dare to leave your house in the first place. This is why some men avoid women like your wife.

2. Are you sure she actually slept in her mother's house?

3. It is possible she lied to her mother as per her reasons for sleeping over at her place. So keep calm till you get the details.
I thought you were more matured than.. This comment is so disappointing or do you wanna spoil his marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by kaziblake(f): 6:42am On Nov 26, 2019
akoraye:

Alright thanks
Bringing your issue here is the worst you have done sir.. These little kids will just put stupid ideas into your head and in the process can ruin your marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Acidosis(m): 7:18am On Nov 26, 2019
kaziblake:
I thought you were more matured than.. This comment is so disappointing or do you wanna spoil his marriage?

How do you solve your problems? Confront your realities and have them dealt with or pretend like your problems don't exist because you don't want to spoil something?

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't know how else to explain or justify the reasons a married woman will choose to ignore her husband, and abandon her matrimonial home for her mama's house.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Acidosis(m): 7:21am On Nov 26, 2019
baby124:
OP,
You are rude and condescending. See how you described your wife and her parents status? If you knew that marrying a woman who was raised by a single mother was a problem then why marry her? I am sure for you to mention this on a public forum with so much ease, you must say it to her face. This is why her mother is an easy target for you to use to deflect from your communication issues with your wife! Keep your MIL out of your issues.

If my child came to my house and needed a place to stay, I will grant her a place to stay. She’s an adult and can decide if she wants me to be involved in her issues or not.

Na dem. Why won't your daughter in laws hate you all. Your married son will walk to your home to pass the night, leaving his wife and kids behind and you will grant him a space without questioning? You wouldn't call his wife (your so called daughter) that he left behind at home?

Who raised you--people??

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by NoToPile: 7:27am On Nov 26, 2019
Lool seems you want to pinpoint this problem on the fact that her mum was a single mum, your wife was raised by a single mum.

Thats not nice, wifey could have told her mum an entirely different story, the poor woman may not even be aware of all these brouhaha.

Address the issue you have with your wife, leave out the old woman's status.

Maybe you dont get what you are saying on this thread , you are insinuating that its because your mother inlaw is a single mother thats why she didnt call you to ask why your wife spent a night at her place.

You are more bothered about the call than resolving whatever issue you have with your wife.

The mother might even know the story and was even was the one that told her to go back home at dawn.

Imagine the nonsense you are doing.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by akoraye(m): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2019
Richy4:

OK bro. I will start with the second issue that you raised which was arrogance.. Hmmm!!!
Let us look at Nigerian population, how many numbers were single ladies in Nigeria? So Out of those single ladies population, u saw her, chose her, had a relationship with her, and decided to marry her.. Meaning that u saw all the arrogant tendencies, attitude problem and u went ahead and got married.... So why are you complaining now?
Please don't tell me that she was not like that when you were courting her because only a 5 year old might believe that

Now the second issue which was your mother inlaw, Has it occurred to you that maybe she doesn't want to interfere in her daughter's marriage anymore so that she won't end up being single? Besides if your wife was not picking your calls, did u call your mother inlaw that your wife's phone was not reachable that u wanted to know if she was there...

I will suggest that you let the sleeping dog lie.. Don't use your hands to invite third parties into your marriage. It will make the marriage over crowded. U have already started listening to friends telling u that your wife may or may not has slept in her mother's house.. U are simply inviting trouble for yourself and your relationship if u keep up with telling however that cares to listen what was transpiring at your home... U know your Wife better than anyone that was trying to sow a seed of discord between you two. Be careful. I think I'm done. Have a wonderful day.

Thanks! I told her mother that I've been calling my and she's not picking it which my MIL aswered me that she just spoke to her daughter not quite long that she will soon come. Meaning she could pick up her mother's call and neglected mine.
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by akoraye(m): 7:38am On Nov 26, 2019
baby124:
OP,

Good
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by crackhaus: 7:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Rubby007:
well to me my thought is maybe her mummy played a big row in her returning back home the following day don't let us judge her base on assumption
This is a very good angle.
It's very possible her mother was the one who urged her to return to her husband's house the next day.

I honestly cannot understand how a responsible woman will not want to find out why her married daughter suddenly drops in to spend the night.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by akoraye(m): 7:40am On Nov 26, 2019
Acidosis:

Na dem. Why won't your daughter in laws hate you all. Your married son will walk to your home to pass the night, leaving his wife and kids behind and you will grant him a space without questioning? You wouldn't call his wife (your so called daughter) that he left behind at home?

Who raised you--people??

Hmnnnn
Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by baby124: 8:05am On Nov 26, 2019
Acidosis:

Who raised you--people??
Why will you marry a woman you cannot talk to? Without blaming all the forces in the universe for your problems? In-laws should not be EXPECTED to force themselves into your business except you call them into it and it’s a life or death issue. Leave the mother alone and learn to face your issues squarely. What even concerns the OP with the mothers relationship issue I can’t even imagine the guts of people like you! You think because a family accepted you by marriage gives you the right to come in to judge their lives and blame them for your problems? I don’t care if my daughter in laws hate me o.

If my son needs a place to stay and he shows up at my house, I will give him a place to stay and feed him. He is my son and I will not cast him out when he needs me. I trust him to bring me in when necessary. I know my place. Same daughter in law will hate me for always intruding in their business and trying to control her home with unsolicited intrusion.

By the way, who raised you? They obviously did not do a good job for you to go around asking people that question. You are a silly boy.

9 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by crackhaus: 8:54am On Nov 26, 2019
akoraye:

Thanks! I told her mother that I've been calling my and she's not picking it which my MIL aswered me that she just spoke to her daughter not quite long that she will soon come. Meaning she could pick up her mother's call and neglected mine.
Expand on this.

It's possible she already knows about the disagreement and advised her daughter to return to you. In which case, there is no need for her to discuss it with you again - she has done her part and left the rest for both of you to settle.

Your initial statements gave the impression that your MIL has done nothing regarding the matter.

6 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me On My Family Issue by Fountainofyouth(f): 9:36am On Nov 26, 2019
baby124:

Why will you marry a woman you cannot talk to? Without blaming all the forces in the universe for your problems? In-laws should not be EXPECTED to force themselves into your business except you call them into it and it’s a life or death issue. Leave the mother alone and learn to face your issues squarely. What even concerns the OP with the mothers relationship issue I can’t even imagine the guts of people like you! You think because a family accepted you by marriage gives you the right to come in to judge their lives and blame them for your problems? I don’t care if my daughter in laws hate me o.

If my son needs a place to stay and he shows up at my house, I will give him a place to stay and feed him. He is my son and I will not cast him out when he needs me. I trust him to bring me in when necessary. I know my place. Same daughter in law will hate me for always intruding in their business and trying to control her home with unsolicited intrusion.

By the way, who raised you? They obviously did not do a good job for you to go around asking people that question. You are a silly boy.

The moment the MIL allowed her daughter spend the night, she automatically made their business her business, the right thing to do is, the moment her daughter arrives her place, she should question her on what happened and send back home, in fact, the MIL will come along with her to the home and settle the dispute between the husband and wife, not allowing her spend the night without calling the husband, or is that how the wife will continue to run off to her mother whenever there is a misunderstanding? They have a kid of 8years, meaning the wife should be of age and the marriage isn't a new one so this bad attitude shouldn't be acceptable at all, as an elderly woman, the mother should have called or showed up to settle their differences.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"You Look Sexy" Is An Insult / What To Do About Brother In Law? Reflective Answere Only Please / Christmas Giveaway And Family Helping Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.