Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,735 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone (20008 Views)

I Regret Buying This Overrated Phone / How Can You Rationally Justify Spending N600,00 On A Phone? / I Regret Using ALAT By WEMA (the Biggest Mistake Ever Made By Me In 2019) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2019
gogeekish:

"In Antutu benchmark test, the leader in this list is the Snapdragon 439 with 80,855 points, second we have the Helio P22 with 76,855 points and lastly, we have the Snapdragon 450 with 73,855 points"

Reference: https://www.dealntech.com/snapdragon-439-vs-snapdragon-450-vs-helio-p22/

Bro.. If I were you, I will stop screwing myself up more and more by quitting the blind acclaims

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AmosAkins: 11:26pm On Dec 05, 2019
[quote author=Androidking post=84663439][/quote]

That is specs on paper
Aututu benchmark says it all grin

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 11:37pm On Dec 05, 2019
AmosAkins:

That is specs on paper
Aututu benchmark says it all grin

U see ur problems... I gave u evidence based on vote and pix. Now is paper review... Abegi make una go sit down.. Xiaomi is using old processor is 2019 same as Infinix that is where I am even going, coz u guys are always like p22 in 2019.. Bros 439 in 2019? For a 4gig ram phone. And 720p oh its even 8 mega pix with poor camera,.,.,. Xiaomi in 2019

I can dug up other xiaomi phones with older processor in 2019 too...

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AmosAkins: 12:53am On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:

U see ur problems... I gave u evidence based on vote and pix. Now is paper review... Abegi make una go sit down.. Xiaomi is using old processor is 2019 same as Infinix that is where I am even going, coz u guys are always like p22 in 2019.. Bros 439 in 2019? For a 4gig ram phone. And 720p oh its even 8 mega pix with poor camera,.,.,. Xiaomi in 2019

I can dug up other xiaomi phones with older processor in 2019 too...

Nah
I am not a Xiaomi fanboy grin grin grin

But
Make we no lie
Xiaomi is better
They just have poor marketing from ma point of view
But am beginning to dislike them undecided undecided
Why can't you Xiaomi users advertise your own in peace and leave transmission
Who go buy am go buy am wink

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 6:38am On Dec 06, 2019
AmosAkins:

Nah
I am not a Xiaomi fanboy grin grin grin

But
Make we no lie
Xiaomi is better
They just have poor marketing from ma point of view
But am beginning to dislike them undecided undecided
Why can't you Xiaomi users advertise your own in peace and leave transmission
Who go buy am go buy am wink

Don't hate xiaomi, no they are good, not d best, d problem is Nairaland users not even world users just Nigeria Nairaland users, because shop marketers will only tell u to buy xiaomi but won't preach it with confidence that its better than Tecno, inside Tecno shop dey wan die. cheesy cheesy grin

.but a Samsung marketer in side Tecno shop can scream Samsung is better no one will do any things..

These warriors are only online warriors and especially on Nairaland,
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by meshachdbuzz(m): 7:04am On Dec 06, 2019
AlphaStyles:
Unless you bought a fake one and u bought a phone of 40k don't expect updates even not all Android phones have Android 9 and in terms of updates don't expect updates on itel,Infinix and Tecno phones they make budget friendly phones for users who don't want to spend too much all though they need to improve

Wat are u saying? 40k phone shouldn't be updated haha I can give u list of phones brands that update their mid range phones. 40 to 45k price

Who told you tecno make budget friendly phones? that
Phones should not be sold more than 30k

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AlphaStyles(m): 8:40am On Dec 06, 2019
meshachdbuzz:

Wat are u saying? 40k phone shouldn't be updated haha I can give u list of phones brands that update their mid range phones. 40 to 45k price

Who told you tecno make budget friendly phones? that
Phones should not be sold more than 30k
Tecno has phones that are 20k

And Tecno do update they update their phones security
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Pappykuyt0100(m): 11:59am On Dec 06, 2019
Does anyone have a solution to Tecno spark 3 kb7 font problem
I can't use font on dis device d font only appears on the homescreen not everywhere
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by seunfly: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:

Seriously is a good processor, abeg just its not d latest.. Its like expecting every laptop to come with 9th generation of its core series.....

D only problem with OP is d price of the phone is has nothing to do with d processor, make we hear word abeg..

Bros even in 2018 when p22 was released, it was lower range proccessor. Far below midrange and can only handle light work.
Manufacturers moves to the next spec at at particular level for a reason, it help phone process data more effeciently and better because of ungraded in graphics, data and parformance of apps. You can't tell me all the apps on your phones still remain the way it was in 2018.
The only reasons tecno and trasson products generally sticks with outdated/old proccessor is that it is cheaper and they get bargain price for it.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by seunfly: 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:
Some people forgot that p22 is better than snapdragon 439 but if xiaomi use d same snapdragon processor of old, d still praise d phone, if xiaomi use p22 in d future for der budget phones I believe xiaomi warriors will still praise it, , no sense

I'm very sure xaiomi will never use p22 for future phones rather they will use latest low range mediatek series.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by donMIG(m): 2:35pm On Dec 06, 2019
Quad core n u wan play games wit HD graphics
I dei laff u
U dei dream!
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2019
seunfly:

I'm very sure xaiomi will never use p22 for future phones rather they will use latest low range mediatek series.

May be u are right, but as xiaomi user I expect u guys to complain when they use old processor too,
I expect u guys to complain when they use 8 mega pixel on front cemera. I don't expect u guys to use gcam as alternative.
I expect u guys to complain when they use 720p in der phones. But u guys won't.

But immediately a Tecno phone or Infinix do same den u see attack, I don't know if they are attacking the brand or the spec or the price..
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by seunfly: 4:59pm On Dec 06, 2019
Androidking:

May be u are right, but as xiaomi user I expect u guys to complain when they use old processor too,
I expect u guys to complain when they use 8 mega pixel on front cemera. I don't expect u guys to use gcam as alternative.
I expect u guys to complain when they use 720p in der phones. But u guys won't.

But immediately a Tecno phone or Infinix do same den u see attack, I don't know if they are attacking the brand or the spec or the price..
I'm never a xiaomi user, presently I'm using Huawei and I'm planning to buy Xiaomi or Huawei next week.
Like I said, Xiaomi or any international standard brands will never use old processors because their is a reason for upgrades in those processors but they will use latest midrange or or latest equivalent range proccessor.
No serious company with intension to capture international market will go back 2 or 3 years innovation, even common umidigi and all other phones manufacturers that are not 90% African oriented market tries that.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by akashi01(m): 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
Realboygenius:

Have been using Tecno phones for years now and currently using the Camon 12 Pro. Have never regretted for once.

You haven't tasted something better hence why. You can get 5× more value at the same price with Xiaomi but ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by vicon1000: 5:10pm On Dec 06, 2019
my cubot p20 has screen problem,where can i change the screen in Lagos
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2019
vicon1000:
my cubot p20 has screen problem,where can i change the screen in Lagos
Do you have the replacement screen?
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by meshachdbuzz(m): 6:19pm On Dec 06, 2019
AlphaStyles:
Tecno has phones that are 20k

And Tecno do update they update their phones security

Not talking of security patches update
Not all tecno phones support security patches update

Are you talking of tecno y2 God that phone will kill you if u use it grin grin angry
Whenever I see that phone I will just get angry. cuz wat am suppose to do for the person in a minute I will spend 10mins in doing it
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by vicon1000: 4:31am On Dec 07, 2019
ZesusHVWritter:

Do you have the replacement screen?

no i want to buy
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by ZesusHVWritter(m): 1:50pm On Dec 07, 2019
vicon1000:

no i want to buy
The same source that you purchased the device through, get the replacement screen from the source. You can go to computer village and find a reputable technician that will fix it for you. Shouldn't take more than an 1hr if the technician is being extra careful.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by nani667: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2019
akashi01:

You haven't tasted something better hence why. You can get 5× more value at the same price with Xiaomi but ignorance is bliss.

Oshey marketing department
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by wisane: 8:25am On Dec 13, 2019
Checkout the best Xiaomi Phones in 2019 ... https://trendsleek.com/best-xiaomi-phones-2019/
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Ehmpire: 10:09am On Dec 13, 2019
You bought a quad-core phone nd ecpect it to play pub-g..... Man de phone is ok..... Dtart at 50k if u need a good phone
TrollKiller:
On September 14th, I bought a new phone
This phone was the Pouvour 3, a tecno product
This phone has been giving good reviews (which I later found out that they were all false by tecno marketers.) And I fell for the reviews. I fell hard angry
Unboxed the device and the first turn off was that the phone overheats like mad.
The 5000mah battery was a phony.
And there were no fonts! Can you imagine?
Android 10 is out but I'm still stuck with android Oreo for months.
I spent 40k on this phone and it disappointed. Worst money I have spent. I have been scammed.
Yesterday I was moving a file of 3gb from my phone memory to SD card, and my phone froze. Before you knew it, it died. I had to press the power icon for like 30s before it came back to life..
That's not all

I did an antutu benchmark test on it and guess what?
Even their flagships don't rank in the top 89
But guess what I saw.

The redmi note 5-8 made it into the list!
I regret buying tecno. Pes 2020 lags and PUBG lags too.
I no go ever buy tecno again cry

Modified:- Tecno marketers are here. God knows all I said here is true. What will I gain from lying to people I probably won't meet in real life? People I don't know?
Don't let the marketers deceive you.

For those guys saying I bought fake phone, see my antutu test result oo
Also, has 3Chub ever sold fake phones before?
Don't let these liars deceive you angry
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by samueloyem19: 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2019
Realboygenius:

Have been using Tecno phones for years now and currently using the Camon 12 Pro. Have never regretted for once.

Even I am using this device for a long and it is really amazing, I am impressed by the performance of Helio P22 chipset.
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by drjprince: 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2019
samueloyem19:

Even I am using this device for a long and it is really amazing, I am impressed by the performance of Helio P22 chipset.
the day you upgrade from helio p#2 you understand why some of are lamenting
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 3:35pm On Dec 15, 2019
drjprince:
the day you upgrade from helio p#2 you understand why some of are lamenting

Can we know the name of ur device??
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by drjprince: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2019
Androidking:

Can I know the name of ur device
as at now I use two phones the iPhone 6s plus and the redmi k20 pro
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2019
drjprince:
as at now I use two phones the iPhone 6s plus and the redmi k20 pro

So why do u keep comparing snapdragon 855 to heliop22

U should be in Samsung note thread or iPhone thread not here.... $399.99
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by drjprince: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2019
Androidking:

So why do u keep comparing snapdragon 855 to heliop22

U should be in Samsung note thread or iPhone thread not here.... $399.99
funny enough I used a helio p23 devices before these ones so I am just expressing how disgusting infinix/Tecno devices are

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by Androidking: 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
drjprince:
funny enough I used a helio p23 devices before these ones so I am just expressing how disgusting infinix/Tecno devices are

Exactly my point how can u expect heliop23 to even compet with that.(snapdragon 855) I guess it Infinix note 5. Its 3 gig ram too

And u are talking of ur phones with 6 gig rams and much much much higher processor, and urs is very expensive,

every one knows if u have money and u want to enjoy it in full u go for big stuff but if u don't have you go for ur level.

Last week a Worker of mine, he is actually Labourer who earns at least 2k per day, now remove his feeding daily u will see he manages to save at least 1k or 600 naira per day. And he is in need of android phone (just to book bet9ja main purpose). He chose itel phone of 23k. Some one stole the phone from him, and he started saving again, do u expect him to start looking for xiaomi online, with what phone?
do u know his location?
. Finally he bought another phone, I tot he will go for Tecno but he got another itel all he wants with that phone is to do bet9ja and make his money, he press it only at night after work.

What I am trying to tell u is der is phone for everyone and we take decisions from options available, if cheap xiaomi phone is within his area he will now have more choice but a situation whereby the whole town is selling only transition products. Few people manage to have Samsung. In fact if u want Samsung u travel to onitsha

His example is applicable to 70% or even 80% of the nation. Xiaomi is not available now, forget Nairaland try to promote dem

, so stop doing unnecessary comparison and allow barrow pushers to enjoy the fruit of der Labour in peace
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by AmosAkins: 11:25pm On Dec 15, 2019
Androidking:

Exactly my point how can u expect heliop23 to even compet with that.(snapdragon 855) I guess it Infinix note 5. Its 3 gig ram too

And u are talking of ur phones with 6 gig rams and much much much higher processor, and urs is very expensive,

every one knows if u have money and u want to enjoy it in full u go for big stuff but if u don't have you go for ur level.

Last week a Worker of mine, he is actually Labourer who earns at least 2k per day, now remove his feeding daily u will see he manages to save at least 1k or 600 naira per day. And he is in need of android phone (just to book bet9ja main purpose). He chose itel phone of 23k. Some one stole the phone from him, and he started saving again, do u expect him to start looking for xiaomi online, with what phone?
do u know his location?
. Finally he bought another phone, I tot he will go for Tecno but he got another itel all he wants with that phone is to do bet9ja and make his money, he press it only at night after work.

What I am trying to tell u is der is phone for everyone and we take decisions from options available, if cheap xiaomi phone is within his area he will now have more choice but a situation whereby the whole town is selling only transition products. Few people manage to have Samsung. In fact if u want Samsung u travel to onitsha

His example is applicable to 70% or even 80% of the nation. Xiaomi is not available now, forget Nairaland try to promote dem

, so stop doing unnecessary comparison and allow barrow pushers to enjoy the fruit of der Labour in peace

You hit the nail on the head grin grin
Re: I Regret Spending 40k On This Phone by drjprince: 6:33am On Dec 16, 2019
Androidking:

do u know his location?

Oga infinix note 5 was disgraced by my friends redmi note 5 the performance was mediocre and phone started hanging anyhow

If the phone was serving me why will I sell it three months after getting it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Data Price To Drop By 60% by 2025, Says Pantami / Sony Xperia Z Or Samsung Galaxy S4: Which Should I Buy? / Six Ways Smartphones Ruin Our Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.