Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time (2921 Views)

I Am Facing Blockages After Meeting My Girlfriend / Top Sex Positions That Can Increase Your Butt Size - Officially For Ladies / Im Nervous!!!!! Will be Meeting My Naira Land Boo For The First Time Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Pius6360: 5:03pm On Nov 25, 2019
Good evening guys am in a very tight situation and I want you guys to give me one or two advise on how to arrest the situation. Okay am 25 and dating a girl who is 23 and we are both madly in love with each other. Technically we have been together for like four years. We met while we were still in school and fell in love.. somehow her parents found out she was dating a me few years ago while she was in 300 level and they asked her to but an end to the relationship which she told them she can't, they beat her and made her promise to quit the relationship. She told me about the situation and I told her to tell she would end the relationship so they don't beat her again. We continued dating in secrecy till now. We have since both graduated and rounded up youth service though we are both currently in a job search. Few months ago prior to her NYSC passing out she has been on my neck that she wants to tell her parents about us which I told her to wait till am able to secure a job which she refused and insisted on telling her parents because she is starting to feel guilty keeping everything from them then I gave her the go ahead. Few days ago she gave me a call that she already told her mom about us and she was not okay with me being a practricing Catholic that she doesn't like my church doctrine that she should discuss with her dad who was away for a program now he is back and they want to meet me officially. The whole thing is making me nervous and my curiosity is running wild have never done this before and I don't know how to go about it.... I need your advice guys
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by sunnychibs(m): 5:08pm On Nov 25, 2019
Girls and marriage are like 5&6.
I will advice you to forget anything marriage until you secure a job and be well established.

Or,
do you want your unborn children to suffer?

*spews

9 Likes

Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Kyrx(m): 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
The elders are coming bro grin
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by LoydJ(m): 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2019
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by BiafranBushBoy: 5:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
Okay..

Here are some red flags:

You are 25
No stable source of income
You don't even know what marriage is
Conflicting church doctrine
You want to use marriage to keep a girl you "assume" you love.

Please don't marry if you don't earn Atleast 250,000 Naira at the moment.

With all the exposure you have now, you will but suffer for the rest of your life trying to foot the bills that comes with marriage.

I omitted your GF because she is 23 and practically has nothing to offer.

My verdict: Keep her, nuture her, hustle harder, marry her when the time is right.

#Peace.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
If you love her dont go there yet because it will end the relationship. Tell her you travelled for an emergency. But if her parents are rich and they can hook you up with a job then go but be ready to change religion first. I don't know why i feel this will end badly, however if you too love the girl go but practice your presentation as if na power point you go use talk. Don't go and be looking daft.

3 Likes

Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by seniorgozman(m): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
Make sure you go with a friend to reduce the number of questions they will ask you

2 Likes

Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by blesskewe(f): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2019
Guy
Don't u think its better to have a source of income
Abi u wan day beg or what?

Hustle ooooooo make woman no insult u cuz of money

3 Likes

Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Young03(m): 7:57pm On Nov 25, 2019
This reminds me of when my ex told me that her aunt and her pastor wants to meet me

I told her to tell the the kind of person that I'm first cos if they ask me too many questions concerning religion.

it won't go down well

last last she suspend the meeting to avoid break up

My guy go there and act like a man

be real and don't let them intimidate you

1 Like

Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Beboy23(m): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Booked
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by chival(f): 8:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
Starlight10:
If you love her dont go there yet because it will end the relationship. Tell her you travelled for an emergency. But if her parents are rich and they can hook you up with a job then go but be ready to change religion first. I don't know why i feel this will end badly, however if you too love the girl go but practice your presentation as if na power point you go use talk. Don't go and be looking daft.

Lying to his girl is not a good idea. Like I always say, tell the truth and stand your ground. Don't compromise on your integrity. @OP, go and see your girl's parents. Be confident, honest and polite. Above all, be yourself. God will take care of the rest and if this is meant to be, it will be. Remember many people have faced worse odds and come out on top.
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Offpoint: 8:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
That think call love go clear for your face soon, then you go relax how foolish your decision was.

No love hunger can't kill, anyways I didn't read the content....
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Febo(m): 8:25pm On Nov 25, 2019
Starlight10, It seems you're talking from experience grin
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Mikkiesshow(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
Go
with a friend , buy a bottle of wine and give the father.
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2019
Small pikins. cheesy

But how do ladies feel very comfortable to tell their parents about their boyfriends?..I'm 25 and still find it very difficult to discuss my boyfriend with my mum even though she tries to force it out,she'll always tease me that I'm 'hiding' my boyfriend but i just feel it's 'improper' to tell her about my BOYFRIEND when it's not FIANCE or HUSBAND.my POV though.
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by bimbotua(f): 11:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
Simplep:
Small pikins. cheesy

But how do ladies feel very comfortable to tell their parents about their boyfriends?..I'm 25 and still find it very difficult to discuss my boyfriend with my mum even though she tries to force it out,she'll always tease me that I'm 'hiding' my boyfriend but i just feel it's 'improper' to tell her about my BOYFRIEND not FIANCE or HUSBAND.my POV though.
Lol.
You're not alone sis, I wonder how too cheesy
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
Okay..

Here are some red flags:

You are 25

With all the exposure you have now, you will but suffer for the rest of your life trying to foot the bills that comes with marriage.

My verdict: Keep her, nuture her, hustle harder, marry her when the time is right.

#Peace.
Nothing to add..
Take this advice..
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Mr100Dollars: 12:07am On Nov 27, 2019
Offpoint:
That think call love go clear for your face soon, then you go relax how foolish your decision was.

No love hunger can't kill, anyways I didn't read the content....
Were you driving on a road filled with potholes while typing and commenting sir?
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 27, 2019
bimbotua:

Lol.
You're not alone sis, I wonder how too cheesy
girrl,it's just somehow.what if it doesn't work and we breakup and get another one,we tell mummy again,mummy will be keeping counts of how many boyfriends we've had.. gross embarassed
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by bimbotua(f): 10:22am On Nov 27, 2019
Simplep:
girrl,it's just somehow.what if it doesn't work and we breakup and get another one,we tell mummy again,mummy will be keeping counts of how many boyfriends we've had.. gross embarassed
Lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by farady(m): 11:16am On Nov 27, 2019
BiafranBushBoy:
Okay..

Here are some red flags:

You are 25

#Peace.

OP take this advice. I will only add that don't let the N250k scare you cheesy, but you see when you have hustle hard enough our bodi go phone you say - "yes I believe I can safely take care of someone's daughter" . By dat time, wen dem invite u and u show, na you and the papa go dey discuss other things, cause d marriage part of the gist no go take more than 10mins.
Re: Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents Officially For The First Time by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 27, 2019
The girl and her parents are somehow. She's 23, why is she discussing Bf with her parents. And the parents too, what's their business with a 25 year old boyfriend that is not working yet, when he has not even expressed any intention to get married.

People need to learn to not overshare, there is time for everything.

Poster, they already have a problem with your church, so accept the fact that the relationship is probably not going anywhere. Go and meet them but lower your expectations and let no one put you under unecessary pressure.

(1) (Reply)

If You Were The Husband : What Would You Do? / White Man Caught Fvcking Girl In A Bus [watch Video] / E Be like the Entire Redpill Gengs Send Dorcas PM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.