Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? (41144 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Amazing Moment Nigerian Lady Is Reunited With Her Kids & Hubby In UK (pics/vid) / Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by capnies: 2:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
If you have the resources to help then continue blessings awaits you and your kids. Why not train the man on a trade some people become lazy when they have a ready made HOPE
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by foolbuster: 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Lmao, okay dude, happy leeching to you kiss

Continue laughing at your ignorance. Please go look for your kind.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Biglittlelois(f): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
foolbuster:

Continue laughing at your ignorance. Please go look for your kind.

Lol you will be fine kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by uniqueogo(f): 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:
This is personal so please be courteous with your comments.

I have a married female cousin who takes church serious more than her life, well I don't wanna waste your time with that part of the story.

I have tried to help her husband and her financially for a long time now and I'm afraid I've turned from helper to head of household, not funny. I jokingly told them to hang their boots after they had their fourth child but as I'm typing this, baby five just landed.

Their first son just got admitted into Unilag and guess who they called to help. I've severally decided to stop helping but thoughts of those lovely kids of theirs have always affected my decisions.

I told the newly college admitted boy to open a bank account so that I can channel my help properly but her mum said he wasn't 18 yet so she would be the one running the account until then.

A little background story.

My cousin is a graduate but helps her husband in an imaginary business of his which I have put in like N10m if not more yet nothing to show for it. I later switched to helping my cousin get a job, she ended up getting duped of the money meant to pursue the job Nigerianly.

She was/is my favourite cousin growing up and she was more than a nanny to my sister and I when we were little.

How can I put an end to this madness without feeling guilty about the kids? Mind you, I love their kids very much.

i am in the same situation but kinda different because in my case it's my sister
if not for her husband i wouldn't have written waec cus my mom was so broke we didn't even have anything to eat at that point in time

now my advice to you,

if God has left in a position to help do help them but don't displease your self in the process, don't be stupid and neglect your own needs and responsibility because of them.
find a particular amount that wont affect your budget and pay to them every month end after you have received your salary if you are a salary earner or after you have done your account at the end of the month if you are self employed and after that give a deaf ear to every other pleas from them until the next month end of course its gonna be hard but you have to learn how to say NO AND MAINTAIN IT . this will help them manage and budget every funds they receive and even make them have a rethink about how they spend cash and also lessen your burden
sorry that i quoted you i just needed to make sure you see this cus i believe it will go a long way for you

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Cannicus: 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
Plead:

Cannicus it seems like you’re jobless and without dignity because the way you stalk Pocohantas and maybe ishilovec on this forum is something else

I dont remember ever dragging girlfriend(s) or even boyfriend(s) with you.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by EasternPrince: 2:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
midnighter:

Lol cheesy look at this EasternWimp...I'm sure you're one of those greedy leeches who feels everybody owes them for a living

Keep sucking on your uncles wealth so that he can help you repeat all your failed classes from high school in Texas hahaha

This wh.ore stop mistaking me for your useless father. I'm not him please.

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by frozen70(f): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
Biingoo:
See them. Bad wife angry

Yes i agree,

if you have an uncle or aunt that breeds like rabbits and hoping on you to cater for their family, go ahead and carry their liabilities leave yours

Don't stop helping them continue until you get to the stage of collapsing

Mugu

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Paulo3ree(m): 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
Locate a hotspot, partner her in setting up a restaurant or business centre. This requires good sum of money though, employ anyone else that disturbs you for money under her/business from their certainly they will discover themselves with time.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by tafat: 2:49pm On Nov 26, 2019
hmmmm, thats all i can say for now sha
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
Paulo3ree:
Locate a hotspot, partner her in setting up a restaurant or business centre. This requires good sum of money though, employ anyone else that disturbs you for money under her/business from their certainly they will discover themselves with time.

They will not discover shit. If you don't have flair for business, you don't have flair for business. You will watch your money disappear
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by bossvinqualad25(m): 2:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lie from the pit of hell nollywood script we don hear you
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by mamatwiny(f): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
As brother dey abroad naa.
You will be surprised they are even living better than you. I once had an aunty like that. She would lie all the lie in this world including painting others black just to get money from our aunty in USA then.
When she put to bed her second baby, I went to help her as grandma couldn't go. Her hubby paid hospital bills, bought provisions and the rest. I was so shocked when she told my aunty on phone that she has not been discharged from hospital cos hubby cannot pay hospital bill. She charged this aunt of mine (her elder sis) over 200k for hospital bill as her baby was treated jaundice before they were discharged .This was over 15years agooo. Sometimes, we believe money grows in trees abroad and are not considerate when tasking our family.

My advice would be, if you can, file papers for the husband, let him go and hussle for his family and see how easy it is.That way you will not feel guilty of anything. If he feels he can take care of ten kids with his hussle, it is his decision.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Awoleesu(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
Are you married? Do you have your own kids?
If your answer is "No/Not yet" please cease now!

Truth is if you keep setting others, you may never be settled yourself!

BTW,

Omo you hammer oh! 10 Holy M Naira! ... Trust me, if you know what that can do, you would have invested it in a way that by now will be taking care of them and you!

You for no need this post at all!

But, if you still have the capacity to raise that kind of amount now, and you are not sure what to invest it in, you can send me a private message... I'll guide FOC! - seriously!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by UjuJoan2: 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:

I have a married female cousin who takes church serious more than her life, well I don't wanna waste your time with that part of the story.

I have tried to help her husband and her financially for a long time now and I'm afraid I've turned from helper to head of household, not funny. I jokingly told them to hang their boots after they had their fourth child but as I'm typing this, baby five just landed.

Their first son just got admitted into Unilag and guess who they called to help. I've severally decided to stop helping but thoughts of those lovely kids of theirs have always affected my decisions.

I told the newly college admitted boy to open a bank account so that I can channel my help properly but her mum said he wasn't 18 yet so she would be the one running the account until then.

My cousin is a graduate but helps her husband in an imaginary business of his which I have put in like N10m if not more yet nothing to show for it. I later switched to helping my cousin get a job, she ended up getting duped of the money meant to pursue the job Nigerianly.

She was/is my favourite cousin growing up and she was more than a nanny to my sister and I when we were little.

How can I put an end to this madness without feeling guilty about the kids? Mind you, I love their kids very much.

You obviously don't have a family of your own.

If you can't say NO to them, keep giving then . . It's just money, not blood!

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by healthserve(m): 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2019
UjuJoan2:

You obviously don't have a family of your own.

If you can't say NO to them, keep giving then . . It's just money, not blood!

UjuJoan how is family. Where have you been oh. E be like say your comments Don dey scare with style

You and Yewandequeen
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Funkybabee(f): 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
some people have luck but always refused to appreciate it.. so funny is that if u stop to help them, another grace will still open for them.. that's God imaginable way.

10mil oga ooo
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by nlPoster: 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
zone51:
You sound like you are abroad..

The story makes sense now.

The OP or whoever this is about, might be abroad and sending euros, not being there to actually monitor the money.

Of course who wouldn't be religious and have many kids when N10 million is comfortably coming in. Cant really blame them. Its answer to prayer.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by dazzlingd(m): 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:

Stop this madness before u become a slave....you are not helping them if you don't let them face their responsibilities.
Pls focus on your family before u regret in future.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by coldFLARES1(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:
I don't think I can or will have time to always pay the fees, I reside very far away from them right now.
I thought of stipend but the thought of them depending on it made me had a rethink because I know my cousin.
I have a favorite cousin whose works of kindness and benevolence actually surpasses yours. He got seriously burdened one day that he asked for my advice. I told him:

Bros, I love you but do you think those fellas you are absolutely responsible for will die if you either become incapacitated or deliberately refrain from living your life for them? That was years ago. Now my fv bros os retired and not much of the people he did all manner of good deeds for have died following his seeming lack of capacity to play at that level he used to roll.

When you choose to be largely responsible for a supposedly educated adult human, you kill his creativity. I would have stopped the moment they went ahead with birthing a fifth child they obviously had no means to take care of.

Summarily, please stop being their breadwinner so they can think for themselves
By then your favourite cousin could sign on to welfare support from the church that makes her take life less seriously while her husband could become level-headed to find a practical business that would make him play his role.

Please note that these same people are not obligated to helping should tides turn against you. Then again, these people would ask what you did with all your money when you run into tough times, God forbid!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by UjuJoan2: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
healthserve:

UjuJoan how is family. Where have you been oh. E be like say your comments Don dey scare with style

You and Yewandequeen

My dear we are chasing the money na. Xmas is around the corner you know wink

Thanks for looking out for me.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Ehmpire: 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
Open an account in your own name nd give de one u wanna help de Atm card...... Xo u can give
him money anytime
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by sholay2011(m): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
ornicus:

get married. your wife will probably put a stop to all this and be the bad guy.

i experinecd all of the same with my dad.

he is from a family of six - seven siblings. the first born a girl was held back to take care of everyone else when they went to school. so while everyone else became a professional, she was uneducated. she has always been very bitter about this and my dad poured serious money into the businesses of her and her kids. nothing came out of it. they were living in my dads house in festac and they completely let the house go to shit. there were blocked toilets full of shit in the house. long and short, her eldest daughter got pregnant [again] for some other loser and that was the last straw for my dad.

most of us are hard wired and will not change. if you pour 100 million, they will still remain the same. as it is now, you are the sucker they are exploiting. cut it off.

I don't know why but the emboldened broke my heart.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Paulo3ree(m): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
ornicus:

They will not discover shit. If you don't have flair for business, you don't have flair for business. You will watch your money disappear
He has to justify himself before leaving her(remember the topic/op)
But that flair of a thing just reminds me of something

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Biingoo: 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
frozen70:

Yes i agree,

if you have an uncle or aunt that breeds like rabbits and hoping on you to cater for their family, go ahead and carry their liabilities leave yours

Don't stop helping them continue until you get to the stage of collapsing

Mugu
Home breaker common gerrarahia !
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by egopersonified(f): 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
if you want to survive by making your own money, you can do that. if you want to survive by living off others, it is also possible. the choice is ours to make.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
sholay2011:

I don't know why but the emboldened broke my heart.

I agree, and like I said my old man poured serious money. The kind that later, when money no too dey flow you will look back and grit your teeth at the waste. On top of that the woman hated me as well. I did my it in lagos and stayed in the house. My dad was sending money to feed me, and you should have seen the stew, one part stew, three parts water. After a while I just stopped eating her food. Her grandkids were staying in the house and she started poisoning those ones minds against me. Was telling them I would beat them. They were still young and they told me. He daughter had five kids total. That one is another long story
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by sholay2011(m): 3:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
ornicus:

I agree, and like I said my old man poured serious money. The kind that later, when money no top dey flow you will look back and grit your teeth at the waste. On top of that the woman hated me as well. I did my it in lagos and stayed in the house. My dad was sending money to feed me, and you should have seen the stew, one part stew, three parts water. After a while I just stopped eating her food. Her grandkids were staying in the house and she started poisoning those ones minds against me. Was telling them I would beat them. They were still young and they told me. He daughter had five kids total. That one is another long story
Ah...the woman sef sha. Yeah, I didn't mean you dad didn't try. Like you said, many of us are hard-wired in certain ways that it takes grace to change for good.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Yewandequeen(f): 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
healthserve:

how is family. Where have you been oh. E be like say your comments Don dey scare with style

You and
Awwww

I have been around ooo. No mind me na work load hook me.
Thanks for checking on moi. How are you and family?
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by xbox360: 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
My bro may God bless you, don't ever think of quitting ohhh.

God has destined you to help them, but I can assure you reward for this can even be gotten by even your unborn generation or down lines

Bro you no know wetin tomorrow go born ohhh, those their children somehow can turn around to help your own children
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by iLegendd(m): 3:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
It's good to have principle — it has saved me a lot. One on my principles is: don't help parents with more than 4 kids. Allow them to suffer.

All these parents know is sex and more children even when they are aware they have no source of income. Pure wickedness.

Starting your life with principles from the beginning is way better than cruising life with rules, warning, and boundaries.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by ikwedim(m): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
Continue helping ooooo. Don't stop because those kids might be the one to help you tomorrow.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by xbox360: 3:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
My bro may God bless you, don't ever think of quitting ohhh.

God has destined you to help them, but I can assure you reward for this can even be gotten by even your unborn generation or down lines

Bro you no know wetin tomorrow go born ohhh, those their children somehow can turn around to help your own children don't look down on any one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! / White Lady Spotted In Wrapper Using Nigerian Grinding Stone And Speaking Pidgin / Anambra Police Arrest 6 For Accusing Woman Of Killing Husband With Overdose Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.