Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? (41082 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Amazing Moment Nigerian Lady Is Reunited With Her Kids & Hubby In UK (pics/vid) / Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by vickydevoka(m): 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
pocohantas:
Really going to be hard. I understand ypur dilemma as I have an aunty exactly like this. She married an efulefu for love. Her kids are really smart kids and anytime I see them, my heart bleeds. I finally had to take up responsibilty for the first child. She just got admission and has sent me her bill, with prayers join. Wetin man pikin go do?

If not for those kids, e for hard o. Just keep doing the little you can for the children. I pay directly to the school. Never given my aunty the cash, because I know she will give it to her husband.
For the fact someone doesn't have money doesn't make him efulefu. Wen the table turns around u will be de one to call him my in law
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Ogegod87: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2019
Built2last:
I was in this your mess for 9 years. Every Family member called me for school fees and feeding money.

My wife could not understand why i have chosen to bear the burden of everyone.

I couldn't do major investments i needed to do. Sometimes delayed paying salaries of my staff.

2015. i went home and visited all my uncles, told them to choose a business they can do and i will settle them with it. on the condition that they do not call me for money again. My wife suggested that. Made sure their wives were in agreement with what their husbands have agreed. in fact, my eldest uncle said the wife will run the business.

They were excited about it but never knew i will get them to sign that i won't be contacted for money after i settle them. Got one of my cousins to run the project. i never gave the money to any of them because they will tell me stories that touch.

When the shops were paid for and well stocked, i went back and called a meeting. they all got to know that their requests have been granted.

what i wanted to achieve was desire to succeed among them. Again, didn't want anyone to think i was giving money to A and not to B.

Setting up those businesses for them cost me millions but was a life saver for me.

Nobody disturbs me for money anymore. My own business is free from unnecessary stress.

I wanted them to know that making money is not easy. The lesson is well served.

I only remember their kids in Christmas.

if you like born 100 kids. not my business anymore. If the business fails. Their kids will descend on them.

Bro, free yourself. you will wake up at 50 to discover your retirement is close and nothing to enjoy in your old age.

You married a wise woman. I was going to suggest the same advice for the OP.
The best thing OP, is to settle them once and for all. Just like Built2last did, call them and ask them what business they can do. Set it up for them and wash your hands off their business/lives/family completely.

You cannot continue like this, mba, i mean for how long?
I'm not sure you are married madam for don do her job if she is smart and wise.

But seriously your cousin and her husband get mind o! Such irresponsible people.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Ogegod87: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
uniqueogo:

i am in the same situation but kinda different because in my case it's my sister
if not for her husband i wouldn't have written waec cus my mom was so broke we didn't even have anything to eat at that point in time

now my advice to you,

if God has left in a position to help do help them but[b] don't displease your self in the process, [/b]don't be stupid and neglect your own needs and responsibility because of them.
find a particular amount that wont affect your budget and pay to them every month end after you have received your salary if you are a salary earner or after you have done your account at the end of the month if you are self employed and after that give a deaf ear to every other pleas from them until the next month end of course its gonna be hard but you have to learn how to say NO AND MAINTAIN IT . this will help them manage and budget every funds they receive and even make them have a rethink about how they spend cash and also lessen your burden
sorry that i quoted you i just needed to make sure you see this cus i believe it will go a long way for you

No! He can't continue like that. He shouldn't continue like that. He should settle them for life because he has his own life in front of him. He didn't mention anywhere in his post that they have disabilities of any kind hence, they can work and earn. This in all honesty is not healthy for him.

@ bolded, he is already displeasing himself and that is the reason for the post in the first place.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by kid7soccer(m): 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2019
my dear you are a good person, it not easy carrying people weight. For you to give 10m to their business and they have nothing to show for it and yet they are having a football team is enough evidence to shows you the type of people they are.

Don't allow anybody to take you for a fool. You owe them nothing, am sure you have kids of your own. For you to come here shows they are not just stressing you but eating you up. if anything goes wrong today and you are no longer financially capable "God for Bid" and they are in the position you are now, i promise you 1000% they won't remember you. this i say from experience of my beloved late father who wasted his time helping people were no sabi whether i dey alive today.

Based on my own experience, if you have a substantial amount give them lets say 500k to 1m, if you can afford a car get them one and tell them to that you can't continue to carry their cross as you have some important commitment, so they should use it to equip themselves.

if they have sense let them use it well. the husband can even make money on bolt.

for their kid in the university if you can carry the cross, carry it. if you can't send him money occasionally. advice him to learn a skill, barbing or driving, even an ICT skill can support him.

dont all sentiments to let anybody carry you do father Christmas, if you dont know what to do with you money, open an account for you kids and pile up the money there for them. cheers

J111333:
This is personal so please be courteous with your comments.

I have a married female cousin who takes church serious more than her life, well I don't wanna waste your time with that part of the story.

I have tried to help her husband and her financially for a long time now and I'm afraid I've turned from helper to head of household, not funny. I jokingly told them to hang their boots after they had their fourth child but as I'm typing this, baby five just landed.

Their first son just got admitted into Unilag and guess who they called to help. I've severally decided to stop helping but thoughts of those lovely kids of theirs have always affected my decisions.

I told the newly college admitted boy to open a bank account so that I can channel my help properly but her mum said he wasn't 18 yet so she would be the one running the account until then.

A little background story.

My cousin is a graduate but helps her husband in an imaginary business of his which I have put in like N10m if not more yet nothing to show for it. I later switched to helping my cousin get a job, she ended up getting duped of the money meant to pursue the job Nigerianly.

She was/is my favourite cousin growing up and she was more than a nanny to my sister and I when we were little.

How can I put an end to this madness without feeling guilty about the kids? Mind you, I love their kids very much.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by blank(f): 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
I won't be surprised to hear them invite you for their house warming since they are not spending any money training their kids.

If I realise that the family member is a spendthrift or not pulling their weight on their business, I can only help the kids directly and the only help I will render is to pay the kids fees. The rest is up to them.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by abbey621(m): 4:27pm On Nov 26, 2019
I DON'T KNOW WHY FULL GROWN ADULTS WILL COME ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND ASK STRANGERS FOR HELP IN SITUATIONS THEY PUT THEMSELVES IN? No stranger can give you the proper advice because only you know the detailed analysis of your situation. Look this case is simple, you have the money that's why you're still feeling guilty, if you didn't NO ONE will tell you what to do!I'm sure you ain't gonna steal or borrow money just to take care of extended family. I suggest you bone your cousin and the husband completely, find out the child's school fees and pay if you can, if you can't then just move on. Make yourself inaccessible, make yourself precious like gold otherwise you'll remain the cash cow you've portrayed yourself to be!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by pocohantas(f): 4:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
vickydevoka:

For the fact someone doesn't have money doesn't make him efulefu. Wen the table turns around u will be de one to call him my in law

And who told you I called him that because he doesn't have money? I said their situation is exactly like OP's own, no money, no zeal to work, pride and mismanagement. Yes, he is an efulefu.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by claseek(f): 4:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
you must learn to say NO. It may be difficult in this sort of situation. but you have to learn to say NO.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by nlPoster: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:

I have a married female cousin who takes church serious more than her life,

Now, this is a very serious statement, why exactly did you say it?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:

I have a married female cousin who takes church serious more than her life, well I don't wanna waste your time with that part of the story.

I have tried to help her husband and her financially for a long time now and I'm afraid I've turned from helper to head of household, not funny. I jokingly told them to hang their boots after they had their fourth child but as I'm typing this, baby five just landed.

Their first son just got admitted into Unilag and guess who they called to help. I've severally decided to stop helping but thoughts of those lovely kids of theirs have always affected my decisions.

I told the newly college admitted boy to open a bank account so that I can channel my help properly but her mum said he wasn't 18 yet so she would be the one running the account until then.

My cousin is a graduate but helps her husband in an imaginary business of his which I have put in like N10m if not more yet nothing to show for it. I later switched to helping my cousin get a job, she ended up getting duped of the money meant to pursue the job Nigerianly.

She was/is my favourite cousin growing up and she was more than a nanny to my sister and I when we were little.

How can I put an end to this madness without feeling guilty about the kids? Mind you, I love their kids very much.

You be father Christmas oooo, may God bless you real good but the truth remains that you won't continue like that. what happens to when you get married and all that.
it will be better you open a shop for her and hands off in the family exploitation, i bet you when you get married, your wife will not be comfortable with this present arrangement.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by ChiefSweetus: 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
LadySarah:
This hunger in Nigeria isnt reaching some ppl at all.
Five kids!!
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Tellemall: 4:47pm On Nov 26, 2019
midnighter:
Better start prioritising your own investments and stop financing somebody else's stupidity. Call them and tell them you're not paying anything except school fees. Set up a direct debit to the school and make a good contact there

If the tables turn and you can no longer keep up those kids will still grow up to curse that their stupid uncle ...hope you know that?

Since she takes the church more seriously than her life let the church sink more money into the fantastical business.

By the way, the Bible has a lot to say about wise spending. Or she didn't see that side or what

Bunch of selfish pseudo-religious leeches. She took care of you as a child and now you must take care of her as an adult right? Somebody with a husband for that matter.

10 million! 10 million.

The bold part has said it all.

The people who you help with your utmost sacrifice will always have things like that to say, and then begin to hate you. If you die helping them, at worst they will shed a tear then move on.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by franchasng: 4:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:

Hmmmmm, speechless cos I love family a lot and I cherish families that help one another...this is family matter and honestly, I am wordless on this matter I got mentioned by Ccc: healthserve lol

From your story, you have tried your best to help her hubby build a business to no avail and you have also tried to help her secure a job Nigerianly to no avail....have you tried helping her migrate out of Nigeria cos I am pretty sure you live outside Nigeria I think that should be your last shot on helping them stand. But don't abandon the kids please cos I love kids to pieces and I hate paying them back with the evil or foolishness of their parents cos they are innocent.

Its so sad that poor and broke people struggling financially in Nigeria are the ones overpopulating Nigeria with their uncontrolled birth, this situation always get me so depressed and I wished I was a military dictator so I that I could enact a harsh law into the national constitution to stop this madness of giving birth to innocent kids anyhow without plan because its a ticking time bomb for the society angry angry angry

This is more rampant in the North and among Yorubas; you will see a hungry, jobless Yoruba boy getting married at 24yrs and producing babies and abandoning them with his mother to cater for, and to them it is good because they don't want to marry late like they mock Igbo guys of marrying late, which to me remains the best - marry when you are financially stable enough to cater for a family...and if things refuse to turn out good for you financially, you stay single for life and enjoy your bachelorhood because it is not a crime to die single angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Tellemall: 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
lovingyouhun:
My bro, you have to think twice, no mata the amount you spend on those kids they are never going to be yours, time has thought me that people you help today end up asking you what you did for them, those kids will only remember the day you said no to their request, you are already offending them as it seems because you should have lay down your for them by now.... they will end up loving and caring for this their lazy parents in future. Better think of how you will raise your own family, render help when its convenient, you do not own your cousine yoyr life....look yoy are only encouraging their parents to do nothing, go a d set up your own family, so you can have a way of escape. Look if you have already done that let them lack some finance, they will remember to do something and not yo waste money, they only keep coming to you because they know you do not know how to say no....people are wicked, don't be surprised that these people have money hidden somewhere but are just too greedy to let you be, they do not see how its normal for them to go a day ylwithout spending your hard earned money, my bro be wise a d take actions...

Truth in gold. I regret any steps I took to help people. Just say no and you will know that your haters aren't out there, but have comfortably been traveling all over the world on your expense, educated on your tab and yet! Yet they are the ones who have the most to say that you never did

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by cocolacec(m): 4:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
healthserve:
I'll wait here for the elders

Oya

Daddytime

Pansophist

Franchasng

Midnighter

I think your cousin sank the N10 million into paying to bribe God for Prosperity. Find out from her how much she pays in tithes and offerings etc
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Slimsly100(f): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2019
nlPoster:

I dont even get the gist of the story.

He mentioned church, then switched themes to the older son is in university and the parents are having baby 5. The wife is not working, then helping the husband with an imaginary business op gave her a non existent N10 million for, op helped her find a job, then she was swindled of the money (which money?) Op wants to sponsor the kid in university but doesnt want the parent involved, etc etc.

My dear, some people are like that o. Dem go carry church for head sotey lazy join. Dem nor go wan work
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by damoobaba: 5:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:

Guy,listen to me, tell them you have a new project that is taken funds off you and start limiting what you give to them. Am not saying you should not give anything to them O. Do that and they'll start thinking of how to build their lives without depending too much on U. Do this and thank me later, Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by paix(m): 5:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
The op did not mention whether he's married or not.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by jaymichael(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
pocohantas:
You are very correct Ishi, but sometimes you look at those innocent kids and you can't ignore. I wish we have social services here. Bringing innocent kids into the world to suffer is a crime or should be a crime.

Make person no do the generousity wey go land you for wahala. I am getting tougher sha.

Remember this mantra, 'in this life we come alone and we will go alone' If the "irresponsible" people who bring the innocent children to suffer don't give a care, why should I? All those "na God dey train pikin" crew will make deliberately wrong decisions and choices and expect someone else to pay for it?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Tellemall: 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:

Initially I did not wish to comment, but this thread has opened a sore wound.

From personal experience, you aren't doing them any good. The day you say no, you will become that hated cousin, that evil uncle, you will get to hear how you never did anything for them. They will even go to any extent to wish you harm.

You may have enough, but these people will leech you until you won't have a sound retirement plan, and they won't let you think of your own dynasty. You will love them so much you won't see how much they've been a drag.

If you have given them so much but they refuse to work with it, then further aiding them will be poison. You will be destroying them and making them and their children dependant on you. I am telling you this from experience: the day you refuse to give in to another one of their poorly thought out schemes, they will teach all their children, even that son you love so much to despise you. There will be no guilt on their part. They will justify themselves even when they are users.

How did they have a son and not think of how he will go to university? Then they had four more without a care in the world. Why? You enabled them.

Cut off subtly. Don't give in to their every whim. It's the trials that made you stronger, why don't you let them get stronger? Give them some tough love.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by midnighter(f): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
Tellemall:

The bold part has said it all.

The people who you help with your utmost sacrifice will always have things like that to say, and then begin to hate you. If you die helping them, at worst they will shed a tear then move on.

You should have seen what unfolded when one of my uncles died. It was stranger than fiction.

This man who helped everybody with school fees, food, work, everything! To the point that he even neglected his own projects. The people who stayed in his house rent-free for years, how much did they contribute for the burial N0.00

Everybody was just dodging his house like he was a leper so that they wouldn't have to do anything. Just a few people plus the children had to pull together and prevent the whole thing from being a total disgrace

In short OP should just forget that thing. Feeling guilty my cousin sister blah blah. Nobody cares.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Tellemall: 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
midnighter:

You should have seen what unfolded when one of my uncles died. It was stranger than fiction.

This man who helped everybody with school fees, food, work, everything! To the point that he even neglected his own projects. The people who stayed in his house rent-free for years, how much did they contribute for the burial N0.00

Everybody was just dodging his house like he was a leper so that they wouldn't have to do anything. Just a few people plus the children had to pull together and prevent the whole thing from being a total disgrace

In short OP should just forget that thing. Feeling guilty my cousin sister blah blah. Nobody cares.

That's life for you. Don't take other people more seriously than you take your self, your wife and your children. Because when it gets dark, they will run far away and they will not help.

I promise you, if something happens to the OP, those people won't drop a cent and they will move on without a care in the world. They will only feel bad that their money bag is gone. This is why I never take people who are after monetary gains serious.

I hope you didn't run from the uncle's family? sad

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by nlPoster: 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2019
Slimsly100:

some people are like that o. Dem go carry church for head sotey lazy join. Dem nor go wan work

Sounds like the op has issues with the cousin's husband in particular, he clearly mentioned he gave N10 million towards the business but avoided telling how much he gave the cousin to look for a job.
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by EasternPrince: 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
midnighter:

Your family get K-leg in a big way. First none of the women in your family wear wedding rings or pant, now this?

Lol

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by midnighter(f): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
Tellemall:

That's life for you. Don't take other people more seriously than you take your self, your wife and your children. Because when it gets dark, they will run far away and they will not help.

I promise you, if something happens to the OP, those people won't drop a cent and they will move on without a care in the world. They will only feel bad that their money bag is gone. This is why I never take people who are after monetary gains serious.

I hope you didn't run from the uncle's family? sad

Exactly...they will just start avoiding you and gossiping about you somewhere.

Yeah! The most they will do is come for a condolence visit, drop some useless platitudes and go. Or just avoid altogether and show up when everywhere is full so that they can start pretending.

No, we were some of the main people helping, that's why I know how bad it was. Sibling and cousin doesn't mean anything to some people oh, except freebies. It's a pity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by webngnews: 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
hmmmm
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by webngnews: 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2019
ohhh
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Tellemall: 5:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah! The most they will do is come for a useless condolence visit, drop some platitudes and go. Or just avoid altogether and show up when everywhere is full so that they can start pretending.

No, we were some of the main people helping, that's why I know how bad it was. Sibling and cousin doesn't mean anything to some people oh, except freebies. It's a pity

10 lepers were healed. Only one returned to say "thank you".
Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by Slimsly100(f): 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
nlPoster:

Sounds like the op has issues with the cousin's husband in particular, he clearly mentioned he gave N10 million towards the business but avoided telling how much he gave the cousin to look for a job.

Probably because the chunk of the money.went directly to the in law.
People already told him my mind Sha.
He should take the eldest boy and help train him till he gets his degree(it's not easy to train a child). That one alone is a huge assistance to them. If he can bear to set up a business for his cousin he should, then hands off.
Abeg.
I have a sis in law with similar attitude. The day I stopped stressing myself about her and hers she started showing anger o, person we nor know wether I dey eat or how. I bone am anyhow o. Cause person gats face her life cool

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by EasternPrince: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
midnighter:

Yeah! The most they will do is come for a useless condolence visit, drop some platitudes and go. Or just avoid altogether and show up when everywhere is full so that they can start pretending.

You were one of the good people? You?

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by ProtectMyMoney: 5:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
J111333:

If its within your power, get your cousin and her husband a job. That way you have solved the problem

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? by healthserve(m): 5:44pm On Nov 26, 2019
franchasng:
Hmmmmm, speechless cos I love family a lot and I cherish families that help one another...this is family matter and honestly, I am wordless on this matter I got mentioned by Ccc: healthserve lol

From your story, you have tried your best to help her hubby build a business to no avail and you have also tried to help her secure a job Nigerianly to no avail....have you tried helping her migrate out of Nigeria cos I am pretty sure you live outside Nigeria I think that should be your last shot on helping them stand. But don't abandon the kids please cos I love kids to pieces and I hate paying them back with the evil or foolishness of their parents cos they are innocent.

Its so sad that poor and broke people struggling financially in Nigeria are the ones overpopulating Nigeria with their uncontrolled birth, this situation always get me so depressed and I wished I was a military dictator so I can make so harsh national laws to stop this madness of giving birth to innocent kids anyhow without plan because its a ticking time bomb for the society angry angry angry

This is more rampant in the North and among Yorubas; you will see a hungry, jobless Yoruba boy getting married at 24yrs and producing babies and abandoning them with his mother to cater for, and to them it is good because they don't want to marry late like they mock Igbo guys of marrying late, which to me remains the best - marry when you are financially stable enough to cater for a family...and if things refuse to turn out good for you financially, you stay single for life and enjoy your bachelorhood because it is not a crime to die single angry angry angry

wink You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Husband Snatched My Company, Sold My Property To Marry Our Salesgirl (pic) / The Next Time Your Wife Asks You This Question / Father Of 22 Children By 14 Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.