Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers (5179 Views)

My Ex’s Husband Keeps Calling Me / I Did Not Cum But She Insisting I Impregnated Her / My Girlfriend Is Insisting I self-service In Her Presence Or She Do This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by 1x2x3: 9:50am On Nov 26, 2019
Na from clap dem dey enter dance. Your husband must not give you that carefree attitude you are looking for else you will one day meet a starnger that will sweep you off your feet.

You were able to deal with certain things as a virgin right? You've started having sex so sooner or later you will loose gaurd to on one stranger that will sweep you off your feet....... Na from clap dem dey enter dance. I won't say more.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by geletor: 9:53am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Thank you. I will give your sister same advice like you just did.

I didn't know marriage means not meeting a new person.

Thanks all the same
Ma'm meeting new person and flirting with a person are two different things! And by the way what do you mean by meeting a new person? as a married woman?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:58am On Nov 26, 2019
Since you're not ready to take corrections or advice, stop disturbing the web space please. Continue with your old ways, when the guyman has had enough and throw you out, your eye go clear. Free spirited ko, evil spirit ni.

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Danzakidakura(m): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2019
Riele:
He wants to control you . Smh .

Most Nigerian men mentality .

Aunty ,let him know your stance now that the marriage is still fresh before he will come online and complain that you've changed .
home breaker. She is his wife. Why should my wife be talking to random strangers like that is she mental.if you cant obey him then you are mot ready for marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by strangest(m): 10:00am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:
I have always been a free spirited person. For instant, I don't segregate who I speak with, I accommodate all sane person except there's a reason I shouldn't associate with the person. Giving you my contact is not a problem for me, it's picking your calls or saving your contact finally, indicates you in my good book.
Then I got married, I stopped many of this but giving contact and speaking with strangers, I couldn't stop. My husband married me as a virgin at 30. Even while we were dating I still maintained my stand. We did everything but any form of sex. We are just I year old in the marriage by the way.
I already mentioned I'm a free spirited person but that doesn't mean I don't play mind games. I never hide anything even my daily encounter from my husband. But when ever I tell him about meeting someone new, what we discuss and how we ended, he would flare up and start quarrelling with me. That I talk to strangers, don't I know I am married, indirectly calling me a flirt. I have left the house several times for him. Everyday we would be talking about samething. I told him I cannot stop meeting people and telling him about it.
We are practically always together that he could tell where to meet me even if there was no prior calling to know my whereabout. If my phone is not reachable for any reason, he has and knows who to call to reach me. He knows my daily engagements like that.
Even when things happened in his absence, I tell him the exact way it happened even if I was at fault or not. Just the way it happened.
Most times he comes home very late but I don't have problems with that again, provided I was able to hear from him.
He is very caring and loving too.

Yesternight, his numbers wasn't going through, it was getting late as usual. I didn't know how to reach him and he was still out of town when I heard from him last. Around 9pm, I haven't heard from my husband, he hasn't called. I came out to a nearby bar where he usually spends his time, he wasn't there, I sat with my friend who sells food in the evening, a young girl, then I met his policeman friend and was complaining that I haven't heard from him.
Then later I went to our house to go and continue waiting oo. Since it was already late.

Around 10:20pm, no sign yet, I came out again now saw him. He was just coming back. I was angry a bit but I calmed my self down because we were outside and I also was thinking he must be tired.

So I beckoned on him to let's go, he insisted we sit and have some drinks.
We formed a table of four, the food seller friend of mine and one drunk guy, he said the guy is his brother.
So while we were drinking, he( my husband) needed to talk with one of our Compound's guy there, so he moved to their table.

I left the drunk, smoking guy at the table and I and my gf( the food seller) went to her table, every thing is within 7-9 Meters range.

While we were seated at the food stand, gf narrating her encounter to me, I was still with my drink in a glass. A guy came, all of us sometimes sit there in the evening. One thing led to another oo, he was thinking I was having a stout because my eyes were already weak. He said he would drink out of it to prove it, my husband and his friend were around watching us.
I said no wahala, let me finish, I would give him the last glass. I did.

My husband came to tell me, what that guy(our Compound's guy) said, that someone collected my drink from me, I was like wow, what's wrong in giving somebody my drink.
A drink I didn't want to take again. I was hearing, I am not supposed to give my drink to him, I asked if they knew what transpired....we started another quarrel. This time around he accused me of flirting with the guy. Me!.... I told him, he would have told his friend that that was nothing.

If we started listing rights and wrong, it was wrong of us to be outside by that time looking for who?

I have thick skin for what people think of me from afar but someone I share a home with...I can't really deal.

Please, what do you think about this whole story, if I'm wrong in anyway kindly point it out, and my husband what do you think of his reaction, if you were in his shoes and I was your wife, would you think or behave as him

I am beginning to feel my marriage is not right. Someone that cannot trust me, I don't understand.

Please, what do you think. No insult please . Call a spade, a spade, I wouldn't mind

Will you be happy if your husband is always talking with different strange girls that you don't know their relationship with your husband? Aunty this is marriage, no one is trying to control you... Save your marriage, talk with your man and never make him feel insecure... Always remember that he can as well start talking with other girls...

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by bdchange(m): 10:04am On Nov 26, 2019
ericsmith:

You remind me of an ex gurl friend about 3yrs ago, she is jus like you, she likes meeting people esp. guys, various hang out she wil even send me pix on whatapps n wen we meet @ nite she wil download d whole gist to me. ova confidence worry dat gurl no b small.
Now about me, i don't get jealous or get intimidated by anytin, @times i wonder if my heart beats sef ... buh i alway warn her she wil tease me that i am jealous ... las las her elder broda friend took advantage of her .. n it went on n on till i got to find out, saw dem kissin same guy she discard with he is my elder broda, am like a lil sis to him, baby am different b.s
Bottomline bdchange u are jus a human n that makes u fallible regardless of the ova confidence u feel, u could hangout wit a guy, he wil drug u walk u to d car n bang d shit out of you. we are men that u escape some doesnt mean u can escape all. if u must hangout wit men leave marriage n enjoy ur life. then we go support u
Pls I don't understand what you type at all..pls enlighten me
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 26, 2019
bdchange:

Pls I don't understand what you type at all..pls enlighten me

obviously i wrongly posted that ... just trash it
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:15am On Nov 26, 2019
BareFacedLies:

You can still be fùcked, all the guy needs is determination and patience! grin
What makes you think they never begin phuck this one. Phucking loose.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 26, 2019
Fountainofyouth:

You are unwell, now buzz off.

you need 2 start getting use to fact that its men's world, we do sumtin u don't like ...babe its ur prerogative to pack n go grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by AfroKnight: 10:24am On Nov 26, 2019
It’s obvious his lady doesn’t view marriage the same way her husband does.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 10:29am On Nov 26, 2019
YoungBlackRico:
Since you're not ready to take corrections or advice, stop disturbing the web space please. Continue with your old ways, when the guyman has had enough and throw you out, your eye go clear. Free spirited ko, evil spirit ni.

Will you rather stay in marriage for fear of divorce? What people might say?

If it gets to that.......we deal with it. Ok.

I only asked what is wrong which I am picking and still telling my story, I really is as plain and truthful here as I can be. I didn't try to defend myself, Still pouring out my thoughts.

But my dear, I am always ready for the worst case that could happen.
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:33am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Will you rather stay in marriage for fear of divorce? What people might say?

If it gets to that.......we deal with it. Ok.

I only asked what is wrong which I am picking and still telling my story, I really is as plain and truthful here as I can be. I didn't try to defend myself, Still pouring out my thoughts.

But my dear, I am always ready for the worst case that could happen.

Lolx, I really do feel for the unfortunate man. cool Have fun!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by JaneKenedy: 10:34am On Nov 26, 2019
geletor:

Ma'm meeting new person and flirting with a person are two different things! And by the way what do you mean by meeting a new person? as a married woman?

Like you move out everyday, you meet people, talk with them and maybe pick interest in what they might be saying and needed to talk more about that, then exchange contact. And mind you...it's not on daily basis.
You might meet a house agent, a manager, a banker, a project manager, crayfish supplier's, carpenter, a fashion designer, stuffs like that.......

Mostly for business or future need.
I don't give contact to someone who obviously came for flirting sake.

Might be man, or woman, but anytime I do meet a new person, I tell him. He just have problems with the male part of it.

Like 1 day he was stranded at a location" name withheld"...a contact I had kept for long was who helped us. You see. But he was suppose to be a stranger and we haven't spoken ever since I collected the contact aside reintroducing ourselves on phone. He helped knowing he is my contact.

I select who I deal with. But there must be talking before I could arrive at that. And that's the problem we are having now. Talking and exchanging number with someone you don't know.
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 26, 2019
From your Narrations , I can say OP is a free minded person and a very jovial fellow.

An attribute which most men consider a flirty behavior. But sadly enough i found out its harder to lay such set of women.

My Wife is of such Nature, I was able to kill my insecurity back in the dating days.

I do jokely do ask her "who toast u today".Before you know story go begin the drop

Me self i don join the behavior,and i found out been open and free minded helps me to not even think of cheating.Unlike those days when we were coded.

I f your husband said you should stop ,i advice you do...But am scared for him when u finally tho...Because the amount of mood swings he will get from you i hope it won't drive him nut.
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by geletor: 11:18am On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Like you move out everyday, you meet people, talk with them and maybe pick interest in what they might be saying and needed to talk more about that, then exchange contact. And mind you...it's not on daily basis.
You might meet a house agent, a manager, a banker, a project manager, crayfish supplier's, carpenter, a fashion designer, stuffs like that.......

Mostly for business or future need.
I don't give contact to someone who obviously came for flirting sake.

Might be man, or woman, but anytime I do meet a new person, I tell him. He just have problems with the male part of it.

Like 1 day he was stranded at a location" name withheld"...a contact I had kept for long was who helped us. You see. But he was suppose to be a stranger and we haven't spoken ever since I collected the contact aside reintroducing ourselves on phone. He helped knowing he is my contact.

I select who I deal with. But there must be talking before I could arrive at that. And that's the problem we are having now. Talking and exchanging number with someone you don't know.

well...I kinda understand you now. But I just need you to pls just try as much as you can to be considerable concerning your marriage.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by farady(m): 11:33am On Nov 26, 2019
OP, there are characters, attitude and carriage a lady assumes once married. In some cultures, it is absurd a man to hold another woman that is not his wife carelessly. In everything you must let moderation kick in. You can still be free spirited-minded and still carry/conduct yourself in a dignified manner as a married woman.

It is absolutely wrong for another man to openly drink from your cup abi glass cup. If you were my wife, I would express my displeasure. I will be very upset, because you did not honour me.......There are some exceptions to this act oh. For instance we all in the house with one of my brothers and an argument starts with my wife saying "this your wine no be am at all, e dey taste like palmwine" My brother replies "na lie, make I taste am first" my gives him the cup or he comes to take the cup from her to take a sip. That is understandable. Now that my brother could also be a very close family friend and that scenario plays out or something similar.

Lastly, it is good you define your relationship with every male - be it a colleague or the guy down the street. Have a policy not to entertain calls from a male figure after a certain time of the day, say 7pm. If you make it a principle, even your male colleagues will respect your decision.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by bluntjudge: 11:56am On Nov 26, 2019
Dear op ,did you say you are 30 or 13 because you don't really act your age.. You don't see anything wrong in sharing a drink with a total stranger from the same cup in the presence of your husband?

Abeg you are not ready to settle down .. you better leave that innocent man alone and save him from heartbeat.. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by pocohantas(f): 12:16pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lol. You are behaving like most virgins or women who married as one, very flirty and jovial.

They always think they can handle all the attention without sex and since they have done it for years- they hardly ever see any reason to stop or be convinced otherwise. You should know you are married and act accordingly. Humans are territorial and they want to know they are the only ones that can get your attention in that kinda way. It should be exclusive, right?

Please, your husband is not being insecure. You are the one acting like a child.

I have one guy I am profiling here, once I confirm he is very rich- all my rough play will stop...

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by djacob(m): 12:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
Despite all the advice given to her here this woman is still bringing her point...I know there type.
Madam you can take this to the Bank if you don't amend your way and act like a wife and stop flirting with every Tom and Jerry all in the name of free spirited you will end up in regret.
My only issue with Virgin or getting married to a virgin is they think because they kept themselves throughout school every other things they do or about to do is right...if you can't have a best friend in your husband why married him. And as of meeting guys for job and business opportunity... good luck to you but don't come here and share another story.
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
Well, he's right. Stop talking to strangers for peace to reign.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
bluntjudge:
Dear op ,did you say you are 30 or 13 because you don't really act your age.. You don't see anything wrong in sharing a drink with a total stranger from the same cup in the presence of your husband?

Abeg you are not ready to settle down .. you better leave that innocent man alone and save him from heartbeat.. nonsense
Same cup? shocked shocked in the presence of her husband shocked

Weird
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 26, 2019
pocohantas:
Lol. You are behaving like most virgins or women who married as one, very flirty and jovial.

They always think they can handle all the attention without sex and since they have done it for years- they hardly ever see any reason to stop or be convinced otherwise. You should know you are married and act accordingly. Humans are territorial and they want to know they are the only ones that can get your attention in that kinda way. It should be exclusive, right?

Please, your husband is not being insecure. You are the one acting like a child.

i have one guy I am profiling here, once I confirm he is very rich- all my rough play will stop...

Nairaland weddin loading ... we gonna paint d venue red, pills on pills grin no room 4 gold diggers.

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by nlPoster: 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
pocohantas:

I have one guy I am profiling here, once I confirm he is very rich- all my rough play will stop...

Brb
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
You are not a bad person but you are naïve. Sooner or later, someone will take advantage of you, not necessarily sexually. A married woman should carry herself with respect, that will automatically also translate to respect for her husband by others and vice versa.

Women who have self respect are highly respected by others. You must set boundaries the way you interact with people, both male and female. This free spirit thing needs to be toned down. Trust me, some day even your food seller friend will want to meddle in your marital affairs.

For a man to want to taste from your drink is a classic example of the 'see finish' that comes with being too friendly with everyone. Please, try and carry yourself with a bit of self pride going forward. Your husband is just trying to protect you The world is not friendly, too many wolves out there.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by kobarney(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

Thanks, I always tell him everything. Like I have been in the midst of my friends females, someone bought drinks and pepper soup for us, I didn't accept. When he came back, I still told him. The only thing I don't tell him, is the one that he was present and witness. I tell him from the beginning till the end of my daily happenings, even where I know I am wrong.
As a single, I didn't accept gifts from my male friends except the ones I can afford. Otherwise I wouldn't. Reason, you can use what you gifted me to have a better hold of me. I would replace it immediately. I hardly send my account for someone to give me money...no...I didn't, except family members, male friends, No.
So I have always been contented with the little I have and don't accept gifts any how.
Even him as my husband knows I don't totally expect things I cannot afford from him, he knows that about me and still act like someone who married a prostitute.

Once I told his brother, he was shouting and telling me he would talk to him.

I do apologise but it's becoming irritating to me that I can't talk to anybody have a discussion and part ways in and discuss my "chykers" with him.
Some people comes with a good proposal that I know if I follow up something good would come out of it...like jobs and contract even though might be small.

The problem usually starts when I tell him later of how my day went and who I spoke with or met for the day.

He saw a guy talking to me one day like that, we didn't talk long but somehow he mentioned a business I have had interest in, I also noticed the guy is civil engineer, same school with my brother, and from my side too, I quickly collected the guy's number so that I would know more through phone instead of standing there discussing with him. I even waved at him and smiled to come and see my brother oo when I saw him. It became an issue, that I was talking with anybody I see. That day he also said I should have brought the strange person home and stay at home to discuss with him. I just met him once, don't know him much? Should have brought him home? Like....I don't understand

Hello madam again, we guys are very calculative. I'm presuming you didn't have much relationship experiences.. we guys are very calculative.. your husband knows Wassup.. he knows when handshakes are beginning to extend to the elbows. trust me.. he knows he got a sweetheart and isn't willing to share. you see that third guy... even if Na priest e be... your man go still para.. all those ones Na moves... and he just gotta find of thieves.. too bad he's feels too hyper about it.. but I'm not sure of the man who introduced gonna get furious about that drink episodes..

men will get jealous if their wives give out her numbers.
give her glass to another or what ever platonic act.

all he needs... assurance..
things I think you should do if you aren't.

1. take their numbers instead.. on paper.. when gisting him.. show him.. drop it on his table.. trust me.. there's a psychology to this

2. if you don't wear your wedding ring.. wear it.

3. if he's around you.. say things to let the third party know you're married.. like.. "meet my husband.." call him "honey".. Oga will square shoulder around you for their front.

4. " I'll discuss it with my husband and we'll see about that " then tell him like that and still discuss then get an answer.

you know... with time.. Bros is gonna relax and have good assurance..

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by generationz(f): 1:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:
I have always been a free spirited person. For instant, I don't segregate who I speak with, I accommodate all sane person except there's a reason I shouldn't associate with the person. Giving you my contact is not a problem for me, it's picking your calls or saving your contact finally, indicates you in my good book.
Then I got married, I stopped many of this but giving contact and speaking with strangers, I couldn't stop. My husband married me as a virgin at 30. Even while we were dating I still maintained my stand. We did everything but any form of sex. We are just I year old in the marriage by the way.
I already mentioned I'm a free spirited person but that doesn't mean I don't play mind games. I never hide anything even my daily encounter from my husband. But when ever I tell him about meeting someone new, what we discuss and how we ended, he would flare up and start quarrelling with me. That I talk to strangers, don't I know I am married, indirectly calling me a flirt. I have left the house several times for him. Everyday we would be talking about samething. I told him I cannot stop meeting people and telling him about it.
We are practically always together that he could tell where to meet me even if there was no prior calling to know my whereabout. If my phone is not reachable for any reason, he has and knows who to call to reach me. He knows my daily engagements like that.
Even when things happened in his absence, I tell him the exact way it happened even if I was at fault or not. Just the way it happened.
Most times he comes home very late but I don't have problems with that again, provided I was able to hear from him.
He is very caring and loving too.

Yesternight, his numbers wasn't going through, it was getting late as usual. I didn't know how to reach him and he was still out of town when I heard from him last. Around 9pm, I haven't heard from my husband, he hasn't called. I came out to a nearby bar where he usually spends his time, he wasn't there, I sat with my friend who sells food in the evening, a young girl, then I met his policeman friend and was complaining that I haven't heard from him.
Then later I went to our house to go and continue waiting oo. Since it was already late.

Around 10:20pm, no sign yet, I came out again now saw him. He was just coming back. I was angry a bit but I calmed my self down because we were outside and I also was thinking he must be tired.

So I beckoned on him to let's go, he insisted we sit and have some drinks.
We formed a table of four, the food seller friend of mine and one drunk guy, he said the guy is his brother.
So while we were drinking, he( my husband) needed to talk with one of our Compound's guy there, so he moved to their table.

I left the drunk, smoking guy at the table and I and my gf( the food seller) went to her table, every thing is within 7-9 Meters range.

While we were seated at the food stand, gf narrating her encounter to me, I was still with my drink in a glass. A guy came, all of us sometimes sit there in the evening. One thing led to another oo, he was thinking I was having a stout because my eyes were already weak. He said he would drink out of it to prove it, my husband and his friend were around watching us.
I said no wahala, let me finish, I would give him the last glass. I did.

My husband came to tell me, what that guy(our Compound's guy) said, that someone collected my drink from me, I was like wow, what's wrong in giving somebody my drink.
A drink I didn't want to take again. I was hearing, I am not supposed to give my drink to him, I asked if they knew what transpired....we started another quarrel. This time around he accused me of flirting with the guy. Me!.... I told him, he would have told his friend that that was nothing.

If we started listing rights and wrong, it was wrong of us to be outside by that time looking for who?

I have thick skin for what people think of me from afar but someone I share a home with...I can't really deal.

Please, what do you think about this whole story, if I'm wrong in anyway kindly point it out, and my husband what do you think of his reaction, if you were in his shoes and I was your wife, would you think or behave as him

I am beginning to feel my marriage is not right. Someone that cannot trust me, I don't understand.

Please, what do you think. No insult please . Call a spade, a spade, I wouldn't mind

Mtsheeww

That man has serious trust issues. Both of you are not compatible personality wise.

Imagine, someone as jovial as you keeping your virginity when you had so many opportunities to loose it. Yet, he can't trust you.

Plus, you tell him everything. Yours would have been the perfect solid ground for a perfect relationship.

I like someone I can tell everything to and who can tell me everything too because I'm not the emotional type. I don't easily get jealous.

Also, I know some people naturally have a penchant to seem flirtatious. They are just friendly. They just want people around them to feel comfortable. It's not like they want to date them.

Go to youtube and type Craig Ferguson. He had a show some years back. The way he spoke to women on his show, you'd think he wanted to sleep with all of them.

If those people have good moral background, their morality will be unshakeable despite their friendliness.

You just have to pretend when you are around him. It is what you signed up for when you signed the dotted lines. I'm sorry darling, you will have to start keeping things away from him and colouring your words for peace to reign.

Na this kind thing dey lead to cheating because one day you'll meet someone who will listen to you and before you know it.... Yawa don gas.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by ArticleBeast: 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
Riele:

Aunty ,let him know your stance now that the marriage is still fresh before he will come online and complain that you've changed .
Please shut up.
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by doitforyou(f): 1:37pm On Nov 26, 2019
This is madness!

This crazy idea that a man can date and marry any personality he isn’t comfortable with as long as he gets to submit/correct her to fit into his mold since he’s the head of the house is the crux of marital problems in Nigeria. Your husband met and dated you as a free spirit, now that you’re married he wants to change you into a completely different personality that is unnatural to you.

Even though you submit physically, you’re going to be emotionally damaged and unhappy. You can tweak some things to be more accommodating, like being more reserved when you guys are together and you don’t have to give him a blow by blow account of your day.

Ignore all these people telling you that because you’re now a married woman.... as if your DNA mutates into a whole different personality when you say “I do”.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by doitforyou(f): 1:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
generationz:

Mtsheeww

That man has serious trust issues. Both of you are not compatible personality wise.

Imagine, someone as jovial as you keeping your virginity when you had so many opportunities to loose it. Yet, he can't trust you.

Plus, you tell him everything. Yours would have been the perfect solid ground for a perfect relationship.

I like someone I can tell everything to and who can tell me everything too because I'm not the emotional type. I don't easily get jealous.

Also, I know some people naturally have a penchant to seem flirtatious. They are just friendly. They just want people around them to feel comfortable. It's not like they want to date them.

Go to youtube and type Craig Ferguson. He had a show some years back. The way he spoke to women on his show, you'd think he wanted to sleep with all of them.

If those people have good moral background, their morality will be unshakeable despite their friendliness.

You just have to pretend when you are around him. It is what you signed up for when you signed the dotted lines. I'm sorry darling, you will have to start keeping things away from him and colouring your words for peace to reign.

Na this kind thing dey lead to cheating because one day you'll meet someone who will listen to you and before you know it.... Yawa don gas.
Thank you! I literally just posted this before I saw ur comment. This is why most people are unhappy in their marriages. There is no ONE personality a married woman should have. Women come in vast personalities and they can still be faithful, good mothers, etc.

How can you marry someone a free spirit, now you want to turn her into your idea of wife material. Why didn’t he look for that type of woman to date and marry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by kellycute(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2019
JaneKenedy:

I do, I mean he has come back and told me his encounter with a girl that was suppose to work under him, how the girl tried to seduce him, I just laughed about it and just told him he won, instead of asking him how they arrived at that stage...you see, in my compound, there's a girl he calls his sweetheart, they used to be close pals. I didn't even ask details, He told me how someone from his past relationships, came to give him wedding invitation, he stood the person outside because of what people might say and because he is married. I told him no, that the person was his guest, suppose to bring her home except there's another thing he is avoiding. I have come home to meet a girl he said he stayed with her family during nysc days, he refused the girl to cook for them till I can back, I asked why. If you can house her, why can't she cook too, I laughed over it. And believe me when I say, I avoid people ones I know you have an agenda. So I do that. I only trust him and not what people say about him. Even if he is chyking girls in my presence, i don't have problems with that provided it was just surface, which 'we' laugh about. He replies my chat sometimes and I do that, like practically I hide nothing from him. I am transparent with him, reason so that someone would not come and say...I say your wife laughing with someone....

Thanks for that....reverse visualization....I don't treat people the way I don't want to be treated.

Mind you, I only reported what I did and how he reacted, at first, the above are just few of where I suppose to be mad but I wasn't, and I have never minded them, because I am home and he is home too, he is still a human first before he married me. I can't cage him like that, that he can't talk with strangers especially the ones you can't read at first.

After all you never can tell who has the info that would help your ministry in future. I have also tried to explain things with him.

I can never cheat on him even if my life depends on it.
I would rather be killed than to have extra marital affairs. Just like I would rather die than to be raped or loose my virginity then....

I am strict and wired like that.
you don't love your husband enough that is why you said you won't have any problem if he is chyking a gurl in your presence. Stop deceiving yourself young lady.
Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by generationz(f): 2:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
doitforyou:

Thank you! I literally just posted this before I saw ur comment. This is why most people are unhappy in their marriages. There is no ONE personality a married woman should have. Women come in vast personalities and they can still be faithful, good mothers, etc.

How can you marry someone a free spirit now you want to turn her into your idea of wife material. Why didn’t he look for that type of woman to date and marry?

I tire o.

Understanding is the bedrock of a solid relationship.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers by pricklewane: 2:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
If at 30 years of age any lunatic can walk up to your table and collect drink from you simply because your husband was some distance away then I have nothing but insult for you but I will hold back from dishing it out.

I once invited a girl from Lagos to a club in Ib some years back n at the club she met old acquaintances, later wanted to do karaoke and ended up sitting on the laps of the club owner in his office. She came back flirting with me like am some fool but i rebuffed her advance n pour my drink on her. A fight broke out n that was how her acquaintance, club bouncer n I ended at the police station that night.

If any random olosho walked up to your husband, collected his drink and walked away is it the way you narrated this essay you'd have narrated the episode ? I don't advice people understand difference btw right n wrong. If you are tired of your marriage and want fool around quit the marriage or beta quit bring stories you are totally at fault on NL for sane mine to judge.

JaneKenedy:

So you'd have been ok if a random girl collect your husband's drink in your neighbors bar ?

Riele:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Worst Nightmare - 4 D Guys Only / Is It The Best To Marry A Virgin? / She Might Leave Me Because I'm Jobless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.