Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,584 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

I'm Depressed Over My Height - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Depressed Over My Height (64362 Views)

Short Man Undergoes Painful Surgical Procedure To Increase His Height / Suicide Has Taken Over Me. I Can't Control It I'm Depressed / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Faboya101: 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lol..this guy you no get work
I'm 6"4 and on top of that I'm chubby but I'm not bothered
There are more important things to be bothered about

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by 8stargeneral: 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
if people wey tall tell u hw ladies hover around dem,u go thank ur God for given u height, u don't know what u have. ....imagine!
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Burgerlomo: 3:02pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

This has made me an introvert and I don't socialize.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!

Na wa 4 dis life sha the kind of height someone which they got is what you're complaining about cool
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by CSTR2: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sunofgod:
Are you in primary school?

If you were Osinbanjos height nko?
6ft 2 is a perfect height.

Nothing worse than being a short man.
lol.
Though i have noticed that many Tall guys are hardly sensible and sharp though.
Like an agric fowl.

I am the exception.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Pope22(m): 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
The kind of things we read here on nairaland are annoying sometimes. The other day, someone said he has 4.2GP and is depressed. Now someone is who is 6.2 ft tall says he is repressed. God should take the blessings he has given to someone people and give them the opposite so that some of them will have sense.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Truthisit: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2019
You should be happy that you have such an asset in height. Why can't you annex this resource to your advantage.
Have you seen NBA Basketballers? None of their top players is shorter than 6 feet!
Try and look at the massive advantage God has bestowed on you with this massive figure rather than hating on yourself.

Adekun33:
Am 19yrs old and I am 188cm i.e 6.2ft. I feel so awkward about my height. I feel that am no longer tall but long, for a very long time now i hated everything about my height to the extent I feel very sad and depressed every day.

As a result of that, I've lost confidence in myself and also my self-esteem is nothing to write home about.

So pls tall dudes out there, I want to know how you deal with your self esteem and confidence and also how you approach comments about your heights cuz am gradually going insane!!!
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Starz825(m): 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
yea am skinny

But not that skinny tho
So wats ur stress...
Tallness na great deal out there bro....if u are tall u get respected by pple around you.. except you gat a baby face....
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Realist1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2019
You guys should stop insulting him he is young and naive.I believe people around don't assure you that your height is a gift.So I'm now telling you now that you have been gifted by nature,by your parents with a good height so enjoy it and be very happy.Most people and women generally love men with good height like yours so please be bold and cheerful.My Nephew is 17 and he is about 6 feet 3inches tall,and he is still going to be taller. He relishes it.So just try to do press ups or lift weights to add some muscle and definition to your frame.

Please girls in the house assure him his height is so attractive and likeable .He really needs your assurances. wink

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by blackfase(m): 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
When i saw the headline, i was thinking it was some kinta kinte kinda height. Op, u no serious o. 6.2 and u dey whine like that?

Im 5.10 and iv been told a couple of times by ladies im too short for them. Now scratch that...

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by desgiezd(m): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
You should be thanking God rather than being depressed. Watch a game of Basketball especially the American league, I'm sure you'll immediately start thanking God for what he has done for you.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Geekamon(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
I'm 6'2+ yet I'm praying for more height

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by bamdly(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
You are abt my height and u feel like a weido u need sense
Me dat i always use dis opportunity to abuse short pple
Ahhh u don fall my hand
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by NiggasInParis: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
Rubyventures:

The truth is with 6.2, when he mixes with professional basket ball players he will look short. 6.2 is not that tall, so I don't know what op's problem is.

Sure..he could start now at an early age and excel.. for the fact that he is just 19 he has alot of prospects
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by waynejesus: 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2019
Inbox me dear
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by ibkayee(f): 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

WHAT??!!!

See this one, guy your height is perfect. Perhaps your concern is over how your weight and height look combined? If so, you can always adjust weight, something you can’t do with height smiley

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by SenecaTheYonger: 3:11pm On Nov 26, 2019
Eyanbook:
Tallito

So you made it seem like I was the one who posted the ad, so they'll block me instead of you. Myd44
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by GregJames(m): 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Am even taller than you, mtcheeeew.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Hanzzo: 3:12pm On Nov 26, 2019
Lmao. 6"2 and u think say u tall. Bro ure not even tall. 13 year olds are taller than you in yankee. Better start playing basketball if you haven't started already. You will be dunking and getting chicks in no time. Trust me. grin. Am 6"1 and believe me, i wash i was 6"5. Height na blessing my gee.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by sparko1(m): 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

I can relate with you, I was 6.2 ft around that age too, and its seems like forever, I am the tallest person in my immediate and know extended family, even though I come from a family of tall people at some point in my life it felt like being tall is the only thing remarkable about me. Everyone just hate you for no reason, they feel you are too fortunate and they can't have you been happier than you already are, that is the reason you hear them say things like, you have tall and forget sense. They just want you to look a little miserable like them. (Reminds me of a particular time, the end of an academic session when I was in secondary school, the principal was presenting gift to the best student and when he called me, he looked shocked like, how is that possible, it was a difficult time for me and still is). My point is, everyone just overlook you, stop trying to please anyone, even those short cute ladies you see now have issues with their self esteem, they just mask it like they prefer who they are. Enjoy your height, don't wear low heel shoes if you don't like it, do what make you happy and focus your energy on that.

YOU ARE ONLY AS HAPPY AS YOU WANT TO BE, NOTHING CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY. YOU JUST HAVE TO DECIDE TO BE HAPPY!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by tolguy(m): 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sunofgod:

grin
Sunofgod:

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
I remembered being awkward about my height back then.. Finally settled at 6f3.. Everybody get ee own .. Op just know that its nothing more than teen angst.. U would love u getting past dis stage
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by MiddleDimension: 3:14pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:

you are young, you wilk out grow your insecurities. also, the insecurity is coming probably because now you have seen someone you love, and would like to have a relationship. anyway, go for her; i do not promise it will end in the most pleasant way for you but, it will build you up for more confidence in yourself and in your height as time goes on. usually, when you are 27 upwards, you will become even more confident in a wqy you will never believe it was possible.

thanks
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Areaboy2(m): 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
i'm 6'3" and sometimes i wish i was even taller cheesy
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Bbbwings: 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2019
bros go to gym and add muscle
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by afilaka(f): 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
Adekun33:
yea am skinny

But not that skinny tho

try lifting weight,it wld change ur body structure.....ur tallness is nt an issue at all.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2019
Forward77:
Take my advise,
You are lucky to be that tall.
Hit the gym once a while to build your body and you’ll regain your self esteem!

Next!!!

Dude, listen to this man here. He hit the point.

1 Like

Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by twinke209(m): 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
I was around that same height when I was your age,right now I'm 6"6...just be proud of your height, I'm proud of mine and also get compliments from people.
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by beinstein(m): 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2019
Biglittlelois:

Wow, 6.5, you are too tall shocked

I'm not complaining, and you shouldn't.
grin grin
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by PotatoSalad(m): 3:22pm On Nov 26, 2019

OP is definitely trolling. Other than bumping my head against door frames, I'm happy with my height lol
The one that happened this morning was so painful that i cursed the door frame grin
I'm 6'3"
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by Abfinest007(m): 3:24pm On Nov 26, 2019
u are sick I wish am tall as you
Re: I'm Depressed Over My Height by mine85(m): 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
That's how they insulted me too when I was young... I am 6.2+.....

Today, I am being celebrated as the tallest guy in the neighborhood.... We are few.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

My New Girl Friend May Leave Me Because Of My Body. / Canada Joins US, Changes Rules For Nigerian Doctors, Others To Practice / Ebola: Nigerians Blast US FDA For Calling Its Experimental Drug, Pesticide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.