Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! - Family (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! (97302 Views)

Man Finds Out Who His Biological Father Is After Carrying Out A DNA Test (photo) / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Teenage Sister Already Having Sex With Yahoo Boys & My Father Is An Extremist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2019
emddi:
Do you believe our earth runs as fast as 4km/second,yet no turbulence and you feel no movement around you?Now this is not religion,let us enter science for the sake of "logical thinkers"

Yes..why asky?
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Ishilove: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2019
Augustap:

Can you show us pictures and please don't post Lupita Nyong'o's pictures here grin grin
Why will I have my neighbour's pictures or pictures of her corpse, or any picture pertaining to her for that matter?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by midnighter(f): 11:56am On Dec 02, 2019
EmptyCoconutHead:

Mfire ndong
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by dangermouse(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2019
chigoizie7:

From what op wrote, the man returned home I. 1968, when he was injured not when the war ended. Which means 2019 minus 1968 is 51 years ago, the man being 69 now, if you subtract 69 from 51, it means that he was 18 when he returned home in 1968 as a result of the injury.

As for his son. 38 in 2019 means that he was born in 1981. 13 years after his father returned home in1968. Which means the father gave birth to him at the age of 31.

It is still logical.

My point is, was the Gabon friend the only one aware that this man died? Are there no other survivors of the war, I mean from the same battalion? Let the Gabon man look for ways to find them and let’s know what really happened.

well spoken .
you raised valid points unlike many people that have commented so far.

The man in question knows Mr T to the extent of knowing his family and village .
during the war many children were forcefully conscripted into the Biafran army and today some of them are still alive to tell the stories.

The Gabon man from the story is Mr T's kinsman and so they must have known each other very well during the time and after the war many dispersed and there were cases of people who never returned from the battle front till date.

The op from all indications is telling the truth as I have heard eye witness accounts of similar cases before.
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by geezynoni: 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2019
mcbliss:
M reading this creepy thread at nyt, hmmm. Hu send me !
Creepy asf...It got to a stage,I just had to close the page.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by toprealman: 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2019
tianshie:

Flog who?
You of course for spewing shii
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ego2:
I believe you saw the part I wrote no one from the family knew his friends in Abj, where he lived or worked. he had issues in Lagos a matter of life and death reason he run to Abj where he knew nobody and we have had no relations over there as @ that time and I was thirteen when he came bk to lag years after promising that I'll spend my Nxt holiday with him in Abj days after he travelled to go see my granny his mum in the east where he got ill and died, everything he had in Abj we never found or looked for since there was no means of knowing them..it's been 12years since his death.. so you believing or not is not up to me and I am in no contest with your beliefs.

Childish! Case closed. You never knew his place of work nor his friends but you knew he worked for additional two years after his demise.
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Ego2(f): 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
oldtruth:

Childish! Case closed. You never knew his place of work nor his friends but you knew he worked for additional two years after his demise.
childish to you. your opinion but if I were you I'd pray not to find myself in some unexplainable situations. �
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Eberex(m): 12:29pm On Dec 02, 2019
This happened in a boarding school in the South East.
Michael (not his real name) was the school's top student when it comes to tracking events. He was very popular. There is also Alex (not real name) who likes to sneak out of the school during weekends to visit his relations who stay in the town.

The school was preparing for her annual inter-house sport, so students were practicing. Michael was also part of those taking part in the training. But something unfortunate happened that day. Michael slumped while training and was rushed to the medical center. He didn't make it. Alex wasn't around when this happened, as he has already sneaked out of the school wall early during the day.

The school was in a sober mood all through Friday evening when the incident happened. Nobody could study or play.

Alex sneaked back in on Sunday and entered his classroom where he met some of his friends, but they weren't studying, but instead, they all looked dull and sad. He asked them what the problem was? No one answered. He kept on asking and asking them to stop all this rubbish they are doing and tell him whats up. The friends realized he didn't know what happened on Friday, then told him.

Instead of feeling sad, Alex burst out laughing. "Una dey joke abi", "which kin rough play be this na", "Make una no dey use this kin thin play o"

His friends told him it was the truth, why would they joke with such?

Alex got upset and told them "una dey crazy?" Just as i was climbing the steps to this place i met Michael on his way down the steps. I said hi but he didn't respond, but just kept walking. Na so me sef leave am begin climb up.

The moment he said this, and from the look from his friends face, he realized he just saw Michael's ghost. Come see as everyone scattered.

4 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2019
Duggedised12:
they are dumb cos they refused to double check which turned out to be false even scientists have made false claims ,the onus lies on us to check for facts. You just don't go around taking in what someone says , a belief system should be based on defendable facts .

Many of the commenters all rushed to believe the op because they have heard a similar story elsewhere from another person who also heard from another person they never even bothered to check for the authenticity of the op's story who i presume must be laughing his ass out at the gullibility of people to believe his story,lol

For all we know ,this thread might even be a human experiment project to test human psychology and reasoning.
What "fact" do you have that God exist since you believe in God
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by perdollar(m): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
LadySarah:
He was waiting for the New biafra undecided undecided
A lot of them believed so much in it.

Btw Op,your friends seem to have weird 'fathers'.Has the 9 storey building been sold? grin grin

Story teller
u need dick in ur life
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by shilz(f): 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2019
seborrhic:

As an aside,pls where do you get night buses to Onitsha and Aba.Someone wants to travel tomorrow for a Wednesday morning appointment in Aba and is asking me where he can get a night bus
sorry that isn't my route .ask the transport companies around you.
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by djpaparazzi(f): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2019
kokomilala:
It's transmigration of souls.In Yoruba metaphysical world it's called AKUDAYA, which literally translates as reincarnation. It's demons that used the image of that man to create the lie that reincarnation happens.
With prayers ,the demons can be exorcised.
pls can you shed more light on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Duggedised12(f): 1:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
emddi:
What "fact" do you have that God exist since you believe in God
Humans ,that is my fact.
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by ekmike(m): 1:22pm On Dec 02, 2019
Has he not been ageing over the years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Damntruth(m): 1:24pm On Dec 02, 2019
tianshie:

Bro, that's crazy!!
and scary too
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by LordAzubuike(f): 1:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Eberex:
This happened in a boarding school in the South East.
Michael (not his real name) was the school's top student when it comes to tracking events. He was very popular. There is also Alex (not real name) who likes to sneak out of the school during weekends to visit his relations who stay in the town.

The school was preparing for her annual inter-house sport, so students were practicing. Michael was also part of those taking part in the training. But something unfortunate happened that day. Michael slumped while training and was rushed to the medical center. He didn't make it. Alex wasn't around when this happened, as he has already sneaked out of the school wall early during the day.

The school was in a sober mood all through Friday evening when the incident happened. Nobody could study or play.

Alex sneaked back in on Sunday and entered his classroom where he met some of his friends, but they weren't studying, but instead, they all looked dull and sad. He asked them what the problem was? No one answered. He kept on asking and asking them to stop all this rubbish they are doing and tell him whats up. The friends realized he didn't know what happened on Friday, then told him.

Instead of feeling sad, Alex burst out laughing. "Una dey joke abi", "which kin rough play be this na", "Make una no dey use this kin thin play o"

His friends told him it was the truth, why would they joke with such?

Alex got upset and told them "una dey crazy?" Just as i was climbing the steps to this place i met Michael on his way down the steps. I said hi but he didn't respond, but just kept walking. Na so me sef leave am begin climb up.

The moment he said this, and from the look from his friends face, he realized he just saw Michael's ghost. Come see as everyone scattered.

What if he saw another person he mistook as Michael? And that one didn't respond coz he was just looking at him like "who this one dey call Michael". Learn to reason things from different perspective. Think outside the box
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by kinzd(m): 1:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
Oga confirm very well from your frnd (eze) if his parents are having issues of any kind cos its look kinda the DAD abscond (abandoned) the family cos the same thing happened in my area a man left his wife with two daughters na so rumours come sey na GHOST_MAN to everybody's suprise the man came back this year and narrated his story.
tianshie:

Here it is.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Eberex(m): 1:53pm On Dec 02, 2019
LordAzubuike:

What if he saw another person he mistook as Michael? And that one didn't respond coz he was just looking at him like "who this one dey call Michael". Learn to reason things from different perspective. Think outside the box

Will you see your own classmate and not recognize him?

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by atobs4real(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
hisgrace090:

Never you joke with everything.

All that is required from us now as nairalanders is a way forward to the berieved family both in prayer and otherwise.
I have an aunty that also falls into such. Yoruba called it AKUDAYA which means some who is late now comes back to life but they don't come towards where they are known. Once they have the feelings that a known person saw them, they disappear.
It is mostly caused by untimely death. Sorry about what happened

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
Duggedised12:
Humans ,that is my fact.
how is that a fact?have you seen God creating human or have you seen him at all?
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Eberex(m): 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2019
Eberex:

Will you see your own classmate and not recognize him?

Park for one side jare
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by sylve11: 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2019
digitaltrades:

Your moniker talks about wisdom, but your comment is on the flip side of wisdom

ewo! shocked shocked cool
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2019
tianshie:

Why are you interested in the paranormal?
u are crazy!
angry
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ego2:
childish to you. your opinion but if I were you I'd pray not to find myself in some unexplainable situations. �

Amen. Okay. Thank you
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by tianshie(m): 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2019
Thank you for all the advice. I am very grateful. For those who doubt what is clearly a mystery, a painful episode for my friend's family, I've been told to tell you this—Every child is born with the name of the world in his mouth, and at death that name is declared—a key between this world and the next.
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Faaruk(m): 3:05pm On Dec 02, 2019
Chai shocked

Smalldick123:
Let them Flog the hell outta him when next he visit
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Momcherry(f): 3:06pm On Dec 02, 2019
tianshie:
Thank you for all the advice. I am very grateful. For those who doubt what is clearly a mystery, a painful episode for my friend's family, I've been told to tell you this—Every child is born with the name of the world in his mouth, and at death that name is declared—a key between this world and the next

But if your story is true, why then did u post pics of someone else claiming it's your friend's father's

4 Likes

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by Thurifer: 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2019
Tell that ur friend to relax his mind because I know about 4 different families it had happened to including in my extended family.
My extended family (junior brother to my Grandpa) own is of this same Biafra war.
Tell him it's okay if he his scared but they should go visit a spiritualist (Herbalist or Pastor, Real Pastor)... He should never answer to his name if he isn't seeing the person calling him, burn his father's clothes preferably close to his grave (if any) or any place.
If he his the first child or son, he should get Dry Gin and kolanut, summon his father by calling his name and pouring the drink and on the Ground not Floor (Preferably on his grave)
Most especially, he should visit a VERY STRONG SPIRITUALIST (Native, Pastor or Alfa)

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by tianshie(m): 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2019
Ishilove:

Stop using us as a creative writing project. So Alpha Kanu is Pa Thaddeus abi? I ought to give you a few strong words but I will hold my peace.

Mscheeeeeeeew.

This is not a creative writing project. All who don't believe this are but a speck in the celestial scheme of things. Why should I bother? We're talking about death, and no one has ever grown less by dying. We reincarnate.
Re: My Friend's Father Is A Ghost!! by martjay(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
I don't know the motive of this story. This picture is that of a Sierra Leonian politician named Alpha Khan

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Why Did Slain Usifo Ataga Cheat On Pretty Wife Brenda Ataga? / What Does It Mean For Babies To Be Looking Through Their Legs? / What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.