Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,547 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (50308 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2007
@Gamine, Ishans are Edos too.

@ Gamine

Bini, ishan etc it's all Edo state. Maybe the poster was trying to make it broad to get more posts. I'm not sure though

like i dont know!! shocked
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2007
@ Gamine

I guess you are just been ignorant.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2007
i dont have to guess

i know ur stupid.
stupid tribalist
tongue
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by dachamp(m): 10:54pm On Aug 08, 2007
@Gamine
i don't have to guess

i know your stupid.
stupid tribalist

@kojeiwa
@ Gamine

I guess you are just been ignorant.
There is no point in insultin each other , reagardin the topic, l don't think the poster was wrong to have classified all as Edos.

Back 2 topic:

l have really learn alot from this topic, though my parents are from Essan Central (Edo State) but l was born n brought up in Lag. l have some friends whose parents are from Edo State but doesn't speak the language, believe me some ppl doesn't know the meanin of their native names. lol
Thank God for the poster, l have learnt alot
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 7:16pm On Aug 09, 2007
Cant u pple frickn understand that there is no

'Edo' Language

there r so many in edo state n someone comes here tryn to claim

he or she speaks "Edo"

CRAP.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 9:25pm On Aug 09, 2007
@Gamine

You have an issue. You need a reality check
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 2:59pm On Aug 10, 2007
my issue is with people like u

u need a Brain check.
lipsrsealed
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2007
My Dad is from Owan-West, Saboginda Ora, I wouldn't really say I am from Benin even if my mom is from there. So to

generalize it all, I am from Edo State. That is what I tell people.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2007
yes im from Edo state too
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Tornadoz(m): 8:05am On Aug 11, 2007
@Gamine

You are fast spoiling the rapport that was brewing here. My advice to you is to try another thread instead of being rude and insulting. People tried explaining the reason to you but you are fixated with trying to start an argument.
The topic is " If you from EDO State, Represent. The Heart Beat of the Nation". And you were accusing someone of being tribalistic. Where is the tribalism? Would have been better if the poster had just addressed the topic to the Binis and the Ishans is it?
No one would know you are stupid except you actually open your mouth to speak. Next time zip it if you have no meaningful contribution to make.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Macutie(f): 8:27am On Aug 11, 2007
Wetin de worry una?

I'm Edo as well! And i suggest if u dont lik d thread , U leave

k?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by texazzpete(m): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2007
@Tornadoz
Stop picking on Gamine and use your brains instead. The truth is this thread could have been a little more welcoming to people of other Tribes in Edo State. It's plain to see she came into this thread with high expectations, only to see people focusing primarily on the Bini people.

@Gamine
take a chill pill and relax. You're actually sending this topic into chaos. Explain where you're coming from and let's settle this amicably!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ texazzpete

After all we have explained that the Edos are not only the Bini people, instead of every body from Edo State. The tread clearly stated that if you from EDO STATE and not Benin City. Why are we contradicting ourselves. Again Ishan, Bini, Afemai, Estako, Owan we are all from EDO STATE.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2007
Blah Blah Blah

its all i see
wen i expected meaningful contributions

u pple r like ur former Governor,

All Yap and no Pap
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2007
I don't think Gamine is really from Edo State, she is just here to spoil the thread or start unnecessary agrument.

Please people ignore her.

Reminder: The Annual National EDO Convention will be held at Seattle, Washington from August 30th - Sept 3rd, 2007.

Find out more info at Edo-nation.net. You can also learn more about the Edo people, culture, history, languages and more

at the website.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2007
Edo Convention in Seattle?

madness i say, madness!

wut happened to our beloved benin-city

Nawe!

I don't think Gamine is really from Edo State

ha ha ha, how u take know shocked
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2007
leave who?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 7:48pm On Aug 13, 2007
Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200708030055.html

Nigeria: The university of Benin (UNIBEN) Ranks Best W/African Varsity

Vanguard (Lagos)

Posted to the web 3 August 2007

Gabriel Enogholase
Benin

The latest World Universities Ranking released on Wednesday has placed the University of Benin, Benin City, as the leading tertiary institution in Nigeria and West Africa, a statement by the authorities of the University indicated in Benin yesterday.

According to the statement signed by Mr. Eddy Akpomera, the Webometrics Ranking of world Universities released in July 2007, ranked the University of Benin as first ahead of other West African universities, while University of Ghana was placed second in the sub-continent.

The statement explained that within the African continent, the University of Benin was ranked 32nd position, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife 55th position, and University of Ibadan 81st position.

The University of Cape Town, is ranked number one, followed by the Rhodes University and University of the Witwatersrand, all in Africa in the ranking of Universities within the African continent.The leading university in the African continent in South Africa is ranked 380th position worldwide, while the least, Helwan University is ranked 7,756th position. UNIBEN ranked 4,904; OAU, Ile-Ife 6,215, and UI 7, 217.

It would be recalled that UNIBEN was last year adjudged the second best improved on Information Communication Technology (ICT) in the Commonwealth of Nations.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by texazzpete(m): 8:41pm On Aug 13, 2007
Good!

There's one thing we all have in common. We're all from Edo State. it should be a no-brainer that things that concern all residents of Edo State should be discussed. we expect to see and hear what's going on in the state (especially for those of us not residing there now) and more info and critiques of the current administration. We're not interested in hearing of intrigues in the Oba's palace or reading up on the history of the Bini Empire.

That, perhaps, is the point Gamine is trying to pass across, albeit in her usual belligerent manner grin
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2007
I think anything concerning Edo State and its people should be discussed. Culture, Language, Government, History, News,

Information, Education, Fashion, Jobs, Way of life and soon on.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2007
I think anything concerning Edo State and its people should be discussed. Culture, Language, Government, History, News,

Information, Education, Fashion, Jobs, Way of life and soon on.

aah Thank God! grin
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 8:35pm On Aug 14, 2007
Question:

Why do Ishan's feel different from the Binis, likewise the Binis too. My church in Chicago did their five years

aniversary last  sunday and they had every tribes do a cultural dance.  The Ishan's did theirs  dance seperately and

the Binis did theirs seperately. I wasn't really happy with that.  I think we Edos should do things as one. Maybe is just

the ones in Chicago, cause they also do their annual picnic differentely. Ishans did their picnic,  and the following

week, Binis did their picnic. Do binis and Ishans always feel different from each other?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by omoge(f): 10:10pm On Aug 14, 2007
well, i think it is the same with other part of nigeria. though the same yet too many differences.

by the way, did they dance the ehen igbagbolehinmi? (spelling pls) that acrobat dance. I always love watching my daddy dance that in their meetings. he is sooooooooooo good.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by dachamp(m): 12:20am On Aug 15, 2007
@Gamine

You are fast spoiling the rapport that was brewing here. My advice to you is to try another thread instead of being rude and insulting. People tried explaining the reason to you but you are fixated with trying to start an argument.
The topic is " If you from EDO State, Represent. The Heart Beat of the Nation". And you were accusing someone of being tribalistic. Where is the tribalism? Would have been better if the poster had just addressed the topic to the Binis and the Ishans is it?
No one would know you are stupid except you actually open your mouth to speak. Next time zip it if you have no meaningful contribution to make.

@Tornadoz
Tnx for the advice. Nigerian probs. we claim to know everything
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2007
Question:

Why do Ishan's feel different from the Binis, likewise the Binis too. My church in Chicago did their five years

aniversary last unday and they had every tribes do a cultural dance. The Ishan's did theirs dance seperately and

the Binis did theirs seperately. I wasn't really happy with that. I think we Edos should do things as one. Maybe is just

the ones in Chicago, cause they also do their annual picnic differentely. Ishans did their picnic, and the following

week, Binis did their picnic. Do binis and Ishans always feel different from each other?

here it is again
i don tire for this EDo pple

only bini and ishan exist in Edo state
nawa
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by mellow(m): 11:37am On Aug 15, 2007
me tu uwa hia

I greet all of una of the great edo kigdom.

Heart beat of the nation.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by mellow(m): 11:41am On Aug 15, 2007
The yoruba kigdom is made up of different states but they

act as one. The edo Kingdom is just a state and yet we

cannot do things as one? I think we should look into this issue.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by londoner: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2007
I'm not Edo, but I thought some of you may enjoy this clip,

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H1XBdf2IshY&mode=related&search=
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by omoge(f): 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2007
thanks a ton londoner. i enjoyed the egbangbo dance smiley wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by laudate: 5:32pm On Aug 15, 2007
@Gamine,

If you are not Ishan, Etsako, Bini, Akoko-Edo, Auchi, Igbanke (Ika) etc., then what part of Edo state are you from?? Can't you just state it simply, and tell people all about the wonderful things that make your people so special? What's your beef??

Frankly, I do not see those distinctions between the sub-groups as huge, major ones. . . . and am sure people from different sub-groups in that state, don't see each other as enemies. There may be some petty rivalry and so on, but it is not as bad as it is in some other parts of the nation.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2007
im Uneme

From Akoko Edo

Agbe no = Good morning

Kinako = Good evening or goodbye

marota = good afternoon or welcome

i love my STATE

EDO STATE ROCKS!!!!!

since u pple refused to read

this was my first post on this thread

u guys only read posts that have Bini or Ishan in them

Guagua ooh!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2007
Akoko Edo was goin to be joined to kogi state

if not for our love for our Edo brethren

we wont have fought it

now some mescaformin mescaformers that hav acc with Igbinedion r yaning me crap here!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ooni Ogunwusi Weds Wuraola Otiti In Benin (Photos) / Sango Olukoso / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.