Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? (57967 Views)

Ekiti Will Produce President For Nigeria In 2023 - Afenifere / Buhari To Decide Next Senate President For Us - Omo-agege / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by BAMOFIN1: 12:40am On Dec 08, 2019
Fashola. He gets things done in situations where he is really in charge. I put him in the same league with the likes of Sam Mbakwe, Balarabe Musa and Jakande. Soludo comes a close second.
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Arubajagz: 12:41am On Dec 08, 2019
President Osinbajo and VP Nuhu Ribadu.

Very excellent combo.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by taretoofine(m): 12:43am On Dec 08, 2019
nazram1:
my Honorable father.. a man of his words...man of lagacy grin grin grin...
no be small lagacy grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by West2019(m): 1:48am On Dec 08, 2019
I will pick francis west and sowore will.be the VP
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Kpoikpoi: 1:49am On Dec 08, 2019
computergeek:
Hands down.... If in some sort of dream I got a chance to pick a president for Nigeria, my vote goes to Femi Falana (SAN).

This man has proven to be a sturdy-spirited activist and literally a national hero. With what has been happening in the Sowore and DSS case, you can imagine how bold this man is that he's actually standing up to dictatorship and insisting that the rule of law be upheld. Of course, they may have tried several means to pay him off or shut him up, but Sir is not backing down.

A king I stan!

And before this case came up, Falana has always been the poster guy for human rights activism. This is no way tribalistic because I'm Igbo and no Igbo person comes to mind.

In 2007, Falana contested in the Ekiti state gubernatorial elections and was unsuccessful. So for those who will say he has no interest in politics, check your facts.

If you think there's anyone better, let's see.

Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Kpoikpoi: 1:50am On Dec 08, 2019
I'll pick Namdi Kanu the terrorist. Hahahahaha.
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by willyo(m): 1:56am On Dec 08, 2019
I'll pick seunmohmoh tongue
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Naijaprosper: 2:52am On Dec 08, 2019
Tinubu no. 1. Because of his results. Look what Lagos has become under his watch. Like him or not, let's be objective, he has results.

Or any of these: Osibanjo, Kwankwaso, Fashola.

Sure I'll have a few more choices on my list I've not mentioned, but my principle is, before asking us to vote you as Nigeria's president, show us what you have done in your previous endeavours.
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by NENELICIOUS: 3:07am On Dec 08, 2019
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Naijaprosper: 3:08am On Dec 08, 2019
I would choose Tinubu no 1. Because of his results not only in Lagos, but in other western states where his then ACN advanced under his watch. You may not like him, but I think we should be objective in choosing leaders.

OR

Any of Osibanjo, Kwankwaso and Fashola.
I'm sure my list is not yet exhausted, but my criterion is, anybody who can show us solid results in his past endeavours.

I think we should come to a place where he might be a Ghanaian, a Christian, Moslem or even a monkey. As far you can make our country and our lives better, then be the President.
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by stonemasonn: 3:13am On Dec 08, 2019
computergeek:
Amaechi is not fit for that seat pls
Ameachi is very very fit. And both of them are corrupt too
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by WillTop: 4:34am On Dec 08, 2019
TruthHurts100:
If I become president.... No body holding a political office will steal 1 kobo. Because before the accept the positions, they will forfeit anything they've ever owned to the government. After their 4 years.... They will be paid N400m each.

Nothing like second term.

If you are caught stealing or planning to steal. You will be removed and can never come near politics again. And no kobo will be paid to you.

If you are above 40years you have nothing to do with politics. You're not qualified.

Once a member of your family has served the nation once... Nobody from your family should come close to politics. No be inheritance.

No more agbero. More tolls.

At the end of every month.... What Nigeria made and spent will be announced to the whole country.

The law makers will receive the same salary as every other government workers. You can't be earning N23m in a month while other fight for N30,000.

Make I continue?

The president has no final say. He's only a manager with a board of director.
simplistic and naive

1 Like

Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by sammyj: 4:38am On Dec 08, 2019
Na sooii
icankel:
bro this one ur picking dead people over d living, u mean no one living in Nigerian is fit enough to rule this country
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by pfadom: 4:55am On Dec 08, 2019
Akinwumi Adesina, AfDB President and former Agric. minister.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Skooldeto(m): 5:02am On Dec 08, 2019
I will pick ordinary hammed yissa,

But u need to come to Abuja to see the good work the man is doing
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by stanquad(m): 6:12am On Dec 08, 2019
I will pick Ordinary president Dr Ahmed Isah
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by omohlexy: 7:05am On Dec 08, 2019
Myself Odogwu Felix Obi.

1 Like

Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by DonMekino(m): 7:12am On Dec 08, 2019
one of the worst problems that befell Nigeria recently Was The death of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. since then we have become directionless, lacking the fundamental tenets of rule of law.... and the make matters worse, it gets worse with each passing day
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Lydia696: 7:19am On Dec 08, 2019
Me till 2023 then I will make choice
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by mikkycoins(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2019
nzeobi:

Professor bath nnaji performed as minister for works, only mediocres believe in powers that be.
I remembered his time
Performance is measured by results
Did electricity improve during his time? No
He succeeded in building IPP's which are Now dormant and taken over by weeds.
Was he allowed to continue with his project? No
That points to powers that be
His concept was nice but was not successful because of the powers that be
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by shugabasbn: 7:26am On Dec 08, 2019
I will pick myself, I can't see my country bn messhed up by any cabals n Bn paid trillions of Naira without power, see cabals trailers destroying roads without checking mating them, seeing world moving into electric powered fast train n asking China to build old locomotive one for my country, I can't see my country overtaken by military initiated Boko Haram n can't find lasting solutions, I can't seeing my able citizens children turning to Almajirins without stopping it, I can't seeing the graduated youths of my country walking about the street without job, how do u want me to be address as number one citizen n receiving treatment abroad while I leave my own hospitals dying, sincerely speaking there is no way I will allowed my country be divided into tribals n religious lines n no way will I allowed politicians n leaders embezzled money that will benefit all without hanging them. There is no way Joshuas of my country will be claiming British because I will make the country proud of all.

The only man that I think can do it a little better is The Comptroller-General of Customs Col. Hameed Ibrahim Ali (Rtd).
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by nzeobi(m): 7:27am On Dec 08, 2019
mikkycoins:

I remembered his time
Performance is measured by results
Did electricity improve during his time? No
He succeeded in building IPP's which are dormant and overtaken by weeds.
Was he allowed to continue with his project? No
That points to powers that be
His concept was nice but was not successful because of the powers that be
Oga electricity improved under him because he mandated all discos to buy and distribute any power generated by the discos
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by obidark: 7:27am On Dec 08, 2019
DonMekino:
one of the worst problems that befell Nigeria recently Was The death of President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. since then we have become directionless, lacking the fundamental tenets of rule of law.... and the make matters worse, it gets worse with each passing day

you are right....people that founded nigeria back then are dying out....
people after them dont even understand what nigeria was all about now....
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Zeemam: 8:19am On Dec 08, 2019
Prof. Yemi Osinbajo
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by K2MOMOS(m): 8:40am On Dec 08, 2019
NAIRA MARLEY as president and ZLATAN as vice pressident every body whould be malians haha
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by colossus91(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2019
I know who i won't pick tho.....not Sowore please.......
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:01am On Dec 08, 2019
orion7:
nobody asked where you from. drop your post and get out
Oh Lawd! grin
Many funny comments for dis Nairaland o.
Dis one burst our belle.
So funny!
cheesy wink grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by mcbliss: 10:00am On Dec 08, 2019
Sowore
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by Josh44s(m): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2019
The problem isn’t choosing the right person but if the person will surround him/her self with the right people. From ministers, generals, governors to other agencies
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by urahara(m): 10:26am On Dec 08, 2019
grandstar:

I was in Lag when he was union leader. He has zero to offer. Someone who said he will give oil wells to universities. Even Buhari pass am

Grandstar where are external reserves kept ?
Re: If You Were Opportuned To Choose A President For Nigeria, Who Would You Pick? by nick50(m): 10:27am On Dec 08, 2019
Kingsley moghalu

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Boko Haram Terrorists Openly Observe Eid-el-Fitr Prayer (Pictures) / Police React To News Of Soldiers 'Storming Nnamdi Kanu's House' / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari And Vice President Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.