Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,108 members, 7,953,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:27 PM

The Children Of Thunder - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Children Of Thunder (21368 Views)

A Short Poem In Honour Of The Children's Day By Pat Ashinze / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 9-10 / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
The other sentinel paused to scan the new turn of events, it's partner had just been decommissioned thus slashing the odds of victory by half, it's visor scanned the algorithm and it decided that going near the cage is a no no, a likely possibility of failure, keeping it's distance, it then activated it's weapon system and opened fire at them.

"It's a logical thinking sentinel," Omotola yelled over the rapid fire of machine guns, " I don't think it's going to give us a chance to lure it towards the cell."

True to her words the sentinel has adapted to the situation as it cancelled out every plan to bring it toward shango's contact. A flamethrower melted Orchids icy floor, dodging away as the 5th generation children tried to swarm it with combined strength.

"What now," Obiora gasped.

"If you cannot vanquish it, then let me possess you."

"Wait...possess, as in possess like an evil spirit?"

Shango's eyes blazed

"You dare compare me with some minor ewele deamon, boy my worshippers used to open their will to me during my sacred days as I possess them through which they performed heroic and wondrous feats, open yourself unto me and I shall lend you my strength against your foe."

Obiora hesitated

"You fear I would take over your mind, body and soul, I understand child but you need not worry, there is not much I can do before Omi ewọ̀ saps me of strength, never fear you only need enough time to finish the guardian, unless you are afraid."

"I'm not afraid of anything, how do we do this."

"Very well, we shall see if you are my child or not, now close your eyes and open your mind unto me, reach out until you feel my essence, good now embrace it and let it merge with yours."

Obiora gasped as a powerful presence entered into his body, it was as if hot molten lava flowed through his veins, the pain was too much to bare that his body convulses, after what seem like hours his stood up.

"Obi are you alright? Orchid asked concerned.

"I feel good." He answered eyes flaming.

"Dominion is the heritage of the children of thunder, for when they call, thunder answers, go child enforce my will on the infidel of iron and copper." Shango said and Obiora charged.

2 Likes

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
Chapter Twenty-three

The sentinel barreled toward Obiora and plowed unto his midriff with its shoulders, Obiora huffed as he was lifted up and the robot began to squeeze, with a roar he raise both his clasped fists up and smashed down on the sentinel's exposed shoulders.
The impact buckled it nearly unto it's knees, stunned, it dropped Obiora who hurled punches at the Sentinel's armoured chest in rapid succession sending chirps of metal flying, the robot's visor gleamed as Obiora stopped his attack and backpedalled knowing what was coming, the laser beam gained the Sentinel a moment respite as Obiora took to the air, with a roar he will up the largest flame he'd ever created and flung it down at the robot.

It recovered quickly, it's mechanical arm whirled and the hand was replaced by a foot long chain saw. Obiora dodged a swing meant to decapitate him, pivoted around a round house kick, he then grabbed the sentinel around the waist in a supplex hold and heaved.

The sentinel flailed it's arms in vain as it swung over Obiora's head and shoulders to slam against the floor as pieces of it's armour went flying. But Obiora was not done, with a roar of someone in frenzy, and a great sweep of his wings he rose up the ceiling length and then dived kamikaze style straight unto the still prone sentinel.

The resounding explosion no doubt must have been felt all through the institute as Obiora staggered out from the smoke and ruined machine, triumphant but drained as shango's spirit left him.

Suddenly; the entire room shook with an explosion as Obiora was sent flying away from the door head over heels. Doctor Mugabe glided in like an avenging spectral, led by a heavily armored Askari holding a large gun, which must have been responsible for clearing Obiora easily out of the way, his cohorts of fellow doctors and more armed Askaris followed in his wake.

For a full minute he stood snaring at the children with eyes clouded with malice.

"I tire of you lot and your self-vindictive atrocities," he croaked, "this institute is your beginning and your ending, but if you for once think you were all too valuable to be disposed of, to God who made me, you’re wrong. Too much is at stake to let you destroy everything we have built all this years, you see things in black and white, you think you’re justified. Or you think yourselves Heroes? Unique?’’

he laughed maniacally.

"That is not how the world works children, the meek don’t inherit it anymore, let me show you how unfair life is.’’

On saying this, he drew a gun from an Askari’s holster, aimed at Amaka and fired.

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
The silence after the loud clap of the gunshot was ominous, they stared dazed as Amaka gasped, a hand held her bleeding stomach, the other stretched towards the stunned children, as if in supplication.

Then she collapsed as Binta dashed to break her fall.

"Behold, the flea say, I hurt the dog; alas it knows not that in hurting its host, it hurts too. Undone by rash judgment, at last, the long awaited mistake is made. Thus the spirit of Edi; whisperer of undoing has involved himself, Aséní sé ara è.’’ Shango chant in Yoruba.

As if on cue, Babybaby wailed like a banshee.

"you've killed her," she shrieked repeatedly between sobs, her body shook with rage as the doctors drew back in alarm, her pupils dilated and flashed colors.

"Somebody put that child down.’’ Doctor Mugabe’s yelled in alarm.

Just then, they felt a tremor rolled through the entire building, sweeping everyone off his/her feet as huge chunks of debris rained from above and around.

Babybaby’s dread ability has activated.

Struggling back on her feet, Omotola coughed as she peered through the thick dust searching for her; she saw her standing over Amaka’s body, her screams rising in volume, her body vibrating as peals of shockwaves pursed from her, throwing back an Askari as he attempted a tackle.

Two things happened at once as Babybaby’s cry finally cuts off abruptly as she then slumped in a heap.

A crack snaked through the floor towards Shango’s cage, the dam split and busted open like coconut and then the whole chamber was barred in burnished steel as the emergency lockdown activated, locking them in with an avenging deity.

The doctors stared in horror as Shango rose calmly from his sitting posture, extended an arm, brushed aside the steel bars of his cage as easily as if he was parting beaded curtain, and leapt down gracefully, he ignored everyone as he stretched his limbs lazily, cramped bones snapped as he groaned.

Finally, he took a deep breath and looked down at them all, cruel eyes glinting like live coal, he does not look happy.

3 Likes

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 7:36pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hoping I have appeased y'all with this lengthy update grin....like i proposed, I'll be choosing a day to post and it's likely going to be on weekends, so next Saturday it is guys, thanks for your patience..cheers
Re: The Children Of Thunder by Kkay03(m): 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
This is just too awesome....shango is coming with a vengance and it would not be funny...............thanks for the update man...i cant wait for next saturday oooooo

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by Bobosneh: 9:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
ladies and gentlemen the title of the next chapter shall be called VENGEANCE OF THUNDER ema mura sile.

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by anuofGod(f): 10:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
sheikshegetto:
Hoping I have appeased y'all with this lengthy update grin....like i proposed, I'll be choosing a day to post and it's likely going to be on weekends, so next Saturday it is guys, thanks for your patience..cheers

Ha! I can't wait �.
Thank you so much.
More ink to your pen.
May your wisdom continue to grow.

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 10:41pm On Jan 13, 2020
anuofGod:

Ha! I can't wait �.
Thank you so much.
More ink to your pen.
May your wisdom continue to grow.

Lol
Amen
Amen to that as well
Thanks for the feedback...God bless
Re: The Children Of Thunder by Khriztarl(f): 9:26am On Jan 14, 2020
countdown has began..let me go home and rest till friday when i will book a seat..
shiekshegetto good morning..

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 9:57am On Jan 14, 2020
Khriztarl:
countdown has began..let me go home and rest till friday when i will book a seat..
shiekshegetto good morning..
and a good morning to you too kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by priestchurch(m): 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tnx very much 4 d update..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2020
priestchurch:
Tnx very much 4 d update..
grin grin
Re: The Children Of Thunder by Chukwudozzie(m): 10:20am On Jan 15, 2020
More, more, more

Amazing story line, nice one
Re: The Children Of Thunder by Kkay03(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
please update asap
Re: The Children Of Thunder by Khriztarl(f): 1:53pm On Jan 18, 2020
Am waiting o
Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2020
Chapter Twenty-four

“Greetings Mugabe son of Mugabe,’’ his deep voice cut through the bleak silence like razor, “you have a reckoning to answer for, from the son of Oranmiyan, prepare to be judged.’’

“All I have done, I did for science and how to make the world better, and yes I will do again given the chance.’’ Mugabe glared up at Shango in defiance, betrayed only by the tremor in his voice.

“At the cost of my own freedom, freewill and years of pain,’’ Shango bristled, defend thy case better, mortal for your life and that of your people hangs in the balance.’’

The doctor glanced back at his colleagues, for once emotion flashed through his impassive face.

“The decisions was mine and mine alone demon,’’ he said, ‘’they were just following orders, my own grandfather started this project, the feud is between you and I pagan god.’’

Shango growled. “the one who stole the keg of palm oil from the ledge from whence it was kept is as guilty of theft as the one who stood down below to receive it, they made their choices, therefore they are guilty.’’

"Who are you to declare who's guilty or not." Doctor Mugabe said, "you? a so called god with all the powers and capabilities to change the world for the better but selfishly guide your secrets and instead demands worship from lesser beings like us? Had you not been fickle and vain, Africa could have been great, we could have been the pinnacle of civilization but no, here we are, a backward underdeveloped continent trying to catch up with the rest of the world."

The children stared, Obiora couldn't help but admire the doctor's bravado in front of a being that could destroy him in a blink of an eye.

Shango was speechless with rage, his eyeballs that was already enveloped in flames died down to fumes as he stood rigid, as if contemplating doctor Mugabe's accusations.

Just then, the armored Askari with the large gun raised it toward him as Orchid cried in alarm.

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
In a flash, Shango was beside him, he tore the gun forcefully from the Askari, the arm strapped to the weapon coming away with it, the Askari screamed as he saw the bloody stump that was his arm but his cry of pain was soon cut off abruptly as Shango grabbed his helmeted head and squeezed, popping it like water melon.

As if released from a spell, the other Askaris opened fire on him, the impact from the barrage forced him back a step but he recovered quickly, sneering; he walked calmly up to the first unfortunate guard, grabbed him by his leg and started beating up the rest, wielding him like a club until he was a tattered stump, Shango simply dropped his remains and picked up another unfortunate Askari to replace his gory weapon until they were all dead mangled corpses littering the chamber floor.

The massacre barely lasted a minute, the silence after was chilling, broken only by muffled activities from the other side of the chamber as attempts were made to break in.

Omotola retched and shuddered as she shared an anxious look with Orchid but Shango ignored the children, cruel gaze back on the petrified doctors.

"The Elders say when a man dig relentless in search of knowledge, he should also pray not to dig too deep lest he encounters hell itself. You debase the body of a deity relentlessly without stopping to think of the consequences of your actions, like a child with a new toy, you abandoned us for your technological advances and yet in your arrogance you look for what is not looking for you."

"You are not blameless either."

"Speak your mind mortal."

"You and your so called gods, where were you when the white man landed on these shores and take us captives, away to foreign lands and severed us from our roots, where were you when they came back again and ruled us in the name of amalgamation, who are you to judge our actions after all we have been through.

"Whatsoever befell your ancestors was as a result of their failings, they forsook the gods of their fathers and meddled with foreigners, their aravice became their undoing and they were punished for it."

"I am Dos Emilio Mugabe a descendant of afro Brazilians slaves, my grandfather told me my great-grandmother was your priestess, she was taken, shackled in chains and sold, all the time you were having your beauty sleep, she died knowing you failed her. Everything my family have done we have done so no nation will come back and walk over us ever again and if you will strike me down, you would have done so already pagan god because you know it."

Shango instead sneered, pacing around the petrified doctors like a predator.

"For two hundred years, I was humiliated and robbed of my powers, you and your fathers before you gave me nothing but pain but I embraced it, looking forward to the day I would share it with you, I kept an ounce of each pain under my finger nails see." he raised up his hands for all to see.

They all noticed each fingertip was swollen as if infected by whitlow.

‘’Each finger represents a quarter of twenty years, a sliver of the pains and anguish you administered upon me. Now here's my judgment, if you can endure and survive an ounce of my pain from one finger, then I swear to hold you blameless and accept all my predicaments as my fate.

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2020
A sliver of hope shone on Mugabe's eyes as he stared up at Shango's fingers.

"If I endure your pain, you will let us live and walk away from here, I wasn't born yesterday demon, your black magic will end us all the same." He sneered.

"I have heard your story doctor and I have not killed you outright even though I am in the right to, let the creator judge me if I hold back on my word. Now come forward and be judged.’’

Shango held a finger towards Doctor Mugabe as the old man glanced back at his colleagues, stepped forward and braced himself, he then pushed it against his forehead.

For a moment, nothing happened as they all held their breath, the doctor’s face was first hunched in concentration, panic and then horror, his eyes bulged, howling as if in excruciating pain.

The doctor tore at his lab coat, fingers clawed bloody furrows on his face, hunched over at the invisible torture. They all stared horror-stricken as he reared back his head for one final ululation, and then ran headlong for the chamber wall, smashing his head repeatedly on the steel wall as if to put an end to the pain in his head, the final wet thud of his crushed head echoed through the chamber.

And doctor Mugabe died, his body slumped to the floor in his own pool of blood, gave a final gurgle and was still.

"Shame, as an impassioned mortal, I thought he would have endured longer." Shango mused; his face devoid of emotions. Now he returned his impassive glare at the other doctors where they stood crying piteously.

“You shall all be judged.’’

A moment later, he stood alone with the children, surrounded by the dead doctors, he sighed as they drew back from him in consternation, Orchid retching and Binta sobbing.

“The knife drew blood, we throw it away in wrath, alas the deed had already been done,’’ he said. "Vengeance, the elders say, is for a man with nothing to lose, a man who had made the decision to never look back. In spite of what you heard the doctor said, children you are nothing like me.’’

Babybaby, regaining consciousness knelt crying beside Amaka’s still body. “Please heal her’’ she stared up at Shango, eyes imploring.

Shango shook his head in sympathy.

“The calabash has shattered into a thousand pieces and the water has spilled, my poor child, it is too late, for she has gone to deliver her works to her maker, now have comfort in the fact that her murderer walks the lonely path with her.’’

He turned his attention to the chambers locked door and the noises from the other side.

‘’Now stand back children, since the people on the other side are so impatient to get in, it is rude to keep them waiting a moment longer."

On saying this he stretched flaming hands towards the steel barrier as the metal melted like putty, the Askaris outside stood gaping in shock. An avenging god charging them howling like crazy was definitely not what they were expecting.

2 Likes

Re: The Children Of Thunder by priestchurch(m): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2020
Wow!!!

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by millieademi: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2020
Nice one. Reminds me a lot of Umbrella Academy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by Wemaswill: 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
Finishing, kill them all.

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by Chukwudozzie(m): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
Give me moooreee

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by Khriztarl(f): 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
millieademi:
Nice one. Reminds me a lot of Umbrella Academy
is it a movie or what?? please

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by millieademi: 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
Khriztarl:

is it a movie or what?? please

Yes. A series.
Re: The Children Of Thunder by Khriztarl(f): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2020
millieademi:

Yes. A series.
Owh.. i see
Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 6:19pm On Jan 25, 2020
Chapter Twenty-five

Captain Idahosa groaned as the institute alarms wailed, there goes his uneventful afternoon.

"What's the status command tower," he growled over the comm device.

"Code red captain," a bored voice replied.

He groaned again, those damn abnormal children, it irks him to call them children, as though they were any normal, they're responsible for 70 percent alarm activity in the institute since he got drafted to the askari.

After the last encounter with them he had thought they'd at least get a few months of respite until the doctor's got rid of them, he had felt a grim sense of satisfaction after the askari overpowered the lot of them a few weeks ago, with their supposed superior strengths, his squad had portrayed the reason why they were elites, why would anyone need those pompous feathered monstrosities anyways, give his squad enough guns and they would hold the institute's most feared secret himself, the deity Shango.

"Get squad 11 and 13 to contain them but tell them not to engage, the amored guard are on their way and keep the comm open."

"Roger."

He made for the armoury where his squad were already suiting up.

"What's up cap?" A burly Askari hailed as he grabbed a gear.

"The usual, I only wish the doctors let us take em down for good, better for everybody, and maybe I'll get to send the missis a few feathers for her Sunday hats."

They all laughed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
"Command to base 1, containment squad has been routed I repeat, the containment squad has been routed." The voice over the comm wasn't sounding bored anymore.

"I thought I made myself clear not to engage." Captain ldahosa snapped at the walkie talkie."

"It's not the 5th generation captain, it's the one called Logan."

The Askari captain felt shivers run down his spine at this.

"And pray tell, where the hell did the rest go?"

To the forbidden containment chamber, he knew the answer even before the panicking voice over the comm said it.

Quickly, he sent some of his squad after the doctors in case an armed escort was needed while he led the rest toward the mind pod lab floor, if they were to fight Logan, he'd need all his strongest men.

By the time the captain and his men exit the floor's elevator, the whole place was in chaos, as he led his men through the panicking staff and workers he briefed them about the abnormality they'll be facing in a few seconds.

"Subject's name is Logan, DL-050019, he's wicked strong like the rest of his species, dread ability is matter disbandment so he is both dangerous close up and afar boys, we hit him with all we've got and we hit him fast."

"Yes sir." His elite chorused as they marched on.

They were soon greeted with the gory remains of squad 11 and 13, the entire lab floor was spattered with their vaporised body parts, the subject of their focus stood in the centre of the room, as clean and pristine like he was in the library.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2020
Just then the entire building shook and rumbled sending everyone sprawling on the ground, the tremor continued for a full minute before dulling into a shudder and falling debris.

"I'm afraid you're too late Captain." Logan said weakly, not bothering to sit up from where he had fallen, his face drained and exhausted."

"We'll see about that." The captain sneered as he strolled up to Logan, knocked him unconscious with the butt of his ray gun.

"Get him into the laundry room, the professor will decide what to do with him." He orderd as four Askari guards moved over to haul him away. "The rest of you with me, we need to take down those vermin, damn what the doctors say."

It took longer getting to the containment chamber amidst the rubble and the carnage, quite an unfortunate few are down wounded from the debris and a some were not moving at all. The captain ignored their cry of help, they weren't priority, there's the healthcare staff to see to that.

The door to the chamber was destroyed but a solid wall of steel covered the entrance, a squad of Askari stood waiting.

"Status!" He snapped briskly at their leader.

"The emergency lockdown activated when the earthquake happened captain, the doctor and his colleagues are in there."

"Damn it," he cursed as the building shuddered for a second. "we need to get it open asap, someone get the auxiliary department down here now."

Just then he was enveloped in heat as the door began to melt, shouting an order to his men to form up, it was probably the pyrokinesis subject Obiora trying to get out, and he was in for a suprise, captain Idahosa promised.

The burning hole widened as a man stepped out, the whole squad gaped, it wasn't who they were expecting. Only a few had seen him, all but the newest member has heard of him, of all the few times Captain Idahosa had beheld the monster, he had been cooped up in that cage, sullen and silent, now he was free.

Shango glared down at the armed askari guard as if they were cockroaches, insignificant entities that were not worth his time and captain Idahosa felt like he wanted to crawl down a hole and hide under his flaming glare, still he held his resolve, if he didn't do something they will all die, finding his lost voice he yelled command at his men to open fire and spread out as the rampaging monster charged howling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by Clint02(m): 7:10pm On Jan 25, 2020
following

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 7:47pm On Jan 25, 2020
"flank him, flank him." his voice sounded hoarsed to his own ears over the screams of his men as a couple of askaris that were too slow to react burned.

Some of his men regrouped on instinct, flanking Shango and begin to pepper him with hails of bullets and laser guns. The bullets pinged off him and his flaming body seems to absorb the light from the lasers.

"Cross!, Hand me the damn bastion gun." He yelled at his subordinate." He'd only pray it'll be enough before he threw his last card. Sub captain Cross drew the large cannon gun strapped at his back and pass it to his captain without a word. Captain Idahosa set the gun mechanically trying his best to ignore the screams as his men were being slaughtered, placed it on his shoulder, aimed at Shango and fired.

The sharp recoil of the bastion gun nearly sent him sprawling and the loud clap deafened him for a minute. There was smoke and a man sized crater where the monster stood and he dared to hope, his heart sank when the smoke cleared cos Shango still stood, his panting sent occasional fumes from his mouth, if he was mad before now he was mad pissed, he unclenched his mouth with a roar and spewed flame on his assailants.

It was thanks to his enhanced Askari gear that he was able to dodge the fire, but a few of his squad weren't so lucky, he threw a grenade to hold the monster at bay as he ordered his men to retreat back to the corridor, he must not be allowed to escape or all will be lost. He had no choice but to use his last card.

"The capsule Cross."

"Captain, it has not been tested." Cross offered the capsule with a warning.

"We're the last line Cross, the doctors could be dead as we speak, and it's up to us to stop him, we knew the consequences when we signed up."

The capsule was a test serum cloned from the 5th generation DNA, on it's use the body undergoes rapid enhancement like the children's, given to the amoured guard by doctor Mugabe as a last resort. Encouraged by shango's howl, captain Idahosa injected himself and his surviving squad injected the serum as well, what's the worst that could happen.

Asides from the slight pins and needles racing through his veins, he felt no change as the rampaging deity turned the corner, sighted them and exhaled another ball of flame towards them. He leapt aside to dodge the rolling fire but he knew he would never make it on time but he was amazed when he actually cleared the flame, then he realised he was faster and his awareness was sharper so he dared to hope again.

He saw the rest of his men attack, dodging a fireball that could that immolated them on the spot or weaving under a flaming fist that would have looped off their heads with the reflexes of houseflies, with a laugh he jumped off to join them, sending rapid shots from his blaster at Shango's head that did nothing but distract and annoy him, from his bandolier he withdrew the bubble capsule that was used to contain Obiora the last time, the capsule was made from some unknown fibre, that seem to stretch and strengthen whenever force is applied to it, a potent trap for beings with super strength.

Shango seems to recognise the weapon as his gleaming eyes narrowed, captain Idahosa knew it was then or never as he raced towards the deity, firing his bastion gun one-handed, a feat he could not have been able to do until the serum. The cannon staggered Shango to his knees as the captain dashed over and smashed the bubble capsule on his chest.

The fibre grew the more as Shango struggled growing from his chest until it covered his arms and torso. But the captain was not done, he drew out a flask from his pack, it contained the strange fluid surrounding shango's cage, hoping it would be enough to render the god helpless.

The god's eyes widened in panick, he much have known what was in the flask as he strode with purpose towards the trapped deity. His heart swelled with pride, he had fought a god and lived, now who's grovelling now, he sneered down at Shango.

"Never again will I be at the mercy of the sons of man," Shango muttered, Iná abulálá abùlalā I call you forth, you who burns friends and foes regardless, clear a path for the lord of Koso and cleanse the doubt from the minds of those who demeans him."

Captain Idahosa sensing the worst hurried to pour the content of the flask on the helpless deity, did not hear the cry of alarm from Cross as an inferno emerged from Shango raged forth to embrace them all, and his last thoughts as he was immolated was of his family and loved ones....whatever have they released unto the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by uvalentine2003(m): 9:41pm On Jan 25, 2020
Superb

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by priestchurch(m): 10:32pm On Jan 25, 2020
More plsss

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Gods Are Hungry / Chimamanda Adichie: "It’s Almost As If We Have Forgotten How To Be Ashamed” / 'The Road To Victoria Island’: A Review Of Suraj Tunji Oyewale’s Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.