Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,432 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

The Children Of Thunder - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Children Of Thunder (20415 Views)

A Short Poem In Honour Of The Children's Day By Pat Ashinze / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 9-10 / [story]o.g.b.a.n.j.e (the Child Of Thunder) Chapter 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Children Of Thunder by felsunseg(m): 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2020
sheikshegetto:
Thanks a lot boss....I neither studied history or Yoruba but I am an advent reader like you... I'm actually glad you didn't think I am a traditional priest... I've been getting that a lot lool
wow, I didn't expect you to be able to write this story, weaving through the ancient mythology and Linking in to present day events just by been an avid reader. You make me live through the story as if it wasn't a fiction and wish I was actually there to witness it myself. I wish I can put my thoughts together like you and I also pray that Orunmila give you more wisdom to write.

2 Likes

Re: The Children Of Thunder by Gadafii: 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
I have never seen a story here on nairaland with an indept knowledge of the Yoruba gods, creation of life etc or even science at that

Okkay Katakata street was deep too, but this is massive and eye opening

Boss abeg feed us updates, may or is a empower thee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by ayshow6102(m): 11:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Thanks for this masterpiece boss, please mention me when the next story drops, more crude oil to ur elbows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Children Of Thunder by Cloud007: 10:22pm On May 18, 2020
AiteeAitee:
O.M.G!

Started this masterpiece yesterday night. I couldn't sleep till 2am. Barely closed my eyes for four hours. Woke today and jumped on it around 8am.

One word : captivating.
Rating over 100%: infinity%

Sheikshegetto, I don't know how to describe my emotions now. To hug the life out of you is the only thing on my mind.

You are so talented, so creative, so imaginative, so...gosh!

Let me stop here and wait for book two before I finish my talk.

Guy, you are out of this world.

We have been enjoying our dear quite a while now. Pls check his other great stories that mysteriously keep you at the edge of the seat.

https://www.nairaland.com/3863471/shango-battleaxe-oshe

2 Likes

Re: The Children Of Thunder by sheikshegetto(m): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2020
(A short glossary of Yoruba Orisha pantheon) if I'm missing any you guys can add to it....or correction.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------______________________________________________________

Ajaka- Sango’s half-brother, 2nd Alaafin of Oyo empire (deified) Orisha of earthquakes

Ajé- Goddess of wealth

Arò meta- (Yoruba translation, meaning three witches) sisters of Lanroye & Elegbara, the three patron goddesses of witches and wizards, Orisha of magic and sorcery

Alaafia- Orisha of peace, daughter of Aje

Aroni- (the one-legged, Aroni the great green)Orisha of the forest

Arun- (wife of Iku god of death) Orisha of diseases and affliction

Aja- Wife of Aroni, Orisha of the wild, patron lady of the forest dwellers

Biri- Orisha of darkness and night

Dada- Orisha of mischief, patron god of stubborn youths, son of Aroni & Aja

Edi- (the perverted one) spirit of evil, whisperer of undoing, corruption

Elegbara- (Lanroye’s twin often mistaken as one and same) Orisha of despair, patriarch of monsters

Eweka- Oranmiyan’s first son, brother of Ajaka & Shango, first emperor of imperial Benin (deified)

Ibeji- ( the inseparable twins) Orisha of youth and patron gods of twins

Iku- (the debt collector, soul harvester) Orisha of death, husband of Arun

Imole- (lady of the dawn) Orisha of sunlight, patron of soothsayers

Lanroye -Elegbara’s twin, (papa lẹgba, elegua, eshu Laalu the stone wall, trickster god, messenger, lord of crossroads, chance and unpredictability)

Obatala- (Obatata, king in white, the big one, sculpturer, carver, arch divinity, sky king) king of the Orisha and creator of humans

Oba- Shango’s second wife, river goddess of the river benue, Orisha of marriage

Oduduwa- first king of ile-ife, ancestor deity of Yoruba & Benin kings, brother of Obatala, grandfather of Oranmiyan, Orisha of existence & patriarch of the Yoruba people

Ogun- (Lakaaye Osinmole, the black one, Ogun Onire-Ogun of ire) Orisha of war, metallurgy, commerce & patron god of blacksmiths and warriors

Oko- (Elder deity-Orisha Oko, the unfathomable depth) Orisha of earth, agriculture

Olokun- (Elder deity, name translates as owner of seas, the deep, sea king) Orisha of the ocean and unfathomable depth

Oloosa- wife of Olokun & Orisha of the lagoons

Oranmiyan- (Oranyan the conqueror) deified First Alaafin of Oyo, father of Eweka, Ajaka & Shango, Orisha of deserts & volcanic eruption

Orisha- Old gods of the Yoruba people of west Africa

Orunmilla- (far sighted, custodian of Ifa oracle,) Orisha of wisdom, divinity & foresight

Ori- (The spirit of heads) Orisha of destiny (Ayànmó), fate, spiritual intuition

Osanyin- Orisha of herbs and medicine

Ososhi- Orisha of hunters and heroes son of Aroni & Aja

Osumare- Shango’s bond servant, Orisha of enlightenment, custodian of ere the rainbow serpent

Oshun- Sango’s first wife, river goddess of the river Niger, Orisha of beauty, love and fertility

Oya- Shango’s third wife, tempest goddess Orisha of cemeteries & battle slain

Shango- (Jakuta meaning one who fights with stones, king Koso) deified 3rd Alaafin of Oyo empire, brother of Ajaka & Eweka, son of Oranmiyan, great grandson of Oduduwa)Orisha of fire, lightening and storms, patron god of masculinity and vigor

Shokoti- Elder smith god, patron of old age

Shoponna- (the dreaded one, the good one, son of Death and illness) Orisha of plagues and smallpox

Yemoja- (yemaja, yeye-meaning old mother) elder mother goddess, source of all waters, mother of Obatala & the elder gods.

Eledunmare/Olodunmarè- (The all-maker...creator of all things in existence and ruler of the cosmos)

1 Like

Re: The Children Of Thunder by Kkay03(m): 8:20am On Jun 13, 2020
please where canned buy or read the continuation of 5he children of thunder story

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Getting Lost In Lust (18+) / More Than A Flirt (18+) / Made In Nigeria English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.