Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? (44308 Views)

Igboho Seeks Asylum In Benin Republic, Sues DSS And Malami / Police DPO And Army Captain Snatch Election Materials In Rivers State - INEC / FFK Questions Why Naira And Army Coat Of Arms Have Arabic Inscriptions On Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Thegoodone13(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2019
How can you compare military with paramilitary? Their work are different.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by HarunaWest(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2019
West2019:
waiting this one the talk here , as far Africans is concern not only Nigeria ur conutru Army are the best who are DSS compare to Army ,forget what is happening in northeast area boko haram is a politics , if not for politic ,10/ army will finish boko haram .Dss are bloody civilian till.this world will end
That's the problem y'all are still stuck with the stereotype...During GEJ tenure, DSS was fully funded and uprgraded,he paid much interest into their activities.. PMB came and tried to restrict them to an extent..PMB prefers The Armed forces period.
The scope and direction of DSS has expanded recently...They were given more responsibilities like taking part in internal security as well. Y'all talking about fearing a soldier with boots and cane buh am talking bout infiltration, intelligence gathering and execution...The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.....Am done with this thread.

10 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by babyfaceafrica: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2019
nuggarito:
To the common man on the street it's army but those who are enlightened enough knows it's the sss

hope you know naija DSS is not on any level with SSS elsewhere
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Wickedfacts: 9:51am On Dec 09, 2019
You're comparing DSS to Army when the former head of DSS sacked by Osinbajo was arrested by ordinary policemen and locked in SARS HQ Abuja.

7 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Awoleesu(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2019
A pure Naija mentality OP!

Should we be talking about 'fear' or 'respect' where state agents like the Army and DSS are concerned?

State agencies have a paramount responsibility to PROTECT and not to INSTILL FEAR!
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Wickedfacts: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

Don't confuse yourself

DSS is the same as SSS.
Their legal name is State Security Service.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by beejay85: 9:52am On Dec 09, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Wee you kip kwayet?

I stand with you on this....DSs is more socially responsible if I will say from my experience..
I got a little tipsy a night after watching UCL and my car won't start...I heard some DSs guys were also relaxing at d same spot...I just walked up to one on d steering and told him to drop me home!! ��He looked at me for a few sec...asked me to hopp in...he drove me to my gate with a shot gun by his side...I thanked him and offered him 2k..again he smiled... asked me to go in...and off he goes...I was impressed....I doubt if I can try that with a Nigerian army...

7 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Wickedfacts: 9:53am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

That's the problem y'all are still stuck with the stereotype...During GEJ tenure, DSS was fully funded and uprgraded,he paid much interest into their activities.. PMB came and tried to restrict them to an extent..PMB prefers The Armed forces period.
The scope and direction of DSS has expanded recently...They were given more responsibilities like taking part in internal security as well. Y'all talking about fearing a soldier with boots and cane buh am talking bout infiltration, intelligence gathering and execution...The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.....Am done with this thread.

If the DMI and CID were functional, the DSS won't have anything to do.

5 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Kylekent59: 9:53am On Dec 09, 2019
Army (soldiers) are used mostly for war, but DSS is based on intelligence and tactics.

They use more sophisticated weapons more than the soldiers.

DSS is for the president, the president's back pocket, while the soldiers are meant for the civilians and the country.

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Kento4ken: 9:54am On Dec 09, 2019
No need n.a. army
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by babyfaceafrica: 9:54am On Dec 09, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Don't confuse yourself

DSS is the same as SSS.
Their legal name is State Security Service.

I am saying don't compare our intelligence agency to jack Bauer,SSS for here only attacks sowore

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by babyfaceafrica: 9:55am On Dec 09, 2019
beejay85:

I stand with you on this....DSs is more socially responsible if I will say from my experience..
I got a little tipsy a night after watching UCL and my car won't start...I heard some DSs guys were also relaxing at d same spot...I just walked up to one on d steering and told him to drop me home!! ��He looked at me for a few sec...asked me to hopp in...he drove me to my gate with a shot gun by his side...I thanked him and offered him 2k..again he smiled... asked me to go in...and off he goes...I was impressed....I doubt if I can try that with a Nigerian army...

if you know how many lives the Nigerian army has saved ,you won't say this

during elections,especially 2015 the Nigerian army saved a lot of people

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by announcement: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2019
DaddyMorenike:
Shey na fear we dey talk of, abi make them do their jobs with sense.

Don't mind those people.. I wonder if they are in the UNIFORM so that CIVILIANS can fear them or that they should do their job professionally according to the law of the land.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by nuggarito: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

I heard this people go as far as Israel, Pakistan to receive their training, the reason they are most underrated is because they do everything in Secret.

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by hisexcellency34: 9:56am On Dec 09, 2019
Waoh...never knew DSS are also in the war front against Boko Haram before now

HarunaWest:

Dude shut da eff up mehn...I attended a military school...Na u suppose teach me or na me go school ya neh?
...You thinks it's all about ruggedity and Morah??...Why is there a DMI? if the Army et al were that superior? why is there an NSA?....Tactics and intelligence wins wars not weapons....A DSS personnel is trained tactically more than the average soldier....Take it or leave it.....Why were DSS posted to Maiduguri to fight BH?? .Answer that....If our army were very much organized like that of the Chinese or Americans, I wud have said otherwise...If you know the gruelling training a DSS personnel goes through, you won't be out here saying this........
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Balogunodua(m): 9:57am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

lol...DSS civilian ke...If soldier go DSS training make I hear say he no confirm.....A DSS that is trained to take a bullet whereas army is taught to return fire...Except recent recruitments into the service, in terms of intellects and tactics, you shud compare the DSS to NIA or EFCC and not NA
Wat is dis1 saying
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by babyfaceafrica: 9:58am On Dec 09, 2019
nuggarito:

I heard this people go as far as Israel, Pakistan to receive their training, the reason they are most underrated is because they do everything in Secret.

and the ones they do publicly are bad e.g sowore case,kanu case,the invasion of the national assembly by mask DSS men
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by WildChild00(m): 10:00am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

Dude shut da eff up mehn...I attended a military school...Na u suppose teach me or na me go school ya neh?
...You thinks it's all about ruggedity and Morah??...Why is there a DMI? if the Army et al were that superior? why is there an NSA?....Tactics and intelligence wins wars not weapons....A DSS personnel is trained tactically more than the average soldier....Take it or leave it.....Why were DSS posted to Maiduguri to fight BH?? .Answer that....If our army were very much organized like that of the Chinese or Americans, I wud have said otherwise...If you know the gruelling training a DSS personnel goes through, you won't be out here saying this........

You attended a military school indeed! What if I tell you I am a military officer, you come online to talk trash, how can you compare dss to military? Does that make sense to you?

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 09, 2019
agbangam:

Oga boys no send DSS in fact boys go challenge DSS for street but when boys see Army boys go Japa. Only one Army man on Uniform go clear street. Who gives a fvck about intellect or tactics for street undecided
Bro you never jam DSS. One thing about this "THING" of theirs, is that they are not meant to be conventional (covert) but only their sight send chills down the spine of those who knows.
While the military is overt, that's why it seems they are brute but in training, skills and firearms handling...please NA is no match to them with all due respect sir. You can only compare them with DMI, NIA not even EFCC.
Remember you fear what you know and see. Those that sees and knows DSS those that this comparism is not necessary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by JeffreyLiaison(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2019
DSS is nothing like the Nigerian Army.
Who DSS help? Army go finish them.
DSS are civilians in the eyes of the Army.
Mind u, I went to Military school.

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Allwell96: 10:01am On Dec 09, 2019
Are we supposed to fear them? We have to rise and curb their brutality on innocent civilians, tame their excesses.

4 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by johnisaola(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2019
Why will you compare Barack Obama with GEJ,
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Jaqenhghar: 10:03am On Dec 09, 2019
The questiin is who fears who.?
The criminals and terrorists dont fear them. Its the law abiding citizen that is their biggest enemy

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Jaqenhghar: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2019
Allwell96:
Are we supposed to fear them? We have to rise and curb their brutality on innocent civilians, tame their excesses.
They dony know
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Rubbiish(m): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

[s]Dude shut da eff up mehn...I attended a military school...Na u suppose teach me or na me go school ya neh?
...You thinks it's all about ruggedity and Morah??...Why is there a DMI? if the Army et al were that superior? why is there an NSA?....Tactics and intelligence wins wars not weapons....A DSS personnel is trained tactically more than the average soldier....Take it or leave it.....Why were DSS posted to Maiduguri to fight BH?? .Answer that....If our army were very much organized like that of the Chinese or Americans, I wud have said otherwise...If you know the gruelling training a DSS personnel goes through, you won't be out here saying this[/s]........
Nonsense!
We see videos of soldiers everyday fighting boko haram, how many DSS we don see? All the trainings they undergo is to oppress harmless civilians abi? If u don't know, DSS is in the same class with immigration and customs. They are not even in the force category. Then u are comparing them to the number one force in the world? If it were to be years back, you nor know say army for don plot another coup take over the nation? Na those ones you dey compare with civilian DSS??

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2019
[s]
J111333:
Mr Man shut up, you don't know anything about military.
Do you think military starts and ends with those personnel you see on road blocks at Enugu Onitsha freeway?

In the States, FBI and Secret Service are just retirement or resting place for tough Marines and Navy Seals who want to remain active after service. Even with numerous Secret Sevice agents, US President can't step an inch without making sure that US Marines are near him all the time.

[/s] Marines are not tasked with protecting the POTUS. Stop spewing BS, get your facts right

1 Like

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by WowSweetGuy(m): 10:05am On Dec 09, 2019
ALL of them are nothing without d presidency approval. They only show their uniform strength on the local man in the street

2 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by eodavids(m): 10:05am On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

no one respects any uniform man in Nigeria,na fear we dey fear them

Except we want to be celebrating the fact they are being feared; we should make Respect the topic of discussion, rather than Fear.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by Balogunodua(m): 10:06am On Dec 09, 2019
HarunaWest:

Oga you are a bloody liar, when was the Dss sent to sambisa to fight boko-haram, kai guy wan see himself finish. You talk sey you go millitary school, ok i understand audio. millitary school
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2019
WildChild00:

You attended a military school indeed! What if I tell you I am a military officer, you come online to talk trash, how can you compare dss to military? Does that make sense to you?

Ask him which military school? I'm sure it's not NMS. Cos a product of NMS will not be commenting like a landlubber.
Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by iberu001(m): 10:07am On Dec 09, 2019
The DSS overseas the internal security. It is primarily responsible for intelligence gathering within the country and for the protection of senior government officials, particularly the President and state governors while the Army are meant for war and is responsible for land warfare operations. The security agent I love so much is the NIA,they are just like CIA.They head all the security agencies in Nigeria including the Military. I'm talking from experience.I have a bro that works with the NIA and they share intelligence with the Military.Those guys are mad. I will choose NIA for protection over the Army.I saw one who is among the VP security unit, if u see the way they think and guns he had with him that day,closed to 5 pistols while DSS only has one pistol.

9 Likes

Re: DSS And Army: Who Commands More Fear? by babyfaceafrica: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2019
eodavids:

Except we want to be celebrating the fact they are being fears; we should make Respect the topic of discussion, rather than Fear.

true,but no one respects uniform men,l in naija,who can blame Dem?..harrasing civilians, brutality (sowore/kanu), extortion (check roads)...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is The Improved National Identity Card Slip Acceptable For Verifications? / MC Oluomo & Supporters Rejoice As Tinubu Takes Early Lead In APC Primary / Ezenwa Francis Clears Douglas Refuse Dump Allowed To Punish Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.