Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,572 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction (32780 Views)

The Second Niger Bridge: Between Facts And Fiction / The State House Press Release | SOWORE: BETWEEN FACTS AND FICTION / DSS Vs Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by uyplus(m): 2:30am On Dec 09, 2019
Fear de catch Nigerian government! Hehehehehehe, because the US said they are watching! Hahahahahahahahahaa... Go and misbehave! When economic sanctions hit Una because of human rights abuse, Una eye go open! I wish that guy had the US passport, you wouldn't have tried that shit cos heads would have rolled and buhari would be cooling off in jail! Stupid government, no light, no access to good water, no good roads, no good education, no security! What is the Nigerian government doing for it's people? Tell me!

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by kingcalors(m): 2:38am On Dec 09, 2019
Ordinary Revolution and the government is already afraid? It means that it is either they didnt win the election or they feel that Nigerians will support the revolution. What did Sowore do that has not been done in Nigeria?
ArmaniUhuru:
[s][/s]

Mumu epistle.

No sane country on earth will allow this level of absurdity to take place.

Fact and Fiction kee una.

2 Likes

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by CoolAmbience(m): 2:59am On Dec 09, 2019
obiekunie2:
oga garuba nwa shehu!

ekenem gi! grin

as we have oga garuba here abeg Nairalanders make we ask am those question wey dey border us.

my own be say - garuba why are u guys silent on the frequent killing of Nigerians by the police?

abi na una send them??

Another question wey i wan ask presidency - cum oga garuba - abeg why are there soooo many check points in the east?

is Eastern Nigeria a war zone?

police check point, army check point, customs check point, civil defence check point, road safety check point each at every 500 meters in all the roads in south east!

abeg una no get work for them for borno??

Abeg give us answers no vex!

Government can't be unsmart in the face of insecurity or proven threat to cause instability.

You do not expect her to fold her arms and not tighten security in a region where thousands of young people have be brainwashed to cause violence, in whatever pretext.

No region has more armed security patrol, surveillance and presence than the NE, hence your question is misplaced.

No policeman or soldier who is guilty of extra judicial killing goes unpunished. Are they above the law? I know so many that have been imprisoned or sentenced to death for various unlawful acts?
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by CoolAmbience(m): 2:59am On Dec 09, 2019
vibre:
Who is the Presidency?

You and your village people.
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by CoolAmbience(m): 3:01am On Dec 09, 2019
ArmaniUhuru:
[s][/s]

Mumu epistle.

No sane country on earth will allow this level of absurdity to take place.

Fact and Fiction kee una.

For your mind now you get plenty sense?
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Difrent: 3:01am On Dec 09, 2019
ZikZikZik:
Eventually this Sowore guy fit turn Nigeria’s Nelson Mandela oh lipsrsealed

Taa
Mandela went to prison jejely for 28 years for his beliefs, this one never do 28 days he has started screaming ,thought he calls himself an activist .

Lai lai sowore can never be like Mandela

Even Nnamdi Kanu with his millions of internet warriors still spent more than a year in prison, coward sowore should relax and enjoy kuje prison beans till December, 2022
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by seguno2: 3:19am On Dec 09, 2019
vibre:
Who is the Presidency?

Asks Babachir the multi million naira grass cutter.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by seguno2: 3:25am On Dec 09, 2019
AghaAguike:
CAN SOME ONE INTERVIEW FR. MBAKA TO KNOW IF BUHARI WAS THE MESSAIH HE SAW.

Father haff chopped money and can’t be bothered with the magalicious people who believed in his scam story.

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by edunaragold(f): 3:41am On Dec 09, 2019
All na smoke I beg.idot Gov pls leave this man alone biko
Meanwhile

I HAVE A DREAM THAT SOMEDAYS SOWERE WILL BE CALLED MR PRESIDENT. SOMEDAYS
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by blowjohn(m): 4:05am On Dec 09, 2019
Beedude:

Oga, this was what he should have started before trying to become the president of the nation. Revolution after losing via ballot box is rubbish. It doesn't just add up. Those advicing this guy are his worst enemy cos they didn't even plan the whole revolution well. The foundation of the so call revolution is just about him getting to power. Even America won't allow such and would suppress such person. He need to have a rethink cos if he just die anyhow, heaven won't fall and from history Nigerians would forget him in time cos everybody get one problem or another wey dem dey nurse personally.

I concur.
Besides who are the Nigerians that are ready to face bullets on the streets under the guise of protest or revolution?
Abeg let peace reign.
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by vineyardfarms: 4:09am On Dec 09, 2019
MR. GARBA IN A DEMOCRATIC SETTIING, HOW DOES THE PRESIDENCY THROU THIS SHAMEFUL ACT OF DSS IN A LEGAL COURT PORTRAY HERSELF TO THE WORLD?
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by lolybaby(f): 4:33am On Dec 09, 2019
iamswizz:
ok so the DSS can do anything they like without the approval of the president? shocked
Bokoharam boys he released are the good boys who can still become nigeria President In Future but sowere is a Criminal.God Please allow Jesus To Come Soon we Are Tired in These Jungle
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by PassingShot(m): 4:37am On Dec 09, 2019
Viking007:
[s][/s] Rubbish. You won't be in power forever.
We all know naah
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by PassingShot(m): 4:40am On Dec 09, 2019
If Sowore, having lost an election, did same thing in USA, he would have been permanently kept away.
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by AerialMapper: 5:06am On Dec 09, 2019
no Comment

Democracy- Government of the people, for the people and by the people

Put this administration to the test and see if it passes this definition

Of the people?
For the people?
By the people?

Next level
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 09, 2019
sowore represent all Nigerians who are facing reality , the true situation of things in the county and the hardship' minus the ruling class, the looters , the ruling parties chairmen, the jumbo earners and the Land cruisers craving senators, the billionaires grass cutters, the pension thieves who knows Sowore Mandela is out to stop the looting, it is foolish of Garba sheu who is dinning from our national table and Lauretta the jobless hyena woman to compared Sowore Mandela with Boko haram who are illegal immigrants from Chad, Mali , Niger and Senegal whom a pack of them have found their ways into our government services.

Garbage Sheu need to borrow some sense from pig, if no human is willing to borrow him sense and that will be better than none at all, at least to find his way back to the garbage where his likes belonged

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by VanityUponVanit: 5:20am On Dec 09, 2019
I can notice the few ruling elites justifying their brutality against the people of Nigeria on this presidency’s writeup.
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Nobody: 5:27am On Dec 09, 2019
VanityUponVanit:
I can notice the few ruling elites justifying their brutality against the people of Nigeria on this presidency’s writeup.

they don't want the mega contracts to stop of course , we are the suffering masses and not those looters who are busy eating our national cake

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 09, 2019
Beedude:

Oga, this was what he should have started before trying to become the president of the nation. Revolution after losing via ballot box is rubbish. It doesn't just add up. Those advicing this guy are his worst enemy cos they didn't even plan the whole revolution well. The foundation of the so call revolution is just about him getting to power. Even America won't allow such and would suppress such person. He need to have a rethink cos if he just die anyhow, heaven won't fall and from history Nigerians would forget him in time cos everybody get one problem or another wey dem dey nurse personally.
I'm not surprised at this submission. But sowore I've known for this struggle since the military era when he was even detained...was he looking for power that time too? What of his protests during Jonathan administration via the social media...was he also contesting for president that time? Just so you know, same guy had rooted his support for Buhari coming to power because Jonathan govt failed Nigerians. His coming out to contest was as a result of disappointment he perceived from the Buhari's govt, which millions of Nigerians also perceived. He hasn't provided the millions of jobs he promised youths, neither has he provided infrastructure. The last time I checked, Buhari hasn't been able to turn Nigeria into earthly paradise with the subsidy proceeds as promised after jacking pump process to 145 naira begging Nigerians to bear with him. The last time I checked, he said he's still paying subsidy to the tune of trillions of naira, the same he called a scam during Jonathan era which witnessed mass protests across nigeria...have you forgotten all these ?

All the APC's projects are still the pdp's. They've not been able to come out with their own. Youwin programme of the pdp made lots of multi millionaire youths, not the 10k tradermoni which could only be used to cook soup and buy foodstuff. If you're sincere to yourself, you'd know sowore is right...that apc is a total failure.

Do you see power in your area, despite the huge sum buhari borrowed to finance the sector from 2015...and he is still borrowing? He attacked the former leaders of manipulating the money invested in power but he has even done worse by borrowing more than his predecessors with little or nothing to show for it. The power sector hasn't improved rather, its getting worse. That was why he had to split the power ministry this time, another failed strategy. His economic team is the worst I've ever seen. He doesn't give room to fresh ideas. He failed to carry people from the other parties along like obj and GEJ did which made them perform to a reasonable extent. The attorney-general and min of justice under gej was in AD party. Jonathan was even the luckiest but he messed things up by abetting corruption. Nihetoa belongs to everyone, irrespective of your party, ethnic or tribal affiliations. There are technocrats from other parties he would have employed to help the country move forward alas! The person who advised him.to consider soludo and others just helped him and I'm happy he listened. Apc are full of mostly people with no ideas. The sponsor of hate speech went and copied Singaporean's bill verbatim. My son is even more intelligent than the senator because he would use his brain to construct his own ideas , instead of copying others word for word. bokoharam ended yet? Rather , they're raging like wildfire...giving birth to armed bandits and herdsmen all over town...all these and more have necessitated the protests, which I was willing to join because I love my country. I hope the protest would still come up later, via another form.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by BigBizzy(m): 5:58am On Dec 09, 2019
presidency:
[s]STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

SOWORE: BETWEEN FACTS AND FICTION

The Presidency notes some of the insinuations in the media about the arrest by the Department of State Services (DSS) of the agitator, Omoyele Sowore.

The DSS does not necessarily need the permission of the Presidency in all cases to carry out its essential responsibilities that are laid down in the Nigerian Constitution – which was the foundation for the restoration of democracy in our country in 1999.

However, it should not surprise anyone who has followed his actions and words that Sowore is a person of interest to the DSS.

Sowore called for a revolution to overthrow the democratically elected government of Nigeria.

He did so on television, and from a privileged position as the owner of a widely read digital newspaper run from the United States of America.

He founded an organisation, Revolution Now, to launch, in their own words, “Days of Rage”, with the publicised purpose of fomenting mass civil unrest and the elected administration’s overthrow.

No government will allow anybody to openly call for destabilization in the country and do nothing.

Mr. Sowore is no ordinary citizen expressing his views freely on social media and the internet.

He was a presidential candidate himself, who ran – and lost – as the flag bearer of the African Action Congress (AAC) in the February 23 general elections.

Nigeria's democracy was a long time in the making, and was achieved after decades of often harsh, military-led overthrows of government: the kind of situation Sowore was advocating.

To believe in and desire armed revolution is not normal amongst 'human rights activists', as Sowore has been incorrectly described.

Again, it is no surprise that he should be a person of interest to the DSS.

Nigeria is already dealing with an insurgency that has left millions of people displaced and desperate in the northeastern region of our country.

The Boko Haram militants, who are behind the violence, also fancy themselves to be fighting for some sort of revolution.

Nigerians do not need another spate of lawlessness and loss of lives all in the name of 'revolution', especially not one that is orchestrated by a man who makes his home in far away New York – and who can easily disappear and leave behind whatever instability he intends to cause, to wit, Nnamdi Kanu.

This is a matter for the DSS, acting under its powers.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
December 8, 2019
[/s]

Mumu talk....if you guys do the right thing we won't be here. Continue the blame game
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Hoodgod(m): 5:59am On Dec 09, 2019
presidency:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

The Presidency notes some of the insinuations in the media about the arrest by the Department of State Services (DSS) of the agitator, Omoyele Sowore.

The DSS does not necessarily need the permission of the Presidency in all cases to carry out its essential responsibilities that are laid down in the Nigerian Constitution – which was the foundation for the restoration of democracy in our country in 1999.

However, it should not surprise anyone who has followed his actions and words that Sowore is a person of interest to the DSS.

Sowore called for a revolution to overthrow the democratically elected government of Nigeria.

He did so on television, and from a privileged position as the owner of a widely read digital newspaper run from the United States of America.

He founded an organisation, Revolution Now, to launch, in their own words, “Days of Rage”, with the publicised purpose of fomenting mass civil unrest and the elected administration’s overthrow.

No government will allow anybody to openly call for destabilization in the country and do nothing.

Mr. Sowore is no ordinary citizen expressing his views freely on social media and the internet.

He was a presidential candidate himself, who ran – and lost – as the flag bearer of the African Action Congress (AAC) in the February 23 general elections.

Nigeria's democracy was a long time in the making, and was achieved after decades of often harsh, military-led overthrows of government: the kind of situation Sowore was advocating.

To believe in and desire armed revolution is not normal amongst 'human rights activists', as Sowore has been incorrectly described.

Nigeria is already dealing with an insurgency that has left millions of people displaced and desperate in the northeastern region of our country.

The Boko Haram militants, who are behind the violence, also fancy themselves to be fighting for some sort of revolution.

Nigerians do not need another spate of lawlessness and loss of lives all in the name of 'revolution', especially not one that is orchestrated by a man who makes his home in far away New York – and who can easily disappear and leave behind whatever instability he intends to cause, to wit, Nnamdi Kanu.

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
December 8, 2019

oga shehu you are talking garbage, the executive controls all seeds of his administration, stop blasphemy!!
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Peacecoy19: 6:02am On Dec 09, 2019
expert234:
V

Exactly what law did Sowore break that led to an arrest?

Is it the same sin that the court gave him bail for or an entirely different offense!

Under a system of government and we practically have say,monarchy, democracy,junta military of all of these non allow call for open rebellion with intent to remove the government.sowore committed such.In my opinion it may not even be bailable because government existence is at stake.Have you not heard or read sowore's press release five days to commencement of revolution now?
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Hoodgod(m): 6:05am On Dec 09, 2019
blowjohn:

I concur.
Besides who are the Nigerians that are ready to face bullets on the streets under the guise of protest or revolution?
Abeg let peace reign.
in civilised countries peaceful protest are carried out in mass,the government will intervene trying to stop them peaceful,but in naija is a shoot aside mission, my sick country needs a surgeon to operate on it.!! grin

1 Like

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 09, 2019
Make human right kee una dere!
BH would not have grown into the monster it's today if Thief Obasanjo had nipped it in the bud back then in 2002 as PMB is doing with likes of IPOB, Sowore and Zackary.

Sowore is CIA facilitated and accommodated in US.
Nnamdi Kanu is facilitated by British Intelligence MI5 and accommodated in UK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Madu100t(m): 6:09am On Dec 09, 2019
But why didn't president good luck Jonathan arrest and deal with Muhammad Buhari when he said, blood ll flow if he didn't win and many other statements that are tantamount to distabkizin Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by alezzy13: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2019
PassingShot:
If Sowore, having lost an election, did same thing in USA, he would have been permanently kept away.

Seriously? You obviously have not been following US politics. Almost on a daily basis are people calling for his overthrow esp in the hard left Media (MSNBC, CNN etc)

Even last year when Kathy Griffen held a decapitated head of Trump, (which is tantamount to a coup) they didn't lock her up or anything. I believe she was only fired.

Pls stop defending the indefensible. We all know where this is pointing to: silence any form of opposition.
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by AnanseK(m): 6:18am On Dec 09, 2019
ZikZikZik:
Eventually this Sowore guy fit turn Nigeria’s Nelson Mandela oh lipsrsealed
p

Never
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by AnanseK(m): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2019
What Garba Shehu said is factual and very sensible, but Nigerians, especially the young inexperienced on NL would prefer chaos and destruction. Sowore is just another Kanu, an American based individual planted to disrupt Nigeria.

If I was the head of DSS I would be very interested in a foreign based journalist actively organizing and calling for a revolution in my country after he lost democratic presidential bid.
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by mcbliss: 6:48am On Dec 09, 2019
henryboss:
Honestly sowore case is very controversial. The truth is that this write up has enlghten most nigerians on the case and the allegation he is labelled upon. And owing by what i understood. Wether a peaceful protest or not, what he had in mind was to raise tension against the peaceful state of the country by materminding and influencing some people's mind. Secondly the video from the court room i watch him speak. He was still not bent to understand that people at the outside have felt so bad on the ilegal detension he is suffering. By now he is supposed to understand that what ever he think he has a plan for Nigeria cannot be achieve from inside detention. I never supported the government of buhari. But for peace to reign lets leave it that way till his tenure exhaust. As for me he is juat causing nuisance.

It seems your core aim for this writeup is PEACE, what truly is PEACE? Peace is more than the mere absence of war/violent conflict.

What we have presently in Nigeria is a negative peace, which can stir up violence at any given tym.
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by Olowokere(m): 6:57am On Dec 09, 2019
Mishael42019:
It’s well.

One day it will all pass away. One thing I’m so glad about is no man can live forever just 100yrs from now we’ll will be gone.

I was reading about Alexander the Great this morning a young man that conquered the world at a young age but No historians ever mentioned the great solders, advisers, architects, Engineers that fought, won his wars and conquered Babylon.

Thank you Jesus Christ forever you’re God and I’m grateful because my name is written in the book of life not a servant to any political leader in this world

hmmmm Alexander the great man of rome.... iyalaya anybody then
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by ejimatic: 6:58am On Dec 09, 2019
presidency:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

Garba Shehu
(Media & Publicity)
December 8, 2019

. As a Nigerian I personally understand why Sowore will be the target of the DSS.He caused it all.Nobody having lost an election will organise a revolution and rest thereafter. OBJ would cage the person if he were to be the president now.In America FBI and Interpol will monitor such a person and all his family members. The DSS SSS FBI and Interpol are bound to break protocols on security matters.Democracy must be protected by all.means .As rightly said by the presidency the DSS does not have to wait for presidency before swinging into action.If there is a reason for protest call me I will join you it is our right in democracy to do so.But if it is REVOLUTION it is treason and felony. I can never be a party to that. When it becomes anarchy the organisers will run abroad or go into hiding leaving hundreds of masses dead.......
Re: Sowore: Between Facts And Fiction by jahsharon: 6:59am On Dec 09, 2019
obiekunie2:
oga garuba nwa shehu!

ekenem gi! grin

as we have oga garuba here abeg Nairalanders make we ask am those question wey dey border us.

my own be say - garuba why are u guys silent on the frequent killing of Nigerians by the police?

abi na una send them??

Another question wey i wan ask presidency - cum oga garuba - abeg why are there soooo many check points in the east?

is Eastern Nigeria a war zone?

police check point, army check point, customs check point, civil defence check point, road safety check point each at every 500 meters in all the roads in south east!

abeg una no get work for them for borno??

Abeg give us answers no vex!

Eastern Nigeria will all be closely monitored. You people picked up arms against the Federal Republic. You are traitors and you will continue to be treated as one. Our eyes are on you and we ate closely monitoring every step you take.

This is beside the fact that crime is your generational inherited trade. From drugs trafficking to armed robbery, kidnapping, human trafficking, fake drugs manufacturing, baby factory, e.t.c. So, we the good people of Nigeria cannot leave you unchecked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Ikedi Ohakim, Ex-Imo Governor / Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… / EFCC Launches ‘Eagle Eye’ App To Ease Financial Crimes Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.