Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears (45717 Views)

American Lady Regains Senses As ’Yahoo Boy’ Used ‘Juju’ To Bring Her To Nigeria / "Firstson Kings Is Yahoo Boy, Used Blood Of Virgins" - Nwachukwu Jennifer Nazzy / Yahoo Boy Used His Girlfriend For Yahoo Plus Ritual - Facebook User Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2019
ginovera:
cryYour good deed would surely be rewarded...this is what it means to be Christ-like( you fed me when i was hungry, you clothed me when i was naked, you gave me a shelter when i was homeless). You damned the risk inherent in taking a total stranger home! Heaven will speak on your behalf and whenever you call out for one help, you will have them come in multiple, by this singular act of humanity in you. Watchout!!

AMEN!!!

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by nascodamus(m): 12:28pm On Dec 10, 2019
titiloyeblog:
Nigerian writer, Richard Henshaw, has shared the story of how a little boy was innocently used to defraud a shop owner in Lagos state earlier today December 9th. Richard who shared photos of the little boy, wrote;

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2078841475551713&id=100002776410326
the boy was use i have seen this same story happened before in Abuja
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
iamphilips:

GOD BLESS YOU

AMEN

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by olaolaking: 12:33pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

See you, some dey pick bottle to survive. Some go round to clean while some go round to beg. I have a 14 year old in my house as I type. He stopped me on the road begging for money and I asked him what he wanted money for, he said to eat. I was too afraid to give him my money so I took him to a road side canteen not too far from where I was having meeting. I told the food vendor to give him food whatever he wants and I paid. Still I was disturbed in my spirit. I didn't like the way he's looking so tattard and dirty. I questioned him while he was eating. I asked for his parents, he said his mom is late and his dad is in Ibadan. He ran away from his village because his step mom was maltreating him bla bla bla. I asked him where he lives, he said he sleeps in a bus. He waits for the bus driver to return from work at night and then he sleeps. So I asked him if he gets a job, will he work? He said yes. After his food, I told a guy in my church to go to where the boy says he sleeps at night to meet the bus driver for confirmation. Also the boy has his father and maternal uncle number which I collected. The bus driver confirmed that the boy do sleep in his bus at night and he was only using that to help him. I spoke to the bus driver. I called the boy Father, he said he was tired of the boy. He was sent to Islamic school, he refused to learn. He was asked to learn a hand work, he won't stay. So they got tired of him and don't care how he lives his life. I spoke to his maternal uncle, he said the boy mother is late and he is a poor man, he can't cater for the boy.
Anyway I took the boy home to our family house. Got him soap, sponge, towel to clean up, ask a boy in the compound to take him to the barber to cut his hair. Took one of my brothers clothes and gave to him.I took his before and after photos. I cleaned him up so my family members won't be scared of him or his looks rather. To cut the long story short, he is with us now. I took him to a government school, paid for his name to come out or what is it called, but considering where he was coming from and wouldn't want him to be polluted again, I took him to a private school not above my budget for him.

Now do you know if this boy had stayed too long on the street, even a day longer, he could fall into the hands of bad boys who will recruit, welcome him to Lagos and train him for their evil assignment.
That was all what I thought of that made me take the big risk of housing a total stranger. I didn't want him to fall into the wrong hands and even if he had, I was ready to get him rehabilitated.
And oh I went to the orphanage home but I was told they don't admit anyhow bla bla bla and someone will be going to Ibadan soon to know his father house.

That little boy up there could be a victim.
Street kids who grew up becoming somebody can relate to the story up.
It's very possible my dear...

RiyadhGoddess:

See you, some dey pick bottle to survive. Some go round to clean while some go round to beg. I have a 14 year old in my house as I type. He stopped me on the road begging for money and I asked him what he wanted money for, he said to eat. I was too afraid to give him my money so I took him to a road side canteen not too far from where I was having meeting. I told the food vendor to give him food whatever he wants and I paid. Still I was disturbed in my spirit. I didn't like the way he's looking so tattard and dirty. I questioned him while he was eating. I asked for his parents, he said his mom is late and his dad is in Ibadan. He ran away from his village because his step mom was maltreating him bla bla bla. I asked him where he lives, he said he sleeps in a bus. He waits for the bus driver to return from work at night and then he sleeps. So I asked him if he gets a job, will he work? He said yes. After his food, I told a guy in my church to go to where the boy says he sleeps at night to meet the bus driver for confirmation. Also the boy has his father and maternal uncle number which I collected. The bus driver confirmed that the boy do sleep in his bus at night and he was only using that to help him. I spoke to the bus driver. I called the boy Father, he said he was tired of the boy. He was sent to Islamic school, he refused to learn. He was asked to learn a hand work, he won't stay. So they got tired of him and don't care how he lives his life. I spoke to his maternal uncle, he said the boy mother is late and he is a poor man, he can't cater for the boy.
Anyway I took the boy home to our family house. Got him soap, sponge, towel to clean up, ask a boy in the compound to take him to the barber to cut his hair. Took one of my brothers clothes and gave to him.I took his before and after photos. I cleaned him up so my family members won't be scared of him or his looks rather. To cut the long story short, he is with us now. I took him to a government school, paid for his name to come out or what is it called, but considering where he was coming from and wouldn't want him to be polluted again, I took him to a private school not above my budget for him.

Now do you know if this boy had stayed too long on the street, even a day longer, he could fall into the hands of bad boys who will recruit, welcome him to Lagos and train him for their evil assignment.
That was all what I thought of that made me take the big risk of housing a total stranger. I didn't want him to fall into the wrong hands and even if he had, I was ready to get him rehabilitated.
And oh I went to the orphanage home but I was told they don't admit anyhow bla bla bla and someone will be going to Ibadan soon to know his father house.

There are different faces o.

I picked a boy from the beach. He was close to 13. After staying a week in my house. I decided to register him in government school. I snapped his passport and gave it to our health insurance so that he can be one of the beneficiaries. I paid for 12 passports for him at a price above what it used to be.

But something told me - All the story that this guy told you will change if something happens o. I went to the nearest police station. To tell them about the boy and my plan to foster him. The police told me it is not what they can handle but they told me to go to welfare at the nearest local government office.

The woman I met after explaining to her told the boy to go outside and wait for us.
The woman told. Oga, I am a woman and I have my own children. I can tell you from our experience that this boy is 90% not innocent. With our experience here. I just want to give him benefit of doubt. But he is likely to be lying.

She then directed us to Alakara police station at Mushin as that is the place where Lagos state have departments for such cases..

At Mushin, they started attacking the guy immediately I explained to them. I decided to ignore their treatment because I assumed they have been in the business and they know what they were doing. But at a point I also felt sorry for the boy and began to pity him. The conclusion was that I should take the guy home while they fixed a date for us to come back for them to start investigation to confirm if the guy was saying the truth.

That was all o.
The guy run away till today.That was 2017 we recently dashed out the designer clothes we bought for him.

3 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:35pm On Dec 10, 2019
Egobe:

It shall be Well with you and your Progeny,l.with people like you the world will be a better place.

I pray I'm all buxed up soon,I'll like to emulate this character of yours.

God will give you the Grace in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

the God of our Father. the Lord of heaven shall see to your case always.. he shall always be at your side and all your endeavors shall be favored.. I pray for you and family... you shall always have reason to celebrate and lo and behold... Grace shall be your lots...
thanks for showing agape love..

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2019
aspiring44:

What a mind you got . Pure heart I must say .

It's only God that will reward you heavenly .

Someone told me a story that he was an houseboy working with former governor of a state and within six months of stay there, the former Governor adopted as one of his own children. And the same person has also reached a good status in life also helping people ..

The message is "To love is place of our love in the happiness of another"

True
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:40pm On Dec 10, 2019
klassd:

It's a big risk you took, God bless you.

Amen
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2019
smogup:

You're blessed. More grease to your elbow.

Amen
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
AreaFada2:

God bless you and your family sir. You might just have saved a young life, saved many from being victims of bank robbery, armed robbery or one chance scam.

There's no telling how much the merciless polluting effects of the street can badly shape a street child. Yet there are many individuals who can easily cater for 10 street kids but won't.

Amen...
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2019
TheGreenLand:
God bless you for your good heart. but i no support the gej rubbish u put 4 ur status. only criminals want gej. irony of life truly

It's well
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:45pm On Dec 10, 2019
Rubyventures:

May the God continue to bless you for your selflessness.

Amin Jesu
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by SEGLIZ: 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

Anyway I took the boy home to our family house. Got him soap, sponge, towel to clean up, ask a boy in the compound to take him to the barber to cut his hair. Took one of my brothers clothes and gave to him.I took his before and after photos. I cleaned him up so my family members won't be scared of him or his looks rather. To cut the long story short, he is with us now. I took him to a government school, paid for his name to come out or what is it
called, but considering where he was coming from and wouldn't want him to be polluted again, I took him to a private school not above my budget for him.

thanks your good work.
A good mother with a good heart.
I motivated to take a bold step in doing good.
the only way we can have a better country, a tomorrow for our nation. way to go.
one soul that would come around to hunt you kids is already being groom to be their defender and strength.
thank you ones again.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2019
SEGLIZ:

thanks your good work.
A good mother with a good heart.
I motivated to take a bold step in doing good.
the only way we can have a better country, a tomorrow for our nation. way to go.
one soul that would come around to hunt you kids is already being groom to be their defender and strength.
thank you ones again.

You are welcome sir

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2019
emmanuelpopson:

the God of our Father. the Lord of heaven shall see to your case always.. he shall always be at your side and all your endeavors shall be favored.. I pray for you and family... you shall always have reason to celebrate and lo and behold... Grace shall be your lots...
thanks for showing agape love..

Amen Amen Amen
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

It's well
Yes it is.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
soberdrunk:

Even a 5 year old street kid won't fall for this if he isn't in on it........ anyway I said "98%" there is a 2% chance that he is just a very dull innocent street kid....
And who told u street kids are smart, infact majority of them are not very smart. This kid could be new in the street sef n knows nothing bout the street.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by grandstar(m): 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

The boy's story reminds me of Oliver Twist and the artful dodger. Thanks for helping that boy

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by JGirl20(f): 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

May you never lack in life. I feel so touched by your write-up and I must confess that you are an angel. Love you

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:06pm On Dec 10, 2019
olaolaking:

I picked a boy from the beach. He was close to 13. After staying a week in my house. I decided to register him in government school. I snapped his passport and gave it to our health insurance so that he can be one of the beneficiaries. I paid for 12 passports for him at a price above what it used to be.

But something told me - All the story that this guy told you will change if something happens o. I went to the nearest police station. To tell them about the boy and my plan to foster him. The police told me it is not what they can handle but they told me to go to welfare at the nearest local government office.

The woman I met after explaining to her told the boy to go outside and wait for us.
The woman told. Oga, I am a woman and I have my own children. I can tell you from our experience that this boy is 90% not innocent. With our experience here. I just want to give him benefit of doubt. But he is likely to be lying.

She then directed us to Alakara police station at Mushin as that is the place where Lagos state have departments for such cases..

At Mushin, they started attacking the guy immediately I explained to them. I decided to ignore their treatment because I assumed they have been in the business and they know what they were doing. But at a point I also felt sorry for the boy and began to pity him. The conclusion was that I should take the guy home while they fixed a date for us to come back for them to start investigation to confirm if the guy was saying the truth.

That was all o.
The guy run away till today.That was 2017 we recently dashed out the designer clothes we bought for him.

Yes there's always a very high tendency for them to go back to the street. That's was why I didn't mind forfeiting the money I had paid for government school to a private school because I saw the possibility of him being polluted.
Also there is always traces of mixed up lies in their stories but while doing your investigation, try to take away panic from them. Assure them that no matter what it is or their mistakes, there is still room to fix them to become someone better.
Remember I said my boy seun father complained of how he refused to learn and all, I scolded him softly and also advised him and assured him of a better tomorrow if he is serious. Also before putting him in school, I asked him to choose between learning a hand work or schooling even though I wanted him to go school but he should decide because I wouldn't want to pay for school and then he won't learn. He choose school.
His first few weeks in school was difficult for him because he felt he was the oldest in class and the rest of his class mate were too smallish. I kept on advising him and also made sure I got him a coaching teacher to teach him during break time and after school.
Seun said he wants to learn barbing too which I will pay a barber close to me to teach him every evening.
Most importantly, I introduced Christ to him. I made sure he's serving in the vine yard of God.
Seun is a worker in the teenage department. We go to church together and we worship & listen to the word of God together.

The boy you picked might have been scared that you will drop him at the orphanage home because I noticed that seun was too afraid of the orphanage home when I first of all thought of dropping him there. He didn't want to go there. So those welfare scrutinizing him must have put fear in him.
You know how these our civil servant dey always behave na...

You tried that's what matters.
It's well...

3 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
JGirl20:

May you never lack in life. I feel so touched by your write-up and I must confess that you are an angel. Love you

I Love you too

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by RiyadhGoddess(f): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2019
grandstar:

The boy's story reminds me of Oliver Twist and the artful dodger. Thanks for helping that boy

Yeh Oliver Twist. Thanks for reminding me.
I should read the book again.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by jabolo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

Yes there's always a very high tendency for them to go back to the street. That's was why I didn't mind forfeiting the money I had paid for government school to a private school because I saw the possibility of him being polluted.
Also there is always traces of mixed up lies in their stories but while doing your investigation, try to take away panic from them. Assure them that no matter what it is or their mistakes, there is still room to fix them to become someone better.
Remember I said my boy seun father complained of how he refused to learn and all, I scolded him softly and also advised him and assured him of a better tomorrow if he is serious. Also before putting him in school, I asked him to choose between learning a hand work or schooling even though I wanted him to go school but he should decide because I wouldn't want to pay for school and then he won't learn. He choose school.
You tried that's what matters.
It's well...

People, see. "Her boy Seun".

She is playing the mother's role with pride. She has thrown herself into this role and her gifts will be repaid with interest. The pride you feel when someone you mentor achieves something is unquantifiable, trust me.

Her life is set to be enriched with each milestone - imagine at Seun's wedding sef? She will dance tire.

God continue to bless this woman, and anyone else inspired to do same.

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by Strica(f): 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2019
olaolaking:

That was all o.

Oga even me I wud b tempted to run o. they hadn't even confirmed if he had a case and they already pounced on him in that manner, ahn ahn. don't you know how the mind of an abused child works? fear. fear often dictates their action.
I'm not saying he must have been innocent; what I'm saying is that there's a huge chance that he ran not because of fear of his lawful apprehension but fear of the opposite.

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by do4luv14(m): 1:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
Yes it sould be on the shop keeper,
he dont know either of them from Adam, yet it takes the vioce of Eve on the phone for him to act stupidly

mannycrown:

Lol
I love the beauty of diversity of thought patterns. Your blame is on the shop keeper! Lol
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by chris51(f): 1:42pm On Dec 10, 2019
[quyou are absolutely correct. God will help and bless you for taking care of this boy.
There are many young ones boys/girls who are abandoned by their relatives. They are exposed to wicked and criminal minded people.

ote author=RiyadhGoddess post=84780785]

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by youngchopper(m): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

May God bless you sir!
This will surely inspire me!

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by Sijo01(f): 1:50pm On Dec 10, 2019
BOSMANARIS:

I dey vex as I see those posts saying it's a planned scam

Nor mind dem jare.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by youngchopper(m): 1:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:

May God bless you sir!
This will surely inspire me!
GOD PLS REOMVE 1 YEAR OF MY LIFE AND ADD TO THIS MAN'S OWN AMEN
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by Akios63(m): 1:56pm On Dec 10, 2019
The Boy was used naaa
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by Ijawwomaninoyo: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
He is talking rubbish! Need of water made him to follow a stranger and acting as brother? You can't beg 5 people for N20 to buy water without one having mercy on you.

And to the shop owner who is still a Zombie in 2019.

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Used To Perpetrate Rice Fraud In Lagos In Tears by Addy003(m): 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2019
soberdrunk:
A "12 years old" street boy that picks carton to sell on the street is = 25 years old in civilised country age. I can say with 98% certainty that this boy is far from innocent, this is a well planned scam...... angry
Ode ni e

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenyan Policewoman On The Run After Killing Her Lover Colleague (Photos) / Adedamola Adewale ‘Adeherself’ Regains Freedom / Herdsmen Kill 65-Year-Old Man In Imo (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 211
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.