Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? (33506 Views)

Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / At What Age Should A Child Start Fasting In Ramadan? / The Truth Concerning The Prophet's Marriage To Safiyyah Bint Huyay Ibn Akhtab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by ABCthingx: 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
lekspot01:
[color=#550000][/color]
If we have christinan section we will be fighting each other because of different doctrine from different churches. Let all the Christians too be one..... We serve only Jesus Christ
No, I don't think that a good enough reason. We have many denominations here now are we fighting?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by ABCthingx: 3:08pm On Dec 13, 2019
Najyin:

It's you Christians that'll scatter the section. Trust me.
So Christians are not matured enough?
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2019
ABCthingx:
You don't follow Christ in your way you follow him in Christ way

Does Christ have a way? All we see is Paul's way!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2019
Ogunnnowos:
that's what you Christians isn't getting abt Islam,sunni and Shiite is political oriented! As long as we all prays in one direction nd we read the same Quran! Islam will forever be one

A politically oriented struggle is still motivated to some extent by a DISPUTE about the TRUTH of Islam.

Its political because you people DISAGREE about the way the faith should be understood and practised.

As long as one single person has spilled their blood due to sectarian conflict, Islam is not one! Simple!

Can a Sunni Muslim use chains and whips on himself to mourn the martyrdom of Ali [ra] ?

Can a Shia Muslim adhere to any word uttered by Abu-Bakr [ra] or Aisha [ra] ?

So you people are not in agreement! Forget it!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Bahaha just like Sufi, Ahmadiyya and Alawites are servants of Allah and witnesses of the seal of the prophets [saww] (Muslims) in their own way right? yet they still get massacred all over the planet

Are they Christians?

A Suffi can be Muslim or not.

An Ahmadiyya can be muslim or not.

It all depends on their respective beliefs in Tawheed , Qur'an and Sunnah.

Can JW, Cherubim, Catholics, Celestials be Christians at all ?
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by ABCthingx: 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

Does Christ have a way? All we see is Paul's way!
Paul inspired by who?
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 3:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
ABCthingx:
Paul inspired by who?

Who knows? It could be a demon, Jinn or whatever!
Jesus does not approve of Paul while he was alive. Only for Paul to write over half of the NT even more than the 11 disciples together!
I smell lies!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2019
Virginkpekus:

Don't moslems also have shiite and sunni?...abeg talk another thing.

You are right! But all of them can still manage to pray in the same mosque.

Can a you as a Cherubim & Seraphim member attend Celestial Church for Sunday Service? I am sure both are not even Christians to you!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by ABCthingx: 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

Jesus does not approve of Paul while he was alive. Only for Paul to write over half of the NT even more than the 11 disciples together!
I smell lies!
This argument is dead on arrival.
Other apostle were alive when Paul was writing;
1) He had meetings with them.
2) None condemned him.
3) Even peter approved his works.

By the way Christ is still alive.

You should tender apology for blasphemy.
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by Virginkpekus(f): 3:46pm On Dec 13, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

Can a you as a Cherubim & Seraphim member attend Celestial Church for Sunday Service? I am sure both are not even Christians to you!
Since there is no difference and can pray in the same mosque...why don't they ditch the shiite and sunni names, and just be Muslims!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by Virginkpekus(f): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

See talk o....didn't almost all churches evolve from the Catholic Church? Which Christian would say catholics aren't one? This your talk no weight oga.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

Even though Ahmadiyya believe that the Imam Mahdi has already come and gone?

Even though Sufi indulge in mysticism, esoteric orders and celebrations that many of you proscribe as bidaa

So why do they get persecuted and killed all over the world Why do their mosques get destroyed by other Muslims if its as simple as youre making it out to be?

JW do not believe that Jesus is God; they are not Christians. I personally dont know what Celestials and Cherubims specifically think; my point was that you cant claim that Islam is one while Christianity is not when both faiths have splits and schisms due to ideology.

So if youre talking about "swear" or "logo" on that basis then you are a hypocrite.
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

haqhaqhaq dont make me laugh myself into Sunday service

A Sunni cant be caught dead in an Ahmadi mosque! Hai! see lies

They cant even celebrate Eid on the same day and youre talking about mosque pahaha impossicant

At least I can stay inside any church where the BIBLE is being preached but you peoples own is totally different

Even if there are 1 million Qur'an inside, a Sunni wont enter a Shia mosque

1 Like

Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

I smell lies!

Just talking what you dont know as usual smh!

Paul was a serious persecutor of Christians before he was saved! His writing and his testimony show that anybodys situation can still be redeemed!

Thats the point of being a Christian; you can succeed no matter how terrible your past! Christ didnt come to "approve" of perfect people but to help the fallen and downtrodden

Thats why Paul wrote so much and thats why his writing is very important
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by ashantitope: 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
My daughter will get married by 23/25
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:07pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

haqhaqhaq dont make me laugh myself into Sunday service

A Sunni cant be caught dead in an Ahmadi mosque! Hai! see lies

They cant even celebrate Eid on the same day and youre talking about mosque pahaha impossicant

At least I can stay inside any church where the BIBLE is being preached but you peoples own is totally different

Even if there are 1 million Qur'an inside, a Sunni wont enter a Shia mosque

I never said a Sunni would pray in an Ahmadi Mosque.
Contexualise what you read,

I have prayed in the same mosque with Shia, Ahmadiyah and Sunni before. And not all Shia and Ahmadiyyah and Suffi are non-muslims!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
I never said a Sunni would pray in an Ahmadi Mosque.
Contexualise what you read,

I have prayed in the same mosque with Shia, Ahmadiyah and Sunni before. And not all Shia and Ahmadiyyah and Suffi are non-muslims!

Hahaha I am chuckling to myself like a faulty engine.

You said

So who is the all of them If you can enter the Shia mosque then why not an Ahmadi?

So what has Cherubim got to do with it when you people cant agree on your own?

Lol you cant even bring yourself to say "Ahmadi are Muslims"; you had to write "Not all"

If not all Shia, Ahmadi and Sufi are non-Muslims then what makes the remaining ones non-Muslims? Yet you're still talking about Cele which is better since we wont even do them anything.

In Pakistan before you can collect your passport, you have to swear an oath that Ahmadi are not Muslims and that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is an impostor yet according to you, Christians are the ones who are not unified.

Abegi!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
ABCthingx:

This argument is dead on arrival.
Other apostle were alive when Paul was writing;
1) He had meetings with them.
2) None condemned him.
3) Even peter approved his works.

By the way Christ is still alive.

You should tender apology for blasphemy.

Where are the writings of the other 11 disciples of Jesus? Your Christianity was an invention of Paul.

It would be easy to say that the authors were Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, James, Peter and Jude, but I would be wrong. In fact the only author of whom we can be certain is Paul.

The four New Testament gospels were all written anonymously and were not attributed to the persons whose names they now bear until later in the second century. Modern New Testament scholars say there is no good reason to accept any of these second-century attributions.

Not all the epistles attribute to Paul were actually written by him. As many as six epistles (2 Thessalonians,Ephesians, Colossians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus) were written pseudepigraphically long after his death. Scholars are uncertain whether the Epistle of James was written by James, the brother of Jesus, but generally agree that the other general epistles were not written by the persons to whom they are attributed. In fact, the three Epistles of John were actually signed by “the Preacher”, with no attempt to suggest that the author was really the apostle John. The Book of Revelation was signed by an otherwise unknown person called John, and in spite of tradition that this was the apostle John, scholars prefer to call the author “John of Patmos”.
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Just talking what you dont know as usual smh!

Paul was a serious persecutor of Christians before he was saved! His writing and his testimony show that anybodys situation can still be redeemed!

Thats the point of being a Christian; you can succeed no matter how terrible your past! Christ didnt come to "approve" of perfect people but to help the fallen and downtrodden

Thats why Paul wrote so much and thats why his writing is very important

It would be easy to say that the authors were Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, James, Peter and Jude, but I would be wrong. In fact the only author of whom we can be certain is Paul.

The four New Testament gospels were all written anonymously and were not attributed to the persons whose names they now bear until later in the second century. Modern New Testament scholars say there is no good reason to accept any of these second-century attributions.

Not all the epistles attribute to Paul were actually written by him. As many as six epistles (2 Thessalonians,Ephesians, Colossians, 1 Timothy, 2 Timothy and Titus) were written pseudepigraphically long after his death. Scholars are uncertain whether the Epistle of James was written by James, the brother of Jesus, but generally agree that the other general epistles were not written by the persons to whom they are attributed. In fact, the three Epistles of John were actually signed by “the Preacher”, with no attempt to suggest that the author was really the apostle John. The Book of Revelation was signed by an otherwise unknown person called John, and in spite of tradition that this was the apostle John, scholars prefer to call the author “John of Patmos”.
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Even though Ahmadiyya believe that the Imam Mahdi has already come and gone?

Even though Sufi indulge in mysticism, esoteric orders and celebrations that many of you proscribe as bidaa

So why do they get persecuted and killed all over the world Why do their mosques get destroyed by other Muslims if its as simple as youre making it out to be?

JW do not believe that Jesus is God; they are not Christians. I personally dont know what Celestials and Cherubims specifically think; my point was that you cant claim that Islam is one while Christianity is not when both faiths have splits and schisms due to ideology.

So if youre talking about "swear" or "logo" on that basis then you are a hypocrite.

Not all Ahmadi has such believe. And some of them are just ignorant of the details of what they are following.
Not all Suffis are in to what you claim and even if they are in to it we still have to define the kind of innovations they are in to.

The Islam that the Prophet Preached is one. And the Prophet stated that his Nation will be splited into 73 sects. All will enter fire except one.
And Allah will later save whoever He wills among those in the fire.
JW are Christians because Christ is not God.

You will say Catholics too are not Christians because they believe Mary is Mother of God.

So your Christian motto will be divided!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2019
Virginkpekus:

See talk o....didn't almost all churches evolve from the Catholic Church? Which Christian would say catholics aren't one? This your talk no weight oga.

Catholics worship graven images hence some protestants if not most of them don't recognize them as true Christians.

Catholics also believe Mary is the Mother of God.
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

Lol stick to the point habibi!

Whoever wrote that stuff did not have to be "approved" personally by Jesus because Jesus was already gone by then! At least all of it was written by different people with corroborating stories.

You really have guts speculating that Paul was inspired by a Jinn, when the whole of the Qur'an was recited by ONE person who saw the revelation ALONE in a cave somewhere so how do we know who he was inspired by
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 4:55pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

Not all Ahmadi has such believe. And some of them are just ignorant of the details of what they are following.
Not all Suffis are in to what you claim and even if they are in to it we still have to define the kind of innovations they are in to.

LOL please please, Im already having cough and youre making it turn to something else.

Every Ahmadi believes that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad was the Imam Mahdi and the Promised Messiah. Thats the whole point of being an Ahmadi in the first place

Sufis are open-minded on accepting the figures of other religions, celebrate the birthdays of saints and worship at their tombs which is what makes mainstream muslims denounce them as heretics

AntiChristian:
The Islam that the Prophet Preached is one. And the Prophet stated that his Nation will be splited into 73 sects. All will enter fire except one.
And Allah will later save whoever He wills among those in the fire.
JW are Christians because Christ is not God.

You will say Catholics too are not Christians because they believe Mary is Mother of God.

So your Christian motto will be divided!

At the bolded, exactly! So who are you to start talking about logo on the basis of unity when your Prophet [saww] told you you would all be split up? Why are you being a hypocrite?

Christians believe that Christ is God. Jehovah's witnesses do not believe that Christ is God. Ergo, Jehovah's witnesses are not Christians. I ghotara ya?

Every Christian believes that Mary is the mother of God; the fact that Mary gave birth to God in the form of Christ Jesus is literally the beginning of Christianity so you dont have any point whatsoever.

You havent actually explained to me why all those groups get beaten and slaughtered if you people are so "unified"
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 5:00pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Lol stick to the point habibi!

Whoever wrote that stuff did not have to be "approved" personally by Jesus because Jesus was already gone by then! At least all of it was written by different people with corroborating stories.

You really have guts speculating that Paul was inspired by a Jinn, when the whole of the Qur'an was recited by ONE person who saw the revelation ALONE in a cave somewhere so how do we know who he was inspired by

Nothing is on point here. We are both derailing a thread!

See you later.
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

Nothing is on point here. We are both derailing a thread!

See you later.

Ma'a salama!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by Virginkpekus(f): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

Catholics worship graven images hence some protestants if not most of them don't recognize them as true Christians.

Catholics also believe Mary is the Mother of God.
I am a protestant and have never for one day regarded a Catholic as a non-Christian. Don't know where you are getting your facts from.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by Rashduct4luv(m): 5:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
midnighter:

Hahaha I am chuckling to myself like a faulty engine.

You said

So who is the all of them If you can enter the Shia mosque then why not an Ahmadi?

So what has Cherubim got to do with it when you people cant agree on your own?

Lol you cant even bring yourself to say "Ahmadi are Muslims"; you had to write "Not all"

If not all Shia, Ahmadi and Sufi are non-Muslims then what makes the remaining ones non-Muslims? Yet you're still talking about Cele which is better since we wont even do them anything.

In Pakistan before you can collect your passport, you have to swear an oath that Ahmadi are not Muslims and that Mirza Ghulam Ahmad is an impostor yet according to you, Christians are the ones who are not unified.

Abegi!

There are guidelines in declaring someone non-muslims and this has been treated in this thread if you care:
https://www.nairaland.com/4752792/summary-things-throw-muslim-out
and
https://www.nairaland.com/4311984/guidelines-takfeer-ruling-someone-kaafir

bye.
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by midnighter(f): 5:09pm On Dec 13, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

There are guidelines in declaring someone non-muslims and this has been treated in this thread if you care:
https://www.nairaland.com/4752792/summary-things-throw-muslim-out
and
https://www.nairaland.com/4311984/guidelines-takfeer-ruling-someone-kaafir

bye.

The point is that you cant ask somebody whether they would enter Celestial church when you cant even enter a Shia mosque, because its hypocrisy!

Thank you for the links Sir, you are very kind.

Juma'a Mubarak!

1 Like

Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by AntiChristian: 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2019
Virginkpekus:

I am a protestant and have never for one day regarded a Catholic as a non-Christian. Don't know where you are getting your facts from.

I have attended several of their masses and catechism before so I understand how most Protestant feel about them.

1. Do you believe Mary is the mother of God?

2. Can you ask Mary to pray for you?

3. Can you bow/genuflect for graven images of Mary and/ Jesus?

If you can't do any of these three then you are antiCatholic!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by younowell: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
Abeg. Na mistake I take enter here o! I no suppose click that mumu declaration o!! Somebody please help me o. How I fit comot that shit from my profile. I be confirmed Christian and I no believe in any bull crap Allah. Make una help me o!!!
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by ABCthingx: 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2019
AntiChristian:

Where are the writings of the other 11 disciples of Jesus? Your Christianity was an invention of Paul.

so in simple words Christianity is an invention of Paul.
If we moved to a Christian forum will you still be able to stand your ground?
Re: At What Age Would You Suggest Marriage To Your Daughter? by adeniyi65(m): 5:54pm On Dec 13, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
To the mod that place swearing on this topic before i can comment, na you sabi , you're on your own.
Jesus all the way.

Back to the topic, if my daughter is ready for marriage as from 18 years, i wont stop her, i will only advise her, once the marriage wont stop her education and achieving her goals, better for her to marry early than to turn to olosho under my roof
Am with you on this.how would i open my eyes seeing my daughter becoming pot of all spoon because of restricting her marriage in other to get degree,master doctorate degree.its better to let her marry early than disgracing my pride and dignity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Questions About Ram Sacrifice On Eid Ul Adha / What Are The Do's And Don'ts Of A Muslim? / How Do You Handle Sexual Dreams ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.