Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Refuting Shia Baseless Theology - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Refuting Shia Baseless Theology (23692 Views)

Refuting The Shia Aqeeda 1 - An Alhussunah Schorlar / What A Professor Of Theology Thinks About The Islamic Religion. / The Immamah A Source Of Confusion; It Is Falsehood Based On Fraudulent Theology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by muhsin(m): 7:12pm On Jan 05, 2011
uplawal:

obedience

Can I take this as YES?
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2011
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2011
Abuzola !:

go and check the meaning of sufi or rather go to Ayatollah for more information since you have been inculcated with cancerous teaching and don't drag me into your factious point of view. Thats my boy, just go and ask him and be cogent

DONT TALK LIKE A KID BABA.

i am talking of "sufi" as a group identity the way there are "sunnis".

i am not talking about "sufi" in the sense of Irfan which is not a property to any group nor does any group monopolize it.

similarly when you play tricks,i can tell you also that you should check the meaning of "sunni"."sunni" is someone who follows the sunnah.shias do follow the sunnah and we believe you who call yourself "sunni" or "follower of the sunnah" dont actually follow the sunnah of Muhammad but the sunnah of men like umar and usthman.so therefore i can also deny you the right of calling yourself a "sunni".
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 8:48pm On Jan 05, 2011
muhsin:

Assalamu alaikum,

@Sister Uplawal,

I can't tell any living soul how worried I have been after reading some of your comments on this board regarding Shiite misguided sect. I was wondering whether or not you can indulge me in a discussion sometime soon. I wish the discussion could take place in private, for there I think you will feel more comfortable and be more open in telling me (and am sure my other brothers and sister too want to know) how or what exactly is/are your view(s) concerning some religious matters, but with emphasis on Shiite erroneous creed.

Tell me when, and InshaAllah I'll re-schedule anything I get to do and engage you, Sister. May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.

Thanks for your good understanding.

why not let us make an appointment on a clean new thread so that you can engage me?we can do that in the forum and publically and that is comfortable for me.what do you say?
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by Sweetnecta: 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2011
Alhamdulillah. With all of these disagreements everyone is concerned for h/her own soul. Praying and supplicating to Allah for Ultimate Mercy and Forgiveness from Him, Alone. I am happy that I am a muslim whose Lord is God Almighty, perfect in all Attributes.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by muhsin(m): 12:19pm On Jan 06, 2011
LagosShia:

why not let us make an appointment on a clean new thread so that you can engage me?we can do that in the forum and publically and that is comfortable for me.what do you say?

Are you and Uplawal one and the same person? You too, if not because of your dissimulation practice and vilification of the Prophet's Companions, I can well indulge you. That I am stiffly afraid of as I don't know whether or not my Creator will be displeased with me "leading" you committing that damnable and untoward acts.

May Allah, the Exalted, open our hearts and mind to realize truth and give us the ability to follow it; may He give us the wisdom to fathom falsehood and give us the guts to escape it, amin. May He guide us all to the right and straight-forward path, amin.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by azharuddin: 12:29pm On Jan 06, 2011
I would like to advice against any sort of discussion in this matter. Rather than discussing the history about which we are not sure, we should focus more on definite matters and ask questions like:
Do i perform salat on time? Do i do Dikr everyday? Have i insulted or hurt anyone with my tongue? Have i been nice to my parents? etc etc the list is endless.
When i ask these questions to myself i feel afraid. But the problem of us humans is we have a short memory for our sins and we get distracted very easily.

Allah guide all of us in the right path and make us refrain from committing sins.
Ameen.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by muhsin(m): 1:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
Salam, azharuddin

Thanks for the hint. And that, yes, we should be doing, but what of adding what I set out to do in addition? Thats one.

Secondaly I see that from a contrary angle. The sister i.e. Uplawal, whom is my concern here, I think hasn’t gone far; she can still hear our call by the Will of Allah. But if we fold our arms and let that misguidance gets rooted in her thought and mind we didn’t act as we ought to. Remember where Allah, the Exalted, mentions in the Qur’an that we are the best of people as we commend to do right and correct wrong where we see it.

[center]Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors. (Q3:110)[/center]

And, inshaAllah I won’t let the argument delve into that historical happening. We are going to stay at the surface, though courageously and wisely, inshaAllah.

May Allah, the Exalted, guide us all to the right path, amin.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by azharuddin: 1:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
Wa alaikumussalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

muhsin:

[center]Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors. (Q3:110)[/center]

And, inshaAllah I won’t let the argument delve into that historical happening. We are going to stay at the surface, though courageously and wisely, inshaAllah.

You are right about that. But there should be cooperation and no one should insult each other. There are ethics to be followed while discussing. By the history of this thread that has not been going well.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by muhsin(m): 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^^

I never insult anyone, especially a sister. I just want her to objectively read what I have to write and ignore what LagosShia will definitely be saying to deviate her (as well as other readers') attention. And beside, I'm thinking of opening a fresh thread for that. How do you see?

BTW, where are you Sis? I'm signing out for now. I'll inshaAllah be back later.

Cya!
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by azharuddin: 2:21pm On Jan 06, 2011
Ofcourse i didnt mean you will be insulting anyone, I was just speaking in general. New thread will be a good idea, Insha Allah all will benefit from it.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2011
muhsin:

Are you and Uplawal one and the same person? You too, if not because of your dissimulation practice and vilification of the Prophet's Companions, I can well indulge you. That I am stiffly afraid of as I don't know whether or not my Creator will be displeased with me "leading" you committing that damnable and untoward acts.

May Allah, the Exalted, open our hearts and mind to realize truth and give us the ability to follow it; may He give us the wisdom to fathom falsehood and give us the guts to escape it, amin. May He guide us all to the right and straight-forward path, amin.

no i am not the same person as "uplawal".

i did not ask for your poetry.and what i presented was not about dissimulation or your so called "villification" of the so called companions.no need to be a drama queen as i know very well you care less about whether or not i am damned for your so called "villification".you'd more or less be happy if i am damned for cursing the evil companions (not the good ones).

so it is your call.if you are sure enough of what you believe and you dont have anything to hide or lie,then lets do it.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by Abuzola1(m): 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
Lagos shia- i want to share what i sent to one of my group members in Abu Dawud Hadith, book 40, Number 4639 , though i know shia reject bukhari, muslim and abu dawud they have their own hadith, In the hadith Aqra the muadhan of umar ibn khattab narrated the conversation of umar ibn khattab and a bishop, he said umar ibn khattab asked the bishop if his name was in their book and he replied in the affirmative, he said umar was described as severest trustworthy, and asked about the next caliph if his name was mentioned in the book, he replied in the affirmative, the bishop said the next caliph will be pious but will favour his relative. (In ibn kathir Al bidayah wan nihayah uthman gave many post of ministry to his relative). Umar said may Allah forgive uthman three times, And the bishop was asked about the next caliph, he said it is in their book, He said (ALI) the next caliph will be rusty iron, though a pious caliph, when he becomes the caliphate sword will be unshealthed and bloodshed. Umar said 'filthy ! Filthy' End of quote. Indeed, Prophecy came true, it was doing the caliphate of Ali that he had the guts to fight Prophet muhammad's family i.e his wife, the first time that muslim and muslim fought each other, the first time that sahabas and sahabas slaughtered themselves like enemy, great and prominent sahabas were killed in the battle like Talha and zubair.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
Abuzola !:

Lagos shia- i want to share what i sent to one of my group members in Abu Dawud Hadith, book 40, Number 4639 , though i know shia reject bukhari, muslim and abu dawud they have their own hadith, In the hadith Aqra the muadhan of umar ibn khattab narrated the conversation of umar ibn khattab and a bishop, he said umar ibn khattab asked the bishop if his name was in their book and he replied in the affirmative, he said umar was described as severest trustworthy, and asked about the next caliph if his name was mentioned in the book, he replied in the affirmative, the bishop said the next caliph will be pious but will favour his relative. (In ibn kathir Al bidayah wan nihayah uthman gave many post of ministry to his relative). Umar said may Allah forgive uthman three times, And the bishop was asked about the next caliph, he said it is in their book, He said (ALI) the next caliph will be rusty iron, though a pious caliph, when he becomes the caliphate sword will be unshealthed and bloodshed. Umar said 'filthy ! Filthy' End of quote. Indeed, Prophecy came true, it was doing the caliphate of Ali that he had the guts to fight Prophet muhammad's family i.e his wife, the first time that muslim and muslim fought each other, the first time that sahabas and sahabas slaughtered themselves like enemy, great and prominent sahabas were killed in the battle like Talha and zubair.

please dont just mention people like Talha and Zubayr.also read and find out who was Ammar Ibn Yasser (may Allah be pleased on him).Ammar was a great sahaba.

as for the story mentioned,i do believe that there is no such prophecy that exists in the Bible about any 4 caliphs.if at all they (the first 3) will be mentioned as usrupers.if you read carefully in the above,you clearly see that this is another orchestrated and fabricated story aimed at the image of Imam Ali.read very well the wordings and trick of this hadith.this is not suprising as many as such were fabricated to fight the ahlul-bayt and one clear example already discussed are the fabricated hadiths sunnis still have to this day which try to relegate the importance of ashura in regards to the matyrdom of Imam Hussain on the 10TH of Muharram.

regardless,i am very open to read everything and that is why i am muslim.the hadith should have mentioned where the bishop got his references from.for example,when we muslims say the Prophet Muhammad is mentioned in the bible,we are able to point where in the bible mention is made and why the prophecy is about the man called Muhammad.likewise,we need references to check where Umar is mentioned in the bible or prophesied and in what light,good or bad.very simple!chikena!!!if you simply tell a christian that a bishop says this and that about the bible and you cannot prove where in the bible something is mentioned,then you or anyone can be accused of lying.

also the hadith is illogical because how can a bishop who is a mushrik (believing Jesus is god) explain that there is a prophecy in the bible about Umar or lets say about Islam and that bishop interestingly is not reported to have embraced Islam after he found in the bible prophecy about islam.this is a half and tailored story.for example,in the early 1990s we know that a bishop became muslim.and we know the name of the bishop and how he became muslim.check about David Benjamin Keldani.he became muslim simply because of the prophecy found in the book of John which described the prophet to come after Jesus.this is convincing.and many more authentic stories can be found even in the days of the Prophet and the 12 Imams where christian and jewish figures embraced Islam.we know in detail about those men.but for you or anyone to report a make-up story,that story upon examination will no doubt be rejected.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by Abuzola1(m): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2011
LagosShia:

please dont just mention people like Talha and Zubayr.also read and find out who was Ammar Ibn Yasser (may Allah be pleased on him).Ammar was a great sahaba.

as for the story mentioned,i do believe that there is no such prophecy that exists in the Bible about any 4 caliphs.if at all they (the first 3) will be mentioned as usrupers.if you read carefully in the above,you clearly see that this is another orchestrated and fabricated story aimed at the image of Imam Ali.read very well the wordings and trick of this hadith.this is not suprising as many as such were fabricated to fight the ahlul-bayt and one clear example already discussed are the fabricated hadiths sunnis still have to this day which try to relegate the importance of ashura in regards to the matyrdom of Imam Hussain on the 10TH of Muharram.

regardless,i am very open to read everything and that is why i am muslim.the hadith should have mentioned where the bishop got his references from.for example,when we muslims say the Prophet Muhammad is mentioned in the bible,we are able to point where in the bible mention is made and why the prophecy is about the man called Muhammad.likewise,we need references to check where Umar is mentioned in the bible or prophesied and in what light,good or bad.very simple!chikena!!!if you simply tell a christian that a bishop says this and that about the bible and you cannot prove where in the bible something is mentioned,then you or anyone can be accused of lying.

also the hadith is illogical because how can a bishop who is a mushrik (believing Jesus is god) explain that there is a prophecy in the bible about Umar or lets say about Islam and that bishop interestingly is not reported to have embraced Islam after he found in the bible prophecy about islam.this is a half and tailored story.for example,in the early 1990s we know that a bishop became muslim.and we know the name of the bishop and how he became muslim.check about David Benjamin Keldani.he became muslim simply because of the prophecy found in the book of John which described the prophet to come after Jesus.this is convincing.and many more authentic stories can be found even in the days of the Prophet and the 12 Imams where christian and jewish figures embraced Islam.we know in detail about those men.but for you or anyone to report a make-up story,that story upon examination will no doubt be rejected.

Do you think the bible is accurate from muhammad (P.B.U.H) to date, well there was a dratastic change aforetime:

Quran 9;30 The Jews say, "Ezra is the son of Allah "; and the Christians say, "The Messiah is the son of Allah ." That is their statement from their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved [before them]. May Allah destroy them; how are they deluded?

Today the jews are saying that prophet muhammad was hallucinating and was confused because today's jews consider it a blasphemy for God to have a son not to even talk of attributing it to them, as a matter of fact it is not even in their book, does that mean that Allah was ignorant ? subhannallah, no, it is because they changed many things in their book from Prophet muhammad's era to now.

why would Allah revealed this if their book were severely corrupted to that of today

Quran 5;66. And if only they had acted according to the Taurat (Torah), the Injeel (Bible), and what has (now) been sent down to them from their Lord (the Qur'an), they would surely have gotten provision from above them and from underneath their feet. There are from among them people who are on the right course (i.e. they act on the revelation and believe in Prophet Muhammad like 'Abdullah bin Salam ), but many of them do evil deeds.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by Abuzola1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2011
Also the story of salman Al farsi, a christian who embraced Islam after reading the identity of the last prophet,  which today is missing in the bible, i had to search for a shia website that also supported salman was once a christian since you disregard sunni hadith, and i got this
http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=5000

Who was Salman?
How did he believe in Islam? His name was Roozbah. It means "Happy". He was born at a village in Isfahan. His father was the head of the village. He was a rich man.
At that time, the Persian people worshipped fire because it was the symbol of light. So, fire was sacred to them. Thus, they had temples where fire was made to blaze forever. And there were holy men. They continued its burning day and night.
When Roozbah grew up, his father wanted him to be of great importance. So, he asked him to manage the temple and to go on burning the fire. Roozbah thought about fire.
He refused it as a god, for man takes care of it so as not to put out. One day, the young man roamed through the distant green fields. In the distance, he saw a pretty building.
He headed for it. The building was a church. The church was built by some monks to worship Allah. At that time, Christianity was Allah's real religion. The young man talked with the monks. The love of Allah's religion entered his heart. He asked them:
Where's the religion from? It's from Shaam.

The Migration
Roozbah decided to go to Shaam. He waited for a caravan The traders of the caravan accepted to take him to their homeland. The young man lived in a priest's house.
He wanted to learn the principles of the religion, good behaviour, and the teachings of the Bible. After a time, the priest died.
So, Roozbah immigrated to Mousal ( a city in the northern part of Iraq). There he lived in a church. From Mousal, he moved to Naseebeen. Then he moved to Ammuriyah.
Roozbah lived at Ammuriyah for a time. The priest of Ammuriyah was a good man. Before his death, he said to Roozbah:
During this time, Allah will send a Prophet. The Prophet will bring the religion of Ibrahim al-Khalil. And he'll immigrate to a land with a lot of date palms.
Roozbah asked him:
What are his marks? Some of his marks are: He'll accept the gift but he won't accept the alms. And the mark of prophecy will be between his shoulders.
The good priest died and Roozbah was by himself. He thought of the immigration to the Arab Peninsula. One day, a caravan passed by him. The caravan wanted to come back to Hejaz. He gave them all his money to travel to Makkah.
The traders took his money and deprived him of his freedom. They sold him to a Jew as a slave. Roozbah was sad because of that disloyalty, but he was patient. He sincerely began working on the Jewish man's farm.
Days passed. One morning a man belonged to Bani Quraidha came to visit his cousin. He saw Roozbah working very hard. The man said to his cousin:
Please sell me that slave.
Roozbah became happy because Bani Quraidha lived in Yathrib full of date-palms. In the meantime, the priest of Ammuriyah told him that the promised Prophet would appear in it. Roozbah was always counting the days.
He looked forward to the Prophet's appearance. One day, while he was working on the farm, he heard his master saying to a friend of his:
Muhammad's arrived at Quba. And some people of Yathrib have received him.
Roozbah rejoiced at the news, for it was time to get his freedom. He waited till evening. When it became dark, he took some dates and left his master's house secretly. The distance between Yathrib and Quba was about two miles.
Roozbah covered them quickly. When he arrived at Quba, he went to our Master Muhammad [s] and said:
These dates as alms.
Our Master Muhammad [s] distributed the dates to his companions, but he did not eat any. Roozbah said to himself:
This is the first mark
On the following day, he came again. He had some dates, too. He said to our Master Muhammad [s]:
These are gifts.
The Prophet [s] took the dates gratefully. He distributed them to his companions and ate some. Roozbah said to himself:
And this is the second mark
For this reason, Roozbah was certain that Muhammad was the promised Prophet. He embraced him and believed in Islam. For this reason, our Master Muhammad [s] named him Salman.

Freedom
Islam has come to free person from control of another person. Allah has given man freedom. Thus our Master Muhammad [s] said to his companions:
Help Salman to get his freedom
The Jewish man accepted to free Salman provided that he should plant him three thousand date-palms. His brothers collected him the palm shootings.
And our Master Muhammad [s] began planting them. They all lived. In this way, Allah granted Salman freedom. Therefore, he lived happily with our Master Muhammad [s].
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2011
i dont deny the fact at all that the bible is constantly edited and the original message is lost.infact plenty of what is contained in the bible is a distortion of the revelation of Jesus and the other prophets.

but i cannot verify that umar is prophesied in the bible if it is lost and i have never set eyes on that prophecy.also i am not christian.i can also use the logic that Umar could have bribed some bishops to add his name to the bible if we want to use the bible which constantly changes as the yardstick.so i think we should handle what is between our hands.and as a muslim,you dont need to refer to the bible to solve the dispute between us.the Quran and the Prophet's teachings through the Ahlul-Bayt and the good Sahaba is enough for me as shia.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by Abuzola1(m): 11:25pm On Jan 07, 2011
LagosShia:

i dont deny the fact at all that the bible is constantly edited and the original message is lost.infact plenty of what is contained in the bible is a distortion of the revelation of Jesus and the other prophets.

but i cannot verify that umar is prophesied in the bible if it is lost and i have never set eyes on that prophecy.also i am not christian.i can also use the logic that Umar could have bribed some bishops to add his name to the bible if we want to use the bible which constantly changes as the yardstick.so i think we should handle what is between our hands.and as a muslim,you dont need to refer to the bible to solve the dispute between us.the Quran and the Prophet's teachings through the Ahlul-Bayt and the good Sahaba is enough for me as shia.

lol, haba my guy, how can umar bribe a bishop, if the bishop is corrupt then definitely umar the 2nd caliph of the muslim ummah cannot be conceit, so pls stop that. And you made mentioned of umar's name not being in the bible, i thought we settled this up there and you even said that many facts were lost. Let me give you a clue for why Every single prophecy is profess by Islam, this is because so that people will be guided to the right path, before the birth of jesus the jews had every single detail of how and where and name of the next messenger to come, when he will be born, etc, the people of the book had details of the last Prophet and ambient he will sustain, now to Muhammad's prophecy , He told us of the coming of dajjal, imam mahdi, yajuj and majuj, etc and how they will ravage the earth, how they will die, their age, etc, so why don't you believe that jesus also prophesized on the caliphate if you truely believe in jesus as messenger from Allah
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2011
@Abuzola!

if you can show me evidence or the reference,then we can examine it.but you cant build your case with a claim.if you lack evidence then the case is lost.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by Abuzola1(m): 5:11pm On Jan 10, 2011
LagosShia:

@Abuzola!

if you can show me evidence or the reference,then we can examine it.but you cant build your case with a claim.if you lack evidence then the case is lost.

check Abu Dawud Hadith, book 40, Number 4639 , for reference
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2011
Abuzola !:

check Abu Dawud Hadith, book 40, Number 4639 , for reference

am requesting the bible reference on the verse the hadith mentions.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by 123jml: 3:29pm On Jan 11, 2011
We should have halt from replying to these dudes any more because of the above post by the prominent member of shikashia sect which doesn't make any sense to any responsible Muslim.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by Abuzola1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
123jml:

We should have halt from replying to these dudes any more because of the above post by the prominent member of shikashia sect which doesn't make any sense to any responsible Muslim.
LagosShia:

am requesting the bible reference on the verse the hadith mentions.
lol, suit yourself mr dissimulation, as if he wasn't the one that said the bible was majorly distorted unlike the one Allah referred to in the Quran, if you truely believe that it wasn't the holy books Allah referred to jews and christian to hold fast to it 1400 years and i even gave you sample of uzair being the son of God missing in their current book (old testament). Once Again you displayed your stupidiy in excult and pride. Let him who have sense decide for himself the right path. May Allah open ur heart to the truth and cede arrogancy amin. Masalam
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 7:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
Abuzola !:

lol, suit yourself mr dissimulation, as if he wasn't the one that said the bible was majorly distorted unlike the one Allah referred to in the Quran, if you truely believe that it wasn't the holy books Allah referred to jews and christian to hold fast to it 1400 years and i even gave you sample of uzair being the son of God missing in their current book (old testament). Once Again you displayed your stupidiy in excult and pride. Let him who have sense decide for himself the right path. May Allah open your heart to the truth and cede arrogancy amin. Masalam

how can you make me believe anything based on something in the bible that we cant find today?you said it has being distorted,and for that reason you want me to believe that umar's righteousness was foretold there because one hadith that could have being a fabrication says umar is mentioned there.if you want me to believe anything because the bible is in a corrupt form,then i can as well tell you that i was also prophesied in bible but you cant find it there because it has being changed.when we prove the prophethood of Muhammad (sa)  in the bible as the Quran says our Prophet was foretold there we give references of the verses and chapters in the bible where he can be found.if you cant back your hadith with biblical reference,then your hadith is just a claim.infact the hadith is not even narrating the words of the Prophet.the hadith is quoting the alleged claim of a christian bishop who said umar was foretold in the bible.yet we are not informed that the bishop embraced islam.i dont believe any christian bishop.i am a muslim.

on the other hand,i can give you a biblical reference that can support our belief in 12 Imams in the present-day bible afterall the talk  of bible corrpution.if you too cant do likewise,then you are free to convince yourself and not me.

Genesis 17:20 (New International Version, ©2010)
20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

"Muslims identify the "twelve rulers" mentioned in Genesis with the "Hadith of Twelve Successors" stated by the Prophet Muhammad (sa) as narrated in sunni sahih books (bukhari and muslim). For instance, the 14th century Sunni scholar Ibn Kathir stated [119]:

We see the following prophecy in the Taurat which is in the hands of the Jews and the Christians: "Indeed Allah, the Exalted, has given Ibrahim (a.s.) the glad tidings of Isma'il, and he has bestowed a favour and multiplied it and placed in his progeny twelve mighty (personalities)." ,
Ibn Taymiyya said: "And these are the same, regarding whom the Prophet (s.a.w.s.) has given the glad tidings in the tradition of Jabir ibn Samurah and stated their number; indeed this is with regard to the Imams and the Hour will not come till they last."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_the_Twelve_Successors#Links_to_the_Bible
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by hymen(f): 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2011
LagosShia:

how can you make me believe anything based on something in the bible that we cant find today?you said it has being distorted,and for that reason you want me to believe that umar's righteousness was foretold there because one hadith that could have being a fabrication says umar is mentioned there.if you want me to believe anything because the bible is in a corrupt form,then i can as well tell you that i was also prophesied in bible but you cant find it there because it has being changed.when we prove the prophethood of Muhammad (sa)  in the bible as the Quran says our Prophet was foretold there we give references of the verses and chapters in the bible where he can be found.if you cant back your hadith with biblical reference,then your hadith is just a claim.infact the hadith is not even narrating the words of the Prophet.the hadith is quoting the alleged claim of a christian bishop who said umar was foretold in the bible.yet we are not informed that the bishop embraced islam.i dont believe any christian bishop.i am a muslim.

on the other hand,i can give you a biblical reference that can support our belief in 12 Imams in the present-day bible afterall the talk  of bible corrpution.if you too cant do likewise,then you are free to convince yourself and not me.

Genesis 17:20 (New International Version, ©2010)
20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.

"Muslims identify the "twelve rulers" mentioned in Genesis with the "Hadith of Twelve Successors" stated by the Prophet Muhammad (sa) as narrated in sunni sahih books (bukhari and muslim). For instance, the 14th century Sunni scholar Ibn Kathir stated [119]:

We see the following prophecy in the Taurat which is in the hands of the Jews and the Christians: "Indeed Allah, the Exalted, has given Ibrahim (a.s.) the glad tidings of Isma'il, and he has bestowed a favour and multiplied it and placed in his progeny twelve mighty (personalities)." ,
Ibn Taymiyya said: "And these are the same, regarding whom the Prophet (s.a.w.s.) has given the glad tidings in the tradition of Jabir ibn Samurah and stated their number; indeed this is with regard to the Imams and the Hour will not come till they last."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith_of_the_Twelve_Successors#Links_to_the_Bible
Imagine quoting a 'corrupted book'  grin grin grin grin grin grin

anyway,kindly respond to my points here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-583876.0.html
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2011
hymen:

Imagine quoting a 'corrupted book'  grin grin grin grin grin grin

anyway,kindly respond to my points here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-583876.0.html

well from the muslim perspective,the bible is just like our collections of hadiths.you find the good,the bad and the ugly.its just a matter of fairness and patience to examine each word to know whether or not to accept it.

there are (no doubt) good things in the bible we can put forth to support islam.but unlike Abuzola!,i will not claim the bible says this or that or any book for that matter,when i cannot produce evidence or reference to back my claim.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by hymen(f): 1:10pm On Jan 12, 2011
So the hadiths aren't entirely reliable ?

Why refer to them anyway.

You can't pick and choose my dear. , its all or nothing wink
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
Who told you its all or nothing?you can always choose the one thats is not contradictory to the Quran,its only the Holy Quran thats all and complete free from distortion,everyother piece may be fallible
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by LagosShia: 3:59pm On Jan 12, 2011
hymen:

So the hadiths aren't entirely reliable ?

Why refer to them anyway.

You can't pick and choose my dear. , its all or nothing wink

it is "all or nothing" if we can be sure and we are convinced that there is no error in either the collection of hadiths or the bible.but when there is error then it can never be "all or nothing".we must then examine each word to determine what we should accept and what we should reject.those that can neither be verified as acceptable nor rejected,we can be indifferent toward them.

for example,in the New Testament,we find where Jesus said "hear oh israel the lord our God is One".Jesus said that is the most important commandment,when asked of which is the greatest (mark 12:29).that is beautifully put and appealing to the heart of the most pious muslim.that is the basis of the message sent by God to all His messengers and prophets.that is tawhid (monotheism) and that is what makes us muslims and what we recite when we become muslim or to become muslim and we recite everyday.

but when you examine more, another verse tells you"in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was god".in the new world translation of jehovah's witnesses,John 1:1 reads:"in the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word is A god"!!! now that is called polytheism.

ofcourse i can go on and cite more verses from the bible that we cannot accept because they contradict the basis of faith and the message of God.we cannot just let everything go or be thrown away.if that is done,then a muslim and a christian will have nothing in common to base their dialogue or debate.

there are also biblical verses on history and science that need to be verified from science and secular history.and i know not everything in the bible on those 2 categories are acceptable.
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by isalegan2: 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2011
hymen:

hmmmmm. Please confirm if you're shia or not. I may need some clarification
If He is my Lord why do I need to 'surrender' again na? Okay I'll meet you on the curious thread  smiley

I don't get your motives here.  Curious one minute; trashing muslims the next. 

hymen:

Liar ! alhajis f@#k boys pass anything.

Because their religion hides women,Im almost certain more than 70% of Hausa mehn must have had homo experience,tho they won't consider themselves gay  cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=583851.msg7514950#msg7514950
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by hymen(f): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2011
isale_gan2:

I don't get your motives here. Curious one minute; trashing muslims the next.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=583851.msg7514950#msg7514950

I'm sure you're old enough to distinguish between Islam or christianity (genuine divinely inspired faiths) from christians & muslims(human beings,politics,wickednesss,hypocrisy etc).

I'm very curious as you say and willing to understand Islam better.

You catch my drift ? wink
Re: Refuting Shia Baseless Theology by isalegan2: 6:55pm On Jan 12, 2011
hymen:

I'm sure you're old enough to distinguish between Islam or christianity  (genuine divinely inspired faiths) from christians & muslims (human beings,politics,wickednesss,hypocrisy etc). I'm very curious as you say and willing to understand Islam better.

You catch my drift ? wink

I don't waste time with people like you.  I don't care what you believe or don't believe.  It's obvious you talk out of both sides of your mouth.  I just wanted the people wasting their time on you to see what you're really like.  And, I have no desire to "catch your drift."  Goodbye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How To Overcome Hardships (The Islamic Perspective) / Islam Cleric ‘Performs Miracle’ On A Physically-Challenged Lady In A Mosque / Pregnant Muslim Woman Attacked In Paris, Loses Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.