Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release (38241 Views)

Pictures Of Sambo Dasuki With Family Members After His Release From Detention / Sowore Mobbed By Excited Family Members And Nigerians After His Release / Obasanjo And Wife, Stella After His Release From Yola Prison In 1998 (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2019
Those senators should not only demand for the release of sowore alone, they shld press for embargo on all activities with US or the federal government release sowore.

DemoCRAZYTyranny government
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by YungJo207(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
Mrpsly247:

We are eagerly waiting

Who are the we abeg? Oga speak for yourself alone oo...who will fight when they come? Mind you they won't come with guns they will come with politics and things we won't be able to stand..
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by mankan2k7(m): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2019
Kapilta:
you will give a f**k when they invade your lands and recolonize you again.

They should rather do that as soon as possible. I just tire for bubu
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by maynation(f): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
fairfora:
I hope you'd not partake in the consequences later by the time they placed a heavy sanction on us. Talk is cheap. What is bad in doing the right thing for goodness' sake?

Did I in anyway say I support Buhari and his cohorts' action??
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by Kapilta(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2019
TreasureJunky:
Since we Nigerians, esp the yorubas are not showing concern over Sowore illegal detention, let foreigners help us and come to his rescue.. Yoruba people are the problem of this country
the concern the yoruba media has shown lately is enough and it's what eventually led to all this international concern. A yoruba man is still his lawyer. Focus on the topic and leave blessed omoluabi out.

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by kpo4real: 4:21pm On Dec 13, 2019
olaboy33:
I understand Buhari is constantly abusing Human Rights of which I'm in no support of.

But what baffles me here is if these US senators have Nigeria as part of their jurisprudence or maybe they don't have relevent issues to America to discuss in their congress.

Enough of these playing of big brother when they do even worse and cover it up in the name of America.

Nigeria is no kid for Pete's sake, we can handle our affairs. China and Turkey is there for them to raise concern over.

Is America among the list you posted, abi wetin this one dey talk wey
another buhari zombe spotted.
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by SenecaTheYonger: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
olaboy33:
I understand Buhari is constantly abusing Human Rights of which I'm in no support of.

But what baffles me here is if these US senators have Nigeria as part of their jurisprudence or maybe they don't have relevent issues to America to discuss in their congress.

Enough of these playing of big brother when they do even worse and cover it up in the name of America.

Nigeria is no kid for Pete's sake, we can handle our affairs. China and Turkey is there for them to raise concern over.

You won't understand cause u still a kid
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by ajl: 4:22pm On Dec 13, 2019
Point of correction. Part of the statement ascribed to Chuck Schumer is incorrect.

“I am disheartened by reports that Omoyele Sowore—activist, journalist, American citizen—was re-arrested by Nigeria’s government."

Sowore, until the last election and I believe until now is only a US Green Card holder. I heard him on a online program before the election confirm this. We all tend to assume all Nigerians outside Nigeria have no pride in their nationality, and are quick to adopt another country citizenship. Sure most do this for prideful or job purposes. Very few do so for ease of travel around the world without stress and cost of applying for visa. A very select super-minority group who I believe are very idealist to the core choose never to adopt a foreign passport even though they reside permanently or temporarily there accidentally or by choice. These include folks like Omoyele Sowore (USA), Wole Soyinka (USA), and others alike. Imagine a Wole Soyinka with a US passport. He has been embarrassed so many times at airports around the world with his Nigerian passport but he carry it with pride.

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by Areaboy2(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
jawjaw1:

As long as you keep going to them to beg for aid, beg for support on issues and beg for them to sell weapons to you, they will keep interfering in your domestic issues. The question is can Nigeria stop begging them for anything? You and I know the answer is a capital NO.

So please quit complaining and focus on the issue here, which is the human rights abuse and disobedience to court rulings.

you and i are on the same wavelength. we could actually be friends IRL with a bottle of beer.. shocked
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by YungJo207(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
themonk:

LOL, do you know how much the US gives Nigeria every year?

Don't mind most of this guys typing nonsense here....when they come for our head watch how those so called China and Russia will look away beside they are just doing business with us wetin concern them.
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by sulaak(m): 4:24pm On Dec 13, 2019
olaboy33:

Nigeria cannot handle its affairs, a country with 100 million people living in extreme poverty, that depends on debt to balance it's books and spends 70% of its budget servicing debt cannot handle it's affairs and needs to learn and listen.
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by xtivin2: 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2019
olaboy33:

Please read very well learned colleague. Sowore is an American Citizen too
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2019
maynation:

Did I in anyway say I support Buhari and his cohorts' action??
Ema binu ma
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by CaptainMeks: 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
harmbhrosz:
but you quoted me first, and this is probably my first post in politics in the past 7days. While you've posted a freaking 25 post about a single topic in less than 10hrs.

Lol now tell me who is being paid to defend a failure.

Is any reasonable human suppose to be supporting any Nigerian government both past and present?

In order to fill your quota for the day you ended up quoting me, now swerve since objectivity is far from you

Why will it not be your first post after all you just saw your alert as they paid you.

Any reasonable human much unlike you would be wanting the best for his nation and supportive of what is right.

No sovereign nation should intrude in the affairs of another sovereign nation when the laws of that nation have clearly been broken.

Have we called for gun reforms in the USA and placed it as a demand even ad Americans are demanding?

After all all the shootings and killings happening in the USA by people who get firearms easily have also affected Nigerians.

Just 2 days ago mass killings happened again In the USA via same mass shooting yet Nigeria is their problem despite Sowore clearly flouting our laws.

You need to borrow sense since you have none

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by Kapilta(m): 4:26pm On Dec 13, 2019
anonymous1759:

You're the Biggest fool alive. America should try to curtail their use of Assault Rifle first before interfering in Nigeria's issues.
The maltreatment of African Americans and Hispanics are there for them to take care of. Nonsense element Asslicker.
despite all the maltreatment of the AAs, they'd still rather die horribly in same America than to return to their root. What does it tell you? Their homeland is trash and a sh*thole.
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by YungJo207(m): 4:27pm On Dec 13, 2019
CaptainMeks:

So their citizen can come to Nigeria and call for a violent toppling of the government and we should pat him on the back because he holds American citizenship?

Sowore is also a Nigerian so he Is also our responsibility or do you not know Sowore has dual citizenship?

Fvck America

Violent toppling of which government? Are you in the country at all? Did you see the video when he called for the revolution and what he was saying? Go YouTube and come back to blast Buhari government.
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by tonysunkan: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2019
The matter is seriously serious.
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by SaintLucia: 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2019
America should first close the case of Julian Assange and Edward Snowball first so that we can take them serious about human right and freedom of expression.
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by madridsta007(m): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2019
olaboy33:

If you are not in support of Buhari's constant abuse of Human Rights, as you allege, then you will be comfortable with the call to enshrine Human Rights in Nigeria, by anyone. This is basic.

This "anyone" includes the Unites States which Buhari excitedly recieved the US Secretary of State John Kerry before the 2015 election. This "anyone" includes the United States which Buhari excitedly visited on the 21st of July 2015, shortly after the Nigerian elections. You may remember the WhiteHouse visit and the "97%/5%" policy statement.

Again, this is basic, like I am sure you know. It is hypocritical to do or demand otherwise.

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by CaptainMeks: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2019
YungJo207:

Violent toppling of which government? Are you in the country at all? Did you see the video when he called for the revolution and what he was saying? Go YouTube and come back to blast Buhari government.

Since you do not have sense let me give you some for free .

He tagged it RevolutionNow right? Now read below

A Revolution is the forceful OVERTHROW of a government.

Do you think he chose the tag RevolutionNow because he wanted to use it to sell ice cream?

Go and get some sense
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by YungJo207(m): 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
CaptainMeks:

They have absolutely no right to call for the release of any individual who wants to violently topple our government same way we have no right to call for same if it happens in their country even if the person is their citizen or ours.

They should focus on their issues. Nigeria is not their extension to legislate.

Sowore commited an act of treason by plotting a coup via the call for a violent revolution and we have laws that deal with such issues and they are not US laws but those of Nigeria

A coup or a revolution to set the country right? You watch the video at all? All what he was saying was the absolute truth....he was calling for a revolution, a protest, a Match again the government to do what needs to be done for Good sake we have all it takes for 90% of Nigerian to live a better life....but look bad road every where, unfinished projects for years with billions wasted that could change our life.....Sowore was 100% right.

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by akdjr(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
The same US whose Police intimidate blacks like they are not human.
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by CaptainMeks: 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
SaintLucia:
America should first close the case of Julian Assange and Edward Snowball first so that we can take them serious about human right and freedom of expression.

Don't mind them. Assange and snowball have been locked up for much the same thing Sowore did here but Nigeria is their problem

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by YungJo207(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Since you do not have sense let me give you some for free .

He tagged it RevolutionNow right? Now read below

A Revolution is the forceful OVERTHROW of a government.

Do you think he chose the tag RevolutionNow because he wanted to use it to sell ice cream?

Go and get some sense

You the one that should have some sense if you going to type with insult rather than constructive words...he said revolution with an open explanation problems the whole country is facing...so show me where he was bad or lying.

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by Amumaigwe: 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2019
olaboy33:

Yoruba Muslim and their inverted style of reasoning. You denied Sowore when he needed solidarity, you are now criticizing those asking for his release while claiming not to be in support of his oppressors. Mr Tuface I salute thee. The juju man that did this harm to a whole race is legendary.

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by Enemyofpeace: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2019
Finally Buhari don shiiiiiit for body before the whole world. See as flies dey follow am up and down. Mtcheeeeeeew
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by harmbhrosz(m): 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
CaptainMeks:

Why will it not be your first post after all you just saw your alert as they paid you.

Any reasonable human much unlike you would be wanting the best for his nation and supportive of what is right.

No sovereign nation should intrude in the affairs of another sovereign nation when the laws of that nation have clearly been broken.

Have we called for gun reforms in the USA and placed it as a demand even ad Americans are demanding?

After all all the shootings and killings happening in the USA by people who get firearms easily have also affected Nigerians.

Just 2 days ago mass killings happened again In the USA via same mass shooting yet Nigeria is their problem despite Sowore clearly flouting our laws.

You need to borrow sense since you have none
see who has sense, the stupid people you're defending in guise of wanting the best for your country travels out for medical care while you and your parents die miserably because of lack of good basic amenities like health facilities, clean water good roads etc. They send ALL of their children to school there while you face ASUU strike in your substandard schools.

Now ask yourself: those you're defending, are they patriotic and want the best for this country.

Those same old lots make laws that protect them and harm the force to arrest and kill you when you speak up while they leave you at the mercy of dying as the worthless fly you are.

And the US showing concern about their citizen is what you'll rather die for. I know you don't know the worth of being protected by your government since you people are being killed daily without your lord showing any concern.

Lol. Jokes on you all o, keep on suffering and keep on dying like flies

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by CaptainMeks: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2019
YungJo207:

You the one that should have some sense if you going to type with insult rather than constructive words...he said revolution with an open explanation problems the whole country is facing...so show me where he was bad or lying.

You admit he said REVOLUTION right?
.Revolutions deal specifically with the overthrow of a government.

That is what a revolution does just so your brain can grasp this

He called for the overthrow of the government by calling for a revolution

Do you get it now?

If not, check your dictionary
Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by Trapkvng2f(m): 4:38pm On Dec 13, 2019
You’re senseless for saying this. People like you will can never succeed or elevate

olaboy33:

Re: Sowore: Chris Coons, Chuck Schumer, Karen Bass Demand For His Release by CaptainMeks: 4:39pm On Dec 13, 2019
YungJo207:

A coup or a revolution to set the country right? You watch the video at all? All what he was saying was the absolute truth....he was calling for a revolution, a protest, a Match again the government to do what needs to be done for Good sake we have all it takes for 90% of Nigerian to live a better life....but look bad road every where, unfinished projects for years with billions wasted that could change our life.....Sowore was 100% right.

What does a revolution mean and what does it do?

Explain to us laymen since your own revolution comes from your own dictionary and not from the ones we know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Full List Of 20 Commissioner-Nominees by Governor Soludo / Bandits: Soldiers And Vigilante Storm Zamfara Forest (photos, Video) / Who Will Rule Lagos Come May 2007?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64