Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,078 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:44 AM

The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution (7203 Views)

I Foresee A Violent Revolution Happening In Nigeria / I See Violent Revolution In Nigeria / Unbowed And Unbroken: TIB Members Visit Defiant Sowore In DSS Detention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
OfoIgbo:

The courts ordered him released, but Buhari doesn't want him released. That proves what I wrote earlier on that Buhari now owns the Judiciary.

The country is lawless, so there is no point me coming out to test out anything. We are now in a lawless society

An offence that is Treason related is not bailable. The courts showed Judicial rascality by approving bail for him. Our constitution does not recognize that under such conditions. No constitution in any country in the world approves bail for anyone charged for Treason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:00pm On Dec 16, 2019
[s]
duncun:
ColonelEmeka have spent hours defending comments on this thread, But we have not seen this person speaking against injustices,inpunities, nepotism and violation of court orders that favors buhari's perceived enemies.

He is here defending the ppl that sent soldiers to kill unarmed civilians in the East.

A lawyers house with neighboring houses was razed down in Anambra by the NP we didn't see this person writing in colored condemning those atrocities.

Igbos are not lazy colonel may we know your job pls?

[/s]

May i know your job?

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by duncun: 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2019
duncun:
COLONELEMEKA indeed grin grin

Major General Buhari indeed as well

3 Likes

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:15pm On Dec 16, 2019
Go and sit down jor, tell your bosses to obey the law simple.

wirinet:

Is this the best you can come up with? Where did Buhari say he is planing a violent change of government? He was talking about the up coming elections. He was reiterating his willingness to participate in the elections and saying he and his supporters will not accept the outcome of a rigged election. If he lost the elections and then called out his supporters to violence, then you will have a point.
You know the fanatical north is violent prone. Buhari just rejecting the results of the elections is enough to spur them to violence as witnessed in the 2011 elections. He doesn't even have to specifically call them to violence.

Now contrast that to sowore who called for a violent change of government and was actually going around organising the change after loosing the elections.

Below is Buhari's statement
Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:17pm On Dec 16, 2019
Bunch of lawless people justifying insanity.

I see that DSS is also unleashing men with laptop everywhere, we know and have seen your actions on Twitter, Youtube and other social media.

DSS and Presidency or whatever don't own us, we own the state.

"Those who make peace revolution impossible, make violent inevitable inevitable."

2 Likes

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:20pm On Dec 16, 2019
Yeye dey smell, where were you when the same law granted bail to several people who were charged for treason - even under a military government.

We have plenty of them: Fem Falana, Gani Fewehinmi, and a host.

Sit down there and be manufacturing your own law as you want.

Just tell your bosses to obey the law, simple!

ColonelEmeka:

An offence that is Treason related is not bailable. The courts showed Judicial rascality by approving bail for him. Our constitution does not recognize that under such conditions. No constitution in any country in the world approves bail for anyone charged for Treason.

2 Likes

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:21pm On Dec 16, 2019
He is a paid DSS agent, don't mind him.

duncun:
ColonelEmeka have spent hours defending comments on this thread, But we have not seen this person speaking against injustices,inpunities, nepotism and violation of court orders that favors buhari's perceived enemies.

He is here defending the ppl that sent soldiers to kill unarmed civilians in the East.

A lawyers house with neighboring houses was razed down in Anambra by the NP we didn't see this person writing in colored condemning those atrocities.

Igbos are not lazy colonel may we know your job pls?

2 Likes

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by gidgiddy: 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Let us carry out an experiment shall we?

Walk to the front of a police station anywhere in the world and say "I want to rape someone) or "I am looking for somebody to rape" and see what happens.

You can make such a statement in secret or before people who do not care but when in the face of the law and you make such statements you will immediately be arrested.

Another example, go on social media e.g twitter and post "I am looking for a woman to rape" and see how quickly Twitter would lock your account and you know why? It is because it is against the law.

Sowore does not require action or arms in order to be found guilty. Same way a COUP PLOTTER is guilty of simply Plotting a coup even when he or she does not actually carry it out.

How do you think COUP PLOTTER as a word came about? It is someone who plans but does not necessarily carry out the action of a coup.

You need a crash course on law.

If I go in front of a Police station and say I want to rape someone, I may be arrested, but I cant be charged to court, there is no crime anywhere in the world called "talking about raping someone"

When a person is plotting a coup, there must be plan on the ground, arms must be involved, movement of troops. It is not possible to plotting a coup without access to arms and troops. So if a person is caught doing that, he is in for it because arms and troops are involved as well as plan

In the case of Sowore, the judge is going to want to know how Sowore intended to topple government, what were his plans and how Sowore intended to take down a government that has hundreds of thousands of Armed personnel such as Army, Police and Navy

If the government then says that all it has are things said on video, the case will be thrown out of court as lacking in merit and baseless

2 Likes

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by DMerciful(m): 6:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
So if it can be proved, why is the SSS and presidency jittery? Why not allow the court do its work?
ColonelEmeka:

You really know nothing about the law.

Sowore had already printed outfits and hats with the revolutionNow logo on it and he himself admitted he already had 20 reps in 20 states and they all were ready to commence the shutting down of Nigeria.

Plus he had already started holding open rallies sensitizing people about the revolution. He did this openly and via media.

You see in Law, there is provision for the expression of INTENT in the commission of a crime.

Just like actual murder carries a heavier penalty than intent to commit murder.

This is why the punishments for treason for both action and intent are captured in our constitution.

Read

Punishment for treason

Whoever commits treason shall be punished with death, and whoever attempts or abets treason shall be punished with imprisonment for life or for any less term or with fine or with both.

Treasonable crimes
(1) Whoever intends-

(a) To remove otherwise than by constitutional means during his term or office-

(i) The President of the Federal Republic; or

(ii) The Governor of any State of the Federal Republic;

As you can see, an intention is not an action but it still has a penalty. Plus a revolution does not need to be armed. Our constitution did not specify on arms but on treason in general. So you need to disabuse your mind from thinking this is about arms.

If you think it is impossible to overthrow a government without arms go and ask Sudan. The same Sudan whose example Sowore was following and wanted to implement in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:38pm On Dec 16, 2019
Don't mind the bunch of law breakers.

If you go in front of a police station and say that you want to rape someone, even if you have all the tools of rape, no one can charge of of rape because you are yet to commit the rape.

But even if you commit rape, it is not the police that determines or send you to jail, that is why there is a court of law.

Any police that takes the law into his hands go to jail.

gidgiddy:

If I go in front of a Police station and say I want to rape someone, I may be arrested, but I cant be charged to court, there is no crime anywhere in the world called "talking about raping someone"

When a person is plotting a coup, there must be plan on the ground, arms must be involved, movement of troops. It is not possible to plotting a coup without access to arms and troops. So if a person is caught doing that, he is in for it because arms and troops are involved as well as plan

In the case of Sowore, the judge is going to want to know how Sowore intended to topple government, what were his plans and how Sowore intended to take down a government that has hundreds of thousands of Armed personnel such as Army, Police and Navy

If the government then says that all it has are things said on video, the case will be thrown out of court as lacking in merit and baseless

2 Likes

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2019
DMerciful:
So if it can be proved, why is the SSS and presidency jittery? Why not allow the court do its work?

Do you even know the meaning of the word "Jittery"?

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2019
idid:
Yeye dey smell, where were you when the same law granted bail to several people who were charged for treason - even under a military government.

Tell my bosses? grin

Such comedians
Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:43pm On Dec 16, 2019
idid:
He is a paid DSS agent, don't mind him.

But you have been minding me since. How come?
Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by Johans1991: 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

There is one thing that is fundamentally wrong in all you have said including the videos. It's one thing to parade videos that intends to show that Sowore wanted to institute a bloody revolution or unlawful change of government, it's another thing to prove it.

In the eyes of the law, guilty mind is not the same as guilty act. It doesnt matter how many videos anyone shows where Sowore wants revolution, you have to show he meant to carry out a revolution by his acts, not by his mere words alone. Breach of the law must be an act, it cant be mere words alone. It is impossible to overthrow government with mere words, you must be armed.

I remember some years ago that the Government classified IPOB as a terrorist group. The international community refused to accept that classification because IPOB is unarmed and there is no such thing as an "unarmed terrorist group"

So unless the government can show that Sowore and his "Revolution Now" group were armed, all this talk about treason and revolution are all a waste of time because it is impossible to overthrow a government without being armed

so we would have waited until sowore started killing people abi? Do you know what is proactive?
Somalia destruction started by messages from a radio station. Mr man, WORDS are not "
mere" words are weapons that can destroy the whole world if not properly handle.
Even the bible says our tongue (words) are powerful weapons.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2019
Because I know that you are an impostor

You are not a voice of reason at all and we cannot sit by and watch evil triumph.

ColonelEmeka:

But you have been minding me since. How come?

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:48pm On Dec 16, 2019
gidgiddy:

You are so missing the point of this case.

The procedure is they would get you arrested and then investigate you and if found that you have done such before or you truly had the intent you would be charged to court with that evidence and if found guilty you would be penalized.

However in Sowores case he provided the evidence all by himself through the interviews he granted of which i have posted 3 videos in the OP thus far.

All the evidence required to present him before the courts were easily made available so in this case he not only gets arrested but charged to court as well.

Do you even know what plotting a coup is? You do not need arms or troops before you can plot a coup.

A PLOT is simply a plan made in secret by a group of people to do something illegal or harmful.

You plot a coup FIRST before you carry it out so in law it is classified under INTENT and not an ACT.

Sowore plotted with INTENT. Understood now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2019
So who will determine that what he has done is wrong?

You or the court?

I hope your argument is not that the DSS or Presidency should dictate what the law is.

Is there something you don't understand?

Rule of law should be followed.

Simple

Johans1991:
so we would have waited until sowore started killing people abi? Do you know what is proactive?
Somalia destruction started by messages from a radio station. Mr man, WORDS are not "
mere" words are weapons that can destroy the whole world if not properly handle.
Even the bible says our tongue (words) are powerful weapons.

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2019
idid:
Because I know that you are an impostor

You are not a voice of reason at all and we cannot sit by and watch evil triumph.

Then like Sowore go and do something about it by plotting your own coup grin

Be like the man whom you revere and come and tell us how the law handles people like you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:50pm On Dec 16, 2019
Stop making irrelevant argument, charge him to court and follow the rule of law.

ColonelEmeka:

You are so missing the point of this case.

The procedure is they would get you arrested and then investigate you and if found that you have done such before or you truly had the intent you would be charged to court with that evidence and if found guilty you would be penalized.

However i Sowores case he provided the evidence all by himself through the interviews he granted of which i have posted 3 videos in the OP thus far.

All the evidence required to present him before the courts were easily made available so in this case he not only gets arrested but charged to court as well.

Do you even know what plotting a coup is? You do not need arms or troops before you can plot a coup.

A PLOT is simply a plan made in secret by a group of people to do something illegal or harmful.

You plot a coup FIRST before you carry it out so in law it is classified under INTENT and not an ACT.

Sowore plotted with INTENT. Understood now?

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
How much did DSS pay you?

You and your ilks obviously have no point.

You all think we are in autocracy. Go and plan your own coup to take us to dictatorship but as long as this is democracy, we won't allow you impostors to take over the civil space

ColonelEmeka:

Then like Sowore go and do something about it by plotting your own coup grin

Be like the man whom you revere and come and tell us how the law handles people like you

2 Likes

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by DMerciful(m): 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2019
What is bad if the military takes over? Did Bubu as a military man not overthrew a democratically elected government?
ColonelEmeka:

I can see you are not a student of History

The Sudanese Revolution was a major shift of political power in Sudan that started with street protests throughout Sudan on 19 December 2018[25][26] and continued with sustained civil disobedience for about eight months, during which the 11 April 2019 Sudanese coup d'état deposed President Omar al-Bashir after thirty years in power, the 3 June Khartoum massacre took place under the leadership of the Transitional Military Council (TMC) that replaced al-Bashir, and in July and August 2019 the TMC and the Forces of Freedom and Change alliance (FFC) signed a Political Agreement and a Draft Constitutional Declaration legally defining a planned 39-month phase of transitional state institutions and procedures to return Sudan to a civilian democracy

Was it civilians who took over during the Sudanese revolution or the Military?

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2019
idid:
Stop making irrelevant argument, charge him to court and follow the rule of law.

You are the one making irrelevant arguments all this while from a place of emotions and not from a place of the law.

The OP shows videos and his comments are clearly heard in the videos. I placed these comments side by side with what our constitution says about Treason and it is clear Sowore is not on the side of the law.

In cases of Treason our law makes absolutely no provision for bail. So charging him to court and getting bail for him initially was judicial rascality.

Now the AGF has taken over the case right? Why has he not released Sowore according to the bail terms of the courts? It is because even he knows the courts cannot grant bail for a crime like Treasonable felony. QED

Right now that the AGF has taken over this is when you will see the full recourse to the law being applied and not what you saw under the DSS.

In a nutshell what i just said is that Sowores case just got worse under the AGF and not better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2019
DMerciful:
What is bad if the military takes over? Did Bubu as a military man not overthrew a democratically elected government?

I see you desire anarchy from treason. Well good enough for most of us, our laws do not take kindly to acts of treason with INTENT to overthrow a democratically elected government. Your emotions cannot change this so cry from now till 200 years, the outcome remains the same

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by wirinet(m): 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2019
idid:

False.
Femi Falana and Galileo Fawehinmi were never charged for treason. Very few Nigerians have ever been charged with treason. Most of the time IBB locked up many people for years without any charge. In fact in the history of Nigeria, only 6 people had ever been charged with treason - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:People_convicted_of_treason_against_Nigeria

Gani fawehinmi was locked up in maiduguri under very harsh weather conditions which led to health complications that eventually killed him.

You people argue anyhow with conjectures and assumptions with no facts whatsoever.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 6:58pm On Dec 16, 2019
idid:
How much did DSS pay you?

You and your ilks obviously have no point.

You all think we are in autocracy. Go and plan your own coup to take us to dictatorship but as long as this is democracy, we won't allow you impostors to take over the civil space

Tears or your emotions cannot dent the laws that govern us.

Punishment for treason

Whoever commits treason shall be punished with death, and whoever attempts or abets treason shall be punished with imprisonment for life or for any less term or with fine or with both.

The part in red is where Sowores fate rests.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by duncun: 7:00pm On Dec 16, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by idid: 7:01pm On Dec 16, 2019
Okay it's false

But can I ask you why Buhari is behaving like a dictator?

Do you know that rule of law is the hallmark of democracy?

Assuming Sowore is guilty as charged, it is you or DSS who determines or the court?

You people are callously defending impunity

Truth will always triumph

wirinet:

False.
Femi Falana and Galileo Fawehinmi were never charged for treason. Very few Nigerians have ever been charged with treason. Most of the time IBB locked up many people for years without any charge. In fact in the history of Nigeria, only 6 people had ever been charged with treason - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:People_convicted_of_treason_against_Nigeria

Gani fawehinmi was locked up in very harsh conditions maiduguri under very harsh weather conditions which led to health complications that eventually killed him.

You people argue anyhow with conjectures and assumptions with no facts whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2019
wirinet:

False.

Gani fawehinmi was locked up in very harsh conditions maiduguri under very harsh weather conditions which led to health complications that eventually killed him.

I try not to mind them when they start getting all emotional and releasing false data.

The entire persons who have ever been charged for Treason in Nigeria from Awolowo to Jakande never enjoyed bail from any court. Some were executed while others got jailed and later pardoned but the fact remains they never got bail and got convicted while in detention.
Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by DMerciful(m): 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2019
Sowore said yes not in the context of affirmation but that he is understanding Reuben,
for him to continue. He said a lot of yes even when there was no question, just edging Reuben on. Watch your video very well
ColonelEmeka:

I don't even know where to begin with this ignorance overload you posted.

If you go around saying you are looking for a woman to rape, you will be arrested same way you would be arrested when you say you are looking for a woman to murder. They will first arrest you before they investigate you if you have ever raped anyone before and if found that you have then you face the full wrath of the law. INTENT has landed you in trouble and not action.

In Sowores case, he provided video evidence by himself as posted in the OP and like i said, INTENT has also landed him in trouble.

In the case of sudan the military carried out a coup which was due to the break down of law and order which lasted 8 months non stop and this was the same modus operandi Sowore wanted to apply in Nigeria as suggested by reuben Abati in the first video to which Sowore answered YES.
Re: The Videos That Got Sowore In Trouble. He Calls For Violent Revolution by ColonelEmeka: 7:03pm On Dec 16, 2019
duncun:

You're too easy to spot.
Next time try using ColonelSadiq.

Eziokwu i know i am easy to spot. i was not trying to hide cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Breaking: The CEO Orange Drugs Chief Tony Ezenna Is Dead / Judicial Panel Sit Over The Case Of Boy Chased To Death In Osun State / President Buhari To Attend Expo 2020 Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.