Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,342 members, 7,954,397 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request (31106 Views)

Senate Will Approve Presidential Jet If Tinubu Makes Request – Akpabio / Abdulkarim Lawan: Why State Assemblies Don’t Override Governors’ Vetoes On Bills / Lawan: Senate Will Act Expeditiously On Presidential Requests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Nobody: 6:14am On Dec 17, 2019
I pray they sell this country to South Korea or Japan.. cus that's where we're heading to,from all this loans and stuff.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Omangs74: 6:28am On Dec 17, 2019
Rubber stamp senate president when you dont have direction you will always pass anything that comes your way now. Carry on God is watching. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by g4gerald: 6:38am On Dec 17, 2019
Aufbauh:

Sorry, you sound very aggrieved to reason critically. With this anger and bitterness in between the lines of your statement it will be extremely difficult to see any good thing in this government.

Unfortunately i can't help your situation either.
Oga u obviously have nothing to say. The person ur quoting just asked a vital question which u can't ansa.
The ones they borrowed in the past (both by prev. govt), the loot they claimed to recover, they increase in VAT nd petrol etc, wat tangible thing do they have to show for it?
Before u start insinuating bitterness, try and answer the question first, and if u don't have the answer, I suggest u keep mute.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Bizibi(m): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2019
Aufbauh:
Honestly i don't know how some people reason.
Same people that will criticize the government about poor infrastructures and lack of opportunities are same people oppose to Govt borrowing to solve same problem.

I've look critically into this and discover that most of those critics are just being mischievous and angry that they're not the one in power to spend the money.

Meanwhile Saraki should be kicking in his oblivion for being upturned in all directions. cheesy
ehen!!!! The funds they borrowed before what did they use it for iooooo......una nor dey use una head at all.haba!!! Even if you are in apc if you see what is not going right, please keep quiet and Don't asslick as a sycophant,you forgot when they were telling us the billions they keep raking every year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Afamed: 7:12am On Dec 17, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Shut up there Buhari in 5 years has borrowed more than all what past govts borrowed in the past 30 years combined , please show us one capital infrastructure he has created with his loans other than it being looted ..the same man that hurriedly forced the Senate to approve 1 billion dollars for the military that has since gone into voice mail as the military claims not to still have received the funds two years later .. Buhari remains Nigerias worst leader so much after a whooping 5 years he and his followers can not point to just a single thing he has achieved not one
Despite the information giving out by debt management , you still prefer to be silly
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:28am On Dec 17, 2019
m140:

Bros go contest and stop complaining
As if people like you will vote him undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2019
References:
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has revealed that the 9th Senate will approve President Muhammadu Buhari’s $29.9 billion loan request.

This is despite Lawan’s earlier caution to the Executive to minimise its planned borrowing.

The Senate President stated this in Abuja during a media parley.

He, however, pointed out that the various standing committees will carry out serious oversight functions and ensure that the money is not misappropriated by the various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).

Recall that in November 2016, then Senate President, Bukola Saraki turned down the same loan request from President Buhari.

According to Lawan, “The question of whether we will pass the loan request of the Executive arm of Government, yes, we will pass it.

“If we don’t have money and you have projects to build them, how will you provide infrastructure that you need?

“But one thing is that, we are going to be critical that every cent that is borrowed is tied to a project.

“These are projects that will have spillover effects on the economy and we will undertake our oversight so well to ensure that such funds are properly, prudently, economically and transparently are applied on those projects.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/16/nass-why-well-pass-buharis-29-9-billion-loan-request/
lol
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by m140(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
As if people like you will vote him undecided
Your own vote should be enough na
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:48am On Dec 17, 2019
m140:

Your own vote should be enough na
You asked him to contest, not me
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by m140(m): 7:52am On Dec 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
You asked him to contest, not me
How did you know I wont vote him. You people ehn, nawa ooo. You just judge people where you yourself dont have a solution to a particular problem, but you will point hands
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Monday60655(m): 7:55am On Dec 17, 2019
What do you expect when a master ask anything from his servant.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by jeynike: 8:06am On Dec 17, 2019
Aufbauh:

Sorry, you sound very aggrieved to reason critically. With this anger and bitterness in between the lines of your statement it will be extremely difficult to see any good thing in this government.

short up, he said the truth. Question for u, did he have a valid point from all he stated? He said nothing but the who truth. Zombies like u will never see reasons from his point.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by jeynike: 8:11am On Dec 17, 2019
clarocuzioo:

I was expecting you to counter my motion with facts and figures, but just like your dullard who is the president, you don't understand facts and figures, rather you resort to calling names, telling me am aggressive.

I only showed you facts with figures, please counter me with facts and figures and stop showing you are intellectually empty and a zombie.
u suppose knw say major general and his zombies hate fact and figures, so no expect am to reply u with one. They hate truth one reason this regime was built with propaganda
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:17am On Dec 17, 2019
m140:

How did you know I wont vote him. You people ehn, nawa ooo. You just judge people where you yourself dont have a solution to a particular problem, but you will point hands
which one be "you people ehn".....The guy you quoted was trying to hold the government accountable (is that akin to complaining), since they're supposed to be problem solvers.

You and I know 'We won't / don't vote intellectual leaders'
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by m140(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
which one be "you people ehn".....The guy you quoted was trying to hold the government accountable (is that akin to complaining), since they're supposed to be problem solvers.

You and I know 'We won't / don't vote intellectual leaders'
So why complain when you know Nigerians dont vote credible candidates, we all know the past and present didn't do well, but most people keep taking side. And the side people take on is not credible only based on ethnicity
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2019
m140:

So why complain when you know Nigerians dont vote credible candidates, we all know the past and present didn't do well, but most people keep taking side. And the side people take on is not credible only based on ethnicity
I understand your submission.... smileysmiley
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by m140(m): 8:36am On Dec 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
I understand your submission.... smileysmiley
On what?
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:39am On Dec 17, 2019
m140:
On what?
You typed truthfully
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by themanderon: 8:50am On Dec 17, 2019
Mindless borrowing plunging the future into debt they may not be able to pay yet the crooks have vehemently resisted all pleas to reduce the jumbo salaries they collect for doing absolutely nothing.
Soon they will come up with all sorts of taxes and charges stealing from the people to pay bag loans they have looted.
Nigeria has got the most wicked set of straight "out of hell" rulers.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by m140(m): 8:55am On Dec 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
You typed truthfully
Lolzzzz
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by SmithN: 8:56am On Dec 17, 2019
Aufbauh:

Boy, go back to what you call facts and figures in your first mention, and you'll realize that there are vague, sterile and disjointed akin to bear-palour analysis you hear from aggrieved fellow in the streets. Such i owe it no rebuttal cus it degrade my mental capacity.
I give up on you when you spelled beer as BEAR. Ma fo las las you go dey alright
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by m140(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
You typed truthfully
Lolzzzz . We youth is the biggest problem to me.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by ibrowisky(m): 9:03am On Dec 17, 2019
Aufbauh:

Who be this guy name Aufbauh.... u re dishing out bullshit aswear and I suspected ur mouth as no filter every word pass through
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by ibrowisky(m): 9:05am On Dec 17, 2019
clarocuzioo:

I was expecting you to counter my motion with facts and figures, but just like your dullard who is the president, you don't understand facts and figures, rather you resort to calling names, telling me am aggressive.

I only showed you facts with figures, please counter me with facts and figures and stop showing you are intellectually empty and a zombie.
Ride on bruh....aufbauh or na wetin he call himself no inherit sense grin grin grin grin
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by ibrowisky(m): 9:10am On Dec 17, 2019
Aufbauh:

Boy, go back to what you call facts and figures in your first mention, and you'll realize that there are vague, sterile and disjointed akin to bear-palour analysis you hear from aggrieved fellow in the streets. Such i owe it no rebuttal cus it degrade my mental capacity.
What is this one saying about mental capacity....with that 0.5kb brain capacity wae u get lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Giftexx: 9:27am On Dec 17, 2019
grin shocked
loswhite:
Go and ask your lecturer that same question.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by eguarojeona: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2019
References:
President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, has revealed that the 9th Senate will approve President Muhammadu Buhari’s $29.9 billion loan request.

This is despite Lawan’s earlier caution to the Executive to minimise its planned borrowing.

The Senate President stated this in Abuja during a media parley.

He, however, pointed out that the various standing committees will carry out serious oversight functions and ensure that the money is not misappropriated by the various Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).

Recall that in November 2016, then Senate President, Bukola Saraki turned down the same loan request from President Buhari.

According to Lawan, “The question of whether we will pass the loan request of the Executive arm of Government, yes, we will pass it.

“If we don’t have money and you have projects to build them, how will you provide infrastructure that you need?

“But one thing is that, we are going to be critical that every cent that is borrowed is tied to a project.

“These are projects that will have spillover effects on the economy and we will undertake our oversight so well to ensure that such funds are properly, prudently, economically and transparently are applied on those projects.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/12/16/nass-why-well-pass-buharis-29-9-billion-loan-request/
You want to pass it coz you earmarked more than 30billion naira for your renovation.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by mrskillz: 10:26am On Dec 17, 2019
Aufbauh
Aufbauh
Aufbauh

Aufbauh
. that name has been bastardized, by the owner himself
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Edge1(m): 10:39am On Dec 17, 2019
Aufbauh:

Unfortunately I'm not an internet troll.
Believe what you want to believe and console yourself with any facts and figures.
I'm not interested or owe you rebuttal as I've already know the background you're coming from.

Live happily and be happy with yourself for 2023 is close.

Las Las, you've been confirmed an empty, dead brain zombie.
Congratulations brother, your award is below.

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by Basher8583: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2019
BAAKUS1447:
I'm not against govt borrowing solely for infrastructural development but the management of such funds.

Behind this development are those who are already salivating for percentage cut and dubious deals.

I DON'T TRUST THIS GOVERNMENT.

But uou you trust PDP and Atiku
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Why The Senate Will Pass Buhari’s $29.9 Billion Loan Request by omobaba1759: 11:58am On Dec 17, 2019
AM NOT SURPRISED AT ALL, YOU GO AGAINST THE PRESIDENT WISH AND YOU'LL BE THROWN OUT

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is That Story You Heard That Confirmed How Bad Nigeria Has Become? / Prepare Your Mind, You’re Going To Face Boko Haram – Buratai Tells NDA Graduates / Pictures From Funeral Prayers For Abike Dabiri-Erewa's Mother, Sadiat Abeke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.