Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This (87417 Views)

Who Is Delaying The Match Like This ? (photo) / If You Are Planning To Get Married, Read This... / 10 Great Signs To Identify A Cheating Husband - Married Read This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by greggng: 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
At 20 she is very young for marriage...you don't want her to finish her education?
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by IneedOT: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2019
grin
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by kindestman(m): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
ikechukwu21:
Wow! May God bless your Union. Amen
angry grin sad
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Slynation(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
BabaIbo:

Are you OK?

Say what you know please...
It's no biggie... You can do your research
Few popular examples are spelling of Awka(Oka), Owerri (Oweri), Onitsha(Onicha) note 'CH' is a vowel sound in Ibo alphabets....
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Munzy14(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godislove1234:

Better for me to marry evening newspapers and have peace of mind than marry morning newspaper that will send me to my early grave. Any other question?
lol, Story story....

Have peace of mind with evening news paper?... cheesy It seems u just entered from Jupiter... Relax, u will get to feel the heat.

2 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by joyandfaith: 11:06pm On Dec 17, 2019
Most people are foolish when it comes to marriage and tradition. you do not even need parental approval for marriage if you are of legal age. you do not need up to #100k for registry. Only requirement for marriage is ability of man and woman to take care of themselves financially, emotionally,and spiritually.
when I see how poor people are wasting money on social events I conclude our sufferings never enough. just as furnace can be used to refine impure metals, we need more sufferings as a nation or people to do away with culture of economic wastage.

9 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by richmanrichard: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
My brother its too early to rejoice. U na jjc. This one na jst 1st missionary journey

2 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by meetmeonline: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godsonjolly:
God bless your union. But why will I pay 500k for marital rites? Even my sis own was not up to 100k. The bride price no reach 20k talk more of 50k. My dad was so lenient with everything. The fact is even if it's 1m for the bride price, the money will surely finish. So my making things difficult for people when u can make it easy.

grin

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by FlyingTOMATOE: 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godislove1234:

Better for me to marry evening newspaper and have peace of mind than marry morning newspaper that will send me to my early grave. Any other question?
Hello bro... You made my heart soft. But a part I really don't want to miss out is, "as a young man who really is desperate to marry his lover, what do I do for a living"? I didn't want to use 'you' in the quote that's why I made use of 'i'.
I am currently 28 but bothered about loneliness
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by nonut: 11:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godislove1234:

If you're scared of succeeding I'm not. Thank you
It has nothing to do with succeeding.
Getting married without enough funds is a pathway to marital problems.
Get your finances right before getting married.

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Donbabaj: 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
vickydankal:
Mmmm that's good news for you, but someone will ask what happens after the wedding?

The upkeep, pregnancy and children school fees

My thoughts!
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by extant4God(m): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
Interesting
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Thunderblasts(m): 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
My brother before marriage, keep cool 2 million naira for after marriage expenses. It's for emergency and other issues.
I don't want to suffer any man's child in the name of love.
No begging for funds too in marriage.
These days without money, how would your kids get the best.
You have to be mobile sef before marriage.
See Hussle ooooo.....
Even if you marry at age 40 and very comfortable, it's better than being in late 20's and married in poverty.
Women never do you anything. Once money no dey, love go just reduce in that marriage.
My prayer is let my wife not contribute a penny in my marriage so that my respect will be unshakable!!!!

12 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godislove1234:

Better for me to marry evening newspaper and have peace of mind than marry morning newspaper that will send me to my early grave. Any other question?
grin grin grin I can't laugh this night abeg.,

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2019
it should be imo state

2 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Kylekent59: 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2019
Slynation:

It's no biggie... You can do your research
Few popular examples are spelling of Awka(Oka), Owerri (Oweri), Onitsha(Onicha) note 'CH' is a vowel sound in Ibo alphabets....

What about "kwere" which means "allow" or "agree"

Anambra, "Akwa"

nonsense

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by YorubaKing: 11:30pm On Dec 17, 2019
Thiwalade:
That's very good! Many times when I think of marrying this my igbo babe(I'm yoruba) I sometimes wonder how much it'll cost me. This lady definitely worth every penny honestly but the way Nigeria is now doesn't give room for too much spending especially for upcoming men.

You wan go marry Okoro babe so? Craze dey worry you, I swear! angry

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by lastempero: 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Carlyboi:
lol @money is his problem well it’s the problem of at least 85% of the worlds population cos we don’t really have it grin cheesy but for real tho make man hustle o make person no turn counsellor untop marriage matter o

U know every every grin
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by YorubaKing: 11:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
Okoro pple are cursed for real! Selling your daughters to the highest bidders! Chai! grin

LZAA

2 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Simbrixton(m): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
Fuckthamods:
I love one girl and i want to marry her but due to lack of money I'm not comfortable making my feelings known to her. Now some rich dude has proposed to her and she has accepted cry

Everyday you people will be insulting igbos but won't leave our women alone angry
we will keep coming for ur women grow up kiddo
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2019
My fiancé’s mother specifically told me
“No lobola”
Meaning no bride price on her daughters cos they’re invaluable to her

My gosh she’s beautiful along with her sisters plus marry for free chai

shocked grin

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Carlyboi(m): 11:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
lastempero:

U know every every grin
abi na Wetin man wan do na
Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by CsRockefeller(m): 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godislove1234:
To all of you shouting money money money... What happens if with one bad financial decision you go totally bankrupt... What will happen to the woman whom you impressed and bought with your money? Hope she will still be with you when nothing dey again? I'm not surprised because most guys on nairaland believe that all women are after money. Please check the Proverbs 31:10 woman. They still exist. And guess what they're not impressed about your money. If you're not valuable they won't even consider you. Please to guys with such mindset grow up! A man who needs only money in order to appeal to a woman is still a child. Real men possess value first and real women recognize value before money. So guys it's not me you're actually mad at. It's yourselves

"For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?"..... Luke 14:28

3 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by lastempero: 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godsonjolly:
God bless your union. But why will I pay 500k for marital rites? Even my sis own was not up to 100k. The bride price no reach 20k talk more of 50k. My dad was so lenient with everything. The fact is even if it's 1m for the bride price, the money will surely finish. So my making things difficult for people when u can make it easy.

20k without drinks and other requirements, u sure say na ur father pikin shocked

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by lastempero: 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
joyandfaith:
Most people are foolish when it comes to marriage and tradition. you do not even need parental approval for marriage if you are of legal age. you do not need up to #100k for registry. Only requirement for marriage is ability of man and woman to take care of themselves financially, emotionally,and spiritually.
when I see how poor people are wasting money on social events I conclude our sufferings never enough. just as furnace can be used to refine impure metals, we need more sufferings as a nation or people to do away with culture of economic wastage.

No try that ur logic for my village,make sure u complete her marriage rite.the gods no go school .

2 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by aadoiza: 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Boringdraw1:
After you marry who go dey settle the bill like pre and post pregnancy bills, baby food, house rent etc.

To give birth in US will cost you $10,000 meaning you have yo think twice before bringing a baby to this world.

Nigeria government needs to introduced this into our health care system, the cost should be made a million naira so as to discouraged overpopulation and encourage family planning.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by lastempero: 11:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
Carlyboi:
abi na Wetin man wan do na

Checkout the OP don turn councillor here already just justify owuite

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
Na only 200k you get and you've used it to marry , how will you then feed your family and pay bills ?

Don't go borrowing to feed your wife o

1 Like

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
Godislove1234:
I am quite a young man in my late 20's. There's this lady whom I love so much. She's from one of these eastern states in Nigeria. She's very beautiful, very godly and still a virgin. We've been together for about two years now but no money for marriage. The reason is because it is quite expensive to get married in their state.

I told her to inquire from her parents how much I may need for the marital rites she called me back and said about 500k (na just to manage be that o). So I said ok. 500k is actually a small amount but when you try to get it and you cannot, then it will suddenly become like 500 million to you. So I started putting in more efforts to raise the money but na lie the money no wan show.

Guess what I did today? I called her up and after talking about other issues I finally told her that I can't keep waiting to raise that amount of money. I have been depressed about it for some time now but I couldn't tell her because I didn't want her to get bothered. So I told her to go tell her parents that what I can raise by God's grace is 200k. If they approve, I'll come but if not make she go look for another man marry. Before now she has been asking me to come with anything I have but I kept saying no and the reason is that you can't just show up at someone's house and tell them that you've come to pick up their daughter with the little amount you have. So guess what? Just like magic they agreed to what I said (even though I wasn't expecting it to go that way). She sent me the text confirming her parent's approval. For me its a big miracle. If I should tell you the state in question you won't believe it.

So here's my advise to you all who want to get married to the love of your life but no money... Make you and the Babe get strong head work together or else her village people go dey delay una marriage because they want something elaborate. It's good to be stubborn I tell people. Both of you should come up with a plan (not to get her pregnant o. I don't support that please). But the plan will be carried out by your woman. She should stubbornly insist incase the parents are the difficult type, that this is the man she wishes to marry and if they don't let her she will remain single for ever (parents especially mothers dey fear that kind talk) if it doesn't work think of something else.

Just keep trying or else two of una go dey there old. But above all please put God first. He can make even the most hardened of men become soft for your sake. He may not send you all the money you need to fulfil what's in the list but He can make her parents accept you the way you are. It is called favour. What you need is the approval and blessings from both parents nothing more.

Forget village people. They too like eating and drinking. Remember that if you spend all the money in your account just to get married you and your wife will starve after the wedding. And to those who are insisting on white wedding please stop being foolish. White wedding is just a mere celebration just to fulfil all righteousness. If you have the money for it, fine. If not, no kill yourself. Don't keep your woman or man waiting.

Take a bold step today and God will meet you guys halfway. But whatever you do PLEASE don't marry a lazy woman. With this is mind, its just a matter of time you guys will succeed. Two good head are better than one. All the best guys. One love.
My observation is
She is igbo and you are not,
Don't be too excited, bride price has no fixed price, its the village elders that will list the things you need to buy , what if the 200k isn't enough to provide all the items the elders listed?

3 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by richmanrichard: 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
that girl must come frm owerri n environs no doubt

2 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by Carlyboi(m): 11:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
lastempero:

Checkout the OP don turn councillor here already just justify owuite
lol sometimes as humans we just have to ginger ourselves hope for the best like a corper bout to POP saying my case would be different na favor market I dey go no be labor market few years on bros and Madam still dey hustle for that Npower slot lol

5 Likes

Re: If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This by LZAA: 11:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
YorubaKing:
Okoro pple are cursed for real! Selling your daughters to the highest bidders! Chai! grin

LZAA
You just want igbo wife

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Main & Side Chics Fight At Lagos Airport As They Welcome Their Man From US / Sex On First Visit. Does It Mean She Is Cheap? / Man Arrested For Sucking Out The Uterus Of A Lady During pre-intimacy In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.