Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,512 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado - NYSC (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (93806 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 18, 2019
Ornament2003:

This has just buttressed my earlier point.
Even the Gidado, as pointed out here, is commoner in Ilorin Yoruba, not core Yoruba. Ilorin kwara, from where Kogi was carved!

Type Peter Omoniyi Gidado on facebook n clear urself.

Also type Gidado on facebook, u will see many yorubas answering the name.

That someone answers the name Gidado doesn't make them non-yoruba, people change their surname wella, some igbos have changed their name to English and a very very large chunk of niger deltans (especially ijaws) have removed their surname and replaced it with English name, it doesn't make dem less ijaw
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2019
Myhusband:

so anambra now want to compete is that why they too possessed and line behind those attributes

your kinsmen littered in Yoruba land can't even fault your propaganda

Cases of skull mining is rare in Anambra and igbo land. But in yoruba land, skull mining is something we hear almost every week.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 18, 2019
OfficialAPCNig:

I owe you nothing. Go back to your ewedu

Awusa-fulani, I am a core igbo man so don't even go there.

U are a bloody northern Muslim bloody liar
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 18, 2019
LabDNA:

Is there any tribe that does yahoo yahoo and ritual more than your tribe? Tell yourself the truth.

I think you read my remark out of context. The Thread is on Anambra State hence the comment. If it were to be on Ogun State, for example; I will reflect same balanced information.

Even Lagos that accommodates basically all tribes and foreigners has it's good, bad and ugly; hence sojourners must be provided with balanced information to avoid something like https://www.nairaland.com/5585381/he-lived-new-york-45
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 11:21am On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.
He could be from Kwara or Kogi.. Gidado is a Hausa name actually. But how do u know every family name across the length and breadth of Yorubaland? Are u for real?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2019
Offpoint:

Like there's no Okpa in Delta State?

I've never been to any state in Nigeria where there's no Okpa.

Actually, Okpa is not common in Southern Delta (the Warri axis). It is more common in Benin and this is surprising.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 11:56am On Dec 18, 2019
Brugo:
cheesy

This guy is using the FFK/Fayose technique on omoyibos.

Massage their egos to get them to act normal.

As evidenced in Nairaland, Igbos are paranoid and are the most tribalistic people in this contraption called Nigeria.

You said they are steeped in culture. Yes, a culture of greed, fraud and sharp practices in general. Before Christmas, yet another ipob will be caught committing crime in Asia. Na normal tin.

No shame. Money is money. No clean money, no dirty money. Money is all that matters regardless of the method they employ. Give them a society that polices the finance of its citizens and you’ll hear them crying about marginalisation. cheesy cheesy

Corper if you know what’s good for you, leave that state. Don’t invest there. Even their brothers run away from home to come to the southwest for business and deveropment.

You are an irredeemable tribalist.
I am not Igbo or even a Southerner but to me all Southerners have almost an equal greed for money and material things except Akwa Ibom-Cross River axis which is comparatively lower.

Otherwise how do you explain the daily ritual killings, skull minnings and human abattoirs all over the Southwest region? Or the Yahoo and Yahoo plus craze among your people which has spread into Edo\Delta axis?

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 12:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
mediaxtra:
Once more i feel proud to be ONYE ANAMBARA.
Tnx for all these. Yes, it might not be bed of roses in the state, but believ me this article is correct n can never b found wanting in all ramifications.
There is one unique thing that can hardly be found in other states. There is no remote village in Anambra. The industrous nature of Anambra ppl has brought massive development even in the villages that one can hardly classify any town as a typical village without the presence of amenities found in the cities.
Amost all the villages in the state have working street light, good roads, big markets, schools etc.
What more can one say.
Long live Anambra

Great urbanization is easier for Anambra people or you Igbos in general because you have a small landmass and a high population (high population density).
This is both an advantage and disadvantage for you guys.

Lagos State is slightly smaller than Anambra and it has merged into one gigantic urban conglomerate. ..... You guys can turn the entire Anambra to a kind of Lagos State by returning to invest home massively and making the state very conducive for settlers. Think about this.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

He could be from Kwara or Kogi.. Gidado is a Hausa name actually. But how do u know every family name across the length and breadth of Yorubaland? Are u for real?

I dont need to know every name across Yorubaland, I just need to know syllable structure in Yoruba lexivon and naming pattern that I can reject misfits.

Gidado is not Hausa name sir. It is Fulani hybrid name. Fulani names typically end in -----DO.

Even crossbreeds between Yoruba and Fulani will not misidentify their roots. Both societies are patrilineal. Our ascendancy-descendancy is via the male seed, and in Yoruba more specifically, every child has a family compound. There will be no Yoruba family compound called Gidado.

3 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/re-top-10-yoruba-names-you-never-guessed-were-arabic-names.html

They were not Arabic names.

Go and study Yoruba oriki for more insight.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Not everyone in nigeria answer their family name, many have displaced their family name with English names or other foreign names

Please stay on topic. Gidado is not English name. It is not Yoruba name either.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 1:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
olasaad:

There is sir

Please tell us which Yoruba family compound and state Gidado comes from.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

I dont need to know every name across Yorubaland, I just need to know syllable structure in Yoruba lexivon and naming pattern that I can reject misfits.

Gidado is not Hausa name sir. It is Fulani hybrid name. Fulani names typically end in -----DO.

It is a fulanized Hausa name. Gida is house in Hausa. Fulanis fulanized many Hausa words to sound like theirs.

These fulanized Hausa and Yorubanized Hausa names are very common among some Yorubas.
Especially those in Kwara, Kogi & Ekiti axis who had a lot of contact with Fulanis, Hausas, Nupes and other neighbouring middle belt tribes like Ebiras, Bassas, Baribas & Kakandas who adopted these names from the core-north.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=Anambralstson post=84986308][/quote]

There are people named Ayokunle Lamido. If you ask about the Lamido they tell you father is Fulani. They never say Yoruba even though Ayo is Yoruba name.

Mohammed Olawale Ardo, Fulani boy and works for Immigration. Always in Yoruba attire when not in official uniform, speaks fluent Yoruba. He will never disclaim his roots.

Do you get me now? Looks like a lot of people are confused in their responses to me. I am not questioning why he has Yoruba name. I am questioning the claim that he is born of a Yorubaman.

I also suspect the blogger sneaked that in there to promote against the negative view we have of Iboland. He probably never asked the guy about his roots.

I would love to hear the guy self-identify and give his family compound in Yorubaland.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
shaw2:
I know one guy Femi, came to my village as a corps member. Got married to our beautiful Igbo daughter. Have kids, landing properties etc. Living large.
Sometimes when I come village and see him I'm always happy for him blc I like hard working and friendly people.
Unlike my experience in Yola I was tagged Yamiri. My HOD who happened to be my project supervisor rejected me blc I'm Igbo.
Some will say I'm lying but what will u assume when u and ur fellow students, who are allocated to the HOD for project supervision asked all of us to introduce ourselves. We were 7 in number, when it reached my turn immediately I mentioned my name this man changed his mode became angry and said he won't supervise me before my fellow students. I was so humiliated, felt rejected, I begged ( for doing nothing )him for minutes all to no avail he asked his secretary to see me off. What pained me the most is that the fact that the said HOD is a Christian just like me.
It was tough experience had a Fulani friend Ali who I see as my brother then and he was too exceptional to me.
Will forever be grateful for all he did for me throughout my my stay in the school.
It's good to be good. No one knows tomorrow. I can't be a fool to see my fellow human as my enemy no matter the tribe, religion and race.

Wow, I am very sorry for your experience in Adamawa, especially for what u experienced in the hands of an HOD who happens to be a Christian for that matter.

I am from Plateau and we northern Christians do not personally hate Igbos, however, some of us have been repeatedly fed by negative stereotypes about Igbos (especially the older and middle-aged generation) who foolishly went about claiming to be Arewa people and one with Hausa fulanis.
That lecturer must have had a bad experience with Igbos or he is one of the older northern Christians heavily brainwashed by anti-Igbo and anti-southerner sentiments. My father is like this surprisingly, but I am vehemently against this stupid mentality as a younger person hence I regularly argue and debate this with my father.

Igbos are the best allies and best friends we northern and middlebelt christians can have in Nigeria.

I hope this experience of yours will never make you judge all northern Christians negatively. Hausa fulanis have every reason to hate Igbos, but not us.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 1:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

It is a fulanized Hausa name. Gida is house in Hausa. Fulanis fulanized many Hausa words to sound like theirs.

These fulanized Hausa and Yorubanized Hausa names are very common among some Yorubas.
Especially those in Kwara, Kogi & Ekiti axis who had a lot of contact with Fulanis, Hausas, Nupes and other neighbouring middle belt tribes like Ebiras, Bassas, Baribas & Kakandas who adopted these names from the core-north.

Do you not know what hybrid means? I already said it is fulani hybrid name.

However, Yorubas continue to identify by father's compound. Gidado is not and will never be a family compound in the Oduduwa race.

A family compound means there is an orisa in the family. Which orisa is Gidado associated with?

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
In Ilorin they have a family that have been Yorubanized. They are called Jawando. If you ask their elders they will tell you their rrots and their ancestors were Fulani. Today you cannot tell they are not Yorubas ....but they still retain their roots as first settler Fulani.

Names ending in DO...typically are fulani.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 1:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Do you not know what hybrid means? I already said it is fulani hybrid name.

However, Yorubas continue to identify by father's compound. Gidado is not and will never be a family compound in the Oduduwa race.

A family compound means there is an orisa in the family. Which orisa is Gidado associated with?

BabaRamota1980:

There are people named Ayokunle Lamido. If you ask about the Lamido they tell you father is Fulani. They never say Yoruba even though Ayo is Yoruba name.

Mohammed Olawale Ardo, Fulani boy and works for Immigration. Always in Yoruba attire when not in official uniform, speaks fluent Yoruba. He will never disclaim his roots.

Do you get me now? Looks like a lot of people are confused in their responses to me. I am not questioning why he has Yoruba name. I am questioning the claim that he is born of a Yorubaman.

I also suspect the blogger sneaked that in there to promote against the negative view we have of Iboland. He probably never asked the guy about his roots.

I would love to hear the guy self-identify and give his family compound in Yorubaland.

You don't know that you are even contradicting yourself.
If the boy in question is even of fulani ancestry, it gives him more reason to hate and resent Igbos compared to the average Yoruba.

Don't sit down in Ogbomosho and judge the entire Yoruba land like it is in your palm. Different tribes borrowed and adopted names from each other in the past.
What about Yorubas who answer BELLO as their surname? Like a former classmate of mine and Funke Akindele's husband and Korede Bello? Is Bello not also a fulanized name? Infact it should be a pure Fulani name if I'm not mistaking. ... How do you explain this?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
Perkins2018:

The guy can never be Yoruba with that surname.

Tell that to all the people answering BELLO in Yoruba land like Korede Bello and Funke Akindele Bello (her husband).

Sebi Bello na Yoruba name ni? Or you don't know it's a fulani name too?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

You don't know that you are even contradicting yourself.
If the boy in question is even of fulani ancestry, it gives him more reason to hate and resent Igbos compared to the average Yoruba.

Don't sit down in Ogbomosho and judge the entire Yoruba land like it is in your palm. Different tribes borrowed and adopted names from each other in the past.
What about Yorubas who answer BELLO as their surname? Like a former classmate of mine and Funke Akindele's husband and Korede Bello? Is Bello not also a fulanized name? Infact it should be a pure Fulani name if I'm not mistaking. ... How do you explain this?

You are digressing.

No one is talking about hate or preempting his behavior.

My response is to Mr Gidado's claim as Yoruba. Something is not coupled right in the story.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
imam07:
mr ogbeni there is.

1. Which family compound is called Gidado in Yorubaland?

2. Every family compound in Yorubaland has an Orisa. Which Orisa is in Gidado ?

There is no dispute that there are people named Gidado and bear a Yoruba name. My contention is that Gidado is Yoruba. No it is not!
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Tell that to all the people answering BELLO in Yoruba land like Korede Bello and Funke Akindele Bello (her husband).

Gidado is to Fulani what Ogunyemi, Ifadare, Odukoya is to Yoruba. It is unique to a single ethnic, no other ethnic shares it.

Bello is not Fulani name. It is common amongst West Africans.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2019
lx3as:

Actually, Ekitis had contact with Fulanis and Muslims from Ilorin before the coming of Christianity into their environ; many of them got converted and bear northern and Muslim names up till this day. There are lots of Sanusi, Sanni, etc. to some extent Gidado and such in Ekiti; although they are mainly christians now.

Thank you very much. Help me tell those Ignorant Stark tribalists like BabaRamota1980 and Perkins2018... I'm very sure the 2 of them must be from Oyo\Osun or Ogun states which are more hinterland compared to peripheral Yoruba areas.

One thing I noticed among majority tribes is that the ones in the hinterland tend to act like the custodians, owners and final decision makers of the culture, ignoring those at the peripheral areas who cannot escape being influenced by their neighbors.
That was the way one Anambra guy went on arguing on nairaland that Igbos do not marry Edos & Urhobos and I asked him what about the Aniomas (Delta Igbos) who intermarry these tribes who are their neighbors like nonsense.

I wonder what you people will say about many people from Ondo who answer Edo surnames, sebi you will also ask what is their Orisa?

Ekiti, Kwara & Kogi Yorubas were heavily influenced by their northern & middlebelt neighbouring tribes, these were part of the reasons why they found themselves in Northern Nigeria.
Many people don't know that there are 2 LGAs in Kwara state who are Ekiti speaking people and are the same with their kit and kin in neighbouring Ekiti state.
Ekiti people as an ethnic group were counted and registered among ethnic groups of Northern Nigeria around 1900s and many of them were under the direct influence and kingship of the Emir of Ilorin whom they payed tax to.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 1:54pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

You have come again with your ignorance. Bello is not a Fulani name. I saw the other nonsense you spewed. I’m from ondo state and nobody in Ekiti ever paid tax to the emir of ilorin. Emir of ilorin was a nobody until the military heads made him popular.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Gidado is to Fulani what Ogunyemi, Ifadare, Odukoya is to Yoruba. It is unique to a single ethnic, no other ethnic shares it.

Bello is not Fulani name. It is common amongst West Africans.

You have a problem, believe me.

So, who do you think answers the BELLO as a name across West Africa? Akan people or Mende peoples?

Or so, you need me to tell you that there are Fulani indigenes all over every country in West Africa in large numbers? They are even very significant in Central Africa like Chad, Cameroon (which fulanis dominated post-independence) and now CAR where they are the Muslim rebels fighting the indigenous christians over the domination of the country.

Fulanis are the majority in Guinea and a major ethnic/significant group in Gambia, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ivory coast, Niger, Guinea Bissau and even Mauritania. It's only Liberalist, Sierra Leone and Ghana that they do not have a stronghold, however they are still there in tens to hundreds of thousands.

Names ending with LLO in West Africa are also mostly fulani, just like JALLO, DIALLO, GALLO

You really need to learn more. You think you know much but you know little.

Cc Perkins2018

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 1:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
lx3as:

Actually, Ekitis had contact with Fulanis and Muslims from Ilorin before the coming of Christianity into their environ; many of them got converted and bear northern and Muslim names up till this day. There are lots of Sanusi, Sanni, etc. to some extent Gidado and such in Ekiti; although they are mainly christians now.

When a name is adopted via religion it is usually a name in Quran or name-chain in a Sufi lineage.

Gidado is neither of these.

What i suspect is people bearing Gidado are pretty much like the Jawando of Ilorin. Descendants of Fulani settlers. In their inter-mix with local stock they have lost the story of ancestry and have accepted the locality as their beginning.

Gidado is not and will never be Yoruba name.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 2:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
Perkins2018:

You have come again with your ignorance. Bello is not a Fulani name. I saw the other nonsense you spewed. I’m from ondo state and nobody in Ekiti ever paid tax to the emir of ilorin. Emir of ilorin was a nobody until the military heads made him popular.

Ooo oo God, I hate people arguing what they don't know with me!

Have you read the colonial official book used in registering Nigerian ethnic groups, Emirates and provinces for Northern Nigeria?

All the ethnic groups in present day Kwara including the Yoruba speaking Igbomimas, Igbolos & Ekitis were paying taxes and fealties to the Emir of Ilorin as was recorded around 1900-1910.

Go and read about Ilorin province as was first recorded by the colonial masters and come back let us talk.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by imam07: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

1. Which family compound is called Gidado in Yorubaland?

2. Every family compound in Yorubaland has an Orisa. Which Orisa is in Gidado ?

There is no dispute that there are people named Gidado and bear a Yoruba name. My contention is that Gidado is Yoruba. No it is not!
nah all yoruba compound u know for yoruba land? Some yoruba people that are bearing Lawal, bello, etc are not yoruba?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 2:05pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Ooo oo God, I hate people arguing what they don't know with me!

Have you read the colonial official book used in registering Nigerian ethnic groups, Emirates and provinces for Northern Nigeria?

All the ethnic groups in present day Kwara including the Yoruba speaking Igbomimas, Igbolos & Ekitis were paying taxes and fealties to the Emir of Ilorin as was recorded around 1900-1910.

Go and read about Ilorin province as was first recorded by the colonial masters and come back let us talk.

I don’t need your nonsense history. You already showed your ignorance.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by WORLDPEACE(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
Myhusband:
I served in the same anambra and all these your acknowledgement is quite funny

modified

way of life

Anambra Nnewi people are exposed due to their people being the most travelled in East but their love for money is second to none. when it comes to money, human live had zero value to them

Anambra people believe in make it young and die Rich. their interest for money made them to involve in series of ritualism to look for money, if I'm lying non Igbo that served there can burst my lies, you can hardly see obituaries of old people in Anambra, Nnewi most esp (obituaries aged from 40 below) and when you listen to what causes these death you just shake your head

do I need to talk about N20 poison that can seized your legs, I got a job at Nnewi after service but I've to pick race when a man that was working in bank leg was poison with this stuff

their ladies

they're so pretty but you would never want to invite them at home, the fear of HIV and a Lady that might have been killed alive (a story of a corper that invited one and she died on spot the guy couldn't complete his service and was compel to be jail for offence he's innocent of)

just tell their ladies you're in abroad or you've container on the sea, na yakata dem go fall for you, some might even dash you money ignorantly

Philanthropic life

corpers that served there can testify projects carried out there always meet a serious setback because the rich men they always seek assistance from do turned them down

what surprise me more is their rich men, I mean those with big and exotic cars who bring kegs to fetch to buy water outside

only Igbo like them understand that you must not envy big houses at that end because the source my scare you. I met a Yoruba who called himself herbalist there, I stylishly asked him what brought him to Nnewi and he said don't you know Igbo like ritual a lot, that was prompt is relocation

Enmity

many of their kinsmen can't even go/visit village because of their pull them down syndrome that had become their habit at that end. I have a corper friend who always change to mufti whenever she's travelling from CDs just because of this wickedness of this people. the only Igbo that might relate well with you are those that have stepped out of their village and east to west, south or north, you see those that live in the village don't mess with them or else you're a goner, person wey dey used their own for suya, how much less non relative ?

marital life

if you want to marry Anambra lady, don't make a mistake to settle with the one in the village, you will regret your life. you can choose from those that live all their life out of east even among themselves in that Anambra there is always discrimination when it comes to marriage

I'm sure this is not news that some Igbo who aren't from IMO always runaway from mbaise girls, why this happened till date elude my common sense because their reason is not enough to justify such dumb rejection

I am sure the OP observed some negative things there but he chose to highlight the positives.

The things we choose to dwell on says a lot about the kind of persons we are.

May God continue to increase the wisdom of those who search for it.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
greggng:

I respect any Nigerian that could live his or her comfort zone to learn more about a people...it is the best education one can receive. Do you know that when I was in the east , I was told that the black Amala is same as fieces ....or shit in our local palace...but to my greatest surprise it came from yam floor. Another thing I was told is that ijebu people are very wicked and fetish ...one man use to intimidate me so much when I was younger....each time I wanna confront him ...someone will remind me that he has been to ijebu ....such people can kill me with juju....I have seen some ijebu people here in Lagos but they are good Christians ...only thing I notice is that they love money like igbos....only that they are stingy. When I was serving in ogbomoso , I met a Yoruba man that actually made me believe that good people are found in everywhere. The clo who happen to be a Yoruba was very unfriendly to strangers...but I confronted him and he threaten to eject me from the corners lodge since my school was yet to provide me with accommodation. Towards evening the good Yoruba man called him and warned him seriously never to issue such words to strangers. That nysc is suppose to integrate people not disintegrate...he threaten to report the matter to nysc so that the Yoruba guy will be reposted to igbo land...he was not happy that his fellow Yoruba was serving in Yoruba land....His action brought peace....if everyone is serving in his state or region ,then the aim of the program is defeated.

Thank you very much. Good and bad people are actually in every tribe and we Nigerians do not really have problems or hate each other on personal levels based on tribe!

The kindest person I ever met in my life was a Yoruba Muslim woman from Oyo state. That woman literally saved my life back then in Benin grin

Cc Legendhero

Likewise my own family took in an Igbo man from Ebonyi who only a church member into our house and he lived with us for almost a decade, being fed, sheltered and taken care of free of charge....... He even followed us to our village in Plateau and knows my grandparents and all my extended family.
My mother sponsored his wedding and that was how we bade him farewell to his new matrimonial home. We still keep in touch and some years ago when we were all travelling away, we left our entire house, belongings and my youngest sibling who couldn't go with us under him and his wife who came in our house to stay for weeks till we came back... He was like a foster son to my family.

Cc shaw2

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Perkins2018:

grin grin

Emir of Ilorin would by now be histpry if not the Sarakis that came and continued where military left off.

Last election Emir was jittery that O to Ge movement was an instigation to de-turban and de-robe him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) / Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.