Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,784 members, 7,813,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado - NYSC (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (93561 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Purpletee(f): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Nne which part of Enugwu Ukwu are you from?
urunebo
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Purpletee(f): 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
ALPHABASE:
OH WOW cool IM FROM ORJI
dunno that place o
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

They are also very jealous of IGBOs in some parts of Asia because of their success.
you are so hilariousgringrin
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Gigado does not need to be a yoruba name before yoruba people start answering it
yeah
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 8:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

grin
Is he against fulani/igbo marriage, or what?
no.. he was arguing with igbos about their (igbo) historygringrin
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Lies Sir
i have been to anambra and enugu
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
udeanaruaguagu:
So all the good things the Uzubi community..Eziowelle Idemili North LGA did for you and your batch, this is how ypu come to social media to pay them back with lies from the pit of hell? All the visits to HRH Igwe MUN Okonkwo-Etusi Owelle Eziowell palace for free food, the sumptous farewell party, the cares, the trips to Arinzes, Mmagbulego's, PG's residence, and so many other trips and events just to make you guys feel at home and happy. People can be wicked and heartless.......what can we say than, may God be gracious and merciful to you in your lies. I know you very well......dont tell more lies here please.
Mandeyy:
You're just a liar! Most people that die in Anambra are old people. Besides, HIV isn't rampant in our ladies. Even the get-rich-quick syndrome isn't true. Simply, they work hard for their money; they create wealth. Besides, occultism is practised in every tribe; for people who like it, it's their way of life. Besides, Anambra rich men are very philanthropic. You didn't serve in Anambra. In every tribe, there's animosity and enemies within abound. It's not peculiar to Igbos. Igbos even help their brothers more.

Why are you guys saying he is lying??

Somebody shared his experience in Osun state, and said Yorubas were hostile and harsh towards Igbo corpers, and your fellow Igbo people on this same platform, supported him saying it was true.

Now, another person has shared his own sad experience in Eziowelle and you are saying that he is lying. Why?

So your Igbo brother who shared his own bad experience in Osun was not lying, and you believe him.

But the guy who shared his negative observations from his stay in Anambra, is a liar. Such double standards do not speak well of you....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
i have been to anambra and enugu

Blatant lies.

99% of Afonjas both old and young do not step out of SW for their entire lives.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
CeterisXVII:

All Yoruba names have a meaning.....

Ehee, So?

What does that have to do with anything?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Blatant lies.

99% of Afonjas both old and young do not step out of SW for their entire lives.
bloody osu flat-head..
I don't live in the SW you bloody swine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 8:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:
Ehee, So?

What does that have to do with anything?
What is the meaning of Gidado in Yoruba language??
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
CeterisXVII:

What is the meaning of Gidado in Yoruba language??

Very STUPID n irrelevant question, completely unconnected with anything being discussed here
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
bloody osu flat-head..
I don't live in the SW you bloody swine

U live in Ogbomosho Sir grin
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:
Very STUPID n irrelevant question, completely unconnected with anything being discussed here
There is no need for insults. You are the one sharing Facebook accounts and pictures up and down, in a bid to prove that Gidado is a Yoruba name. Now I asked you to tell me what it means in Yoruba, you are just spewing insults as if someone stepped on your big toe.

For the last time, what is the meaning of Gidado in Yoruba language?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2019
geosegun:
Gidado is Yoruba, although the name sounds like an adopted (sobriquet) Hausa name. I am pure Yoruba and have childhood friends that bear same name. He is even from one of the royal families in my hometown. Funny enough. Its kind of a Muslim name.

I hope this helps
What does Gidado mean in Yoruba language? Tell us, in clear terms.

If you do not know the details of a person's ancestry, please do not vouch for their heritage, even if they speak your language! shocked

usecondom:
Go to Akoko in Ondo State, Oka Akoko to be precise, you will find that name there.
There is no family compound that bears Gidado in Akoko land.Tell us his grandfather's native name and maybe you would have a valid point.

If you check the ancestry of any Yoruba person whose surname is Gidado, one of his ancestors migrated from the North to settle there, and married a Yoruba woman.

Or one of his forbears converted to Islam, and decided to change his name in allegiance to his new religion. Ask them for their family compound, and you will start hearing different native names, popping up!! shocked

Habakus:

Bro,why are you wasting your time with that frustrated bra.t?
Even if a Yoruba guy bearing Gidado slaps him in the face with his birth certificate, his hatred for anything Igbo would never let him admit the truth.
Such despic.able being!
Na wa, o! Why do you want to develop heartache on top another person's surname? Is Gidado one of your family members?

Wait first, and listen. Rotimi Amaechi bears one Yoruba name. Is he from any part of the Southwest? Or does his family have their lineage in Yoruba land?

So why are you holding brief for a person called Gidado that you have never even met??
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
Preetychina22:

It's laughable that you're ignoring the point. They clearly speak English, but not to me.
Being rational is subjective, I just call a spade a spade.
I do not understand you, o! shocked My first cousin has an Igbo father, and bears an Igbo name. She has never experienced this kind of thing that you are talking about. And she has worked in different parts of the Southwest.

I have Igbo neighbours, friends and colleagues that have lived and worked all over.....in different capitals from Akure to Abeokuta, from Lagos to Ibadan. None have experienced this kind of stuff, that you described on this board. sad

There must be something peculiar about you, or maybe there is something unhealthy about your attitude, that makes them treat you in this way.

I believe your claims have another underlying reason that has not been shared, or discovered. How can one single person attract so much disdain, and suspicion?? shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
allcomage:
Igbo are economists ,but they buy it nayway. Do you know that it cost about 1.5m to do borehole in the East While it is about 180k in Lagos. So you do the maths as an investor ,we you sell N5?
Isn't it Igbo people digging the borehole? Why is it so expensive??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CeterisXVII: 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/re-top-10-yoruba-names-you-never-guessed-were-arabic-names.html
Arabic, not fulani
You still haven't told us the meaning of Gidado in Yoruba language....yet you are citing half-baked articles up and down!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by imam07: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Where??! shocked In which part of Southwestern Nigeria?

If you see a man bearing Gidado in the Southwest, his heritage is likely to be mixed.

Some people later adopted Islamic or Northern sounding names, due to the influence of Arabic schools they attended, or due to Islamic influence.

If you ask for the name of his grand father or great-grandfather', it definitely will NOT be Gidado, if he is a true Yoruba man. And their family compound will not be named Gidado. It will reflect a Yoruba name, like Falade or something else.

Even if they want to refer to him, they will say something like "Gidado son of Falade."

In Ilorin, you will find families bearing such names like Gidado, but their family ancestry can be easily traced to the Fulanis who came to settle in the town.
if i dont have a friend bearing gidado, i will not be here arguing
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by FortuneDeGreat(m): 10:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
Purpletee:

urunebo
My sister, are you coming back for Xmas.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by ALPHABASE: 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
Purpletee:

dunno that place o
LOL I SENSED THAT YOU RESIDE HERE IN LAGOS CORRECT?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by theDEVILisHERE: 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
Myhusband:
I served in the same anambra and all these your acknowledgement is quite funny

modified

way of life

Anambra Nnewi people are exposed due to their people being the most travelled in East but their love for money is second to none. when it comes to money, human live had zero value to them

Anambra people believe in make it young and die Rich. their interest for money made them to involve in series of ritualism to look for money, if I'm lying non Igbo that served there can burst my lies, you can hardly see obituaries of old people in Anambra, Nnewi most esp (obituaries aged from 40 below) and when you listen to what causes these death you just shake your head

do I need to talk about N20 poison that can seized your legs, I got a job at Nnewi after service but I've to pick race when a man that was working in bank leg was poison with this stuff

their ladies

they're so pretty but you would never want to invite them at home, the fear of HIV and a Lady that might have been killed alive (a story of a corper that invited one and she died on spot the guy couldn't complete his service and was compel to be jail for offence he's innocent of)

just tell their ladies you're in abroad or you've container on the sea, na yakata dem go fall for you, some might even dash you money ignorantly

Philanthropic life

corpers that served there can testify projects carried out there always meet a serious setback because the rich men they always seek assistance from do turned them down

what surprise me more is their rich men, I mean those with big and exotic cars who bring kegs to fetch to buy water outside

only Igbo like them understand that you must not envy big houses at that end because the source my scare you. I met a Yoruba who called himself herbalist there, I stylishly asked him what brought him to Nnewi and he said don't you know Igbo like ritual a lot, that was prompt is relocation

Enmity

many of their kinsmen can't even go/visit village because of their pull them down syndrome that had become their habit at that end. I have a corper friend who always change to mufti whenever she's travelling from CDs just because of this wickedness of this people. the only Igbo that might relate well with you are those that have stepped out of their village and east to west, south or north, you see those that live in the village don't mess with them or else you're a goner, person wey dey used their own for suya, how much less non relative ?

marital life

if you want to marry Anambra lady, don't make a mistake to settle with the one in the village, you will regret your life. you can choose from those that live all their life out of east even among themselves in that Anambra there is always discrimination when it comes to marriage

I'm sure this is not news that some Igbo who aren't from IMO always runaway from mbaise girls, why this happened till date elude my common sense because their reason is not enough to justify such dumb rejection

piece of trash info

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Purpletee(f): 12:20am On Dec 19, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
My sister, are you coming back for Xmas.
Nwanem,no embarassed
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Purpletee(f): 12:21am On Dec 19, 2019
ALPHABASE:
LOL I SENSED THAT YOU RESIDE HERE IN LAGOS CORRECT?
No,zaria,Kaduna state.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 19, 2019
CeterisXVII:

You still haven't told us the meaning of Gidado in Yoruba language....yet you are citing half-baked articles up and down!

Did I ever offer to tell u the meaning of gidado in yoruba language? Are u well sir?

Yoruba people answer the name Gidado, the meaning is irrelevant
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:02am On Dec 19, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
don't quote me again you fool

Okay, nwoke ogbomosho, I won't sir
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 19, 2019
CeterisXVII:

I do not understand you, o! shocked My first cousin has an Igbo father, and bears an Igbo name. She has never experienced this kind of thing that you are talking about. And she has worked in different parts of the Southwest.

I have Igbo neighbours, friends and colleagues that have lived and worked all over.....in different capitals from Akure to Abeokuta, from Lagos to Ibadan. None have experienced this kind of stuff, that you described on this board. sad

There must be something peculiar about you, or maybe there is something unhealthy about your attitude, that makes them treat you in this way.

I believe your claims have another underlying reason that has not been shared, or discovered. How can one single person attract so much disdain, and suspicion?? shocked

U are struggling to hard to lie m defend ur fellow afonjas.

All he wrote is true as regards yoruba land, I didnt know today, my father lived in Ibadan n my mum grew up in Lagos, They told me these decades ago
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 19, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Isn't it Igbo people digging the borehole? Why is it so expensive??

Well and boreholes are very different.

U can get a well for 180k maybe, but boreholes costs millions, especially in places like enugu that is on top of a mountain and thus getting down to the aquiphers where borehole water can be found.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by ALPHABASE: 6:52am On Dec 19, 2019
Purpletee:

No,zaria,Kaduna state.
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN A WAR TORN STATE sad
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by AmuDimpka: 8:02am On Dec 19, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Gidado doesn't need to be a yoruba name before a yoruba man answers it. Yorubas answer other names apart from yoruba names, relax man

Tiwa surname is Savage
Banky surname is Wellington
We have Yoruba bearing Santos , Fernandez, Williams , Brown etc

These are yoruba...don't mind that guy, tribalism has made him stupid ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Purpletee(f): 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2019
ALPHABASE:
WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING IN A WAR TORN STATE sad
school and hustle o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) / Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.