Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado - NYSC (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (93795 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Perkins2018:

I don’t need your nonsense history. You already showed your ignorance.

Not my history bro, Your history which was documented by our colonial masters!
Go and read the book to cure your ignorance or forever remain a foól.

I learned more about my own tribe and all Plateau tribes and peoples and middlebelt peoples in general from that book!

For example, I learnt that half of my tribesmen (my father's side) were paying allegiance to the Emir of Bauchi in order to prevent invasion.... It was my mother's side who were completely independent of the caliphate. I felt a bit ashamed and surprised of this, and I asked my grandfather who said it was true, but history is history, we can only work towards the future.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by LegendHero(m): 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Thank you very much. Good and bad people are actually in every tribe and we Nigerians do not really have problems or hate each other on personal levels based on tribe!

The kindest person I ever met in my life was a Yoruba Muslim woman from Oyo state. That woman literally saved my life back then in Benin grin

Cc Legendhero

Likewise my own family took in an Igbo man from Ebonyi who only a church member into our house and he lived with us for almost a decade, being fed, sheltered and taken care of free of charge....... He even followed us to our village in Plateau and knows my grandparents and all my extended family.
My mother sponsored his wedding and that was how we bade him farewell to his new matrimonial home. We still keep in touch and some years ago when we were all travelling away, we left our entire house, belongings and my youngest sibling who couldn't go with us under him and his wife who came in our house to stay for weeks till we came back... He was like a foster son to my family.

Cc shaw2

Tbh good and bad people abounds in every tribe. What I just find hard to understand is when people use the behavior of few people they meet to judge the action of a whole tribe.

God bless all the good people out there irrespective of tribal identity.

Bless bro!

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mandeyy:
Exactly. You're right. I had a wonderful youth service in Maiduguri. During salah, they brought food to us, and I began to wonder: "didn't people say that they're hostile?" The other man even suggested to me that my oga should take me to one Kanuri man for a job, since my youth service was about to end. They said that Maiduguri swarmed with flies, but I didn't witness such. All the delicacies we had in Igboland were cooked there by our Igbo brothers even better. My "regret" was the hotness of the place and the sand dunes that occasionally came from Sahara desert. That's why I felt bad when Boko Haram devastated Borno State. We used to go home by 12 in the midnight without any security issue. Everywhere was peaceful then. So, it's our bad leaders that use religion and ethnicity to divide us.

Core-northerners are actually the sweetest, loveliest, kindest and friendliest people in Nigeria..
Their only problem is religion and this has been their curse and burden.
A Hausa man can literally die for you if he really likes you and takes you dearly.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin

Emir of Ilorin would by now be histpry if not the Sarakis that came and continued where military left off.

Last election Emir was jittery that O to Ge movement was an instigation to de-turban and de-robe him.
Just leave the fool alone. If not for politics, who the fvck is emir of ilorin. Maybe the idiot needs to go to offa and say that nonsense again.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2019
imam07:
nah all yoruba compound u know for yoruba land? Some yoruba people that are bearing Lawal, bello, etc are not yoruba?

Some Yoruba even bear Williams, Smith. But we know why.

We dont know why Gidado, a pure, Fulani name, like Lamido, Ardo, Jawando,....is now claimed to be Yoruba name. It is not!
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 2:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Reference:
I can appreciate a lot about what he says. I am not from the East but since starting operations there almost a decade ago I have been positivrly impacted by the peoples of that region. The long and short of the whole thing is that. The Igbos are the closest thing to any quest to develop, to move forward and I speak from an individual and communal perspective.

I think the average Nigerian needs to spend sometime there to complete a cycle of mental upliftment. Honestly my sojourn there has given me a competitive edge in business and professional conduct, a spirit of enterprise, innovation and the 'can do' spirit. There is just nothing beyond them. You either meet up or get left behind.

Not saying that there are no flaws. There are but these are caused in the main by institutional failure, many years of successive weak governments which I know is a fallout of the civil war. These have been blown far out of proportion by those with extreme prejudice. The typical Easterner has no issues at all. I have a very long list of clients and contemporaries from there and I have never been profiled. If you are competent they will respect you utterly and draw close to you to learn.

I think this country is missing a lot with the way Easterners have and are being treated. If ij my little corner I can see the potentials and have benefitted immensely from the kinetics, I can be certain when I say that the Igbos are more than two plugs in the four cylinder engine of development. Cylinders that are not serviced, Hence not surprising, this country just cannot seem to be able to move forward.

My brother, this is so true and this is why as a Middlebelt person, I am very much pro-Igbo and I hope I will eradicate the age-long anti-Igbo sentiments among my people.

I really wonder how manage Igbos developed such a strong capitalist and financial competitive edge over all other African ethnic groups. It's strange.

Hausas are very good in business too. Their religion or should I say the way they practice their religion is their major problem.

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
Perkins2018:

Just leave the fool alone. If not for politics, who the fvck is emir of ilorin. Maybe the idiot needs to go to offa and say that nonsense again.
BabaRamota1980:

grin grin

Emir of Ilorin would by now be histpry if not the Sarakis that came and continued where military left off.

Last election Emir was jittery that O to Ge movement was an instigation to de-turban and de-robe him.

Story story. I think you people are naturally cowards giving an excuse like this.

Northern minorities like Southern Kadunas, Sayawa in Bauchi south and some tribes in Adamawa who live in Hausa fulani dominated states are overthrowing their own Emirates and forcing the Hausa majority to get their own chiefdoms, yet your people in a Yoruba dominated state are giving excuses of how the military and saraki this and that.

Una never ready. Freedom is not given by begging, rather by force.

Also, the both of you are just emotional cry babies. Someone is giving you people hot facts and references and different people are corroborating the same thing, yet all you do is cry and cry on a single point...
Shame dey catch me for una two I swear.

If you guys want to be tribalists, you have to do it with strong hard facts not emotions.
The both of you have not even read first hand Colonial records of our people at the time colonialism,. Yet u think you can argue hard and insult people into making a point.

BabaRamota, point of correction, nobody is arguing that Gidado, Bello or whatever are Yoruba names, however they are names answered by Yoruba people due to certain circumstances at history. I wonder how hard this is to get into your head.

Besides you have not replied me about Ondo people who answer Edo surnames grin

3 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

You have a problem, believe me.

So, who do you think answers the BELLO as a name across West Africa? Akan people or Mende peoples?

Or so, you need me to tell you that there are Fulani indigenes all over every country in West Africa in large numbers? They are even very significant in Central Africa like Chad, Cameroon (which fulanis dominated post-independence) and now CAR where they are the Muslim rebels fighting the indigenous christians over the domination of the country.

Fulanis are the majority in Guinea and a major ethnic/significant group in Gambia, Mali, Burkina Faso, Ivory coast, Niger, Guinea Bissau and even Mauritania. It's only Liberalist, Sierra Leone and Ghana that they do not have a stronghold, however they are still there in tens to hundreds of thousands.

Names ending with LLO in West Africa are also mostly fulani, just like JALLO, DIALLO, GALLO

You really need to learn more. You think you know much but you know little.

Cc Perkins2018

No, you have a problem. Talking about what you lack knowledge in.

Gidado is not a Nigerian name, it is Fulani name.

Oriki is not a Nigerian culture, it is a Yoruba culture.

Every Yoruba family has an Oriki. With the Oriki you can trace what their ancestors did and can locate precisely where their family compound is.

Sanni, Bello, Yussuf, Habib.....these are muslim names given to individuals. Families that used to bear Ifadairo may decide they now want to bear Hassan, or Smith.

Gidado, Lamido, Jawando, Ardo....are not muslim names. They are authentic Fulani names.

You can be Hassan, Usman, Malik, Smith, Williams, Harold and claim Yoruba but there will be a hook, via religion, to explain the name adoption.

There is no hook to link Gidado, a Fulani (non-Islamic name) to Yoruba.

Are you deaf and blind? How many times i need to say Gidado is a reserve of Fulani?

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 3:00pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Story story. I think you people are naturally cowards giving an excuse like this.

Northern minorities like Southern Kadunas, Sayawa in Bauchi south and some tribes in Adamawa who live in Hausa fulani dominated states are overthrowing their own Emirates and forcing the Hausa majority to get their own chiefdoms, yet your people in a Yoruba dominated state are giving excuses of how the military and saraki this and that.

Also, the both of you are just emotional cry babies. Someone is giving you people hot facts and references and different people are corroborating the same thing, yet all you do is cry and cry on a single point...

If you guys want to be tribalists, you have to do it with strong hard facts not emotions.
The both of you have not even read first hand Colonial records of our people at the time colonialism,. Yet u think you can argue hard and insult people into making a point.

BabaRamota, point of correction, nobody is arguing that Gidado, Bello or whatever are Yoruba names, however they are names answered by Yoruba people due to certain circumstances at history. I wonder how hard this is to get into your head.

Ok, now you are getting some sense!

Yes, there are circumstances that exist in which people do adopt names. But for sake of historical accuracy we must not disrespect cultures and begin to falsify name roots.

Gidado by root, is Fulani. It can never be Yoruba. The corper may have adopted it...or he is not trained in his history, even though he is educated....as is the case with millions of Nigerians like him.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 3:01pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

No, you have a problem. Talking about what you lack knowledge in.

Gidado is not a Nigerian name, it is Fulani name.

Oriki is not a Nigerian culture, it is a Yoruba culture.

Every Yoruba family has an Oriki. With the Oriki you can trace what their ancestors did and can locate precisely where their family compound is.

Sanni, Bello, Yussuf, Habib.....these are muslim names given to individuals. Families that used to bear Ifadairo may decide they now want to bear Hassan, or Smith.

Gidado, Lamido, Jawando, Ardo....are not muslim names. They are authentic Fulani names.

You can be Hassan, Usman, Malik, Smith, Williams, Harold and claim Yoruba but there will be a hook, via religion, to explain the name adoption.

There is no hook to link Gidado, a Fulani (non-Islamic name) to Yoruba.

Are you deaf and blind? How many times i need to say Gidado is a reserve of Fulani?

Your ignorance is appaling... Bello is a pure native fulani name just like Jallo or Diallo, it has no business with Islam.
It is not a name answered anywhere else in the Islamic world apart from West Africa where the fulanis popularized it.
If u claim it is an Islamic name, can u prove it?

My brother, go and learn more before u become a ranting tribalist.
What I notice about you Yoruba staunch tribalists on nairaland is that you guys know very very little. Igbo staunch tribalists on nairaland actually know more than you guys.

The only Yoruba guy I so much respect on nairaland when it comes to facts and history is 9jakool, unfortunately for you guys he is not a staunch tribalist.
I hardly see him on nairaland. I wonder where he is.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
Perkins2018:

Oloffa no get their time for Ilorin now. If Kabiyesi no dey home you catch him in his villa in Lagos with 'Gushi! The two are like twins!
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 3:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Ok, now you are getting some sense!

Yes, there are circumstances that exist in which people do adopt names. But for sake of historical accuracy we must not disrespect cultures and begin to falsify name roots.

Gidado by root, is Fulani. It can never be Yoruba. The corper may have adopted it...or he is not trained in his history, even though he is educated....as is the case with millions of Nigerians like him.

Abeg I give up arguing with you... When did I ever say Gidado is a Yoruba name? Of course it is a native Fulani name just like Bello. Some Yorubas just adopted it due to influence, but does it make them less Yorubas?

You have no point of argument, at first u were denying these guys as Yorubas, now u have changed to saying it is not a Yoruba name... Whoever said it was a Yoruba name?

This is why I like Facebook, if you are arguing with someone, u can check the person's profile to at least ascertain his age and intelligence and know if u should continue.... Cos honestly, I feel like I am arguing with a very ignorant teenager of low IQ. No offense.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Your ignorance is appaling... Bello is a pure native fulani name just like Jallo or Diallo, it has no business with Islam.
It is not a name answered anywhere else in the Islamic world apart from West Africa where the fulanis popularized it.
If u claim it is an Islamic name, can u prove it?

My brother, go and learn more before u become a ranting tribalist.
What I notice about you Yoruba staunch tribalists on nairaland is that you guys know very very little. Igbo staunch tribalists on nairaland actually know more than you guys.

The only Yoruba guy I so much respect on nairaland when it comes to facts and history is 9jakool, unfortunately for you guys he is not a staunch tribalist.
I hardly see him on nairaland. I wonder where he is.

You never finish discussing Gidado in Nigeria you dey claw to Jallo in Senegal.

Mmmtchhhew....God help you! grin
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 3:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Imo state has the most beautiful girls in africa

No, not even among black Africans.
I think among Black Africans, Fulanis, Shuwa Arabs, Berber & Habesha (Upper Ethiopian) women look facially more beautiful...
Although all these tribes mentioned above have blood mixtures with Arabs and Berbers.

For pure and full blooded black Africans, truly Imo state can have the most beautiful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by shaw2(m): 3:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nice very commendable
The only reason Nigeria isn't working today is tolerance.
Many don't tolerate other tribe likewise other religion.
Many are being misinformed and brain washed.
I don't always jump into conclusion until I see to myself.
I have lived across the whole tribes in Nigeria, interacted and understood things.
This life is so easy only if you understand.
Nowenuse:

Thank you very much. Good and bad people are actually in every tribe and we Nigerians do not really have problems or hate each other on personal levels based on tribe!

The kindest person I ever met in my life was a Yoruba Muslim woman from Oyo state. That woman literally saved my life back then in Benin grin

Cc Legendhero

Likewise my own family took in an Igbo man from Ebonyi who only a church member into our house and he lived with us for almost a decade, being fed, sheltered and taken care of free of charge....... He even followed us to our village in Plateau and knows my grandparents and all my extended family.
My mother sponsored his wedding and that was how we bade him farewell to his new matrimonial home. We still keep in touch and some years ago when we were all travelling away, we left our entire house, belongings and my youngest sibling who couldn't go with us under him and his wife who came in our house to stay for weeks till we came back... He was like a foster son to my family.

Cc shaw2
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Please stay on topic. Gidado is not English name. It is not Yoruba name either.

Gidado doesn't need to be a yoruba name before a yoruba man answers it. Yorubas answer other names apart from yoruba names, relax man
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

I won’t go to the gutter with you.

Anybody with Ardo name and claim Yoruba has a Fulani ancestry. They can be found only in ilorin. This particular guy obviously has Fulanis ancestry and his family might have moved to Ekiti and he was born there.

I’m from a place in ondo state where people have Edo surnames and they will tell you their forefathers migrated from Edo. There’s no dispute about that.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Perkins2018: 3:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Gidado doesn't need to be a yoruba name before a yoruba man answers it. Yorubas answer other names apart from yoruba names, relax man

Surnames are very significant in Yoruba land. However some people take nicknames to be their surnames over time. I know some people whose father’s nicknames have become their surnames and those names might have no meaning in Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by puhleeze(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
Endy10:
I first want to commend your writing. It's very rare nowadays to see a writeup so cleanly written. I understood the message you were trying to convey and I love the flow of your paragraphs.

I'm happy you enjoyed your service year. I schooled (boarding school) in Anambra state so I was able to relate to a lot of the things you said. I'm from Delta state. I didn't know about Okpa till I got there.

I wish you good luck in the next chapter of your life.

I couldn't agree with you more....very apt
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 4:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
LabDNA:

The way Saudis are catching killing yorubas after every hajj migration.
please dont let us go there.. the numbers of igbos that have been killed for drugs is enough to create another state in nigeria; Dgrin

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 4:11pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

No.

More like in stupid places in the world like nigeria, Ghana and south Africa.

Jealousy
what about Asia?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/re-top-10-yoruba-names-you-never-guessed-were-arabic-names.html

It's a yoruba name.

Browse up Peter Omoniyi Gidado

U will also see very many yorubas on facebook answering the name Gidado
gidado is not a Yoruba name please

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Have u ever been to the SE?
yes
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
Chukapage:
Hey! Hey! Awo free Education is actually a curse! So that's what Awo free Education taught you? That Nnamdi Azikiwe became president because of a coup? Chai ! I have been bantering with a fool a foolish Fool! Nnamdi Azikiwe was among the Foremost intellectuals who fought for Nigerian independence you slowpoke! He was Nigerias first President not by any coup you slowpoke Chai! Products of " Sufferisticated" chai! If you Edit that your mayopic statement may you die !
please go and read your history osu... so awolowo didn't fight for nigeria independence?
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 4:14pm On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=Chukapage post=85003093][/quote]idiot oshi
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 4:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

Abeg I give up arguing with you... When did I ever say Gidado is a Yoruba name? Of course it is a native Fulani name just like Bello. Some Yorubas just adopted it due to influence, but does it make them less Yorubas?

You have no point of argument, at first u were denying these guys as Yorubas, now u have changed to saying it is not a Yoruba name... Whoever said it was a Yoruba name?

This is why I like Facebook, if you are arguing with someone, u can check the person's profile to at least ascertain his age and intelligence and know if u should continue.... Cos honestly, I feel like I am arguing with a very ignorant teenager of low IQ. No offense.

So my father's name is Lamido and i say im Yoruba. Any Yoruba that hears me say that and keeps quiet is not patriotic to his race. Simple!

Now you see where I stand...a patriot!

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 4:36pm On Dec 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

So my father's name is Lamido and i say im Yoruba. Any Yoruba that hears me say that and keeps quiet is not patriotic to his race. Simple!

Now you see where I stand...a patriot!
please leave that idiot alone.. I know that guy very well.. he is from middlebelt.. naso he dey argue with one igbo guy about igboland the other dat for that thread wey one adamawa man marry igbo woman..
The guy na dundee unitedgringrin

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by LabDNA: 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
please dont let us go there.. the numbers of igbos that have been killed for drugs is enough to create another state in nigeria; Dgrin

You can only hide your crimes not for too long. Yorubas are arrested in saudi every hajj and lesser hajj migration with drugs stuffed in their assz and vaginas. Do your fact-finding.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nowenuse: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
Perkins2018:

I won’t go to the gutter with you.

Anybody with Ardo name and claim Yoruba has a Fulani ancestry. They can be found only in ilorin. This particular guy obviously has Fulanis ancestry and his family might have moved to Ekiti and he was born there.

I’m from a place in ondo state where people have Edo surnames and they will tell you their forefathers migrated from Edo. There’s no dispute about that.

And those Yorubas who have Edo, fulani and Nupe ancestry, and even those with Black American freed slave ancestry like them Tiwa Savage, has it stopped them from being Yoruba?
Or do you think there is an ethnic group in this world with 100% ancestry from one origin?

You yourself who is ranting here might have actually had a foreign ancestry into your ethnic group one way or the other but u may not be aware.
Besides people borrowed names in the past, a Yoruba can have an Edo or foreign surname cos his parents named him after an Edo visitor or friend. These things were very common those days.
My maternal grandmother's name was Titi (a Yoruba name), it was given to her by the missionaries after a Yoruba friend of theirs probably....
The name stuck and that became her official and only name, had it been it was a man now, are my maternal cousins going to claim Yoruba ancestry cos they have a Yoruba surname?

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
LabDNA:

You can only hide your crimes not for too long. Yorubas are arrested in saudi every hajj and lesser hajj migration with drugs stuffed in their assz and vaginas. Do your fact-finding.
goodbye
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Kennyswagzz: 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2019
Nowenuse:

And those Yorubas who have Edo, fulani and Nupe ancestry, and even those with Black American freed slave ancestry like them Tiwa Savage, has it stopped them from being Yoruba?
Or do you think there is an ethnic group in this world with 100% ancestry from one origin?

You yourself who is ranting here might have actually had a foreign ancestry into your ethnic group one way or the other but u may not be aware.
Besides people borrowed names in the past, a Yoruba can have an Edo or foreign surname cos his parents named him after an Edo visitor or friend. These things were very common those days.
My maternal grandmother's name was Titi (a Yoruba name), it was given to her by the missionaries after a Yoruba friend of theirs probably....
The name stuck and that became her official and only name, had it been it was a man now, are my maternal cousins going to claim Yoruba ancestry cos they have a Yoruba surname?
Nawa o.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by BabaRamota1980: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kennyswagzz:
please leave that idiot alone.. I know that guy very well.. he is from middlebelt.. naso he dey argue with one igbo guy about igboland the other dat for that thread wey one adamawa man marry igbo woman..
The guy na dundee unitedgringrin

grin
Is he against fulani/igbo marriage, or what?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) / Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.