Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado (93655 Views)

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP / Anambra Corper, Jenyo Ojo, Dies A Month To Passing Out - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by DECLAN2015(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2019
dokyOloye:

I keep telling the ones working with me here in the north but they won't hear.
The scraggly looking used motor parts dealer you ignore makes your salary x 3 every month and has already built a house in his father's compound.

Highly matrialistic which tilted most of u to crime
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by FRANKOSKI(m): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2019
SOME EXPECTED HIM TO SAY THAT HE SAW WHERE THEY WERE KILLING PEOPLE LIKE KANAYO O KANAYO FOR RITUALS..... LOL
Sooooo soryyyyyyy !

4 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by udeze2000: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2019
Las las
IGBO_AMAKA
Take it or leave it

5 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by iSlayer: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
Myhusband:
I served in the same anambra and all these your acknowledgement is quite funny

modified

way of life

Anambra Nnewi people are exposed due to their people being the most travelled in East but their love for money is second to none. when it comes to money, human live had zero value to them

Anambra people believe in make it young and die Rich. their interest for money made them to involve in series of ritualism to look for money, if I'm lying non Igbo that served there can burst my lies, you can hardly see obituaries of old people in Anambra, Nnewi most esp (obituaries aged from 40 below) and when you listen to what causes these death you just shake your head

do I need to talk about N20 poison that can seized your legs, I got a job at Nnewi after service but I've to pick race when a man that was working in bank leg was poison with this stuff

their ladies

they're so pretty but you would never want to invite them at home, the fear of HIV and a Lady that might have been killed alive (a story of a corper that invited one and she died on spot the guy couldn't complete his service and was compel to be jail for offence he's innocent of)

just tell their ladies you're in abroad or you've container on the sea, na yakata dem go fall for you, some might even dash you money ignorantly

Philanthropic life

corpers that served there can testify projects carried out there always meet a serious setback because the rich men they always seek assistance from do turned them down

what surprise me more is their rich men, I mean those with big and exotic cars who bring kegs to fetch to buy water outside

only Igbo like them understand that you must not envy big houses at that end because the source my scare you. I met a Yoruba who called himself herbalist there, I stylishly asked him what brought him to Nnewi and he said don't you know Igbo like ritual a lot, that was prompt is relocation

Enmity

many of their kinsmen can't even go/visit village because of their pull them down syndrome that had become their habit at that end. I have a corper friend who always change to mufti whenever she's travelling from CDs just because of this wickedness of this people. the only Igbo that might relate well with you are those that have stepped out of their village and east to west, south or north, you see those that live in the village don't mess with them or else you're a goner, person wey dey used their own for suya, how much less non relative ?

marital life

if you want to marry Anambra lady, don't make a mistake to settle with the one in the village, you will regret your life. you can choose from those that live all their life out of east even among themselves in that Anambra there is always discrimination when it comes to marriage

I'm sure this is not news that some Igbo who aren't from IMO always runaway from mbaise girls, why this happened till date elude my common sense because their reason is not enough to justify such dumb rejection
[/s]

Kogheriwe.

15 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Brugo(m): 9:32am On Dec 17, 2019
cheesy

This guy is using the FFK/Fayose technique on omoyibos.

Massage their egos to get them to act normal.

As evidenced in Nairaland, Igbos are paranoid and are the most tribalistic people in this contraption called Nigeria.

You said they are steeped in culture. Yes, a culture of greed, fraud and sharp practices in general. Before Christmas, yet another ipob will be caught committing crime in Asia. Na normal tin.

No shame. Money is money. No clean money, no dirty money. Money is all that matters regardless of the method they employ. Give them a society that polices the finance of its citizens and you’ll hear them crying about marginalisation. cheesy cheesy

Corper if you know what’s good for you, leave that state. Don’t invest there. Even their brothers run away from home to come to the southwest for business and deveropment.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by greatbrian(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2019
ghettokid1:
U re welcome!
Hope say none of our girls carry belle 4 u?

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by JJOF(m): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2019
Randy100:
Why do Yorubas think that Igbos are disrespectful? Is it because Igbos don't lie face down to greet their elders? It is ridiculous.
As though that is the true test of respect.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Omofranca(f): 9:33am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.

no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO?

Shout out to Ronke Gidado who was in QES Ilorin between 1977 and 1982. I salute you if you're on Nairaland.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by CasNova: 9:34am On Dec 17, 2019
Unity in diversity
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Myhusband(m): 9:34am On Dec 17, 2019
iSlayer:
[s][/s]

Kogheriwe.

another backup for my proposition and observation
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by gideonvalor98(m): 9:35am On Dec 17, 2019
Mbilla:
Which tribe in the world insult their elders like Yoruba women always do.
You must be a clown for making this kind of statement. Even on nairaland here, the way you guys behave portrays who you were...insults on slight opportunity. The thing is , you guys are doing more harm than good to yourselves.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by mediaxtra: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2019
Once more i feel proud to be ONYE ANAMBARA.
Tnx for all these. Yes, it might not be bed of roses in the state, but believ me this article is correct n can never b found wanting in all ramifications.
There is one unique thing that can hardly be found in other states. There is no remote village in Anambra. The industrous nature of Anambra ppl has brought massive development even in the villages that one can hardly classify any town as a typical village without the presence of amenities found in the cities.
Amost all the villages in the state have working street light, good roads, big markets, schools etc.
What more can one say.
Long live Anambra

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2019
thats the essence of the nysc scheme, to travel and appreciate cultures of other places, there are people who have never left their home states for 30 years, how dyu expect them to reason correctly? sadly many of them are on this forum.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by LabDNA: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2019
Sirjamo:
Fifty Yoruba in an Igbo village! Doing what? Even our commercial drivers don't ply your routes. North and some SS States are where you will see Yoruba in droves.

Stop deceiving yourself. There are over 100 yoruba tailors, herbalists in Otolo Village in Nnewi.

There are buses in Nnewi plying Oshogbo-illorin route driven by yoruba drivers around Guo park in Nnewi.

Jamiu travel and see.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by iSlayer: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
Myhusband:

another backup for my proposition and observation
[/s]

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by olisaEze(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2019
Myhusband:
I served in the same anambra and all these your acknowledgement is quite funny

modified

way of life

Anambra Nnewi people are exposed due to their people being the most travelled in East but their love for money is second to none. when it comes to money, human live had zero value to them

Anambra people believe in make it young and die Rich. their interest for money made them to involve in series of ritualism to look for money, if I'm lying non Igbo that served there can burst my lies, you can hardly see obituaries of old people in Anambra, Nnewi most esp (obituaries aged from 40 below) and when you listen to what causes these death you just shake your head

do I need to talk about N20 poison that can seized your legs, I got a job at Nnewi after service but I've to pick race when a man that was working in bank leg was poison with this stuff

their ladies

they're so pretty but you would never want to invite them at home, the fear of HIV and a Lady that might have been killed alive (a story of a corper that invited one and she died on spot the guy couldn't complete his service and was compel to be jail for offence he's innocent of)

just tell their ladies you're in abroad or you've container on the sea, na yakata dem go fall for you, some might even dash you money ignorantly

Philanthropic life

corpers that served there can testify projects carried out there always meet a serious setback because the rich men they always seek assistance from do turned them down

what surprise me more is their rich men, I mean those with big and exotic cars who bring kegs to fetch to buy water outside

only Igbo like them understand that you must not envy big houses at that end because the source my scare you. I met a Yoruba who called himself herbalist there, I stylishly asked him what brought him to Nnewi and he said don't you know Igbo like ritual a lot, that was prompt is relocation

Enmity

many of their kinsmen can't even go/visit village because of their pull them down syndrome that had become their habit at that end. I have a corper friend who always change to mufti whenever she's travelling from CDs just because of this wickedness of this people. the only Igbo that might relate well with you are those that have stepped out of their village and east to west, south or north, you see those that live in the village don't mess with them or else you're a goner, person wey dey used their own for suya, how much less non relative ?

marital life

if you want to marry Anambra lady, don't make a mistake to settle with the one in the village, you will regret your life. you can choose from those that live all their life out of east even among themselves in that Anambra there is always discrimination when it comes to marriage

I'm sure this is not news that some Igbo who aren't from IMO always runaway from mbaise girls, why this happened till date elude my common sense because their reason is not enough to justify such dumb rejection

And how many Ibo suya sellers did you meet in your PPA? I don’t know how old you are, but I’m really sorry for the kind of upbringing ur kids will get from u.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by fk001(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2019
BabaRamota1980:
First and foremost, there is no family compound in Yorubaland called GIDADO, which is the surname the corper identified himself.

Tell him to re-identify.

Gidado is a Fulani name.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by iSlayer: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2019
We need a country of our own.

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by dedeorji(m): 9:39am On Dec 17, 2019
I would not blame your misguided perception of the Igbos.
My village alone host three multinational beverage companies and some of their staff (from different ethnicity) have landed properties.
I believe the information you have been fed with stems from the inability of some people to afford landed properties in choice areas in the east; properties (especially land) are a bit expensive even if you are from the east. If you have the resources, you can acquire landed property anywhere without prejudice.

Sirjamo:
I hope all I read here is the truth because all the people I knew that went to live or work in the SE including some Asians had different stories, many of them actually had to scamper for safety. Perhaps, because you didn't attempt to start a business or own a landed property.

7 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Myhusband(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2019
[s]
olisaEze:

And how many Ibo suya sellers did you meet in your PPA? I don’t know how old you are, but I’m really sorry for the kind of upbringing ur kids will get from u.
[/s]

prove my point wrong and stop showcasing the colour of ya foolishness
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2019

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by dokie: 9:41am On Dec 17, 2019
deebrain:
Good to know. Forget the nonsense our politicians and social media rats are doing. We are one wonderful country and we do well with each other.

I served in the same state 2006. I did not even want to leave when the service year ended.

Learnt a lot.

We are not a wonderful country, rather we are wonderful nations merged in one geographical expression and thats why we have a problem.

The least that should be done is to completely restructure the country and weaken the center. That way everyone minds their business and grows at their own pace. Only then can we make true progress and reap the benefits of our diversity. Outside of that, we would always be a nation in conflict with one another.

I have lived mixed sufficiently with people from all tribes of this country to know that no tribe is better or worse than the other. Every tribe have their own characteristic, and they are comfortable with it. Why then are we always at the throats of one another? Because we are all made to eat from the same plate of food. One likes to eat with his hand, the other with a spoon, the third with a fork, the fourth with a fork and knife. What do you expect - confusion, accusation of one eating more than the other, and one making a mess of the table. At the end of the day, that food will not go down well.

But put the food in separate plates for each one, and it becomes fun eating together.

Why can't our leaders just do the right thing?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Monday60655(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2019
Well-done
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by gideonvalor98(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2019
Secondary students that their boyfriends and girlfriends will find them come school. Some of them will even carry themselves come do something for school. We caught them red-handed. There was even one day, after js3 final paper, we caught two of them drinking wine and fucking themselves live in the bush, as in enhn! I see film for ANAMBRA for that my service year
Though, I enjoy my time there also

2 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by technicallyrich(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2019
I dont know what to say since you didnt tell us if you are a yoruba christian or muslim.
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2019
Purpletee:
IgboAmaka
#proudAnambra
#proud njikoka lady
#proud enugu-ukwu warrior.
Enugwu kachanu oo, proudly Enugwu Ukwu na Umunri, proudly obeagu urukpaleke, the land of progress. He failed to mention the widespread of beautiful and gigantic edifices which is very uncommon to communities outside Igboland, we so much value our comfort that's why we hustle hard to attain an enviable heights in life.

3 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Obason22(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2019
kayfra:
Fake news grin
Ewu

1 Like

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Obason22(m): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2019
mrchineke:
FAKEST NEWS!!!!!
Ewu
Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Mbilla(m): 9:45am On Dec 17, 2019
Brugo:
cheesy

This guy is using the FFK/Fayose technique on omoyibos.

Massage their egos to get them to act normal.

As evidenced in Nairaland, Igbos are paranoid and are the most tribalistic people in this contraption called Nigeria.

You said they are steeped in culture. Yes, a culture of greed, fraud and sharp practices in general. Before Christmas, yet another ipob will be caught committing crime in Asia. Na normal tin.

No shame. Money is money. No clean money, no dirty money. Money is all that matters regardless of the method they employ. Give them a society that polices the finance of its citizens and you’ll hear them crying about marginalisation. cheesy cheesy

Corper if you know what’s good for you, leave that state. Don’t invest there. Even their brothers run away from home to come to the southwest for business and deveropment.
which tribe in Nigeria commit worse crime than Yoruba's? Yoruba's that have be mining the skulls of their fore fathers and parents , using it for money rituals .Which tribe in Nigeria are more greedy and wicked than Yoruba's, 419 Scammer's, drug lord(Tinubu) , rituals, land theft and terrorist all are Yoruba's legacy's

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Tareq1105: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2019
chival:
Your observations are very apt. Proud to be onye Anambra. That said, every people and tribe have distinct features that make them beautiful and grand.

I had the experience in Enugu some 26yrs ago. If it were to be now I would have married Chioma. The communication is better now.

We were in love. She came to Lagos twice to see me and I visited her too in Udi, Enugu. I wrote letters thrice no reply and now decided to visit her only to discover that the father, a police officer, had been transferred to Sokoto for close to one year then.

As expected, she followed the family. No phone, no address in Sokoto other than Police Hqt State at Sokoto. I came back to Lagos dejected.

I want to believe that our young brother here has not told us the full story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by tungamaje: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2019
gideonvalor98:

Not only that. You people are generally disrespectful. There is difference between being fearless or courageous and being rude or disrespectful. I saw that firsthand. I served in eziowelle in their community secondary, those student are so rude, even to the principal.
But we corpers then were much there - like 12 or more than(almost half of us were Yoruba), we handle them with strict hands and we occasionally had some faceoffs and we do walk at least in threes when going out.
One thing that make them feared us more then was, a new batch corper(female) has a soldier boyfriend and about 3 of them accompanied her to owe. The bottom line is, you people are disrespectful to other tribes and even to yourselves. CHANGE

You had an experience with secondary school pupils and you are generalizing? Don't you know most of present day students across Nigeria are disrespectful due to involvement in cultism? Disrespect toward teachers is not distinct to Igboland, It has become a national phenomenon

11 Likes

Re: My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado by Ogurube: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2019
STOP being ignorant with reckless abandon. Do some due research. You'll find that GIDADO is a family name borne across the Southwest, especially in Ekiti and Kwara. They're also in Lagos. Gidado found its way into southwestern communities, just like other Fulani names - Sanusi, Amodu, Bello, Lawan, Saraki, etc - were adopted along with Islam. Got it?

BabaRamota1980:

Tell him to re-identify.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Corper Who Wore Palazzo Skirt To Ogun Camp Chased Away (Video) / Is She The Biggest Female Copper In Nigeria? / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.