Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks (68896 Views)

Pastor Stops Man From Proposing To His Daughter. Photos And Video. / Man Proposes To Girlfriend On A Boat In The Middle Of A River (Photos) / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Andy15(m): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2019
I dont think there is anything wrong with the guy proposing at the wedding both parents know and that makes it even more dignified and so that pastor should stop forming his own doctrine and instead turn to the bible. Imagine those that say jesus was born dec 25 did they see it in the bible? Stop forming your own doctrine! Instead turn to the bible.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by starrygal(f): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2019
Shut ur damn mouth.For ur information,I am very happily married.And my parents became aware of my relationship before my pastor.The first to know was God.Gez u are one of those who go to church to worship pastor instead of God.
Cheeryfeet:
story you, in a healthy church you talk to
the pastor, the girl then her parents. How can he bless what he has not approved, but I know youth will not allow you hear, na when jungle mature, u Start looking for Pastor or u go to babalawo.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by JKira(m): 8:25am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.
can you see your life? When has that become a sin? Even God said go forth and multiply and he is doing so the right way
By engaging her. In the house of the Lord there is fullness of joy
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Rexomania1111(m): 8:32am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.
What happened To the scripture that says "he that finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains Favour from the Lord"?
The truth is the pastor wasn't suppose to oppose their engagement.
He was saying he is not aware of the relationship . For Christ sake, what is the essence of marriage class And to the best of my knowledge, if you don't fulfill the requirements in your marriage class, then the pastor can choose not to go ahead with the marriage.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by MrSly(m): 8:45am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

Marriage is a private affair and so with the journey to it. The work of clergies is to prepare the couple by teaching ng the according the word of God and church's doctine, as well as officiating the the wedding itself. Dating isn't marriage but a period where two adults test to see if the are compatible. Engagement is not marriage but a commitment to show that the guy in question is serious. Not all engagements end in marriage. The pastor should be made to know when the marriage proper has been agreed to by the two parties involved for onward preparation for marriage. In my opinion the pastor didn't do well.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Jaysolu(m): 9:15am On Dec 18, 2019
linearity:

It takes one experiencing an empty life to project their emptiness and assume that, every other person is as empty and shallow as they are feeling & experiencing.

Enjoy your empty rhetorics void of any scriptural backings or examples.
thank you for putting him in his place
People like that think they're wiser than everybody
Maybe he's the kind that can drink the pastors bathing water like that Ghanaian church
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by onitshaman: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2019
you young nigerians should stop this ur kneeling down on/in a public place and talking nonsence about proposing marriage,that is the most stupid and UN-AFRICAN nonsense i have ever seen.did ur Papa do that? did ur grand papa do it.Make una stop it.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by NevetsIbot(m): 9:23am On Dec 18, 2019
PrayerSlayer1:

You're not a Christian, ok? Just make your statement and move on.
Mtcheww!

My friend will you get this your yeye statement off my mentions?? "You're not a Christian" - Who are you to say that?

Let's be guided. Inasmuch as you can't be a judge to my personal walk with God, take a hike and gerraway
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2019
linearity:

Much ado about nothing!

Keep blowing empty air!

There is no scriptural backing or example to the nonsense you just spoil out there, that the Pastor must be in the know!

In fact, there is no scriptural backing or example for church wedding; the Bible only supports traditional wedding & parental consents and guy stated that, the girl’s parents are aware, which is inline with the scriptures.

The Pastor should have removed his over blown ego from the matter, if that was truly a Church, it therefore means that, it belongs to God and not the Pastor and the guy is permitted to do his engagement before God....Eli in the Bible did not poke nose into Samuel’s affairs with God.

The church is not a place for such there are one thousand and one places he should have done that.

What do you think will be the news if the break up tomorrow?

The church should be wise now that there are constantly under attack.

This is pure wisdom from the man of God. Tomorrow no one will drag the name of the church in the mud should they choose to misbehave.

Kudos to the pastor.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

It will be a waste of time to respond to your life of emptiness.
Damn!This is so wrong.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by hopebacy(m): 9:35am On Dec 18, 2019
the guy is a fool.. and i like the way the girl form dumb.. pastor did the ryt thing joor..foolish proposal.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by chibowobbed(m): 9:37am On Dec 18, 2019
Leave that guy....he keeps talking trash here

linearity:

Much ado about nothing!

Keep blowing empty air!

There is no scriptural backing or example to the nonsense you just spoil out there, that the Pastor must be in the know!

In fact, there is no scriptural backing or example for church wedding; the Bible only supports traditional wedding & parental consents and guy stated that, the girl’s parents are aware, which is inline with the scriptures.

The Pastor should have removed his over blown ego from the matter, if that was truly a Church, it therefore means that, it belongs to God and not the Pastor and the guy is permitted to do his engagement before God....Eli in the Bible did not poke nose into Samuel’s affairs with God.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by CeterisXVII: 9:42am On Dec 18, 2019
Ryan03:
so because you dont like public proposal it means everyone should shun it also? See your nonsense thinking
Your thinking is the nonsensical one, and thank goodness everyone can see it. Why make a spectacle of yourself by proposing publicly? sad

What if the girl says 'NO', right there in public? You will start wailing and swearing for the girl? shocked

Next, the guy's lack of common sense made him propose, just during another person's wedding ceremony, inside that same church. It says a lot about the guy's shallow sense of reasoning. angry

Will the world end if he does not propose inside the church? Is he the owner of that church or the general overseer? shocked It shows he lacks respect for spiritual authority. Maybe he thinks the church is an open market where anybody from anywhere can behave anyhow.

It is good as he disgraced himself there....better go and advise him to stop being silly, as he is your brother. Tell him to go and get sense. undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Olachenny: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2019
The Lady's face though
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Hullabaloon: 10:19am On Dec 18, 2019
anochuko01:

Except you just want to be stubborn....

A wedding is an exercise with spiritual connotation. Something that happened throughout the Bible, even Jesus honored one.

I told you guy isn't wise. Why? A wise person understands times and season, just like the children of Issachar.
A wise man weighs his thoughts and actions, and doesn't just run to fufil his lust and cravings.

Bible warns us against having ZEAL without knowledge. It's very dangerous.

Yes, the church belongs to God. But he has assigned and appointed overseers over the church for the purpose or orderliness. God is a God of orderliness. And that orderliness was what the guy lacked. Orderliness was what the pastor sought for.
There's enough desecration going on. This practice shouldn't be given room to thrive at all.

It could probably degenerate to a point where unruly people would want to propose in the middle of a church sermon just for the purpose of seeking attention.

I shared a personal experience which you wonderfully dodged. That shows that you probably don't support it either.

A more honorable way could be the guy doing his proposal in their privacy, both going to the pastor and asking him to announce their engagement/courtship in the presence of everyone.

While the above is not a standard, yet it would have showed a guy who has respect for the system God has put in place.

Like I said, except you just want to be stubborn Sir. There's no justification for the guys actions.

I'm with you on this. But to me, the Pastor didn't exercise wisdom. He came across as a rude, egotistic fellow. Why not allow the proposal to go on, then on Sunday, make a public announcement that such won't be tolerated at all next time.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by atiku4President(m): 10:42am On Dec 18, 2019
MhisTahrah:
Damn!This is so wrong.
When people are opposed to your view without insults, you can reason with them. But when they show irresponsibility in their presentations, you should be quick to reject such negative energies. I know the abject poverty and sufferings Nigerians have been subjected to are telling on people's state of mind, but that shouldn't make the society accept madness as a social virtue.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

When people are opposed to your view without insults, you can reason with them. But when they show irresponsibility in their presentations, you should be quick to reject such negative energies. I know the abject poverty and sufferings Nigerians have been subjected to are telling on people's state of mind, but that shouldn't make the society accept madness as a social virtue.
The same can be said for you because you responded in a like or an even worse manner.I'm yet to see the insult the other guy gave to have warranted such from you anyway.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

The way some of you reason baffles me. You mean the pastor who oversees the Church should have sat down and watch what he didn't know about happen in his presence? Tommoro if anything bad happens to the relationship (but God forbid) people like you will still come out and start insulting the pastor. What a generation we are in now

I like the way you addressed each of them. I'm afraid of the crop of youths being raised in this present generation!
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by CeterisXVII: 11:11am On Dec 18, 2019
MhisTahrah:
The same can be said for you because you responded in a like or an even worse manner.I'm yet to see the insult the other guy gave to have warranted such from you anyway.
Haba!! What do you mean by you didn't see it? Should I borrow you my specs? Why do people think others should turn the other cheek when they behave badly, as if they are the only ones with a monopoly on bad behaviour?? shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

I like the way you addressed each of them. I'm afraid of the crop of youths being raised in this present generation!

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by august2224(m): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2019
Culin:
But seriously though, how can two church members be dating and the pastor won't be aware, what kind of a relationship is that?
I pity your kind. you can't take serious decisions on you own because you must always tell a pastor. if pastor knack you akpako, you go widen up
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by samyyoung1(m): 11:37am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

Na pastor u dey defend like this, man wey fit dey straff woman for the alter...the church has been desecrated bro, Jesus is no longer in the church, He prefers to be in our hearts instead, don't die for pastors, They are the devil's incarnate
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by ikegwegbe(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

The way some of you reason baffles me. You mean the pastor who oversees the Church should have sat down and watch what he didn't know about happen in his presence? Tommoro if anything bad happens to the relationship (but God forbid) people like you will still come out and start insulting the pastor. What a generation we are in now
so it is the pastor that will make the marriage work or fail?
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by einsteine(m): 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2019
Stupid guy.

Her sister's wedding is the best place for you to propose, right?

It is a memorable day for her sister, don't intrude on someone's day to make headlines.

Besides, what's with all the public proposals though?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ijawwomaninoyo: 12:30pm On Dec 18, 2019
starrygal:
I did not notify him I was dating.i notified him for marriage class after our traditional marriage.You take permission to marry in the church not permission to marry the person.

You went for marriage class after traditional marriage? Very funny!
Why did you bother telling them, you should have gone to the Registry and leave the Church out.
Both of you attend a Church and did your traditional wedding without telling the Pastor nor inviting him, that's strange!
You had better left him out of everything.

Did this Pastor in question ask for permission to date? A total stranger disrupted a program without prior notice.
Why didn't he propose at the traditional wedding since the parents knew him.
You can't just enter anywhere doing anything anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by CeterisXVII: 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
Ijawwomaninoyo:
You went for marriage class after traditional marriage? Very funny!
Why did you bother telling them, you should have gone to the Registry and leave the Church out.
Both of you attend a Church and did your traditional wedding without telling the Pastor nor inviting him, that's strange!
You had better left him out of everything.

Did this Pastor in question ask for permission to date? A total stranger disrupted a program without prior notice.
Why didn't he propose at the traditional wedding since the parents knew him.
You can't just enter anywhere doing anything anyhow.

God bless you. I felt like puking when I saw the responses from his silly supporters.

These children of nowadays believe in doing things anyhow, and expect to be applauded for their nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by shola07(f): 12:59pm On Dec 18, 2019
No respect for the house of God again...

Orishirishi

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ijawwomaninoyo: 1:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
CeterisXVII:

God bless you. I felt like puking when I saw the responses from his silly supporters.

These children of nowadays believe in doing things anyhow, and expect to be applauded for their nonsense.

Very funny statement! Why involve the Pastor at all? Why didn't their family elders finish everything since Church wedding is western? Registry is there, it is not compulsory to marry in Church.
Even in a Church program, if you want to give testimony, you register yourself and the announcer will call you one by one. Not that people will be doing things anyhow.
They say there should be freedom in the house of God, why didn't he do it at his place of work, disrupt works without his employer's knowledge and consent and see the consequences?

How many mosques have we seen doing such during their programs?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by shaw2(m): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
Are you high or something?
So ur pastor must be aware of ur relationships?
What is really wrong with African people?
Are you people mad or something?
Had it been u tell me this face to face I would have slapped the hell and the charm out of you.
Tell me which marriage is perfect?
Even ur so called pastors marriage isn't perfect. I can count how many prominent pastors in Nigeria that divorced their wives ur here talking rubbish.
Rubbish absolutely rubbish.
Don't know what you people see these men like.
Ur pastor is ur own enemy in many ways if u don't know it know it now.
atiku4President:
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by snowblaq(f): 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
linearity:

Much ado about nothing!

Keep blowing empty air!

You mean the same Eli that didn't check what his sons were doing in the house of God and God punished him seriously for their stupidity?

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by TheSourcerer: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:
God punish you and your entire generation unborn
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by CeterisXVII: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2019
TheSourcerer:
God punish you and your entire generation unborn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Men, Please Stop Saying These Things. They Make You Sound Broke. / Photo Of A Young Man, His Cassava & The Girls Got People Talking / Guy’s I’m Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.