Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks (68863 Views)

Pastor Stops Man From Proposing To His Daughter. Photos And Video. / Man Proposes To Girlfriend On A Boat In The Middle Of A River (Photos) / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Made4NaijaM4N: 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2019
Over the weekend, a video of a Nigerian man being stopped from proposing to his girlfriend during a wedding service, went viral.

In the video, a pastor could be seen stopping the man from proposing to the lady, saying he wasn't aware of their relationship and couldn't give his consent for the engagement.

The man in the middle of the drama, Emokpae Ehis, has reached out to LIB to state his own side of the story. According to him, he has been going out with his girlfriend, Gloria for over 7 months now and he decided to propose to her at her elder sister's wedding which held at Souls Harvester at Udu road in Delta state.

Read what he said below

I am the guy that got engaged and this took place in Soul Harvesters church. My name is Ehis Emokpae. I didn't regret and will never regret any of my act.

I am so happy I engaged her in the presence of God and her biological parents was right there and the pastor is just a spiritual father. I am the guy and the family know me very well..

She accepted the ring that's what matters to me. The bride is the elder sister to the girl I engaged. The pastor said it was the church doctrine not to do that. I have been quiet for days about this issue because i dont want to judge a man of God to the public... But the case is out anywaY.

The last prayer for that service was taking place already. The consent of a pastors is not needed before proposing to his member. She needs to accept getting married to you before reaching out to their various pastors,,, i see no wisdom in such act... Engaging your girl in the presence of God is the best thing as a Christian..

I dont believe that was the church doctrine. It was the pastors doctrine... And another thing, i wasn't stealing someone else's show. The pastor to the groom's church wasn't happy about what the brides pastor did in that service. Right in the service people where congratulating the both of us. Please no body should insult the pastor or the church Souls Harvester... I just want people to get the clear picture of what happened''

Watch a video of himself and his girlfriend after she accepted his proposal below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MgdckXiEjM

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6LVrTbHVGG/?igshid=19gsbm9py70xo

12 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Kingosytex(m): 6:20pm On Dec 17, 2019
Why?

The pastor was high on Oshogbo weed.

May be the pastor was secretly giving the girl green light.

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by bluebay(m): 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2019
Did you take time to ask the girl if she's happy about it ? Coz her face is telling something else..

74 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by atiku4President(m): 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.

312 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by atiku4President(m): 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
Kingosytex:
Why?

The pastor was high on Oshogbo weed.

May be the pastor was secretly giving the girl green light.
The way some of you reason baffles me. You mean the pastor who oversees the Church should have sat down and watch what he didn't know about happen in his presence? Tommoro if anything bad happens to the relationship (but God forbid) people like you will still come out and start insulting the pastor. What a generation we are in now

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by SirMichael1: 6:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
I see no reason why the pastor should interfere in your matter. Save for the fact that you proposed in his church, he's got no right to stop you. So should you have proposed in an eatery, will the owner come at you and ask you not to propose?? This hogwash doesn't sit well with me.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by linearity: 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.

Much ado about nothing!

Keep blowing empty air!

There is no scriptural backing or example to the nonsense you just spoil out there, that the Pastor must be in the know!

In fact, there is no scriptural backing or example for church wedding; the Bible only supports traditional wedding & parental consents and guy stated that, the girl’s parents are aware, which is inline with the scriptures.

The Pastor should have removed his over blown ego from the matter, if that was truly a Church, it therefore means that, it belongs to God and not the Pastor and the guy is permitted to do his engagement before God....Eli in the Bible did not poke nose into Samuel’s affairs with God.

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by atiku4President(m): 6:55pm On Dec 17, 2019
linearity:

Much ado about nothing!

Keep blowing empty air!

There is no scriptural backing or example to the nonsense you just spoil out there, that the Pastor must be in the know!

In fact, there is no scriptural backing or example for church wedding; the Bible only supports traditional wedding & parental consents and guy stated that, the girl’s parents are aware, which is inline with the scriptures.

The Pastor should have removed his over blown ego from the matter, if that was truly a Church, it therefore means that, it belongs to God and not the Pastor and the guy is permitted to do his engagement before God....Eli in the Bible did not poke nose into Samuel’s affairs with God.
It will be a waste of time to respond to your life of emptiness.

31 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by linearity: 7:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

It will be a waste of time to respond to your life of emptiness.

It takes one experiencing an empty life to project their emptiness and assume that, every other person is as empty and shallow as they are feeling & experiencing.

Enjoy your empty rhetorics void of any scriptural backings or examples.

147 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by sinaj(f): 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2019
Wow! Was even thinking the pastor is the girl's father.

Mitcheeeew

18 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by NevetsIbot(m): 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2019
Hold the feck up!!

He wasn't her father and he stopped such a beautiful scene all in the name of a doctrine that's not even the church's doctrine?? If I were you man, I'd probably RKO the pastor with my eyes and snatch the microphone from him for better audience.

I'm a Christian but I hate religious fanactism and bigotry. I'm sick and tired of seeing some human being playing God all cos he's a pastor.

Yeye

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by NevetsIbot(m): 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

Must the pastor be aware of everything?

He's proposing marriage for God's sake... Marriage.. he's not asking her out man.. Marriage.. it's a thing of joy.. The pastor, however surprised would have done no wrong by blessing their future union and congratulating them... After all, it's in their fathers house.

Does the pastor know about the quickies that have probably happened in the church premises? Does he have to permit you to drop a chewing gum wrapper on the ground too? Cos you wanna save the image of the church.

Can you save the image of the church? Can God be helped or saved?

43 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by deltateam: 9:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
Made4NaijaM4N:
Over the weekend, a video of a Nigerian man being stopped from proposing to his girlfriend during a wedding service, went viral.

In the video, a pastor could be seen stopping the man from proposing to the lady, saying he wasn't aware of their relationship and couldn't give his consent for the engagement.

The man in the middle of the drama, Emokpae Ehis, has reached out to LIB to state his own side of the story. According to him, he has been going out with his girlfriend, Gloria for over 7 months now and he decided to propose to her at her elder sister's wedding which held at Souls Harvester at Udu road in Delta state.

Read what he said below

Watch a video of himself and his girlfriend after she accepted his proposal below..

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

I not interested not after the national and international disgrace.

She was just looking dumb.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by 24kmagic: 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2019
What did he say
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by deltateam: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
Made4NaijaM4N:

Read what he said below

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Nonsense and ingredient.

Damage control.

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by deltateam: 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
sinaj:
Wow! Was even thinking the pastor is the girl's father.

Mitcheeeew

I can't really say that guy is a christian. See the way he addressed the Pastor as 'just her spiritual father.'

Their roles are important and should not be trifled.

There's something about that guy. I know his type. What a Pastor sees, a young girl wey rove dey shak her skull won't see it.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ishilove: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2019
Rubbish and ingredients. How can you propose at someone else's wedding. It is their special day so I don't know why you couldn't shelve your Hollywood theatrics for a more opportune time. Now you have been embarrassed and you are now coming here to disturb us with your nonsense.

Who even asked you for your silly explanation?? Which one is even "engaging in the presence of God is the best". Just negodu nonsense

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by mytime24(f): 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
Money don change hand embarassed
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Danelo(m): 9:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
W
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
I dont believe that was the church doctrine. It was the pastors doctrine... And another thing, i wasn't stealing someone else's show. The pastor to the groom's church wasn't happy about what the brides pastor did in that service. Right in the service people where congratulating the both of us. Please no body should insult the pastor or the church Souls Harvester... I just want people to get the clear picture of what happened
Okay, we don hear!
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by StarUp: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
Nothing Donald Trump nogo see for White House...

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by PheelzAlmighty: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ok
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by ednut1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
Those proposing in public need their head examined . Propose after a hot round of nacks. That's the best

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Sonnobax15(m): 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
So the church's doctrine now has supremacy over BIBLICAL(GOD) doctrine??......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Culin(f): 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
But seriously though, how can two church members be dating and the pastor won't be aware, what kind of a relationship is that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
Yea don't mind the pastor. He should have atleast allow you so as not to embarrass u in public.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by snipernigga(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
You cannot marry a girl without her father's consent, and not being on the same page with your father in-law is the beginning of a failed union
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by SaintOpzy(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Chaii, na so Pastor turn dictator oo
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by udemzyudex(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
bluebay:
Did you take time to ask the girl if she's happy about it ? Coz her face is telling something else..

Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by solmusdesigns: 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
orisirisi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Carries His Plus-Sized Fiancee Effortlessly In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos / Photo Of Bridal Squad And Their Backsides Got People Talking / Guy’s I’m Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.