Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks (68922 Views)

Pastor Stops Man From Proposing To His Daughter. Photos And Video. / Man Proposes To Girlfriend On A Boat In The Middle Of A River (Photos) / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Charli3benkz(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.
My friend sharap there.. Must u comment?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by toyobillz(m): 10:59pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.

What is this one saying?? undecided
67likes?? shocked
Meaning they're other 67.....hmmn undecided
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by donjahsy(m): 11:00pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
false religion and false teachings must have eating deep into you. Sorry about that anyways. Engaging a girl in a church or anywhere isn't a basis or criteria for the worship that God accepts as far as you aren't doing the abominable in the eyes of God and the law does not forbid that or the church laws or principles as it were did not forbid that, then you are doing the right thing. Ask yourself, on what ground does the so called pastor stand biblically to stop the engagement? Was it contradicting any lay down rules? Maybe not.

But I believe the so called pastor wants to take the glory of being the one that brought them together. Shame on them all.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Rolex66: 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
The Pastor did well by stopping the love-bitten clown from disrupting the church service.

Just ask a girl if she's interested in you or not in the privacy of your home or some getaway location.

Your engagement is your business and not my business or church's business.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by andyanders: 11:01pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
Well spoken and on point. The guy has lost his senses by justifying that his action was right. What stops him doing that at the reception. Foolish

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by linearity: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2019
Xano:

Be careful what you say or type. Weddings were done in Synagogue(a place of worship).

Can you please provide, a chapter and a verse that indicated that Jesus or his disciples or early Christians went to Synagogue to attend or perform a single wedding?

FYI: The wedding in Cana, Galilee was a traditional wedding....am waiting! .....still waiting!! .....ok, let me give you time to finish searching the Bible.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by EMAXIM(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
Some of you are here to comment for the sake of typing trash, if you were to be the pastor would you have let that to go on. The pastor did the right thing. I can't even believe that someone just compared the church to an eatery, such person needs God in his /her life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by anochuko01(m): 11:12pm On Dec 17, 2019
linearity:

It takes one experiencing an empty life to project their emptiness and assume that, every other person is as empty and shallow as they are feeling & experiencing.

Enjoy your empty rhetorics void of any scriptural backings or examples.

So it's proposing in church that now has scriptural backing or examples?

What has happened to modesty and moderation?

The guy isn't a good example of a wise husband. Na the girl i just pity....

What's the wisdom that can be gotten from public proposal asides the show off?

He's there claiming to propose in the presence of God. But the truth is that No true "spiritual" person would perform that nonsense he did. No!

Na carnality dey worry am.
He simply doesn't regard authority, elders and the shepherd God has placed over that assembly, and it can be deciphered from this his reaction.

That was how a "brother" organized birthday in the fellowship Secretariat back in school without informing the excos. Even the number one of a cult group was there drinking alcohol. Inside fellowship Lodge o....I was on my way to inform DSA before some people pleaded.

No sane leader would permit anyhow habit in his circle.

Carry your nonsense outside or seek permission. That's how you show regards to elders and organizations.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by lomprico(m): 11:16pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ryan03:
did the bride and groom complain? Why is the pastor crying more than the bereaved?

if na you, you go complain? u n ur new bride still dey alter one idiot they kneel down propose to him babe just behind you.
the pastor over did it sha but his act was totally at wrong timing.

right thing in a wrong place.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Preffered: 11:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
Culin:
But seriously though, how can two church members be dating and the pastor won't be aware, what kind of a relationship is that?

It also baffles me how a pastor that claim to be a spiritual father should rely only on " aproko " for his information instead of the holy spirit.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by ashawopikin(m): 11:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
deltateam:

I not interested not after the national and international disgrace.

She was just looking dumb.
gosmoney, shey u don hear
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by toluleke(m): 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2019
Show me a man who respect protocol and I will show you one who will go far. Why engage her in church disrupting the service, church is a sacred place. What you can't do in mosque they bring all this rubbish to Christendom, bring comedy to church. Well God can't be mocked

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by mrbionic: 11:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
He is wrong by all standards. I have seen where something exactly like this played out, a Redeem church in UK.

The pastor was aware of the guy's intention to propose, and had to give him few minutes during the service to do so.

He was wrong not to have informed the pastor personally about his intention, the church is where decorum should be mantained, and not wnere members act irrationally.

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 18, 2019
Culin:
But seriously though, how can two church members be dating and the pastor won't be aware, what kind of a relationship is that?

It's the likes of you that sees pastor as their God and heaven.. SMH
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Jiokejohn: 12:27am On Dec 18, 2019
lomprico:

if na you, you go complain? u n ur new bride still dey alter one idiot they kneel down propose to him babe just behind you.
the pastor over did it sha but his act was totally at wrong timing.

right thing in a wrong place.

The girl being proposed to is a younger sister to the bride. According to the guy, the girl's parents (bride parents) are aware of their relationship. So, such act will add more vibe to the wedding. The couple, especially the bride will see it as an honour that her younger sister was engaged on her wedding day.
(read the post again).

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by lexy2014: 12:55am On Dec 18, 2019
linearity:

The Pastor should have removed his over blown ego from the matter, if that was truly a Church, it therefore means that, it belongs to God and not the Pastor and the guy is permitted to do his engagement before God....Eli in the Bible did not poke nose into Samuel’s affairs with God.

Eli didn't poke his nose in anybody's business including that of his sons who were desecrating d temple of God by sleeping with women in d temple. He paid dearly for it

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by ForbesHomesNG(m): 1:20am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

It will be a waste of time to respond to your life of emptiness.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by eenai(m): 2:23am On Dec 18, 2019
Obit go and sit down. You were only trying to get attention and cause distraction in that gathering. You would have even done that in the reception. The pastor was right for stopping you. My only option ssue is the reason he gave. But you causing that level of distraction, to say the least was foolish.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Israflor(m): 2:29am On Dec 18, 2019
,,, i see no wisdom in such act..

Please no body should insult the pastor or the church Souls Harvester... I just want people to get the clear picture of what happened''

[b][/b]
What a gross contradiction?! I don't want to say anything abusive though.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Nobody: 3:05am On Dec 18, 2019
NevetsIbot:
Hold the feck up!!

He wasn't her father and he stopped such a beautiful scene all in the name of a doctrine that's not even the church's doctrine?? If I were you man, I'd probably RKO the pastor with my eyes and snatch the microphone from him for better audience.

I'm a Christian but I hate religious fanactism and bigotry. I'm sick and tired of seeing some human being playing God all cos he's a pastor.

Yeye

You're not a Christian, ok? Just make your statement and move on.
Mtcheww!
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by linearity: 3:07am On Dec 18, 2019
lexy2014:

Eli didn't poke his nose in anybody's business including that of his sons who were desecrating d temple of God by sleeping with women in d temple. He paid dearly for it

If you are a scriptural based christian and judges things based on the scriptural examples and principles; am hard pressed to see how you will view proposing to a lady in the Church desecrating the temple of God, whereas wedding a lady in the Church is not?

Both practices are foreign to Christianity and was never practiced by early believers; as much as I do not condemn Church wedding, I think you are an hypocrite or does not know your Bible too well, if you approve of Church wedding and call proposing in the Church something evil.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Acidosis(m): 3:12am On Dec 18, 2019
You are a f00l, bro.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by linearity: 3:19am On Dec 18, 2019
anochuko01:

So it's proposing in church that now has scriptural backing or examples?

What has happened to modesty and moderation?

The guy isn't a good example of a wise husband. Na the girl i just pity....

What's the wisdom that can be gotten from public proposal asides the show off?

He's there claiming to propose in the presence of God. But the truth is that No true "spiritual" person would perform that nonsense he did. No!

Na carnality dey worry am.
He simply doesn't regard authority, elders and the shepherd God has placed over that assembly, and it can be deciphered from this his reaction.

That was how a "brother" organized birthday in the fellowship Secretariat back in school without informing the excos. Even the number one of a cult group was there drinking alcohol. Inside fellowship Lodge o....I was on my way to inform DSA before some people pleaded.

No sane leader would permit anyhow habit in his circle.

Carry your nonsense outside or seek permission. That's how you show regards to elders and organizations.

So you thing the guy that did the Church wedding is a good example of a wise husband, since you have adjudged the other guy unwise, what is your baseline and barometer?

There is nothing spiritual about wedding, they are all for the publicity...the sparkling immaculate white dress, the diamond ring, the suite, the shinning shoes, the flowers, etc. I will equally say, no spiritual person will do a church wedding, if you think church proposal is carnal.

I thought the church belong to God and Jesus comes for even sinners; why do you think he must seek the permission of the elders before entering the house of the Lord and propose in His presence? Unless you think the mere act of proposing to a lady is sinful, you are the one projecting carnality into it and it is surprising you do not see carnality in the Church wedding, which have carnality in full display.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Galaxydon1(m): 3:58am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:
You are talking trash. So your pastor should be aware you are dating her member.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Microwhy: 4:17am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:

It will be a waste of time to respond to your life of emptiness.
Accept corrections..
You typed rubbish. The pastor problem is ego. He want to wrap every member of his church life's and affairs under his arm, what nonsense.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by romenna: 4:18am On Dec 18, 2019
atiku4President:
fool
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Microwhy: 4:19am On Dec 18, 2019
Acidosis:

You are a f00l, bro.
Who?
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by dadexcel: 4:27am On Dec 18, 2019
This guy is spiritually insensitive and ignorant ....you said the pastor of the girl who ultimately doubkes as her spiritual father doesn't need to know that both of you are dating ? Really , and even if that is the case must you add salt to the injury by lashing thus type of cocky and disrespectful statement in public after the incident ?

Actually is the girl in question that caused all this, if she is truely a dedicated sister that understands the role of her pastor and spiritual father in her life , she would have informed her pastor of their relationship much earlier.

And the young man too , if he is tryely wuae would have notified the pastor of his plan to propose during the service and see 8f he will not be permitted .

This is the problem with our youths these days , no tact , insensitive, unwilling to learn and always in a hurry and then we add huge arrogance to it .

Tomorrow when this man that is this disrespectful starts beating this girl now, she will now run to the same pastor for counselling but you ignored him when it started.

Wisdom is key

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by favour32(m): 4:53am On Dec 18, 2019
Make una dey draw attention to unasef na una know.
Wetin dey wrong if u privately engage am?
Una dey make life dey dey complex for una.
I begii nai u know
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by emeijeh(m): 4:56am On Dec 18, 2019
Culin:

I wonder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of A Young Man, His Cassava & The Girls Got People Talking / Men, Please Stop Saying These Things. They Make You Sound Broke. / Guy’s I’m Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.