Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks (68923 Views)

Pastor Stops Man From Proposing To His Daughter. Photos And Video. / Man Proposes To Girlfriend On A Boat In The Middle Of A River (Photos) / "Proposing To A Lady In Her 30s Is Not An Engagement But A Rescue Mission" - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Lovelife433(m): 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
the question is why some pastor is so problematic and bitter about ppls life?

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by highbee02: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
The pastor must be a rtd. Major Gen.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Abiola2612: 10:09pm On Dec 17, 2019
We don hear
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.

God Bless You for this

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Osanoghodua1: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
You see no wisdom in that? You are insulting the pastor or what? The church is not a place for Child's play. There are procedure for things and not doing things the way you like. Just apologize to the pastor and stay calm.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Amumaigwe: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ishilove:
Rubbish and ingredients. How can you propose at someone else's wedding. It is their special day so I don't know why you couldn't shelve your Hollywood theatrics for a more opportune time. Now you have been embarrassed and you are now coming here to disturb us with your nonsense.

Who even asked you for your silly explanation?? Which one is even "engaging in the presence of God is the best". Just negodu nonsense

On the contrary, in the light of this explanation, it is actually the pastor that embarrassed himself with his acting-god over-bloated ego. Furthermore, for you to still endorse what the god-of-man did portrays you as a hate-filled person. You might need to get yourself a man before hate chokes you to death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by danjalingo: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
The girl get sense, else she could have sided with her and lost the guy. My brother, you try, too.
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Amumaigwe: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2019
Culin:
But seriously though, how can two church members be dating and the pastor won't be aware, what kind of a relationship is that?

Why should the pastor know when two adult church members are dating? Educate me please

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by stagger: 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2019
Why not propose to her in your house? The pastor is the man in charge of the church. Simple courtesy demands you at least seek permission to do that in the church. Whether or not he was in the know is another matter.

A man cannot walk into my office premises and say he wants to propose to a female staff without my permission. Im dey craze?

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Xano(m): 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2019
linearity:

Much ado about nothing!

Keep blowing empty air!

There is no scriptural backing or example to the nonsense you just spoil out there, that the Pastor must be in the know!

In fact, there is no scriptural backing or example for church wedding; the Bible only supports traditional wedding & parental consents and guy stated that, the girl’s parents are aware, which is inline with the scriptures.

The Pastor should have removed his over blown ego from the matter, if that was truly a Church, it therefore means that, it belongs to God and not the Pastor and the guy is permitted to do his engagement before God....Eli in the Bible did not poke nose into Samuel’s affairs with God.
Be careful what you say or type. Weddings were done in Synagogue(a place of worship).
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Angelfrost(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2019
This one sef go dey feel like "celebrity"!!!... Soon you will hear how he met and hung out with the following:
Naira Marley
Blessing Okoro
M.C Galaxy
Daddy Freeze
Tonto Dike
Mercy
Etc...
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by YorubaKing: 10:25pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.

Bros., you know well... I swear! angry

85% of Nigerians are suffering from mental illness. angry

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by CeterisXVII: 10:27pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
Sense full your head, my brother. God bless you. May the wisdom in your brain never run dry......
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by frozen70(f): 10:28pm On Dec 17, 2019
The three of you are all actors
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Jiokejohn: 10:32pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
That's insubordination if either you or your would- be wife is a member of the Church. [b]Even if none of you are, you think the house of God is a place to do a thing like that without the consent of the man overseeing the affairs of the Church. [/b]What kind of a generation are we and how do human beings reason these days? [b]How do you see it that you are engaging a sister in a Church where the pastor is not aware of the relationship? You think a Church is a social gathering? Tomorrow if anything happens to the relationship/marriage (but God forbid) social media will say you even got engaged before the Pastor. [/b]My friend, humble yourself and appreciate the pastor saved the image of the Church.
With all due respect, let us not make a mountain out of nothing. This holier than thou attitude will never do us any good.
Marriage is an institution ordained by GOD. 'He that found a wife; found a good thing'. For the guy to propose in a church goes a long way to justify his good intention.
Assuming the guy seized same side attraction to announce cash donation of N5million instead of marriage proposal, will the pastor stop him on same reason that he is not aware and need to be informed first?
On your logic of peradventure the engagement crumbles aftermath of the church exhibition, it doesn't hold water in the sense that many weddings and marriage consummations crashes after church ordinations and no clergy or pastor is to be blamed thereafter.
When the video surfaced, I thought the pastor was the girl's biological daughter. I never knew he was only a spiritual mentor. The pastor has no role to play in that particular scene. He shouldn't see himself as a matchmaker.
Finally, proposing to a girl is a first step in marriage establishment. The direct parties involved have to agree first before involving the parents, mentors and guardians. Meanwhile, marriage proposal or engagement is not overall assurance that the marriage will see the light of the day. Just a bold step on a sacred project. Other factors that will make or mar the relationship comes up thereafter. {for instance, it might be established that the two love birds have a root tie that bound them as relatives. In such scenario, the marriage proposal has to be nullified} Meanwhile, the guy said that the girl's biological parents are aware of their relationship.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ceeflowz: 10:34pm On Dec 17, 2019
Made4NaijaM4N:
Over the weekend, a video of a Nigerian man being stopped from proposing to his girlfriend during a wedding service, went viral.

In the video, a pastor could be seen stopping the man from proposing to the lady, saying he wasn't aware of their relationship and couldn't give his consent for the engagement.

The man in the middle of the drama, Emokpae Ehis, has reached out to LIB to state his own side of the story. According to him, he has been going out with his girlfriend, Gloria for over 7 months now and he decided to propose to her at her elder sister's wedding which held at Souls Harvester at Udu road in Delta state.

Read what he said below

Watch a video of himself and his girlfriend after she accepted his proposal below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MgdckXiEjM

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6LVrTbHVGG/?igshid=19gsbm9py70xo

All dis ones sef don become celeb
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

The way some of you reason baffles me. You mean the pastor who oversees the Church should have sat down and watch what he didn't know about happen in his presence? Tommoro if anything bad happens to the relationship (but God forbid) people like you will still come out and start insulting the pastor. What a generation we are in now
if anything happen if anything happen, abeg shut up joor. The pastor have no business with the engagement, he should go and sit his suited ass down
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

It will be a waste of time to respond to your life of emptiness.
SHUT THE FVCK UP
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by CeterisXVII: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
Jiokejohn:

With all due respect, let us not make a mountain out of nothing. This holier than thou attitude will never do us any good.
Marriage is an institution ordained by GOD. 'He that found a wife; found a good thing'. For the guy to propose in a church goes a long way to justify his good intention.
Assuming the guy seized same side attraction to announce cash donation of N5million instead of marriage proposal, will the pastor stop him on same reason that he is not aware and need to be informed first?
On your logic of peradventure the engagement crumbles aftermath of the church exhibition, it doesn't hold water in the sense that many weddings and marriage consummations crashes after church ordinations and no clergy or pastor is to be blamed thereafter.
When the video surfaced, I thought the pastor was the girl's biological daughter. I never knew he was only a spiritual mentor. The pastor has no role to play in that particular scene. He shouldn't see himself as a matchmaker.
Finally, proposing to a girl is a first step in marriage establishment. The direct parties involved have to agree first before involving the parents, mentors and guardians. Meanwhile, marriage proposal or engagement is not overall assurance that the marriage will see the light of the day. Just a bold step on a sacred project. Other factors that will make or mar the relationship comes up thereafter. {for instance, it might be established that the two love birds have a root tie that bound them as relatives. In such scenario, the marriage proposal has to be nullified}
The issue is the place where the proposal was made.

Why couldn't he do the proposal in private? What bring it to such a public place? Is he the owner of the church?

Honestly, women should start disgracing guys who make public proposals, by saying NO to such display of foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ishilove:
Rubbish and ingredients. How can you propose at someone else's wedding. It is their special day so I don't know why you couldn't shelve your Hollywood theatrics for a more opportune time. Now you have been embarrassed and you are now coming here to disturb us with your nonsense.

Who even asked you for your silly explanation?? Which one is even "engaging in the presence of God is the best". Just negodu nonsense
did the couple complain? Madam over sabi is it the pastors wedding? Abeg hide your face

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by KushLyon(m): 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
You don't have sense
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:42pm On Dec 17, 2019
Culin:
But seriously though, how can two church members be dating and the pastor won't be aware, what kind of a relationship is that?
na so, pastor must be aware of everything as per God's CCTV camera.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
snipernigga:
You cannot marry a girl without her father's consent, and not being on the same page with your father in-law is the beginning of a failed union
he is not her father, read again
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
Ornament2003:

End-time proposal
End-time intending couple.
Anyway, God is not mocked!

In a healthy church, you don't even talk to the sister until you have shared your intention with the pastor, & your claim has been scrutinized.

But these ones even look like they have been having pre-marital sex self.

Smh
exactly how Nigerians turn pastors to gods. In a healthy church my foot!
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by NevetsIbot(m): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

I pray you come to that situation where you don't know everything going on in your house.

First off... That kind of prayer is not yours to make and improper.

Secondly... I can never be in the know of everything going on in my house.. even with a surveillance camera, a few things will go past you.

Lastly... The church isn't that pastors church.. it's God's church.

Goodnight

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2019
lomprico:
why na inside church you propose? you stole the show from the bride n groom. ju man. angry
did the bride and groom complain? Why is the pastor crying more than the bereaved?
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ishilove: 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
Sanchez01:

The church became desecrated the moment church weddings started holding therein!

The guy was only following a secular trend that had found its way into the church.

The place of the church in any potential union is to offer counseling and the intending couple reserve the right to choose whether or not to accept being counseled in the church.
Very sensible comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:

I pray you come to that situation where you don't know everything going on in your house.
SHUT UP, the church is God's house. Why did God not strike them dead if he was angry? Fake pastor spotted, they always act holier than angel Gabriel
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:51pm On Dec 17, 2019
ComeAndobo:

Propose during someone else's wedding? On their day? Trying to take the attention off the unique day of another person?
did the couple complain to you?
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2019
stagger:
Why not propose to her in your house? The pastor is the man in charge of the church. Simple courtesy demands you at least seek permission to do that in the church. Whether or not he was in the know is another matter.

A man cannot walk into my office premises and say he wants to propose to a female staff without my permission. Im dey craze?
are you OK?
Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Ryan03(f): 10:56pm On Dec 17, 2019
CeterisXVII:

The issue is the place where the proposal was made.

Why couldn't he do the proposal in private? What bring it to such a public place? Is he the owner of the church?

Honestly, women should start disgracing guys who make public proposals, by saying NO to such display of foolishness.
so because you dont like public proposal it means everyone should shun it also? See your nonsense thinking

1 Like

Re: Man Who Was Stopped By A Pastor From Proposing To Girlfriend In A Church Speaks by Danniedpastor(m): 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2019
atiku4President:
It will be a waste of time to respond to your life of emptiness.
Bro, judge ur self . Is this how to represent Christ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of A Young Man, His Cassava & The Girls Got People Talking / Men, Please Stop Saying These Things. They Make You Sound Broke. / Guy’s I’m Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.