Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Am I Wrong? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong? (2653 Views)

was I Wrong In Wanting To End Friendship With My Friend? / I Told My Wife Not To Kiss My 6-Month-Old Son On The Mouth: Am I Wrong? / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Wrong? by bryanarchie: 8:48am On Dec 19, 2019
Karleb:
Let us pretend time travel is now possible and we are 35 years into the future and you ask your married first son to come visit you but his wife didn't allow him because she wants them to spend time together, how would you feel?

what happened to going with him? must you be invited to go over to your in-law's?

you don't know me but I understand you.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by bryanarchie: 8:50am On Dec 19, 2019
thank you all, I understand he has to obey his father and I'll respect that... but I wont lie I'm still not happy...

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by boldx(m): 8:59am On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie,

Let us assume your mother in law is not in good terms with you and she always complains about everything you do and she always nags about you anytime you are around.

Let also assume your husband reports you to his parents.

Please bear with him. Every trial is for a season. This will soon pass away. Don't allow the devil to sow seeds of hatred and resentment for your husband and his family. It is well. Please be strong.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by bryanarchie: 9:03am On Dec 19, 2019
boldx:
bryanarchie,

Let us assume your mother in law is not in good terms with you and she always complains about everything you do and she always nags about you anytime you are around.

Let also assume your husband reports you to his parents.

Please bear with him. Every trial is for a season. This will soon pass away. Don't allow the devil to sow seeds of hatred and resentment for your husband and his family. It is well. Please be strong.

I'll let him be and focus on my son and have s good time... thank you
Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 19, 2019
People should be reasonable. Don't spend all your money on Christmas and go back to square one in January.

@Op Allow him see his sick dad, you never know. You don't wanna b that person that stopped him from seeing his dad take his last breath incase it's that precarious.

Simply advise him to budget his expenses.. Think about January

5 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by babythug(f): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie:

thank you so much... I'll do just that, I'm still not happy but it is what it is... thank you

Just thought of something to completely even disarm him. Buy a few bits and bobs and send to the in-laws , doesn’t have to be expensive, don’t pre-discuss with him just hand the bag over a day or two before he’s scheduled to leave.

6 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by bukatyne(f): 9:58am On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie:
we've been through a lot as a couple and I'm really tired of trying to get my point through but to no avail.my hubby wants to travel home to his parents because he got an invitation from his very sick dad to come over for Christmas (I was not invited, long story).I do not want him to go this season (after new year is okay) because I want us to spend Christmas together (me him and our sons) we've never spent Christmas together in our home.when he travels, he comes back flat broke and I'm left with the burden of our home for January.I feel he should not abandon his uber business this season.I want us to crossover together as a family.he is insisting and I'm not having it....

please am I wrong, because his mother and father are in their home, why can't he stay with us.travelling with him is not an option.

Madam,

You said your father in-law is sick and invited his son (your husband) over.

You don't want him to go because
1. You have never spent Christmas together
2. He will return broke and you will always bear the household expense for January

You are the embodiment of selfishness ma'am.

I don't know why other years you haven't spent Christmas together.

It is either you all go to be with his sick father or you pray for a safe trip and let him go visit his father.

If you already know that he will be broke every January, why don't you take up that responsibility? Agterall, he finances the home Feb - Dec.

Oya pray that every spirit of self-centredness will die by fire.

7 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Yummymummy07: 10:09am On Dec 19, 2019
Yes u r wrong ,let him go and take care of his dad. Remember that u r also a mother with sons and one day u may find urself in this position , how would you feel if one your sons stop him from visiting you while you are seriously ill.
Re: Am I Wrong? by bryanarchie: 10:56am On Dec 19, 2019
bukatyne:

Madam,

You said your father in-law is sick and invited his son (your husband) over.

You don't want him to go because
1. You have never spent Christmas together
2. He will return broke and you will always bear the household expense for January

You are the embodiment of selfishness ma'am.

I don't know why other years you haven't spent Christmas together.

It is either you all go to be with his sick father or you pray for a safe trip and let him go visit his father.

If you already know that he will be broke every January, why don't you take up that responsibility? Agterall, he finances the home Feb - Dec.

Oya pray that every spirit of self-centredness will die by fire.

thank you

he has post graduate school fees that he is way past the deadline, his car he uses for uber is bad, our son has been with my parents for three months because of finances, house rent comes up April and we've not saved one naira, children school fees first week of February, monthly upkeep too...

so when you judge me, think about this... I've personally financed myself and son to see his family ly. my salary is 43,ooonsis

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by bryanarchie: 11:04am On Dec 19, 2019
Yummymummy07:
Yes u r wrong ,let him go and take care of his dad. Remember that u r also a mother with sons and one day u may find urself in this position , how would you feel if one your sons stop him from visiting you while you are seriously ill.

i'm definitely not stopping him anymore...
Re: Am I Wrong? by boldx(m): 11:06am On Dec 19, 2019
Please let's close this thread to prevent all the bashing. I believe the OP has learnt some good lesson already.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by djoe21(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie:
his dad has been sick for years and I know he will not die...
but what about me and his son, why do we have to be alone...

I'm tired of going to my father's house for Christmas, I want to kill my own chicken, I feel bad....

You must be trolling.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by culf: 11:37am On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie:

thank you for understanding my point, I don't think he does...

i understand you but try talk to him only when he is calm and in a good mood. try to explain, don't force your point on him. You also need to pray for him, very important

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by midnighter(f): 11:49am On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie:

I grew up in s home where Christmas is s big deal, I don't want to travel to my parents house seffff....
I want us to buy our own Christmas tree, kill our own chicken, shoot our own knockout. my parents gave me memories, I want to do the same for my son...

I may sound childish, stupid or self centered but yes I wsnt my family together....

You are not childish, self-centred or stupid. You are just getting impatient with the ongoing situation. You're thinking "so Christmas will be like this until when"

I see that you have resolved to follow babythug's advice, that one is okay.

I understand that you want to create lasting memories with your children that they can cherish like you cherish yours.

At the the same time your husband is also pulled by his own memories of his father which is making him neglect you people out of loyalty.

Please try to be patient with him (though it's not easy) so that he won't blame you for anything that may happen in future which will cause unnecessary tension in your marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie:
thank you

he has post graduate school fees that he is way past the deadline, his car he uses for uber is bad, our son has been with my parents for three months because of finances, house rent comes up April and we've not saved one naira, children school fees first week of February, monthly upkeep too...

so when you judge me, think about this... I've personally financed myself and son to see his family ly. my salary is 43,ooon sis

... how NOT going to see his dying dad gonna change anything about the above in bold?!?!?!?

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
I read nonsense today, I dislike inconsiderate people, when a loved one is sick and needs your attention, the other partner shouldnt be against it, and Op wehdone with all your comments oo, you obviously have a very toxic, bad mouth, that is why you were not invited for Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

... how NOT going to see his dying dad gonna change anything about the above in bold?!?!?!?

I don't understand that either...

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
I don't understand that either...

the lady is making less and less sense as she types....

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by crackhaus: 12:56pm On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie:
no oooooooooooooo, my dear this our marriage has gone through s lot. he told me he was only invited.
all the time I've been there has always been s disaster, I don't want to try anymore.
actually I just want us to be alone, all this family family stuff is tiresome
You should go with him regardless.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2019
OP, yes you are. You should allow him to go see his "very sick" father. You've more Christmases to spend w| him, but this might be the last one he gets to spend w| his father. You shouldn't be disputing this at all, otherwise you're just being inconsiderate and it doesn't speak well of you.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by Graxie(f): 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2019
Umunwoke chuba ego, chusiba ego ike. I tell you if this man was rich, this woman for Don dry tomatoes and pepper one basket, onions one bag, egusi and ogbono all in the name of visiting in-laws. She for don dey prepare journey since November, but as e red, madam no one consider sick papa. Madam you are very selfish, I hope by the time this man gets money and begin to deal with you, you will be plain enough to say it as it is. I pity the guy, he is obviously chocked, running around to see how to see his ailing father but your concern is Christmas tree.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by CircleOfWilis: 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
One day the table will turn, u will be sick, old and dying and ur son's wife will not allow him to come and see you because of Christmas... Nansense! Ingredient! undecided
Re: Am I Wrong? by nnamdibig(m): 5:08pm On Dec 19, 2019
When last did you go and see your "very" sick father in law?

What will be your reaction if your son refused to come see you many years from now because his wife told him not to?

Some of you don't really understand that when you are married, you are fully part of the family.

For the fact that only your husband was invited says alot about your behaviour towards your in-law.
When my dad was very sick, he requested to see my wife and my daughter, the moment they saw him, the man left few days later.

You only have one father in-law but many Christmas and crossovers to do.
You better join your hubby to go see his dad before it's too late.

Even if you have issues with your in-law, it should not be to the point of knowning the that your FIL is very sick and you are "attempting" to stop your hubby from going to see him.

You hubby is a good man.

The topic asked "Am I wrong?"
YES you are extremely WRONG, VERY VERY WRONG.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by midnighter(f): 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
Yummymummy07:

But when she has grown-up sons with sons of their own, she will remember not to emotionally blackmail them into neglecting their immediate families in order to spend Christmas with her, won't she That's actually the lesson of this thread.

Your responsibility is to your wife and son before your parents. The guy doesn't have to go buzzing off every single Christmas. So all the children's memories will be "Daddy was always missing during the holidays?" That's too bad.

The lady said she doesn't mind him going by 2nd January, that one is okay for somebody who is married (since the relationship with in-laws is not good)

I can't imagine my father disappearing every Christmas and coming back in January, ha!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
bryanarchie:
we've been through a lot as a couple and I'm really tired of trying to get my point through but to no avail.my hubby wants to travel home to his parents because he got an invitation from his very sick dad to come over for Christmas (I was not invited, long story).I do not want him to go this season (after new year is okay) because I want us to spend Christmas together (me him and our sons) we've never spent Christmas together in our home.when he travels, he comes back flat broke and I'm left with the burden of our home for January. I feel he should not abandon his uber business this season.I want us to crossover together as a family.he is insisting and I'm not having it....

please am I wrong, because his mother and father are in their home, why can't he stay with us.travelling with him is not an option.

To all of you who are reminding her that she will be old one day, why don't you remember that her husband will be old too? Will he not want his children around then? The same children he is leaving alone every Christmas to come back broke?

The problem is not that she doesn't want him to see his father. She agrees he goes in January. The problem is that her husband has never spent Christmas with his own family and handled the finances irresponsibly. I even doubt his father is sick now. Maybe it's a lie, an excuse, to leave his own family alone again.

bryanarchie
Just in case his father is really critically ill, you don't want to burden your conscience for the rest of your lives. Go with him and your children so that you can be together and he can visit his dad. His family is your family too. If there were misunderstandings in the past, Christmas is a time to make peace, more so when someone is seriously sick.

By the way, do you guys live in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by midnighter(f): 6:48pm On Dec 19, 2019
Mindfulness:
To all of you who are reminding her that she will be old one day, why don't you remember that her husband will be old too? Will he not want his children around then? The same children he is leaving alone every Christmas to come back broke?

The problem is not that she doesn't want him to see his father. She agrees he goes in January. The problem is that her husband has never spent Christmas with his own family and handled the finances irresponsibly.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Am I Wrong? by bryanarchie: 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
thank you all for your responses, I really do appreciate...

yes, we stay in Nigeria and his dad is truly sick...

I he has decided to create our own Christmas memories and he will leave after Christmas, I also shared my worries about finances and he understands my fears...

the issue has been resolved, thank you..

4 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by Roroapple: 11:54am On Dec 20, 2019
Are u God to know he will not die shocked shocked shocked holidays or not let him go ok
Re: Am I Wrong? by ezugegere(m): 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2019
They have resolved the issue. Case closed!
Re: Am I Wrong? by ThatPetiteChic: 8:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
bryanarchie:

thank you

so when you judge me, think about this... I've personally financed myself and son to see his family ly. my salary is 43,ooonsis

https://www.nairaland.com/4966258/childs-welfare..we-need-advice

Here you said your salary is 95k
@bukatyne
Re: Am I Wrong? by bryanarchie: 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2019
ThatPetiteChic:

https://www.nairaland.com/4966258/childs-welfare..we-need-advice

Here you said your salary is 95k
@bukatyne

No need calling her, I'm currently on s 4year bank Loan and amaecom Loan...thank you and the issue is sorted out... Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Am I Wrong? by faithfull18(f): 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2019
midnighter:

But when she has grown-up sons with sons of their own, she will remember not to emotionally blackmail them into neglecting their immediate families in order to spend Christmas with her, won't she That's actually the lesson of this thread.

Your responsibility is to your wife and son before your parents. The guy doesn't have to go buzzing off every single Christmas. So all the children's memories will be "Daddy was always missing during the holidays?" That's too bad.

The lady said she doesn't mind him going by 2nd January, that one is okay for somebody who is married (since the relationship with in-laws is not good)

I can't imagine my father disappearing every Christmas and coming back in January, ha!
Seems a lot of people didn't read the part where she said she didn't have issues with him going by Jan 2nd.

The only issue I think she was complaining about was him always spending Christmas and New year celebrations with his extended family and not his immediate family.

I am sure she doesn't also have issues with him going any other time of the year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce / Man Caught Raping An 8year Old Girl In Ikorodu (pics) / z

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.