Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,791 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery (62719 Views)

JAMB Score For Medicine, Is 248 Okay? / Will I Get Medicine & Surgery In EKSU With 284 As JAMB Score? / JAMB 2023 Cut Off Mark for Medicine, Law, Engineering, Accounting etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by armyofone(m): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2019
In a saner climate, the parents would have moved to another state where their child is more than welcome to pursue her dreams without restraint. Why is she not making plan B?
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by CSTR2: 6:46pm On Dec 19, 2019
You had 302 and you are going to ABU?

What for?

Is it quota system lecturers and students that would make her great or to become a doctor like ango abdullahi? cheesy

School in the south or travel out.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Mrbaz1: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2019
YungMike:
The available slots for that discipline was purchased by those with money.

There's nothing like merit in Nigerian Universities and work places too.

Admission and Jobs are being sold.

Meanwhile, if you're ready to leave naija or you've someone already outside naija and you need a cheap calling service that'd enable you contact family and friends here in naija for as low as 10kb/s. Check my signature for contact.
bro their is...just pray for grace
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by aylipple: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2019
It's sad really that the young lady didn't get admitted to study the course of her dreams. But what's even more saddening is reading responses from those who have no idea how A.B.U works to use this opportunity to expose their preconceived ethno-religious biases.

There's no perfect university anywhere on earth but it's also not a hidden fact that A.B.U is the most cosmopolitan public university in Nigeria.

EMDIEY:

Thank you o, people dont even know what they are saying, this is MEDICINE o where the bests of the best meet. Y'all will be shocked that there is someone from her region with score higher than hers. No doubt the girl is good and deserves something good, but the score that looks unattainable to u people is a common occurrence in medicine. Except if ABU has changed, there is always room for merit, then another factor is catchment area, and all in all there is fairness. Her average score if post utme and jamb are added is 288 is a very good score but i bet u there are score on average of above 300 that apply for same course from her state, if not she would have gotten. Don't forget the slots are so limited that in some states u only have 1 candidate taken, ofcourse has to be the best.
I'm really sorry for her predicament, but don't be so hasty in passing justice without indepth knowledge of what happened. The VC wouldn't even flinch cos he know he would win if u people sue him.

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Mrbaz1: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2019
Gratefulll:
Since she's not from that Region. Even the President is known for doing that too.
u are wrong sir
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Mrbaz1: 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2019
Slynation:
That's what u get when your name is not Zainab, Amina, Hadiza, Rukiyat etc....
UA wrong sir

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2019
We can't tolerate them trespassing the lands of private residents.
Patrioticman007:

You jumped a post explaining, why she was refused admission, due to the fact that hundreds of students scored higher marks than her. Secondly FCT minister, appointment is at the discretion of Mr President, if GEJ the Clueless & OBJ the incest master, choose not to appoint a southerner due to their higher tendencies to corruption, why blame Northerners ?.
Thirdly rearing of animals is an human right thing in our constitution, for any tribe and at any place, however 70% of ipobian assets are in Northern Nigeria while, ordinary cows & goats you cannot tolerate, I fear una oooo.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by ComradeShegs(m): 6:52pm On Dec 19, 2019
I've said this countless times, this quota system isn't helping matters in any way, because it invariably adores mediocrity at the expense of meritocracy. Myself and my sisters being Christians from Oyo state were fortunate enough to gain admission in ABU. My elder sis read Mathematics, I just finished this year with a degree in Political Science & International Studies and my immediate younger sister is currently reading Business Educ moving to her second year. We all applied ones...

While in school, you'll meet “abokis” who can't construct a correct sentence in 400L. grin Infact, what usually helps some of them is cramming. “Ma broda, Hausa sabi cram for Africa grin”. But tell them to engage in a verbal reasoning, na there you don spoil everything.

If you confront them on the marginalisation of southerners in securing admission, they start bringing up the quota system and how it's also difficult for northerners to gain admission down south, even though I strongly feel Federal institutions shouldnt be tied to it. It can be understood if such system is practiced in State owned institutions.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by EMDIEY: 7:01pm On Dec 19, 2019
aylipple:
It's sad really that the young lady didn't get admitted to study the course of her dreams. But what's even more saddening is reading responses from those who have no idea how A.B.U works to use this opportunity to expose their preconceived ethno-religious biases.

There's no perfect university anywhere on earth but it's also not a hidden fact that A.B.U is the most cosmopolitan public university in Nigeria.

Never mind it's only those that went through the system that will know, all other things are hearsays. During my time 10yrs ago when jamb is not computer based my aggregate was 286 after post ume. Then 300+ in jamb aren't that common compared to this era where some average student score 300+. NB the admission, atleast the 1st batch which was about 70%+ of the admission was based on merit.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by DeRay98(m): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
No be today, not only in ABU Zaria.
A few years ago, my nephew score 300 in Jamb for Elect Elect in Unilag.
They grilled him in post UME but he scaled through. He still wasn't given admission until his father had to block a lecture he stumbled into in the school and cough out some N X00,000 before he got admitted.
He graduated with a good 2.1 narrowly missed 1st class and has been working well in the last 2yrs.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by bodilong: 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
i guess is dis Cap issues abt jamb
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by themonk(m): 7:06pm On Dec 19, 2019
mrvitalis:

302 is not enough for medicine in unn its 310 ...she can't say a whole ABU would cut 250 for med surgery thats a big lie
I dont think ABU Zaria cutoff for medicine can be more than 280. UNN and ABU are not the same school, how many smart people want to go to Zaria?
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Kubernetes: 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2019
PataAlhaja:
Your name is Goodness Thomas and you expect to be given admission when there are a lot of Zainabs, Rukayats and Rashidats out there from ELDS states.

This country needs to be balkanized, I swear. We can never be one.

It may be possible that her score was low compared to other students who may have scored high.
For example if the no of students required in MBBS 100 is 200 and all others scored above 330 in jamb and above 300 in post UME,then she will not be gvn admission
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by EMDIEY: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2019
ComradeShegs:
I've said this countless times, this quota system isn't helping matters in any way, because it invariably adores mediocrity at the expense of meritocracy. Myself and my sisters being Christians from Oyo state were fortunate enough to gain admission in ABU. My elder sis read Mathematics, I just finished this year with a degree in Political Science & International Studies and my immediate younger sister is currently reading Business Educ moving to her second year. We all applied ones...

While in school, you'll meet “abokis” who can't construct a correct sentence in 400L. grin Infact, what usually helps some of them is cramming. “Ma broda, Hausa sabi cram for Africa grin”. But tell them to engage in a verbal reasoning, na there you don spoil everything.

If you confront them on the marginalisation of southerners in securing admission, they start bringing up the quota system and how it's also difficult for northerners to gain admission down south, even though I strongly feel Federal institutions shouldnt be tied to it. It can be understood if such system is practiced in State owned institutions.

It's the same or even worse down south too, how many hausas do u see in southern universities, probably non. I'm not even hausa to start with, i had enough experience in the south west whete u only get admitted into courses like medicine based on 'leg'. I put it to u today, apply for medicine in ABU be the overall best and see if they won't admit you, can this be said of all other universities. Pls stop making jest of people based on whether they can converse with u in good English or not, u find this everywhere in the country, is it even the yorubas you want to talk about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by shayiD: 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
More than 20 applicants from her state that applied for MBBS have average points of 330+ compared to her 287.

She is from Kogi State and had been offered admission in Department of Human Anatomy. It is just propaganda to tarnish the image of ABU Zaria.

Prof. U. A. Danbatta, Deputy Director Academic Planning.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by adedayourt(m): 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kyrx:

Please read sir.

Nd dat has affected ur wel being
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by adedayourt(m): 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Reading doesn't kill, trust me.

Minding ur business doesn't kill either!
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Eaganguolly(m): 7:15pm On Dec 19, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Northern Nigeria thrives on mediocrity, see the kind of president they gave us, someone who never address Nigerians or Nigerian press directly what we are always hearing is this.
The president was ATTRIBUTED saying that no no haram has been defeated
As narrated by Garba shehu he said Mr president when he was about going to his private quarters made this statement
As was narrated by Lai Muhammad the president said that the boko haram sect has been technically defeated he was in London when he made the statement
As was narrated by Demi Adeshina the president was sitting down and was watching the super eagles match when he said that and I quote" insha Allah boko wil
l be defeated
As narrated by Lorita onochie, it was when members of ohaneze came to see him with some Palm wine in daura that he said boko harms was collaborating with IPOB to destabilize the country but they are on their way to be defeated, he was on his palour
And this statement was made same day, our president is a DEITY

I laf tire

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by adedayourt(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Reading doesn't kill, trust me.

Minding your business doesn't kill either!
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by adedayourt(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2019
toye440:
See this ogogoro man

Your fada ogogoro man!
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Alanpoza007: 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
MrRemedy:
I know someone who got 327 in Jamb and wasn't admitted to study medicine at Unilag.

WAEC has it's point same as Post Jamb, so it's not just about passing Jamb. No one knows if her Waec is filled with C6 undecided
If you had taken your time to read the article, you'd have seen that she had 6 A1 in her WAEC including Maths, Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by adedayourt(m): 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
AreaFada2:

With 6 A1s in the relevant subjects? Did you read the OP? shocked

No I didn't, am in my ouz coman best me!!!
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Kubernetes: 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
Suremikky:

Oga, the fact that she was given human anatomy instead of medicine rules out the issue of catchment area here..if ABU wasn’t her catchment area she wouldn’t be given admission at all, and besides nobody makes institution choices these days without considering catchment area...I have lived in kaduna all my life so there’s nothing u can tell me about ABU that I don’t already know..I know over 30 people who studied medicine from the same ABU with less than 210 jamb score just because they are northerners and I know over 50 people with over 260 jamb score who were denied admission because they were not indigene

You have said it all.
No one will reject his own indigine.
It's better the non indigines go to their own state to read medicine.Infact in BUK,if you are not an indigine,it will take the grace of God for you to be admitted in their medical school.Infact the north is even accommodating because you will still see some southern students in her medical schools which is contrary in the south.

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by immantoks: 7:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
No tribe discriminates like Hausa. you will never know because they appear to be kind but when it comes to some stuffs once you are not of their tribe or their religion, they will definitely deny you even if you are qualified. if you like score 389 as long as your name is not Awawu or Fatima they will never give you what you deserve. Go to human anatomy and see those who had nice scores and were denied of medicine and surgery there. I will advise you to choose schools like OAU or UI next jamb. we don't care who you are, where you are from or how you worship your God, once you have the qualification we will not deny you. but you see this hausas baa? I rest my case

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by immantoks: 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kubernetes:

You have said it all.
No one will reject his own indigine.
It's better the non indigines go to their own state to read medicine.Infact in BUK,if you are not an indigine,it will take the grace of God for you to be admitted in their medical school.Infact the north is even accommodating because you will still see some southern students in her medical schools which is contrary in the south.
Go to Obafemi Awolowo university ,you will see Hausas studying medicine. I used to be friend with one but he has graduated and ABU is a federal university
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by chewwie(m): 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2019
Medicine and Surgery is like gold in Nigeria. My guy is about to write his 5th Jamb in hopes of getting MBBS. And he has never scored less than 260 in all previous attempts. Sad!
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by masseratti: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2019
Riplogic:
Aliyu Ammani
A Little More Light
My attention was drawn, by a very good friend, to the story making the rounds, that a certain Goodness Thomas was denied admission by the ABU to read for the degree of MBBS despite scoring 302 in the last UTME.
I made some inquiries about the matter and wish to share my findings with you dear friends.
However, before I do so, let us understand a thing or two about University admission process.
The minimum requirements for University admissions is credit pass in at least 5 subjects including English and Mathematics. This being the minimum requirements does not suggest that a student with distinctions in 6 subjects including English and Mathematics must be admitted.
There are other requirements, and circumstances, that guide the admission process apart from meeting the minimum requirements eg the attainments and performances of other candidates.
Now let's take a look at the case of Goodness Thomas.
She scored 302 in the UTME exams, and 274 in the Post UTME. Thus having an average of 288 out of a maximum of 400 points.
The Ahmadu Bello University has as its catchment area the entire 19 States of Northern Nigeria, being an indigene of Kogi State she belongs to the fold.
However, in the last UTME, more than 20 Kogi State indigenes that applied to ABU for MBBS had scores of 320 or more.
So what do you suggest the University should do? Jump over all those other candidates that had higher scores from her State to give her admission? Admit her alongside all those that scored higher than her in the examination from the same state with her?
The University offered her admission for BSc Human Anatomy.
Remember there is a very low limit to the number of students that can be admitted for MBBS; it is the most competitive programme of study in Nigerian universities.
Which University can afford to give admission to all those that crossed the minimum requirements line?
The Ahmadu Bello University is, I stand to be corrected, the only truly national University in Nigeria today, going by the geographical spread of its staff and students. As our former Vice Chancellor, the late Professor Adamu Nayaya Muhammed of blessed memory was fond of saying "there is no local government area in Nigeria that is not represented in ABU”
This is just an attempt to throw a little more light on the issue. It is not in anyway 'speaking' for the University.
Aliyu Ammani
U/Shanu Kaduna
19/12/19
this does not make sense, you don't change the rule during the match, before you set a cutoff mark you ought to know what they scored, catchment area thing can not supercede someone that beats the cut off mark.. This school is a disgrace to education... Point blank.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Seepayday: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2019
What is happening in ABU now as regard admission is becoming worrisome. They prefer to give a Nigerien who scored nothing in JAMB as far as he or she is a Muslim.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by masseratti: 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
sweetonugbu:
Northern Nigeria thrives on mediocrity, see the kind of president they gave us, someone who never address Nigerians or Nigerian press directly what we are always hearing is this.
As narrated by Garba shehu he said Mr president when he was about going to his private quarters made this statement
As was narrated by Lai Muhammad the president said that the boko haram sect has been technically defeated he was in London when he made the statement
As was narrated by Demi Adeshina the president was sitting down and was watching the super eagles match when he said that and I quote" insha Allah boko wil
l be defeated
As narrated by Lorita onochie, it was when members of ohaneze came to see him with some Palm wine in daura that he said boko harms was collaborating with IPOB to destabilize the country but they are on their way to be defeated, he was on his palour
lolz... This made my day... True true our president is a Deity... cheesy angry

1 Like

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by cosmos1440: 7:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
sweetonugbu:
l be defeated

The way you igbos politicize everything is annoying.
Weting concern Buhari for this one nau ?

Granted , Buhari is nepotistic and same goes for nearly all Nigerians in places of authority but you will be doing the poor girl more good if you address the subject instead of displaying your hatred for PMB in particular and the North in general. While you are spewing your bile for the North, just have it in mind that the girl in question might also be a Northerner, a Christian Northerner probably from Southern Kaduna or Bauchi state .

For your information , I am not a Buhari supporter. In short, I see no difference between PMB and GEJ neither do I see any difference between PDP and APC.

Once again, for your own good, you don't have to politicize everything.
Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by Kubernetes: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
immantoks:
Go to Obafemi Awolowo university ,you will see Hausas studying medicine. I used to be friend with one but he has graduated and ABU is a federal university

Go to ABU TMR morning.
I swear you will see nothing less than 20 Yoruba and 20 ibo guys each from 100-500level studying medicine.
ABU Zaria has been fair in admitting students from the south.
Infact the girl in question may be from Niger state.But don't be surprised that she may be the least in jamb scores from the 10-15 spaces allotted to Niger state

3 Likes

Re: ABU Zaria Denies Girl Who Scored 302 In JAMB Admission For Medicine & Surgery by paparazi1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 19, 2019
sweetonugbu:
l be defeated
I wont blame them, the man at the helm
of affairs is a tribal bigot, God will answer them someday. My blame also goes to those who enthrone the tyrant
as president.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Reps Ask FG To Ban Queen Primer Textbook, It Contains ‘sexual Perversions’ (pic / Ladies Pour Water On UNIBEN Final Year Student / NDU Graduate Murders English On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.