Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,624 members, 7,827,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again (84181 Views)

If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again - Danjuma / Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again / Peter Obi: In Nigeria, Nobody Tells You The Truth When You Are In Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by zomby(m): 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2019
Mr. Danjuma should please stop talking...he has been around for many years and he's part of the problems we are all up against
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by degamemaster(m): 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
kettykings:

why do we attack the messenger and not the message , his message might be more important than himself

Of course, do you expect dull Nigerians to take the message seriously when the messenger is not from their tribe?
Every sane person knows that TY Danjuma contributed greatly to the problems we're facing due to his greed and lack foresight, he was even accused of personally killing AGUIYI IRONSI just to please his northern masters then, but now they have finished using him, he has managed to grab some senses and he's talking now to appeal to our emotions to see him as a better person. Nevertheless, his message is very important and considerable for actions by sane and active citizens especially we from the southern Nigeria.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Fhemmmy: 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
If you know what is happening and you are not telling, how are you better than the people that are scared and have lost their voices?
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Reptyle(m): 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2019
iykecicero:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/if-i-talk-about-nigeria-nobodyll-sleep-again-danjuma.html

This man's only claim to fame is that he served in the Nigerian Army and participated in almost every coup that happened from independence to the 80s. He was a major part of the team that stoked the embers that exploded into the civil war leading to millions of deaths.

Yet today, he is one of the wealthiest men in Africa with 2 oil wells and chains of businesses to his name.

Yet today, this crook is seizing platforms to grandstand and talk down on people. This blood thirsty ethnic jingoist who is behind a lot of the communal crisis in the middle belt is talking about what he knows.

Why wont he know when he is a principal actor in the drama that is Nigeria? God will judge him and his class of generals for all they have done to this dear country one day! Very soon!

1 Like

Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Cajal(m): 2:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
Homers123:
He should talk about his own role in destroying this country also.
..thank u sir
Has a lot of oil wells
Is he from ND
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by TruthinAction: 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
People are already having sleepless nights. But this one will make the cabals sleepless as they will be thinking, how do we handle this man that is rubbishing our government.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by rexscholar: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
Speak now or forever remain silent my friend! if u re not part of and u have good will for Nigeria u will speak before thinking about it
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by AmuDimpka: 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
LegendHero:

Which Yorubas are scared? Which activist have you people ever nurtured? When have we ever seen the Igbo man bravery in action? Don’t mention Biafran war coz that was a genocide.

Yourba has human right activists that transcends decades that have spoken truth to power.

Fela, Gani Fawehinmi, the NADECOs, Femi Falana, Wole Soyinka, Sowore etc.

The stupid TY Danjuma kept silent when he was given oil bloc and looting the country dry only for him to come now to be saying rubbish just because he fell out of favor from Buhari. Both of them (Danjuma & Buhari) are bird of a feather.

Can you mention one brave Igbo man that have spoken truth to power nationally like the Yorubas have ever did?

Nnamdi kanu is there
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Bimpe29: 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
The masqurade has spoken. There is impunity, fear, hunger and corruption in the land.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Preetychina22(m): 3:12pm On Dec 20, 2019
Righteousness89:

If I were you, I will take the Message and leave the Messenger...

If you know or see a glimpse of what is Happening were u are.... You will run to Sierra Leone...

Let me say, IF GOD Does not Help Nigerians, with what is happening secretly, DR Congo and Rwanda will be a Child's Play..

Well the Messenger happens to be a crook who has taken over $1Billion from Nigerians.
Secondly, asking God for help in times like this shows how warped the thinking of you and majority of Nigerians are. If the people of hong kong waited on God they would have been swept under Chinese dictatorship.
Tribalism and religion remains two of Nigeria's biggest enemies. It's quite a shame.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by CasNova(m): 3:15pm On Dec 20, 2019
Danjuma already knows what he says he could reveal, has he not been sleeping? His statement is absurd.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Correcto: 3:19pm On Dec 20, 2019
Yet some majority of my people will focus on the Ibos as they are the threat. We shall all learn a bitter lesson.
iykecicero:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/if-i-talk-about-nigeria-nobodyll-sleep-again-danjuma.html
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Adams12345: 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
raker300:
someone here once said he’s voting Buhari so he’ll deal with igbos..

Now his people are feeling the heat and they can’t even complain any more..what a conundrum.

We voted in this man twice, we should learn to deal with the consequences of our actions.

As for me i did't vote for him twice
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Adams12345: 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2019
Let him reveal what is happening, unveil the secret Sir, we want to know.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by paparazi1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
iykecicero:

Oga abeg tell the
miscreant who enthrone him, shame on them, smiling and crying. Nigeria na scam.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Jamesify17: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2019
raker300:

Now his people are feeling the heat and they can’t even complain any more..what a conundrum.

We voted in this man twice, we should learn to deal with the consequences of our actions.
The election was rigged he did not win the second election.

Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by orisa37: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2019
PLEASE TALK AND WE WILL BELIEVE YOU
.AT LEAST WE ACCEPT YOU AS A GENTLEMAN, SOLDIER, MANAGER ENTREPRENEUR AND SO A DEMOCRAT.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by orisa37: 4:24pm On Dec 20, 2019
Talk. You are not a FULANI HERDSMEN.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Legendguru: 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
Only you won’t sleep no one cares about you political opportunist
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by brookz: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2019
How far has he quelled the communal clashes between Tivs and Jukuns in his native Wukari and Takum? He is a big pretender.
The pain in his heart is the oil well that's about to be withdrawn from him.
Issues in Yorubaland should be the very least of his problems. Hypocrite
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by NGpatriot: 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2019

Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma (retd.)

A United States based financial data media house, Bloomberg, says a former Minister of Defence, Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma (retd.), is worth about $1.2bn (N432bn).

This is the first time Danjuma’s net worth would be made public.

Danjuma was mentioned in the Panama Papers in 2017 among prominent Nigerians that operated foreign accounts and had foreign companies while holding public office.

The retired general was also among global personalities found to maintain secret accounts, operated with codes, with the Swiss branch of banking giant, HSBC.

He has neither been investigated nor charged by the Federal Government till today.

According to Bloomberg’s latest report, Danjuma owns not less than 30 properties worldwide some of which include hotels and luxury apartments.

Bloomberg said in a report that Danjuma had also acquired the ‘Kings Arms Hotel,’a 300-year-old inn next to London’s Hampton Court Palace, once the home of King Henry VIII.

It’s set to open soon after refurbishment, with rooms costing about 250 British pounds ($318) per night.

The report read in part, “In this most English of settings, it’s fitting the owner is a retired military man still referred to as “General.” But for Theophilus Danjuma, this is just one investment in a network of assets that span at least three continents.

“The 80-year-old Nigerian is worth $1.2bn, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, with his family office managing a portion of that wealth, often through low-key holdings such as the 14-room hotel.”

The second daughter of the retired general, Hannatu Gentles, confirmed to Bloomberg in an interview that the property was indeed bought by the family and would bear Danjuma’s name.

She said they paid 2.4m British pounds (N1.09bn) for the hotel.

Gentles said redevelopment work was expected to end in March, filings show, but the inn’s age and protected status resulted in higher costs and delays.

“This is the first, and will possibly be the last, listed building we’ve worked on,” Gentles said. “It’s taken longer than we wanted, but our name is attached to the building and we want to be proud of our work. It’s been a hard slog.”

Danjuma’s new venture is far removed from civil war and deepwater oil fields, the spheres where he amassed his power and fortune.

In 2006, his South Atlantic Petroleum Limited sold almost half its contractor rights for a section off Nigeria’s coast to a state-backed Chinese firm for $1.8bn.

The ex-minister was awarded the block in 1998 by the regime of former dictator and fellow army officer, Sani Abacha, making him one of a handful of Nigerians made extraordinarily wealthy from the country’s energy reserves.

“Basically, these people got winning lottery tickets,” said Antony Goldman, founder of West Africa-focused ProMedia Consulting.

He added, “At the time, you had a government desperate for credibility that was isolated internationally.”

Danjuma was “someone who’s not really a politician, who is respected in business and in the army.”

Danjuma was born in 1938, the year Royal Dutch Shell received its first oil exploration licence for the country and more than two decades before it gained independence from Britain.

He dropped out of college in 1960 to join the army, according to “Nigerian Politics in the Age of Yar’Adua” by Bayode Ogunmupe.

He gained prominence after participating in the 1966 counter-coup against Nigeria’s first military dictator.

A decade later, he was stepping out of a Rolls-Royce in central London to meet British military officials in his role as chief of staff for Nigerian Army.

He left the military in 1979 and founded his oil firm and a shipping company, NAL-Comet, which now has more than 2,000 employees in Nigeria.

Danjuma paid $25m in 1998 for the oil field exploration licence that made him a billionaire. A year later, he became Nigeria’s defence minister as the country returned to democracy.

He originally teamed up with Total SA and Brazil’s Petroleo Brasileiro SA on the block. The minority stake that Danjuma’s company now owns is worth $450m, according to Bloomberg’s wealth index.

“Beyond the UK, they own real estate in California and have bought and sold property in Singapore. Their family office also oversees private equity investments, trust funds and a venture capital arm that backs family-run art and film companies. The Danjumas own more than 30 properties worldwide, filings show,” the report stated.

Confirming this, Danjuma’s daughter added, “We invest in real estate in other jurisdictions, but in the UK we always thought let’s stick to areas that we know.”

She noted that her father bought a residence in Singapore years ago, “and it made sense then to buy some more,” she said, adding they’ve since sold the properties because of tax law changes.

In addition to the Kings Arms Hotel, the Danjumas have developed residential properties this year in Esher and Wimbledon. They also own a boutique hotel in Lagos, serving beef carpaccio and lobster bisque in one of three dining areas and displaying works from the family’s art firm.

https://punchng.com/t-y-danjuma-worth-1-2bn-owns-international-hotels-oil-block-bloomberg/

Funny, he's one of the same looters and parasites responsible for the the same rot and mess..
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by bejeria101(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
raker300:

I didn't vote him! Live with your consequences.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Roozzaay(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
grin Gen. TY Danjuma has been knowing things in this country since that night Major General Abacha went to the airport to received the Oyinbo man, exchanged handshakes and lost conscious afterward. Good or bad 9ja go stand and 2023 will be here again for people to put things right. All of una both the ruling and opposition party's evil plots over this land and her citizens shall fail. Useless and greedy old fools.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Roozzaay(m): 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
Reptyle:

This man's only claim to fame is that he served in the Nigerian Army and participated in almost every coup that happened from independence to the 80s. He was a major part of the team that stoked the embers that exploded into the civil war leading to millions of deaths.

Yet today, he is one of the wealthiest men in Africa with 2 oil wells and chains of businesses to his name.

Yet today, this crook is seizing platforms to grandstand and talk down on people. This blood thirsty ethnic jingoist who is behind a lot of the communal crisis in the middle belt is talking about what he knows.

Why wont he know when he is a principal actor in the drama that is Nigeria? God will judge him and his class of generals for all they have done to this dear country one day! Very soon!

God bless you with that write up. Only few people knows Danjuma is one of the few living demons tormenting this nation and her innocent citizens. I'm sure Heavens will surely judge them all
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by zikcash(m): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
oga。。。。las las, people go still sleep!
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Roozzaay(m): 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
Legendguru:
Only you won’t sleep no one cares about you political opportunist

cheesy Yes o, only him and his generation he used looted money to raise.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by femicyrus(m): 5:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
that buhari is jubril from Sudan is the height of whatever he will say. unfortunately, we've heard that b4 now.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by obama30: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2019
iykecicero:

You and Buhari kill Agu-iyi Ironsi and his spirit is now tormenting you through Buhari. please complete your confession before you die
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by yusufyo: 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2019
He most not be serious. What is it on Earth u will tell us now that will stop us from sleeping. Just keep ur mouth shut and spare us some energy
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by themanderon: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
We know the Nigerian government is always involved in a conspiracy against the people.
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by dnawah(m): 6:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
Re: Danjuma: If I Talk About Nigeria, Nobody Will Sleep Again by Obec70(m): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2019
Talk if you want to talk n delay!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Ooni Of Ife Was Represented At His Son’s Wedding Today / Boko Haram, ISWAP Clash As Members Turn Guns Against Each Other. Many Killed / INEC Announces Winner Of Osun Governorship Election Rerun (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.