Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,794 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple (41461 Views)

Zambia: Police Bars Ex-president Lungu From "Political Jogging" / Hichilema Defeats Incumbent, Lungu In Zambia Presidential Race / Zambia President Edgar Lungu Collapses After 'sudden Dizziness' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by vivalavida(m): 6:29am On Dec 21, 2019
oloriLFC:
Okay. In as much as I do not like same sex relationships and do not make a case for gays, it is true that African leaders are hypocrites and do not always tackle issues that will promote the welfare of the populace. We try to prove to the world that we are 'pure', that our beliefs forbid certain things, yet, we are wicked! We chase shadows. And as the US man rightly said we look away when a public office holder spends money lavishly without being tried but go after people who decided what to do with their own bodies. Some of these so called leaders are homosexuals themselves. 'Leave us to languish in our poverty' yen yen yen, as if he or any member of his immediate family is poor. Foolish, wicked people!

Story
U are a homo

All these one u dey Yan na yen yen yen to cover up

3 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 21, 2019
Roozzaay:

You want them to condemn their Ogas? Money rules cheesy cheesy

BUT NOT LEGALISED!!
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by BammyJJS: 6:30am On Dec 21, 2019
Neurotika:
You want a foreign diplomat of a powerful country out of your midst cos of your homophobic inclinations. Inclinations that has no proven correlation with economic development. Interesting...
mofo, plz sharrapp there!!!

2 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by HeeBraHim2(m): 6:32am On Dec 21, 2019
weldon mr president, you got that. we don't want those foolish people in our midst. we want him gone, we are not inn to u s policie.

3 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by HeeBraHim2(m): 6:33am On Dec 21, 2019
HeeBraHim2:
weldon mr president, you got that. we don't want those foolish people in our midst. we want him gone, we are not inn to u s policie.
BY IBRAHIM
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 21, 2019
Neurotika:
You want a foreign diplomat of a powerful country out of your midst cos of your homophobic inclinations. Inclinations that has no proven correlation with economic development. Interesting...

There’s nothing wrong with a host country asking its guest nation to change their ambassador for not respecting the law of their land....
it’s not like Zimbabwe went against its own rule of law..it’s actually legal to jail someone for ramming dic into his follow man’s azzz in Zimbabwe ....

.why is the west trying to be saint in these issues??....the 14years in prison was copied from the Uk..it’s not even up to 15years the uk dropped the law in Scotland..
.when AFRICA is ready to be adopt more liberal laws..we would..until then, no nation that enslaved its fellow man should not come and blackmail us with foreign aid just because they want us to adopt their laws on sexual matters

2 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by alaira(m): 6:37am On Dec 21, 2019
abjisperson:
and what exactly does that mean?
IT MEANS AFRICANS ARE NOT HOMOSEXUALS LIKE THE AMERICANS!!!

3 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by xpool(m): 6:39am On Dec 21, 2019
4Play:

The examples you cite - murder, theft, pedophilia - involve cases where the perpetrator is acting without the consent of a victim (a child is unable to consent in the case of pedophilia). This is why it makes logical sense to condemn murder or theft.

In the case of gay people, Africans are claiming that what consenting adults do with one another is wrong because its "abnormal." But within straight relationships, lots of couples engage in abnormal things. The question is what is the logic in being outraged about consented behavior that doesn't affect others?

This thing about "promoting" homosexuality makes no sense to me since if you are straight, no one is going to convert you to a homosexual and the overwhelming majority of people will remain straight no matter the society (see western countries with a permissive outlook to homosexuals where heterosexuals remain the overwhelming majority). I suspect a lot of people who pursue this line of argument about westerners turning Africans gay harbour some homosexual inclinations themselves.
Consent and mutuality do not establish bases for legality. Brother and sister, mother and son, father and daughter who are all adults can engage in consensual sex, yet it is called incest taboo. A married man or woman can have sex with partners who are not their spouses, it encouraged by you? An adult can chose to walk nude to his office, ask lawyers the offence he committed. Two normal adults can decide to tgo to he market or any public place and have sex in broad daylight, I hope you can accept that since it is consensual. Homosexuality s abnormal, gays are people with special needs, they need clinical psychologists.

3 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by wirinet(m): 6:42am On Dec 21, 2019
1StopRudeness:

There’s nothing wrong with a host country asking its guest nation to change their ambassador for not respecting the law of their land....
it’s not like Zimbabwe went against its own rule of law..it’s actually legal to jail someone for ramming dic into his follow man’s azzz ....

.why is the west trying to be saint in these issues??....the 14years in prison was copied from the Uk..it’s not even up to 15years the uk dripped the law in Scotland..
.when AFRICA is ready to be adopt more liberal laws..we would..until then, no nation that enslaved its fellow man should not come and blackmail us with foreign aid just because they want us to adopt their laws on sexual matters
Ok. But then, why are you against sharia law. Since you support making laws based on religious beliefs. Thieves should have their hands cut off. Even the Christian religion says any part of your body that causes you to sin should be cut off. Adulterers should be stoned to death. Blasphemers should be hanged.

Africans and their priorities!

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by lexy2014: 6:46am On Dec 21, 2019
wirinet:

It depends on your definition of polygamy. Does polygamy only means having multiple marriage licenses, or means having multiple eives/partners, but without obtaining multiple marriage licenses?

According to d story u shared, some women went to court. Can u pls state d reason they went to court?
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by darkwan: 6:46am On Dec 21, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
the law is the law... let them deport this foolish man who does NOT want to follow the laws of the country that welcomed him.

then, when Saudi Arabia will be stoning people to death LAWFULLY, these same bastards would be quiet. btw that same crime of homosexuality is punishable by DEATH in Saudi Arabia.

***spit on floor***

dont you people gerrit yet....!!??
they are after your black anuseseses....!!

protect your anuses....!!

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by darkwan: 6:47am On Dec 21, 2019
upps...mynd is yea.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 21, 2019
Neurotika:
How much does your butthole cost?
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by omoluka: 6:54am On Dec 21, 2019
oloriLFC:
Okay. In as much as I do not like same sex relationships and do not make a case for gays, it is true that African leaders are hypocrites and do not always tackle issues that will promote the welfare of the populace. We try to prove to the world that we are 'pure', that our beliefs forbid certain things, yet, we are wicked! We chase shadows. And as the US man rightly said we look away when a public office holder spends money lavishly without being tried but go after people who decided what to do with their own bodies. Some of these so called leaders are homosexuals themselves. 'Leave us to languish in our poverty' yen yen yen, as if he or any member of his immediate family is poor. Foolish, wicked people!
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by wirinet(m): 6:56am On Dec 21, 2019
You guys use stupid analogies to push your religious believes on others

xpool:

Consent and mutuality do not establish bases for legality. Brother and sister, mother and son, father and daughter who are all adults can engage in consensual sex, yet it is called incest taboo.
Incest is frowned upon, because it can destroy the very basis of society. An incestuous society will eventually become a weak and unhealthy society, ie ancient Egypt. Incest was one of the reason for the demise of ancient Egyptian civilization.
Even people breeding animals make sure to avoid Incest.

A married man or woman can have sex with partners who are not their spouses, it encouraged by you?
So. This has been happening before human history, this is happening today and it will happen in the future - nothing you can do about it.

An adult can chose to walk nude to his office, ask lawyers the offence he committed. Two normal adults can decide to tgo to he market or any public place and have sex in broad daylight, I hope you can accept that since it is consensual.
These infringe on the sensibilities of the public. Your rights stops where others starts.

Homosexuality s abnormal, gays are people with special needs, they need clinical psychologists.

To you it is abnormal, to others it can be normal. Are you a psychologist or even a gay to know the psychology of gay people. Show me the scientific review paper to support your claim.

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Obason22(m): 6:56am On Dec 21, 2019
Neurotika:
He should go to hell,
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by bukatyne(f): 7:03am On Dec 21, 2019
Nice to read.

America prides themselves in following the rule of law. They should do same in this case.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Ferdinandu(m): 7:04am On Dec 21, 2019
Godislove1234:
Never be like Esau who sold his birthright for food. It's time these people leave Africa alone. They give you aid and attach homosexuality to it. How can a man be having sex with another man from the anus? The Devil is truly busy.

Modified:

For all those supporting homosexuality I have just one prayer for you... May your sons bring home a man to marry and may your daughters bring home a woman to marry. Amen.
It doesn't work like that my friend. Find one Governor and support bumper to bumper so that your child will become Governor. Is it only your perceived bad things that is infectious?Africans with myopic ignorance, superstition and misplaced priorities. Our house will be on fire, we will be chasing rats

2 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by zoedew: 7:07am On Dec 21, 2019
Neurotika:

You could as well embrace murder, armed robbery and other vices simply because those who do them are inclined to such ways! Why it has not occurred to you that homosexuality and lesbianism and “transgender” things are unnatural and antisocial conduct deserving of condemnation is clear evidence your ways are pernicious! Change before it is too late for you!

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by tck2000(m): 7:11am On Dec 21, 2019
Conceptman:
America is losing its Glory already, I think the current president has shown the American weakness to the world and nobody takes America serious anymore, the way Kim of North Korea played U.S sef, it's enough for the world to see America has a joke.
https://www.nairaland.com/4814062/aluminium-windows-building-casement-casement/7
Apt
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by xpool(m): 7:12am On Dec 21, 2019
wirinet:

Incest is frowned upon, because it can destroy the very basis of society. An incestuous society will eventually become a weak and unhealthy society, ie ancient Egypt. Incest was one of the reason for the demise of ancient Egyptian civilization.

So. This has been happening before human history, this is happening today and it will happen in the future - nothing you can do about it.

These infringe on the sensibilities of the public. Your rights stops where others starts.

To you it is abnormal, to others it can be normal. Are you a psychologist or even a gay to know the psychology of gay people. Show me the scientific review paper to support your claim.
Your submissions are too weak to attract my attention. But I will react only to the bolded to help you take a walk.
So you care about procreation?
So you are concerned that abnormal sexual act like incest brings infinitesimally weak offsprings; then I ask you, WHAT TYPE OF OFFSPRING DOES HOMOSEXUALITY BRING?

2 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by wirinet(m): 7:12am On Dec 21, 2019
lexy2014:

According to d story u shared, some women went to court. Can u pls state d reason they went to court?
This is the full report;

A federal judge ruled late Friday that a key section of Utah law criminalizing polygamy is unconstitutional, granting multi-spouse families the right to live together without facing arrest, so long as they do not acquire multiple marriage licenses.

U.S. District Court Judge Clark Waddoups ruled Utah's criminalization of cohabitation violated the due process and First Amendment religious freedom rights of the Brown family, which includes husband Kody Brown and his four wives.

The Browns are fundamentalist Mormons and the stars of TLC show "Sister Wives." They chose to leave their home in Lehi, Utah, after local police and prosecutors launched an investigation into their lifestyle in 2010. Before moving to Las Vegas, a deputy Utah County attorney said, "The Browns have definitely made it easier for us by admitting to felonies on national TV."

The Brown family's attorney, George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley, praised the ruling as a landmark in the legal history of individual rights.

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by wirinet(m): 7:15am On Dec 21, 2019
xpool:

Your submissions are to weak to attract my attention. But I will to the bolded to help you take a walk.
So you care about procreation?
So you are concerned that abnormal sexual act like incest brings infinitesimally weak offsprings; then I ask you, WHAT TYPE OF OFFSPRING DOES HOMOSEXUALITY BRING?

Homosexuality has no chance of producing offsprings. Sexual acts is not only for procreation, unless you are insinuating that people should have sex only a few times in their lifetimes.

Homosexuality can act as some of population control mechanism.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by philoedu(m): 7:19am On Dec 21, 2019
Let us be frank, Mr. President, whatever anybody may say, in what has to do with " Identity" of African, does not amount to driving them away from the country.

That seems childish thing to do. The aid they provide, in reality does not get to the destination where it is needed.

It is all about diverse culture that must coexist, through dialogue, not of outright conflict.
Do not forget, you are reminded of the corruption and what is your take on that?.
Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2019
wirinet:

Ok. But then, why are you against sharia law. Since you support making laws based on religious beliefs. Thieves should have their hands cut off. Even the Christian religion says any part of your body that causes you to sin should be cut off. Adulterers should be stoned to death. Blasphemers should be hanged.

Africans and their priorities!

I don’t get u...did u read anything that looks like I said I am okay with religion-driven laws in my comment...??
:u are not very good at dialoging based on context and premise....
I still don’t know why u fallaciously concluded that anti-gay law is a religiously-driven law...many religious/faith system are also against killing, stealing, raping...does that now mean every nation adopted it cos of religion??

....I told u they jailed gay people in Scotland not too long ago....anti gay laws existed in the West .homosexuality was seen as highly inappropriate behaviour and a health risk..not a religious issue.....but was later reviewed when people started literarily killing themselves for not being allowed to express their sexuality....
As regards sharia...I am not against the law a country wishes to adopt...a lot of country operates sharia law or something that looks like it.....China beheads their citizen for embezzlement, Indonesia, Thailand, and some other nation beheads people for drug trafficking, some nations still have the death penalty for armed robbery...I don’t see the West blackmailing any of them with foreign aid for these laws...however I’m not against for talks to be made officially btw two nations so that the country can adjust those laws...

Just to add: ur level of understanding is really weird for u to say there’s a christain law that say cut of ur body part that made u sin...as in...u are really weird

2 Likes

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Fash20: 7:27am On Dec 21, 2019
The height of missplaced priority... Sentencing people to prison because of where they decide to put their dick...

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Eddy000: 7:29am On Dec 21, 2019
wirinet:

I knew someone will toll this line when the issue of incest comes up and you didn't disappoint.
Replace incest with homosexuality in those statements of yours and you will see how it also fit in. The case of incest destroying the basis of the society is also true for homosexuality as the end result for both is continuous decrease in the population of a society.

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by storm001(m): 7:29am On Dec 21, 2019
Neurotika:

Gay sighted

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by Ferdinandu(m): 7:31am On Dec 21, 2019
lexy2014:

Are u aware that polygamy is a criminal offence in d US and other western countries? What rights do gays have that polygamist don't have based on ur argument?
In US, though the law doesn't recognise polygamy, it only becomes a crime if the adults involved are not aware, like when one marries one person in one city and secretly goes to another city to marry another,in this scenario the adults involved are not consenting. There are many cases of one man living comfortably with two or more women who refers the man as their husbands, even though the law recognises only one, no one accuses anyone of any crime because it is an action between consenting adults that is not affecting anybody or the state. That is a superior reasoning in dealing with things. We may decide that Gays can't have the same right as married couples but there is no reason an action of two consenting adults that does not affect their health or the way they relate to the society, does not affect a third person or the state should send them to prison

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by NotComplaining: 7:32am On Dec 21, 2019
KanuSE:
What's wrong with being gay?

Asks someone born from heterosexual intercourse...

1 Like

Re: Edgar Lungu Wants U.S. Ambassador Out Of The Country For Defending Gay Couple by CasNova: 7:36am On Dec 21, 2019
If you believe in homosexuality, don't force it down on others. Let everyone be accountable to his or her own sexual orientation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Julius Malema Supporters Beat Up Whites Protesting 'Racist' Song in SA (PICS) / President Museveni Fetches Water On A Bicycle. Photos / Youths In Ghana Reject Salah Rice Donated By A Member Of Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.