Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years (3820 Views)

Someone Tell Wike That Rivers State & South/South Are Illegal Military Creations / Atiku In Imo State, South East Rally / Why Wike Should Rule Nigeria – Ben Nwabueze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 23, 2019
Austine1212:

Thats no excuse. Much more a bigger country has bigger revenue/access to funds
He is always making excuses for the countries failed status. And does not see the effects of the bad leadership the country has been plagued with since 1960.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

You have reading comprehension issues. I stated Nigeria has produced some of the best minds in the world, but when it comes to leadership at local,state and federal level the dumbest and the most corrupt are at the helms of affairs.

You are the one with comprehension issues because you don't understand the central issue which is that there is nothing Ghanaians, South Africans or even Britons can do for us we cannot do better for ourselves.

If dullards like you key into the vital concept that change begins with each and every one of us then you would not be running around proclaiming your juniors, and those less talented than you, as your messiah.

The change for Nigeria can only happen from within and can only be driven by Nigerians so stop embarrassing us online asking every Tom, di.c.k and Harry to come and colonize us. It is self-loathing Nigerians and sell-outs like you who allow others to insult Nigerians they cannot ordinarily square up to in an arena of ideas and merit.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 23, 2019
Oshigun:

You are the one with comprehension issues because you don't understand the central issue which is that there is nothing Ghanaians, South Africans or even Britons can do for us we cannot do better for ourselves.

If dullards like you key into the vital concept that change begins with each and every one of us then you would not be running around proclaiming your juniors, and those less talented than you, as your messiah.

The change for Nigeria can only happen from within and can only be driven by Nigerians so stop embarrassing us online asking every Tom, di.c.k and Harry to come and colonize us. It is self-loathing Nigerians and sell-outs like you who allow others to insult Nigerians they cannot ordinarily square up to in an arena of ideas and merit.
We have had our chance since 1960, maybe we should try something different. We have had kingpins of corruption run the country to the ground.
I do agree the change can only come from within. It was just an alternative suggestion.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 23, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

He is always making excuses for the countries failed status. And does not see the effects of the bad leadership the country has been plagued with since 1960.

"Bad leadership" that precludes you right? The best nations are driven by the high quality of their human resources and not leaders alone.

I know many Nigerians willing to spend 5 million Naira on UK or US visa, a risky gamble at most, yet they cannot put same amount in the many lucrative start-up businesses Chinese, Koreans, Lebanese, Indians et al are flooding into Nigeria to take advantage of.

Abeg Oga park well. You are another moaner with nothing to offer who thinks others must do everything for him.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Dedetwo(m): 9:10am On Dec 23, 2019
Rossikk:

Splitting Africa into 1000 nations will make her situation 100 times worse.

Each of those countries will be like puny ants when negotiating trade and other deals with other nations like China and the United States, or building military capability to maintain independence. Africa needs stronger nations not weaker nations. There is strength in numbers. The Berlin Conference split the continent into 54 small nation-states for a reason. To make AFRICA weak and powerless.

Oh, and I DARE you to spend two weeks in Sierra Leone and Gambia and then come back and repeat the rubbish of saying Nigeria is not better than them.

Nigeria's GDP per capita is 2,000 USD
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=lTEAXuWPIL2PhbIPge6kyA4&q=nigeria+gdp+per+capita&oq=nigeria+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0l4j0i7i30l2j0j0i7i30l2j0.31970.33008..34784...0.1..1.275.672.6j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.Dd3tV9FbpOs

while Sierra Leone's is 499 USD

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=CzEAXvSXH86D8gL4_42IBA&q=sierra+leone+gdp+per+capita&oq=dierra+leone+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13l5j0i13i10i30.7584.9695..12942...0.2..0.197.1162.8j4......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i7i30j0i7i5i30j0i7i5i10i30j0i8i13i30j0i8i13i10i30.BbImo7kDNuc

and Gambia's, 483 USD
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ei=jjEAXt3QK8Ko8gKT0KfIDw&q=gambia+gdp+per+capita&oq=gambia+gdp+per+capita&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i67j0l2j0i30l3j0i8i30l2.5399.5399..5647...0.2..0.61.61.1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71._AhyRsegHVQ&ved=0ahUKEwjdz7-h58rmAhVClFwKHRPoCfkQ4dUDCAs&uact=5

In one of your quick replies, you have this "You should be like the UAE, another country blessed by tiny population and huge resources". There will be many countries out of 1000-country-Africa that can easily look like UAE in terms of population/resource index.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

In one of your quick replies, you have this "You should be like the UAE, another country blessed by tiny population and huge resources". Africa that can easily look like UAE in terms of population/resource index.
When Nigeria's fantastically corrupt leaders stop looting.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2019
Dedetwo:

In one of your quick replies, you have this "You should be like the UAE, another country blessed by tiny population and huge resources". There will be many countries out of 1000-country-Africa that can easily look like UAE in terms of population/resource index.

Dude, UAE and other gulf states are US - dependent client states that would collapse the very minute the US loses its status as a superpower. We are talking of Africans forming real independent nations that are immune to external forces.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

We have had our chance since 1960, maybe we should try something different. We have had kingpins of corruption run the country to the ground.
I do agree the change can only come from within. It was just an alternative suggestion.

Stop talking rubbish. Run what country into the ground? In 1960 what was Nigeria? Not a vast bush? At independence we had NOTHING. Get that into your thick skull. Not even a single university, after 70 years of white rule.

Today we have 200 universities educating our people courtesy of the same ''evil Nigerian leaders'' you keep demonising. Today you can read, write, travel, start a business on your phone, courtesy of those same ''evil leaders''. Could your illiterate, barefoot grandparents under British rule do any of that? Britain that ruled you for nearly 70 years, and in that period built you not one university, not one factory, not one power plant (our first was in 1964, Kainji dam), not one expressway or major hospital. Not one major industry or engineering facility.

As recently as the 1950s, our national soccer team toured England and played their matches BAREFOOT, because under British rule, they had not been introduced to football boots.

ALL YOU SEE IN NIGERIA TODAY that makes life liveable was built by those same Nigerian leaders you demonize. You need to stop, because without Nigerian leaders who stressed mass education after independence (when literacy rate was 5% unlike 75% today), and built thousands of schools, you would today be an illiterate village palm wine tapper or hunter of cockroaches like your grandpa/great grandpa.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2019
Austine1212:

Thats no excuse. Much more a bigger country has bigger revenue/access to funds

Really? So why don't nations invite millions of immigrants to their countries so they can have ''bigger revenue and access to funds''? Instead the reverse is the case. They create borders and man them, to keep immigrants OUT.

Get this. As a developing nation, you are at a disadvantage if you have a huge population. You have many more mouths to feed with your meagre resources. That is why most developing nations of Nigeria's size have severe social crises with regard to provision pf public services. Nations like Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh etc These are countries with 200 million plus populations, and they are all similar to Nigeria in terms of public services deficiencies lie power cuts, poverty, etc.

Developing states like Ghana, with just a few million people, and a large resource base, are at a definite advantage going forward, and will always find it easier to provide basic services to the majority of their people.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by GENEGIRIA: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2019
I pity you sha. grin the brainless one. grin This ediot doesn’t know what he is saying. Do you know who are talking to? In every military operation, landing of troops is the most crucial part. On that fateful early Sunday morning when ecomog troops landed at the Free Port of Monrovia amidst shelling by Charles Taylor and his people, which group of ecomog troops first landed on Liberian soil?

Me and my colleagues, led by our brave commander General Arnold Quaynor were the first troops to land on Liberian soil. The nigerians thought the landing under General Quaynor won’t be successful so they will blame Ghanaian troops. They didn’t know God is not like an Alata man, as we say in Ghana. grin The Ghanaian troops landed successfully despite our being shelled by enemy forces. Immediately we landed, we fanned out through Vai Town, Clara Town, Logan Town and also secured the Free Port, for Nigerian troops to land as well. I am giving you the names of the areas in Monrovia, around the port, to tell you it is not fiction grin

LOL Do you know why nigerians troops were slaughtered like chicken in Liberia. One key reason was that they were given inferior kits by their governments. The Nigerian contractors who were asked to provide kits and weapons to the troops were actually buying inferior kits and pocketing the money grin grin you should have seen some of the helmets they gave to your soldiers in ecomog. They were actually helmets (not bullet-proof) worn by okada riders grin grin. Chai, Nigeria is never a serious country angry how can you give fragile helmets worn by okada riders to troops in combat? grin grin

Rossikk:

The Nigerian military SAVED Liberia and Sierra Leone. The Ghana troops never fought a single battle. That is why Nigeria took so many casualties.

Ghana soldiers were asked to serve tea to Nigerian soldiers, and mount checkpoints to protect civilian areas during the conflicts.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
GENEGIRIA:
I pity you sha. grin the brainless one. grin This ediot doesn’t know what he is saying. Do you know who are talking to? In every military operation, landing of troops is the most crucial part. On that fateful early Sunday morning when ecomog troops landed at the Free Port of Monrovia amidst shelling by Charles Taylor and his people, which group of ecomog troops first landed on Liberian soil?

Me and my colleagues, led by our brave commander General Arnold Quaynor were the first troops to land on Liberian soil. The nigerians thought the landing under General Quaynor won’t be successful so they will blame Ghanaian troops. They didn’t know God is not like an Alata man, as we say in Ghana. grin The Ghanaian troops landed successfully despite our being shelled by enemy forces. Immediately we landed, we fanned out through Vai Town, Clara Town, Logan Town and also secured the Free Port, for Nigerian troops to land as well. I am giving you the names of the areas in Monrovia, around the port, to tell you it is not fiction grin

LOL Do you know why nigerians troops were slaughtered like chicken in Liberia. One key reason was that they were given inferior kits by their governments. The Nigerian contractors who were asked to provide kits and weapons to the troops were actually buying inferior kits and pocketing the money grin grin you should have seen some of the helmets they gave to your soldiers in ecomog. They were actually helmets (not bullet-proof) worn by okada riders grin grin. Chai, Nigeria is never a serious country angry how can you give fragile helmets worn by okada riders to troops in combat? grin grin

Show us Ghana army deploying in this way.

They don't. TEA MAKERS.

Nigerian Ecomog Troops in Liberia

Nigerian Ecomog Troops in Gambia

Nigerian troops receive huge welcome in Monrovia, Liberia after victory over the rebels.
[img]https://beegeagle.files./2012/04/nigerian-army-sniper1.jpg[/img]

...Bro, show us pictures of them thanking and hailing GHANA troops pls

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Ojiofor: 9:42pm On Dec 23, 2019
charliboy654:
Nigeria is a failed state no doubt, but SA is only developed because of its white population and Ghana because of its small population.

While Nigeria have no reason to develop abi.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 24, 2019
GENEGIRIA:

Corruption is a big problem in the country- everyone is trying to swindle you . There is no one you can trust, not even relatives.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 24, 2019
Rossikk:

Stop talking rubbish. Run what country into the ground? In 1960 what was Nigeria? Not a vast bush? At independence we had NOTHING. Get that into your thick skull. Not even a single university, after 70 years of white rule.

Today we have 200 universities educating our people courtesy of the same ''evil Nigerian leaders'' you keep demonising. Today you can read, write, travel, start a business on your phone, courtesy of those same ''evil leaders''. Could your illiterate, barefoot grandparents under British rule do any of that? Britain that ruled you for nearly 70 years, and in that period built you not one university, not one factory, not one power plant (our first was in 1964, Kainji dam), not one expressway or major hospital. Not one major industry or engineering facility.

As recently as the 1950s, our national soccer team toured England and played their matches BAREFOOT, because under British rule, they had not been introduced to football boots.

ALL YOU SEE IN NIGERIA TODAY that makes life liveable was built by those same Nigerian leaders you demonize. You need to stop, because without Nigerian leaders who stressed mass education after independence (when literacy rate was 5% unlike 75% today), and built thousands of schools, you would today be an illiterate village palm wine tapper or hunter of cockroaches like your grandpa/great grandpa.

Nigerians embark on peaceful protest against abuse of human rights and the government sends jobless illiterate thugs to attack protestors.

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Rossikk(m): 4:07am On Dec 24, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:

Nigerians embark on peaceful protest against abuse of human rights and the government sends jobless illiterate thugs to attack protestors.

Yawwnnnn. Tell Sowore to seek legal ways to be president.

In Nigeria, you do not lose an election and then declare a ''revolution'' to topple the govt. That's called treason.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 5:08am On Dec 24, 2019
Rossikk:

Really? So why don't nations invite millions of immigrants to their countries so they can have ''bigger revenue and access to funds''? Instead the reverse is the case. They create borders and man them, to keep immigrants OUT.

Get this. As a developing nation, you are at a disadvantage if you have a huge population. You have many more mouths to feed with your meagre resources. That is why most developing nations of Nigeria's size have severe social crises with regard to provision pf public services. Nations like Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh etc These are countries with 200 million plus populations, and they are all similar to Nigeria in terms of public services deficiencies lie power cuts, poverty, etc.

Developing states like Ghana, with just a few million people, and a large resource base, are at a definite advantage going forward, and will always find it easier to provide basic services to the majority of their people.

Its a matter of poor governance., take Lesotho a country with population of 2 million completely inside south africa is one of the loorwsr countries.

China with population of 1.5 billion was poorer than Nigeria 50 yearsyears ago look how it is today,

Its all about good governance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 24, 2019
Ojiofor:

While Nigeria have no reason to develop abi.
I don't know, apparently we don't seem to be going forward.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by IronGalaxy: 9:10am On Dec 24, 2019
charliboy654:
Nigeria is a failed state no doubt, but [b]SA is only developed because of its white population and Ghana because of its smal[/b]l population.
here's the usual Inferiority. So Egypt is developed because of what?
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by IronGalaxy: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2019
charliboy654:

Am not arguing with you, but it's a fact the whites own 90% of SA wealth. If it were only the blacks SA will be a shithole just like Nigeria. Ghana on the other hand is not so spectacular and developed as SA but at least they are trying.
Botswana and Kenya aren't shitholes, why South Africa?
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 24, 2019
Rossikk:

Yawwnnnn. Tell Sowore to seek legal ways to be president.

In Nigeria, you do not lose an election and then declare a ''revolution'' to topple the govt. That's called treason.
That is your excuse for Nigeria to be turned into a lawless jungle where judges orders are disobeyed and the tyranical government hires illiterate unemployed thugs to beat up Deji Adeyanju? You are really sick in the head

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Botswana and Kenya aren't shitholes, why South Africa?
Am not the op, ask he op, he said SA and ghana
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by IronGalaxy: 11:01am On Dec 24, 2019
charliboy654:

Am not the op, ask he op, he said SA and ghana
Nope, I'm directing the question to you. You say if SA was made of blacks only it would have been a shithole, right? Now, I made an example of black nations which aren't shitholes and I ask again why would South Africa be a shithole and not other countries? I'll wait
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 24, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Nope, I'm directing the question to you. You say if SA was made of blacks only it would have been a shithole, right? Now, I made an example of black nations which aren't shitholes and I ask again why would South Africa be a shithole and not other countries? I'll wait
Black ruled countries that are progressing are:Ghana,South Africa,Namibia,Rwanda(Kagame can show a little more respect for human rights though) and Botswana.
The reason these countries are progressing is because they have reasonable leaders who loot with sense. Their politicians steal, but make sure they have 24 hour electricity,Universities they can send their kids to and hospitals that can attend to their health care needs

Nigerians fantastically corrupt politicians are brainless:They loot money for hospitals like the tyrant Buhari and take a 6 hour flight to UK or Germany for medical checkup,they loot money for the Universities and take a 6 hour flight to UK or 18 hour flight to USA to visit their children.

1 Like

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by jakandeola(m): 11:28am On Dec 24, 2019
IronGalaxy:
may god purnish u south animal u Neva cure ur HIV and u want south animal to rule over a great country like Nigeria
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Kpoikpoi: 11:41am On Dec 24, 2019
Vanhooijdonk:
Nigeria has proven to the world it is a failed state that has been ruled by kingpins of corruption who have looted $582 billion dollars since 1960,cornered and shared the oil blocks among themselves and given themselves the best life pension,despite making the country the poverty capital of the world..
https://www.thecable.ng/chatham-house-582bn-stolen-from-nigeria-since-independence
While the average Nigerian lives in poverty and lacks basic amenities taken for granted such as electricity,water,security.

Our African brothers in Ghana and South Africa have shown you can still loot and provide your nation with 24 hour electricity,world class education system and have responsive leadership.

We need to outsource governance at local,state and federal level to the South Africans and Ghanians for 20 years, so they can provide 24 hour electricity,quality education system and show us how to obey the rule of law.

Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Kpoikpoi: 11:42am On Dec 24, 2019
Don't worry about Nigeria, we will be fine.
Just worry about your pipe dream Biafra.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2019
IronGalaxy:
The other countries are mentioned are not so developed when compared to Europe and America even SA is way developed than kenya, another thing helping them is small population. Take kenya for example, they don't produce up to 3000 megawatt of electricity but they have constant light, Nigeria produce about 5000 megawatt but don't have constant light. When we talk of developed country there's really very few in Africa, we can say Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia and maybe south Africa, but definitely not kenya or ghana
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by nototribalist: 1:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
Flier:
You shouldn’t be posting things like this or how do you want Nigerians in Ghana or South Africa to feel.Please Stop acting like enemy of state those countries are not really better than Nigeria it just depends on where you live in Nigeria
the fool is a ghanian
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2019
nototribalist:
the fool is a ghanian
Nigerian brah
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 24, 2019
charliboy654:

The other countries are mentioned are not so developed when compared to Europe and America even SA is way developed than kenya, another thing helping them is small population. Take kenya for example, they don't produce up to 3000 megawatt of electricity but they have constant light, Nigeria produce about 5000 megawatt but don't have constant light. When we talk of developed country there's really very few in Africa, we can say Morocco, Egypt, Tunisia and maybe south Africa, but definitely not kenya or ghana
South Africa cities can rival many European cities. The predominantly Dutch settlers who ruled the country developed most cities to Dutch standards before they handed power to the blacks in 1994.
There has been massive corruption in South Africa since 1994, but not enough to completely destroy all the infrastructure that was handed over. For example South Africa has been experiencing power cuts and they found out there was embezzlement at Eskom of funds budgeted to help improve the generation capacity. Unfortunately corruption is a big problem in Africa . Key government officials are willing to sabotage their countries to become rich overnight.
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by IronGalaxy: 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
charliboy654:

The lack of melanin, which essentially describes whites can't possibly be a reason for development
Re: Failed State:South Africa Or Ghana Should Rule Nigeria For 20 Years by IronGalaxy: 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2019
jakandeola:
may god purnish u south animal u Neva cure ur HIV and u want south animal to rule over a great country like Nigeria
firstly, you respond to me with insults when I didn't insult anyone in the first place, all the hallmarks of an immature person. You have nothing of substance to offer other than your daily HiV rants

Secondly, I keep telling you, you people have no business dissing us South Africans about the disease when you're sitting on a time bomb yourselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: South Will Rise Up In Arms If Another Northerner Succeeds Buhari -Babachir / Angry Youths Chased Fulani Herdsmen Out Of Their Community In Enugu State. / Tony Chidi Wanted For Importing 6.5B Worth Of Heroin Spraying Money In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.